Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I'd do my life different, to honor you

Evening
AW
Dragonford Isles
Northfall
Frostchant
04-20-2022, 12:35 AM
Dragonford, Northfall, and Frostchant are tagged because they are the closest, but any pack can come snag these two!

The man walked north, not really knowing where he was going but figuring that, similar to what @Amata said, they would likely find a pack up this way. At least he hoped so, he was scared being this far from home, but of course he wasn't going to show that. After what seemed like forever of walking, though it was only most of the day, he would stop, sniffing the area they were in. He caught the scent of quite a few creatures, some of which seemed to be pack scents. "This place might be the best to find somewhere, help me call for someone."

He had been walking with her the whole time and now, would sit and lift his head to the sky. A howl came from his small body, calling out to the packs that were around them as he hoped they heard his call. It was a quite simple call that flew on the wind, one asking for someone to give them a home. Though he would be fine with it just being the two of them together, he knew that logically, they needed someone to take care of them. If that creature back there was anything to show for it, they certainly weren't ready to take on the world by themselves.

the staff team luvs u
He does. He speaks. He thinks.
WARNING: 3-3-3 Character
Misc Skill
04-20-2022, 03:52 AM
^^While Leviathan was scared, possibly too scared to let it show, although Amata could tell the difference in his mannerisms, and she could smell the fear on him - Amata simply was not. Perhaps if the Nightwalkers had been her entire life, - which okay, it was, but she hadn’t been born there, merely found and taken in like some sort of street rat -

Amata welcomed the change of scenery; welcomed any scent that smelled better than rancid, rotting meat. The view was nice, and walking on the beach was alright, she supposed. Leviathan asked for her assistance in calling for someone, and Amata paused in stride to look at him as he cried a plea of help.

While he had a good idea there, she had something else in mind and since a relationship between these two hadn’t yet been confirmed..

Young single girl looking for a good time. I enjoy long walks on the beach and getting chased by piggies. Come find me.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
04-20-2022, 04:00 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
The man had finished his call for help, though his ears picked up her own call as he turned towards her with a growl. "I don't think so." He snarled softly and would attempt to tackle her in the middle of her call. "You are looking for no one." He would say softly, whispering in her ear if he were able to tackle her and pin her down. His fear was entirely gone now, as something else entirely was on his mind. "I would have thought you would have figured this out by now, but you are mine and only mine. I will gut and torture anyone who even thinks about courting you." 

He would snarl softly again as he spoke, still whispering in a low growl, his voice husky and deep, even for his young age. "If I need to, I will gladly claim you right here and now if you want me to." He chuckled softly as he looked down at her, the want and need clear in his eyes as he watched her. He made sure to give her an escape route if she wanted to move from under him. However, the challenge was in the air, think between the two of them.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-20-2022, 06:09 PM
Ragnar and Sindri both had heard the young voices, echoing through the lands of the Brim out in the distance. Maybe more of her pack had heard it and certainly the islanders near. The land there of the Brim, shrouded from fog and blocking anything and anyone in it from view.

Together the pair settled on their coastline. Sindri was the first to rise onto slender peach limbs. “I will go check.” She spoke to her King who nodded and awaited patiently should he be needed.

Sindri walked the Brim with uncaring.  She knew these lands as Dragonford hunting and so would not hunt though would not limit herself to walk through them especially when seeking to move south.

She would come to a sandy and soot boy along with a chocolate and cream coated girl. Both no more then half a year's aging. They were tangled together and a single ear turned back with a smirk on her lips as she caught the tail end of the boy's words. He looked far too young to even know how to use it but she wouldn't test the theory either. So, at first to the girl Sindri says, “Looks to me your having a good time already.”
the staff team luvs u

Paladin
04-22-2022, 02:08 AM
^^
roll nat 20 if it matters lmao

It was a test; a test that Leviathan had failed with flying colors. Amata had known that she was stirring the pot, but she hadn’t cared and did it anyway. He needed help, so she gave it to him - it wasn’t her fault that he didn’t like the words that came out of her mouth.

He snarled and tossed his weight around, trying his best to pin her with threats of claiming her, and Amata lunged forward to sink her canines into his neck, squeezing tightly and slowly - assuming he hadn’t moved. I belong to no one. Amata hissed, and forcefully pushed him off her with a growl. They were supposed to be looking for someone to take them in, and not.. whatever this had turned into.

