Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Doing What She Likes

Morning Drizzle/Rain
P
Adventurer
04-13-2022, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 10:09 PM by Vincent. Edited 1 time in total.)
For @Vendrussel
Towards the mountains! That was what the man decided to do, figuring that the view from the top would be entirely worth the risk of falling to his death. It was a very long trek up the side of the mountain, his body not used to the vertical movement. However, he relished in the sights the whole way. The scents of the new creatures mixed with the smells of the rocks and grass mixed together. It was a scent he could very easily grow to love. His paws pressed against the firm stone as he walked, eyes watching everything as he went. 

After what felt like forever, he had found a rather beautiful area that seemed to be nestled inside the mountain. It was filled with beautiful flowers and looked like mother nature had claimed this patch as her own. Here he saw the bees doing their work and the birds singing softly. It was almost like a picture perfect area. This was the perfect spot to take a breather from his travels. It took him a while to carefully make his way down without tripping or falling, but once he did, he found himself cuddling up within a group of flowers. They smelled amazing and were rather comfy to lay in as well.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
[Image: d455c721-6913-11ed-be62-138f42b8ade7.gif]
Visionary
04-14-2022, 07:03 PM
She knew there was once a pack within the mountains — but at times they seemed so reclusive. Going near was met with a silence, and though she thought about officially greeting as so.. There was a lot happening within her life altogether, and only a while ago — did it all settled. Yet the world said otherwise and many things were happening around, where the land and skies seemed to be changing and causing warnings. The heavens above seemed to be causing changes.

A pack that disappeared into the tundra, even their mountain wisped away like the wind.. But now it seemed the same, the pack she knew the name of not. Though there smell was oh-so weak, there was evidence they once were. Were they still in the area, or did the sky said they also deserved to vanish? Vendrussel wouldn't be surprised if there was more then a few packs, that were taken away ; wisped as they all had once been done from a previous realm.

Though the question would be — why would the ancients do this? Why would any being, do this? She questioned what it could be for nothing seemed natural, and even was skeptical if this faint aroma of Windmere was bit another fading pack, or something else happened. She originally wasn't going to get too close, and yet Vendrussel couldn't help but smell someone upon the wind. They didn't smell like a pack, and yet couldn't help wonder if they knew what happened. She trailed after it, until spotting a figure within a distance.

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 12:18 AM
He had just begun to fall asleep, his mind vanishing in and out of the real world, mind traveling himself elsewhere. However, the scent of another slowly began to drawn himself out of his slumber, blinking slowly as he looked around. Hmm, there was someone around here, huh? Well he hadn't been attacked yet to either they didn't notice him, or they had no intention of doing so. Slowly, he would stand up, stretching his body with a yawn as he glanced around, bi-colored eyes blinking from the sleep. Finally, eyes would fall upon a she-wolf, one that was rather beautiful. What was it about the female wolves of this land, there were so tempting. 

Cocking his head to the side, he would wait a moment before calling out to her, his voice soft but thick with his accent. "Howdy dere miss, are ya gonna come over ta say hi, or are ya just gonna stand dere and stare?" There was a very clear amusement in his voice as he joked with her, though very clearly inviting her over. He was as nice as they came, always opening his home to anyone, especially the ladies.

As he waited to see if she would accept his offer to come over, he would move to one of the puddles on the ground, feeling the light drizzle of rain tickle his fur. He would lap at the water, though keeping his ear out to see what she would do. In all honesty, he might be accepting a crazy woman that would kill him into his personal space, but at the same time, he could be offering a nice and sweet woman to come and speak with him. He wouldn't know until later he supposed.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
Visionary
04-15-2022, 03:17 AM
There was man in the distance, he was tall, she thought that they were relatively the same height. Though unlike her cooling tones, he carried a warmth in browns all over, a mixture of lighter and darker tones that coated him. Though he held an accent she was unfamiliar with, enough where she could understand it, though Vendrussel did wonder where he came from.. And where the rest went.

She took note he didn't smelled like a pack — in fact he didn't smell like anyone. The strives of a pack upon the Highvalley were so small now, she could still make out there was once wolves within the distance by the smell of rotting cache's, and the faintest of border marking that were now extremely weakened ; was it true? Did the Ancients truly wisk them away? Or some God she knew not about?

It seemed plausable as she approached and he spoke, "Ay," she so said with a light smile, "you know anything about the pack that lived here?" She sought some information, if he knew anything — anything that was happening around generally.

