Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

AW
dunes

AW
Warcrest
newborn sunrays caress the brow, the eyelid and the lacrimal caruncle, but never the sandy iris and not yet the stone pupil. they move down the wall of the graveditch valley, until they finally reach the isolated plinth.

and upon it, something stirs.

the babe is fearless, and makes no noise upon finding itself somewhere bright and windswept.
the stirring in its gut, however, is a different issue altogether. it causes it to crawl over to the very edge of the peak, where its head pokes over and calls out for its absent mother.

the acoustics of the Eye repeat and return the cry manyfold to it.

hello all! :D i'm a newcomer to this site, and i've decided to run a little experiment. i've made accounts for six three-weeks-old dog puppies, and with each of them i will post in a different pack territory. my goal is none, really. what happens to the pup is completely up to whoever finds it, and this does very much encompass both killing and adopting it. i'm doing this for the sake of seeing what happens, and getting acquainted with the site, its writers and characters in a way that'd be entertaining to me. i hope we all get to hame fun aaaand maybe commit some infanticide! ;D

the staff team luvs u
he does. he speaks. he thinks.
[Image: MLIFR+GIF2.gif]
Formation
The male had been wondering around and checking his borders, making the scent markers stronger and keeping an eye out for any trespassers. As he caught the scent of another, he let out a low growl before prowling forward. However, as he grew closer, the man stopped in his tracks. What.... was that a baby? He moved closer to sniffed it, checking that it was actually the scent he caught on the wind. But, there was no other scents around. 

He looked around for a moment before lifting his head and howling for @Ivory and @Nyra unsure of what to do with this small bundle of fur. With an annoyed snarl, the man would pick up the crying child by the scruff of the neck, taking it further into the protected den. This was absolutely ridiculous. 

Setting the child down, he would narrow his eyes at it. "Stop fucking crying." He muttered out, though wrapping himself around the child as he waited for one of the women in his pack to help him out.

the staff team luvs u
3-3-3

Satan is usually covered in blood
the shape that appeared was at first mistaken for мама, white and warm, but they loomed far taller, and when they grabbed the pup by the scruff, it hurt much more.

still it was the empty belly that most concerned the boy, and it continued to complain as it was taken underground. it squeaked as it was set down onto a surface much harder than the warm blankets of the dog basket.

the muttered command made it cease. little newborn-grey eyes turned towards the speaker. it though it understood the noises the Big Shapes made, but these evaded translation. it confused the child enough for it to go quiet as the white shape wrapped itself around it.

the scent and texture were foreign, but the size and warmth more than made up for it. just one more thing, and this newest мама would be perfect.

the pup dove into the lush underfur of the stranger, in search of a nipple.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
The man sighed as he laid there, silently wondering why he didn't just eat this little shit. As the child started to try and find a nipple to suckle, the man would quickly stand up. "Hey, now. That's not how this works you little shit." He huffed as he looked around, wondering what the fuck he needed to do now"Fine, I'll get you something to eat." Walking over to the cache he had started, the man picked up a small vole and set it down in front of the child. 

"Fuck, you probably can't eat this yet." He would huff for a moment before picking up the vole and chewing it up for the small boy. After be made sure it was soft and damn near liquid, the man would regurgitate it, placing it on the ground in front of him. "That should work, try to eat that." He looked around, wondering if anyone had shown up yet. With a sigh, he would glance over at the pup. "This would be so much easier if I just ate you, you know. Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for you, I believe you could be a wonderful opportunity for me to have an heir." 

He had plans for this child, plans that he wasn't going to let anyone know just yet.

the staff team luvs u
3-3-3

What a splendid sight this was, wasn’t it? A cottonball of a child, and Satan… being totally clueless as usual. Not that Marvel knew how to take care of one, but it was fun to watch him stumble and try to care for something.

Wasn’t he supposed to be this big bad - mr do what i say or i’ll use brute force? Guess not.

“Oh, a meal for me? You shouldn't have.” Marvel smirked, sitting down some distance away, arching a brow at the couple.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Warcrest
Medic
Nyra was in the temple of the blood lake when the distant-sounding howl of Satan demanded her attention. 

Grumbling, the Warmaiden made her way up the channels of tunnels and eventually found her mirror image and one of the other recruits with....a baby?

Chuffing softly to announce her presence, Nyra came a couple steps into the den,  eyes watching the peculiar puppy. It obviously wasn't a wolf cub, she figured, but definitely canine.

Motherly instincts thrummed through her veins, and she dutifully came forward, nosing gently over the youth to see if it had anything wrong with it health wise. She wasn't the most skilled physician, but she'd make do as she combed over the pup with gentle yet sharp sniffs and soft nibbles to try and locate any potential damage, mindful of the regurgitated meat right in front of the whelp
the staff team luvs u
PROFILE UNDER CONSTRUCTION 
Formation
He doubted that this child would actually become his heir, but nonetheless, Satan figured he would give him a chance. Even though he seemed like the world smallest wolf. Glancing up at the sound of Marvel walking in, a toothy grin would show on his face. "If he becomes to much, yes." He started to say more but the sound of another caught his attention. Finally a female. 