Sindri was a welcome distraction, as Amata took this time to approach her with the wag of her tail and sheepish grin. “I apologize that you had to witness that. My name’s Amata. We’re uh a bit lost and in need of a home and-or shelter until we uh can figure out where the heck we are, or what we’re doing.. ”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-25-2022, 11:31 AM
The boy smirked slightly as she snapped back, not-so-secretly loving her fire and aggression. Even as she pushed him away, he would back up, giving little to no resistance because, even after everything he said, it was clear that he was messing with her. Turning to the new wolf that walked forward, Levi fell silent, letting Amara take over the conversation. She was better at talking between the two of them anyway. 

Remaining quiet, he would sniff the air, taking in the new wolf's scent and learning as much as he could about the pack they might be joining. He was glad she didn't say what pack they were from. Last thing they needed was to be tracked down. Still, the boy, though small, would watch the woman with unsure eyes, having grown up learning not to really trust others. It was the way of Nightwalkers after all.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-26-2022, 03:35 AM
It was firstly the cream and rich chocolate girl which came into her direction. Her colors were earthy, natural, but her markings were uniquely so. A very pretty young woman. It was no wonder the sandy and soot boy was protective over her and desired her attention to be upon he and he only.

The young female was polite, apologizing and openly admitting they were 100% lost. How they got here- who knows. Wolves (and other such creatures, hell even gods!) had a way with just literally falling out of the sky around here. It was by no means a shock to Sindri. Not to mention, they were young, just gaining their ability for a little independence. Even in a normal world, those their age did tend to get a little misplaced.

“I am Sindri Swiftkill.” She introduces, her nose twitching as she took them in and her sunflower eyes shifted to the boy's bloody red. He was quiet, listening, calculating as he watched carefully. With the way he had spoken to the girl, surely he would fight to protect her if he must. Sindri's tail was out stiff behind her yet her hairs relaxed and a small smile on her lips, allowing the boy to know that while she was friendly, she was on guard too.

“You too are far north in the mountain region, Amara. My mountains stretch the length of the coast with the expanse of the tundra to its northern face. Just beyond this fog,” She tilts her head to jut her muzzle out behind her. “If your looking for a place of settlement or even just to rest your paws, I can offer you sanctuary in Northfall. So long as you play nice...”

She shifts her attention to the boy, a smirk playing on her peachy mug. “While we enjoy a good fight, raiding and torturing is reserved for our enemies.” She pauses, tail tossing up and shoulders lifting with a shrug. “Which we do have, if you are not shy of it.” Of course, Sindri had no intention of getting these pups intentionally killed. They were young, healthy. Wolves such as them were an asset to a growing and strengthening of a pack. In Northfall, they would not be culled for their love of a bit of bloodshed. Alas for loyal wolves in her home, she needed to be open and honest what their acceptance would include too.
the staff team luvs u

04-26-2022, 04:52 AM
^^Levi went from proclaiming that she was to be his to sudden silence, leaving Amata to speak to the stranger on their behalf. An interesting turn of events, though the female seemed nice enough. All they needed was a pack to look after them for awhile, though Amata was vastly unaware of the culture shock that the two of them would likely endure having gone from the greedy and cruel Nightwalkers to whatever Northfall was.

So they were in the mountains. Truthfully, she never knew the name of the place (Temperate) that they’d been in before, but it sure as hell wasn’t the mountains. The air smelled different, and there was a beach here. It felt so strange, but the idea of a sanctuary was an interesting one.

“Nice to meet you, Ms Swiftkill. Could you tell us more of Northfall on the way there?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 06:23 AM
Levi wasn't good with words, that much was strikingly obvious which is why he left her to do the talking. After all, they wanted to join this pack and he was rather harsh when he spoke. He kept his watch on the wolf in front of them, entirely ready to protect Amata again if needed. He noticed the stance of the other wolf, as it seemed they were just as weary of them as he was of her. Good. That meant this pack wasn't just a group of happy go lucky idiots that would make friends with anyone they met. 

