Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart

P
04-20-2022, 11:28 PM
^^
arrival to northfall, set a few days before harper sees kuhn ;; @Ragnar mostly but birbs too if they want to join, @Sylvie @Krakarak

The land of Northfall. Why, it seemed like half a world away, yet it was almost the same distance that Event Horizon had been. Harper would not be too surprised if she, too, would be able to see the glorious red trees from Ichorwood. She made a mental note to take the long way home to stop and see the red trees, and perhaps see what other plant life and pack life was near.

She pondered, then, if there would be other medics that she could mingle and learn with, especially if Ragnar had sent @Krakarak on a mission to find all the healing wolves that he could find. It made sense, if one was wounded or something, though Harper assumed that she would learn of the details at a later time.

She would follow Krakarak to the place that he'd lead her, with Sylvie either hitching a ride on her, or flying nearby; Harper's eyes would immediately take notice to the differences in culture, as well as scents, and whatever gardening areas - if any - that they had. Oddly just looking around until the King showed himself; Harper didn't really want to be caught on his territory without his acknowledgement of her being there.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
04-22-2022, 03:34 AM
Sylvie, encouraged to continue her flying lessons through Krakarak's ceaseless efforts, was flapping crankily nearby and heaving like a dog while doing so. The miracle of flight seemed less of a miracle and more of a strenuous activity for her atrophied musculature, but she knew that if she ever wanted to become a warrior, she had to shape up. Hopping along the ground only got one so far, and Mama seemed to be the only one willing to carry her for longer than four hours at a time (often saying something about 'tiny little needle talons' digging into everyone's scalp).

With a final, exhausted pump of her little wings, she collapsed onto Harper's back, reveling in the soft fur that met her aching body.

She hated exercise. She hated it.

Still - she needed to grow strong to protect her family.

The raven propped herself back up, taking a quick look around. “We have awwived!” she stated obviously. “So... what are we wooking for?”

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-23-2022, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2022, 02:57 AM by Krakarak. Edited 1 time in total.)
 He lead the pair, wolf and birb, towards his home of Northfall. It was sloooowwww going, mostly because of the wolf he would never ever admit that the sweet little angel hatchling was too slow. Having the young raven along cheered his mood up as well as the fact that he was likely to get rewarded for being a good Watcher. He deserved all of the food! He would have enough to share with his dearest companion. Sylvie. Not the loud healer wolf!

"You doing good! Krakaw! Very good, ya!" He encouraged the hatchling, although it was clear she needed a rest. They were going quite the distance but it was good exercise. He watched as she landed on Harper's back while he went to a nearby tree to land. "We look for RAGNAR!" And while he raucously cawed his friend's name, he launched himself from the tree. "RAGNAARR!" He croaked, calling for the man so that he could announce his success. He circled high, making himself visible and audible so that the wolf would hear him.

the staff team luvs u

"Speaking in Common Tongue"
"Язеьнсхж сх Иьэех ШдхжкебФсиа Шдхжке!"
Paladin
04-26-2022, 02:04 AM
Ragnar would be ready too whenever his partner returned to the heights of Northfall. After @Valmúa and @Kuhn were settled, Ragnar sought the word of Sindri. Together they spoke of their new visitors and together they hunted for something to build their strength. A pair of rabbits was left at the opening of his visitor's cavern. Ragnar had to give Sindri all the credit, who was as swift as her given name suggested. In his jaws now, a large red crab from the sea.

As though on cue, the sun-kissed King was beckoned to the outskirts of his home by the voice of Krakarak. Hopefully, his friend had been successful in returning to them a healer of good worth. Since it seemed those of Banesteppe were no longer around, Ragnar wondered who it was Krakarak had found.. After all, he had taken quite a bit longer then what it would have taken to retrieve someone from Windmere.

When he came, Ragnar's eyes met the figure of a very tall woman, much as that of Freya's own height yet with a more stocky build. She held earthen tones of onyx, rich dirt and rock with streaks of silver through. She smelt of the Elysium Queens too, not that of Windmere. She was beautiful as they, too.

Settling down the crab, he licked his drooling chops and rose a scarred brow first to Krakarak and then down to his visitor where a half-smile then rose. “I was not expecting to meet another woman of Elysium. Still, your company is very welcome.” He pauses, dipping his muzzle looking her up and down with an icy stare. “I am Ragnar Stormborn, King of Northfall.”
the staff team luvs u
*Ragnar frequently has black feathers woven into his scruff, curiosity of his good friend, Krakarak.
04-26-2022, 03:15 AM
^^Harper’s attention went to the birb warrior that settled on her backside with the arch of brow, glancing her over to make sure the winged warrior hadn’t pushed herself too far. This was her niece by marriage and adoption, after all, though Harper would not truly know how to act if she were to ever have any blood nieces or nephews -

Such a thought so strange and bizarre, Harper does not fathom that two women would want or desire children - and once the king arrived, Harper took a moment to look him over, too. The man her friend shared children with, yet was not mated to, who looked like a cloud of cream, with piercing white eyes.

He, too, was a large man, standing at her height - when was the last time she’d met anyone of her actual height? - glancing him with the tilt of her head. His words cause her ears to flicker, confirming that the Murder Pack was indeed that of Northfall, after all.

“King Ragnar, I have heard much of you.” Though likely not from the mouth he had been expecting. “Pleasure to finally meet you. I am Harper Bacchus, Thornweaver of Elysium; seestar to Valeska. Thank you fer having me.”