Seeing her instantly go to work with the child, the man would stand up, shaking his fur slightly. "Congrats, you have a son now." He said simply before stretching himself. "Raise him and keep him in line, if he annoys us, then Marvel can eat him." He flicked his tail as he moved away from the small pup, not wanting anything to do with him anymore. 

"I'm going hunting." He said simply, heading to leave unless someone spoke to him again.

the staff team luvs u
3-3-3

the child made a yelp of complaint when the new мама rose before it could finish its search for milk. it remained grumpily quiet, until something roughly it-sized was dropped before it.

the babe inspected the object, the way it was fuzzy and cold. it didn't know what to do with it. it raised its head and blinked at the new-мама.

the item was taken away. there were wet munching noises, soon followed by a hefty splash, and a much more recognizable scent of a warm, mushy meal. the pup waddled up to the throw-up puddle and began smacking and licking, stumpy tail wagging.

engrossed, it paid little attention to the new мама's weird words, and to the other voice that joined in. even as it heard the clicking of claws behind itself, and felt hot air blow along its back, it only lifted its head once, to give its first displeased squeak-snarl to the great white muzzle intruding upon its meal.

annoyed, freshly toothed gums attempted to bite the nose, the way they'd defend its favourite nipple from its siblings.

congrats nyra, its a boy
[Image: 20220418_112741.jpg]

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Medic
yall are mean lmao XD

Nyra looked up with a glare of protest at Satan as the tyrant decided that this tiny thing was going to be her son.

And therefore her responsibility.

Growling loudly with displeasure, Nyra would nip at the child in response to the displeased squeak-snarl and attempt to bite her nose. 

The nip was intended as a clear signal to the tiny boy to mind his manners.
Hopefully the attitude from the kid was done with after that, as she curled around the little shit and continued pressing lightly with her nose into his little body,  checking for broken bones. 

It was something she swore @Dairinn had done plenty a time her first night in the Plains with Fox Mom.

Pulling back to look at the brown and white pudge and keeping in mind the display of aggression, Nyra sighed.

"Your name will be Arcanis." She decided to the child. Maybe she'd change her mind, but it sounded fitting even if the brat, she felt, wasn't going to be very big or noble-looking upon being fully grown. 

hopefully that's a good name for him, Bees? Lol

the staff team luvs u
Sorry about being late to the party! I didn't notice that I got tagged till now.

Ivory was stalking prey. But as the howl from Satan sounded nearby, the vole became frightened and ran into its burrow before they could do anything to it. Growling in displeasure, they stalked back to the den that was their new home, padding in to see what the actual hell was going on, and why they were summoned. 

As Ivory stalked in, they heard the squeaking of... a child?! "What the actual hell. Why is there a child in here?" Ivory gazed at Satan, who was just about to leave. "Did you find that child? Who's gonna take care of it?

They padded towards the child and that other wolf Satan brought in. "Oh, sweet child, I hope they're treating you well.

So there was still a shred of kindness in them. Huh.
the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
the little nip caught it off-guard. that had never happened before. the gesture only somewhat corrected the pup's behaviour; it still made little, rumbly growls as this big white figure that the pup had decided was not any sort of мама continued to push their nose into its body. how invasive!

its protests would, however, slowly cease as the all-engulfing warmth and a full belly lulled it into a deep slumber.

even while dreaming, arcanis would kick and bare his teeth, mind full of tiny bodies like his own, writhing in a feeble imitation of a fight for dominance. the white-eared pup would stand victorious over them all, of course, as he was surely fated to do, in dreams, and for the rest of his days.

that's it from me :D

the staff team luvs u
Marvel arched his brows towards the snow leopard with the tilt of his head, glad that he wasn’t the only one here who was questioning his authority of bringing in an infant. The other female named the thing, and Marvel licked his lips in response to Satan’s words, before also heading out.

He had other things to do, and if they were wise, they wouldn’t come to him to babysit a meal.

exit marvel

the staff team luvs u
Formation
The man had been halfway out of the cave when the snow leopard rushed in, late to the party. Not that the man minded, his paws were cleaned of the situation now. Turning as she spoke up, the man would sigh softly before speaking. "Calm your fucking tits, I found him at the border of our territory, be glad I brought him in and didn't feed him to Marvel for a snack. You two can take care of him, I don't care who does, just teach him and keep him in line." Satan didn't really care about what happened to the little one. 

"Ivory, meet Nyra, Nyra meet Ivory. You both know me, and that little one is now called Arcanis." Introductions were simple and done and with that, he had nothing else to say. Leaving the two women to fight over the child for all he cared, he headed out, having more important things to do.

-Satan exits

the staff team luvs u
3-3-3

Formation
measly post from me ;w;

Nyra was both briefly shocked, and then confused as a fucking feline entered the room. 
But just as quickly, the emotion faded to impassiveness and as the cat came closer, the Warmaiden looked down to the bundle of fluff at her paws before hellfire- gold eyes met the female feline again. 

She heard the introductions given by Satan, didn't give a shit about whatever else he said before he took his leave.

And then they were alone. Ugh.

"I'm not going to protest if you want to take this kid instead of me." Nyra said after a brief pause. Part of her expected the snow-panther to say it was her problem, the other hoped Ivory would bend and take care of the little gremlin.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top