It truly felt like some being above was messing with them. Her culture didn't believe in Gods, only beings that were powerful enough to bend the earth at their will ; and that is what she thought was happening. Some Ancient, or a new dragon altogether, said they were to utterly fuck with those on this mortal coil. At least, she so hoped so, someone that she knew of, someone from her own culture then an unknown entity.

In that way, she would know it was the sake for them.. But Vendrussel still had doubts — especially if a whole pack, two whole packs, simply disappear.

Maybe they needed a prayer to to see they are okay, although.. She couldn't particular remember any.

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 06:27 AM
He would offer her a welcoming smile, sitting down comfortably as she approached. It wasn't that he didn't think she couldn't do anything to him, but he just had hope that she wouldn't. Afterall, he was raised to be a gentleman and to never show fang or claw to a lady. 

As she asked about the pack that apparently used to live here, he would cock his head to the side slightly in confusion. "A pack? No, doe I do 'member a bird comin tru here askin bout a Windmare?" He wasn't sure if he was hearing the saying correctly or not, but he tried his best. "I just found myself 'ere and chose ta sleep 'ere. I 'ope das aight." He didn't want to intrude on anyone's home but it seemed to him that no one was here. 

He had no clue what weirdness was happening around here, not really seeing much of the strange sky except a glimpse every now and then at night. Even then, he kind of just figured it was normal in these weird lands. How could he know what was and wasn't normal?

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
04-16-2022, 05:38 PM
"I knew not of their name, but vaguely so we were neighbors." So that was who they were — Windmare. Though with the accent of the other she imagined it wasn't completely as so, and perhaps assumed it may another knack such as Windmere.. But she wouldn't know, for her near foothold of them was often with zero news, as the wolves of the Hollow did not often want to come out. They seemed peaceful in their seclusion, and she then forgot about moving forward with so ; as much was happening upon the coast.

Vendrussel smiled lightly, "since it's abandoned no one would care anymore," Not that she does — if anything would want some friendly relations to form so the past doesn't repeat, an anger, takes hold of a between of hunting realms and who claims what. Yet the man before her, did not seem someone who in particular was staking a claim for pack, and just a traveler.

"I am Vendrussel, of the ford."

the staff team luvs u
04-18-2022, 11:18 PM
He shrugged slightly, not really knowing if he was saying their name right or now. As far as he knew, that bird could have been bat shit insane. He figured all birds were in some regard. However, he didn't care enough about it to continue thinking about it. Instead, he attention would remain on the woman in front of him. 

Hearing her words, he would offer her a small smile, chuckling deeply for a moment. "Das very fair. I hardly smell anyone 'ere." Cocking his head to the side slightly, he would take in her name before speaking his own. "Vincent Ryder at ya service ma'am. I'm sorry ya came all dis way for nothin." He would gesture with his head to the pool of water near them. "Would ya like ta take a dip?" He was very kind about the way he spoke, always treating women with the respect that they deserved.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
04-21-2022, 08:07 PM
"Nice to meet you." She wondered what could've happened to them. The thought was perhaps eventually seek them out, and form a steady bond eventually.. Dragonford sought not immediate allies, and only the slow forming of what could be. She wanted to form that with Empyrean, ever so slowly — but the tides had to make a haste in asking for their help. For the meanwhile, it was still within a process.

Though they left, and only the remaining soul within the area was Vincent. Though nice at the very least and provided ample information. She flickered her ears at the sound of buzzing, from the neighboring bugs. Yet no sound just yet, or really anyone in the area. She wondered if they completely left, or was hovering around. Maybe she'd take a scouting around to see if can find any of them on another day.

She hummed lightly, as Vendrussel peered over and nodded, "Yeah, why not," she could always take a dive within the water. Welcoming, really, sometimes the freshness of the mountain felt like a nice change of pace. So she approached the pond, looking over to see if he would venture into it first, or was it ladies first?

the staff team luvs u
04-22-2022, 02:53 AM
The air between them was light, calm and warm as they talked. The man himself was rather calm as well, not tense or wondering if someone was going to attack him. He knew that women were a threat to be reckoned with, but he also knew that they were very sweet and charming when they wanted to be. And the beautiful woman in front of him certainly seemed like she was the second one right now. Though, he was certain that if he gave her the reason to, she would kick his ass. 