She, too, would dip her muzzle to him in a show of respect, with the wag of her tail. “I understand that there is a red woman in need of my attention?” Harper had hoped she was naturally red and not red from her or someone’s blood.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-28-2022, 02:49 AM
Having not been privy to the mysterious events of Amaranth and Valeska's previous visitation, Sylvie was mercifully unable to make any statements that might embarrass the party. Instead she popped her head up from Harper's ruff curiously, regarding Ragnar with a suspicious eye - to her it had seemed Mama was rather more enthralled with him during their stay than she was comfortable with, especially considering how he was, well, clearly a wolf.

Mama was not a wolf - she was a cumbersome, leggy raven.

It would never have worked between them.

Besides, they had Krakarak.

“Oh,” she said disappointedly, huffing and glaring back out toward the mountain vista. She had hoped their journey was for something more interesting (not that she had paid any attention in their briefing), and quickly grew bored. “Kwakawak, wanna eat. M'HUNGRY.”

the staff team luvs u
04-29-2022, 03:06 AM
 There he was! The raven let out a welcome caw as Ragnar drew near and then would lower from the sky and land on the man's shoulders with a fancy flourish (mostly for Sylvie's benefit). "See? Krakarak do good, ya? Bring loud healer wolf like you ask. Krakaw!" He grinned, quite pleased with himself and forgetting his earlier dramatics when he'd been sent on the task. For Ragnar --and Sylvie-- it had been worth it in the end.

But it would be even more worth it if there was food involved.

Right on cue, the little hatchling piped up. And Krakarak added on, "We hungry! Krakarak and little-cute-Sylvie-hatchling want food! You promised! Krakaw!" He had promised no such thing but, you know, he was wanting his reward and to feed his little child. That little crab-thing was hardly worth the effort he'd gone through! He fluttered down from Ragnar's back and began poking at it disdainfully with his beak. It was all shell even! Booooo!

the staff team luvs u

"Speaking in Common Tongue"
"Язеьнсхж сх Иьэех ШдхжкебФсиа Шдхжке!"
05-09-2022, 02:48 AM
Krakarak, as typical fashion, came to sweep down and land onto the backside of the north king. “You did Kra and I am most grateful for it.” Valmua and Kuhn would be too, of course. However it took longer then planned the raven had not come back empty-beaked.

King Ragnar, the sound of it on her lips gave him pleasure, but even more so it did when she had said that she had heard much about him. Be of it enemies or be of it friends, she had heard of him.

[Image: BeautifulSardonicKatydid.webp]

Ragnar looked her up down down while she introduced herself. Sister of Valeska.... Ahhh, so beauty did run in the family. “Yes, a redhead and her cat, too.” He spoke of his injured company. The little bird, Sylvie, typically boasted her disinterest in wanting to be here now. She screeched out for food, Krakarak's croaks followed.

“If crab does not suit you, I've left two rabbits at the den of where we are headed. Your free to make a trade with the tiger, if you dare.” Ragnar both teased and challenged the raven at the same time.

Turning back to Harper, Thornweaver you say?” Ragnar spoke as he lifted a paw to flop it on top of the crab so Krakarak stopped his poking at it. “So you then are the one Sindri fancies?” Leaving her with that bit of information, Ragnar picks back up the crab and motions his head to the side for Harper to start following him...
the staff team luvs u
*Ragnar frequently has black feathers woven into his scruff, curiosity of his good friend, Krakarak.
05-09-2022, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2022, 03:07 AM by Harper. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^The birbs were, of course, louder than any wolf Harper had ever had the pleasure of knowing, and Harper wondered how on earth the King and her sister’s wife ever managed to deal with them. “And I’m the loud one?” Harper smirked, arching her brows at them as the practically begged for food.

“I thought you be the King’s royal jest, or whatevers,” Harper mused with the lick of her lips; it was unbecoming for a royal to act like such a baby! She would turn to glance back at the king, almost taking pity upon him.

“The birb did not mention Kuhn was here...” Ragnar had only mentioned a tiger, but Harper knew that scent. She and her sister had attended a very lovely luncheon with tea with him, after all.

The one Sindri fancies?

And then King Ragnar spoke of Sindri and Harper stopped, arching her brows towards him. “I beg your pardon?” As though she were challenging him to either explain or repeat himself. (Plot twist, it's both.)

Her eyes narrowed, watching him as he walked off, though clearly baiting her to follow him. Was he about to show Harper a good time? No, no, he was surely just being a good host and showing her where the injured were..

“Alright, Sylvie, be sure to take it easy on your frand, yes? I have an audience with the King, and then I has to go see me friend, the tiger.”

And off she went, following the King in wonder of where he was taking her.
^^
the staff team luvs u
06-19-2022, 08:37 PM
This is mostly just a partial response I had saved on my phone for this. Figured I'd throw it up so I can get rid of it. Lol alot has happened since this thread anywaysss.

Ragnar couldn't help the smirk which moved over his features as Harper titled Krakarak as his 'royal jest'. Ragnar didn't comment on it but nodded his head as Harper mentioned Kuhn. “Yes, both he and Valmua were attacked within their home, in the Everfrost forest.” A frown on his lips and a sigh.

He would begin to shift then, turning around in motion for Harper to then follow. They could walk and talk. After all, though his visitor's wounds had stopped bleeding, Ragnar was uncertain if the wounds needed cleaning or if they needed to be treated for infection before it could fester.

Allowing her to speak with the little one before continuing on, Ragnar pauses, a single scarred brow raising. “Yes. Sindri had spoken of your findings... frozen falls?” He elaborated, now holding question in his own tone. Surely there was not two Harper Thornweavers in Elysium, was there?
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top