As she spoke about torturing their enemies, Levi didn't even bat an eye and for the first time since the wolf showed up, spoke up. "I can promise you that neither of us shy away from violence and death." A statement and a warning all in one. His voice was deep for his age, though he spoke in a hushed voice, his body still tensed though he now moved to stand beside Amata instead of behind her like a devil over her shoulder. "If you accept us, we will pull our weight while we are there." He had no problems putting in work and had obviously come from a place where he was used to doing so. After all, him and Amata knew what happened when someone didn't pull enough of their weight.

He glanced over at Amata, noting how nice she was being. He knew that was a crock of shit but would play along anway. With a nod, he would glance back at the she wolf. "Nice to meet you." He had no intentions of stating his own name, at least not yet.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-01-2022, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 05:50 PM by Sindri. Edited 1 time in total.)
The pair was ready to quickly accept Sindri's offer. The boy stating that neither of them were shy to violence. It led Sindri to believe they had grown up in a rather brutish and barbaric group. They would find themselves in no such shell-shock then, living in Northfall. But she hoped to teach them there was much fun and celebration to be had in Northfall, too.

“Good.” She said to both Leviathan's sentences, his gruff tones finally being revealed to her. Yet, no name still. Sindri was but a stranger to them and they the same for her. Only time would tell if they only stayed until they got their barings, until they found their family again or if they ended up enjoying their new home in the coastal mountains and the proud, some rough, others mischievous, within it.

“The pleasure is all mine...” A flick of her tail and she turns round. Sindri began to walk and with it began to talk.

“My family and I had settled here at the beginnings of last summer. Our King is Ragnar Stormborn and I, the Regent. The land isn't all rock and ice however. Your free to find denning along the coast or in the forest at the outer portion of the territory- whichever suits you.” Only when they left the Brim would finally the fog began to this, once more revealing that there was, indeed, the rest of the world around them still.

“You two are both young. The north is a good place to test your abilities and sharpen them. It isn't for easy living but there is much beauty in its danger.” Between the icy slopes, the cold winds and choppy sea met with rocky beaches, it was not like lounging in the tropics or mild temperate forests. This, too, was another reason why Sindri loved it so.

Ahead lie the mountains, their path bringing them to the eastern edge of them with the ocean out the the left. She would guide them where earth met sea.
the staff team luvs u

05-09-2022, 02:42 AM
^^In the silence that Levi seemed to create, Amata wondered how the Nightwalkerborn would handle the differences in pack life. The conversation seemed to turn towards violence, and honestly, Amata was not surprised. How many times already has she heard him tell her that he’d kill her?

And how many more times would she hear him utter that useless phrase? Too many, Amata knew. “You speak as though that’s all you know,” Amata muttered, surprisingly bitter, “but thankfully that macabre lifestyle is behind us. A warning, should he choose to read between the lines.

Glancing up to the path that Sindri brought them to, Amata took a deep inhale. Finally, a place to call home.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-10-2022, 12:54 AM
The man fell silent again, listening to everything that the woman before them said, though he still didn't entirely trust her. He was difficult to trust new creatures as it was, but considering that they were in her home land, it meant that if it came down to it, she would have the home turf advantage which, he didn't like. The first thing he was going to do would be to learn as much as he could about this new land. He wanted to be able to find places to hide if needed, but also places that could help him in a fight.

Shifting his eyes towards Amata, he would narrow them in warning at her, catching her own sly warning in return. He had no intentions on backing down from violence as that was all he really knew and understood. However, he would at least keep it away from her. But if was aggressive with him, he wouldn't just sit back and let that happen either. A simple nod would be all that he showed that he understand, though narrowed eyes still turned towards the new wolf.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-13-2022, 04:51 PM
Can fade soon?

The two teenagers listened to Sindri as she spoke and guided them towards what would be their new home, for however long or not. Surely, there were parents out their worried of their children and would likely kill the one they thought to have kidnapped them. Perhaps they would think Northfall had done so. Perhaps Sindri would never have to find out.

Amata did not seem to keen on returning anytime soon with the words that murmured past her lips as she spoke to the boy.

Along the upper part of the beach, where sands would turn into soil, Sindri stopped and turned back to them. “I can show you two a cache for food and a tide pool we catch easy meals from when the tide goes out. Then I'll let you both explore your new home.” Her yellow eyes dance over the boy and back to Amata who carried the weight of the conversation. Sindri would not ask of their former home. Not yet.
the staff team luvs u

scroll to top