Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

AW
The Sheild

AW
They awoke suddenly, water lapping at their hind paws. This was new and unfamiliar terrain for them, and they wondered how they even got here in the first place. They were sure that they fell asleep somewhere different. 

They stretched, then got up rough yet graceful, as it felt like their muscles had not been used for some time. Which made them wonder how long they were there for. 

Aegis's throat felt dry too, making them turn around and lap up some water. After a few moments, Aegis heard rocks tumbling and crunching, though he didn't turn around to see who it was. "Hello friend, what brings you here to me?"
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Crossing beyond a mountain, she could see a great river took place. A connection, to what looked beyond was a lushing of grand forests and only the occasional mountains that stood comapred to the area she was already in. Though she didn't want to cross it anytime soon, feeling the life of adventuring was not at it's end within the mountains, and she did not want to give into such a life regardless. Only mild curiosity that would stop at this folding.

As she gradually came to, Orlaith could see there was a grand lake in the mixture that split off on both sides of the river. How strange, she so thought, as she looked in it seemed.. Endless. Her ears flickered and she turned, the rumbling of a few stones within the wake as the smell of another startled her. There was an orange man — though he was oh-so tall, his muscle could not compare to her own.

Some part of her felt a bit glee in that, as she proudly stood tall and smiled lightly, "Just explorin'."

the staff team luvs u
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868c4bf.png]
Only then did he turn around and took in the newcomer's appearance. He noted that the other stood tall and proud, with glee in her eyes. 

"Mm." The orange-colored wolf grunted, sharp eyes scanning the other. "Exploring sounds nice right about now. I do need to get used to this place anyways. Well, do you happen to know where we are?

Aegis turned back to the water, bending down to take a few more laps of water. After a few moments, he stopped and looked up, surveying the land around him. As he did so, he remembered his manners. 

"Forgive me, I have not introduced myself yet. I am Aegis. Who might you be?"
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Why did this one give weirdo vibes. Something the way she spoke striked a nerve, that she didn't like. Yet there wasn't really a specific reason, they didn't show aggression, and yet.. Already, Orlaith didn't like them. He held orange hues like her own, though the warrioress held more whites and blacks within the mixture.. But he did have some unusually black legs. Maybe it was also he was the same height as her, but obviously had to be weaker, and yet wasn't showing any submission. Surely not though (it was).

"Crescent cove, the north side," she said, her snout indicating to the other side beyond the lake itself, as well as the river. For some reason, sometimes these names simply came to mind and she didn't really know how, or why.. Sometimes just knew when someone asked — and honestly did not question it. She just thought she had either great memory or hearing to know this.

"I'm Orlaith," she said, raising her head in a high pride.

the staff team luvs u
"Mm." They grunted, scanning the surrounding area. It did seem like this area was curving inward like a crescent. Aegis wondered what caused this place to form. Probably erosion by the water and such. 

Then the other wolf said her name, pride visible in the way she raised her head and what her stance was like. He did know a little of some different languages, too. Especially Greek, Spanish, and Irish. "Pleased to be of acquaintance, Orlaith. You really do look like what your name means. 'Golden Queen'. Well, more like a fiery queen."
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
"That's my names meaning?" Shitttt, she had no idea. She knew certain names had meanings and so, but didn't really think twice about her own. Someone named her, and she simply went along with it ; didn't really pull any punches or felt anyway about it in particular, it was just who she was. Wasn't even aware it was of a different origin than the Norwegian one she hailed from.

She was mildly intrigued with a raised brow of surprise.

the staff team luvs u
Sorry for not responding yet, I have been busy.

"That's my name's meaning?" Orlaith spoke as though she had not known what her name meant, which was not surprising, as not many others that Aegis knew, knew Irish. And Orlaith also had a raised brow to show her surprise. 

"Yes, it is. Well, at least in Irish it is." He responded calmly, as he had half expected her to not know her name's meaning. "I know a pawful of languages, which are this one, Greek, Irish, and Spanish. That is why I knew 'Orlaith' means 'golden queen' in Irish." 
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Orlaith was mildly judging her parents at the moment. They were of Norwegian origin, vikings to say the least.. Though hearing her name 'Golden Queen,' was a bit of an oddity by her origins. What a joke! She laughed lightly, not at him but more at the situation at hand and rather thankful to know the name meaning. She gloated lightly, because she did enjoy the fact overall, even if she wasn't the Queen of anything, Orlaith sure in hell had such a confidence.

"Where you come from to know these languages?" Fuck, she barely knew Norwegian. It was on the tip of her tongue but didn't really bother to sit and learn so, and missed out on the opportunity. She was mildy impressed with anyone that spoke more then to the common-tongue, and asked him so. Where did this guy come from to know such languages? Fuck she can barely handle one.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top