Hearing her words, he would bow his head slightly, backing away to give her room to take the dip herself. "Lady's first." He was a very sweet man, one that loved to flirt and make women feel like they were the only ones in the world. Not his fault he was just attracted to all women. Nonetheless, his only thoughts now were the woman in front of him. He grinned at her as he waited, only slipping into the water himself after she had done so first.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
04-24-2022, 12:44 AM
She grinned at him, her paw feeling the edge of the pond. It wasn't often to be treated like a lady, and she was willing to play along with so. She personally not often saw the difference between man and woman, and with her status as an Alpha of her ford as well — she didn't have too many moments oh so. Sometimes she wondered how nice it'd feel if on occasion, to be taken care of. Not something she wouldn't mind, but wouldn't want it on an every day occasion (or would she?).

Slowly did her body slide into the pond, feeling the fresh coolness against her fur. The brushing though of algea and the skittering of fish as she entered so — always was different to the sea. Where there it was always cold, and one would always feel just a bit of stickiness after, and yet her fur was a luxury like no other. Vendrussel takes pride within her silky and smooth fur ; where surely the ocean helped greatly. 

"I can smell you're a loner, where did you come from then?"

the staff team luvs u
04-25-2022, 10:02 PM
The man smiled softly as he watched her dip into the water, quickly following in after her. The water soaked his fur as he began swimming near her, letting his body float and press fur against fur if she allowed it. However, if she were to move away, he wouldn't go after her, not wanting to intrude on her space if she wasn't okay with it. He watched her as she moved through the water, eyes never leaving her body as they scanned over her form. She was fit with sleek fur that Vincent just wanted to curl up with and keep close against his chest. 

For now though, he had to push those thoughts away and life in the moment because he wasn't sure if he would get this moment again with this beautiful woman. Hearing her words, he would think for a moment before speaking. "I came from a world 'tremely different den dis. I ain't sure how I got 'ere but I'm 'ere now so I guess I'll make da most of it." He would shoot her a large, winning smile before continuing. "What 'bout ya? Were ya born 'here? I smell pack on ya. I'd like ta know more 'bout these lands, so askin' a bootiful lady seems like da perfect way to learn."

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
04-26-2022, 12:34 AM
A man intruding into her space — she grinned, but moved away with a splash attack upon him. She wasn't such a dame to simply be so close to dandy with another she barely knew ; her wolves, her culture, everything about her was focused on building on what could be. In another situation she may invited and allowed so, but what would that make her to do so with a stranger? A dancing within the water was not her tango, but he was friendly she so thought. 

She flipped — balancing rightly to float upon her back in a tranquil effort. Her eyes nearly sinking into the watery depths and barely staying floating. Maybe some movement within would drag her down or flip her into it's depths, "As all of us have. I don't believe anyone is born here, anymore." Vendrussel said with a light hum to her voice — but with a true. She met enough that washed upon the shores without knowing, stories of other wolves appearing from no where ; that it seemed naturally to just assume no one was born here.

"I found myself within a desert, and headed west for my ford — the save grace to the otherwise confusing world." Sometimes.. She held a wanderlust. Often venturing toward and around but no one questioned the Alpha — for what was the point within peace? Now with a little more reluctance since the accidents, she was more sturdy, then being a flamboyant leader. Gradual wisdom, and learning. 

At least Vendrussel was hoping.

the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 02:48 AM
He felt her move away, but didn't mind, after all, why would he be mad at her for setting boundaries? However, as she splashed him, she would chuckle softly before lightly splashing her back. He wasn't aggressive or harsh in anything he did with her. Even as she laid back to relax, he would slowly float around, keeping near her but giving her the space she wanted. Her words made him think for a moment. "Das certainly an odd ting to tink 'bout. Does dat mean pups get 'eleporded 'here doo? Dat must be hard on dem." He would glance over at the woman for a moment before speaking.

"Ya said ya'll from da ford, are ya da leader? Ya certainly present yaself as a confident and in charge woman." He seemed very impressed as he spoke about it, watching her with duel colored eyes. For the most part, only his nose and eyes were above the water, looking almost like a crocodile, but furrier. 

He swam to the edge near where she was lounging, moving to stand up for a moment. However, he didn't realize that him standing up had caused a decent amount of waves.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
04-27-2022, 10:46 PM
"Unfortunately i've met a few who have," a more somber within the mood as she thought of those young ones within Dragonford. Appearing upon the isle with no clue to how they even arrived to the isle ; she doubted they swam themselves. It brought thought that they simply 'appeared' just as she had done, and many more so. Were their parents worried for them? Or was it those parents who abandoned them so? Either way — she wouldn't look due to those reasoning's. It'd be sickening to try and find parents who don't deserve, if they were out there, "but they're strong," and surviving. 

She hummed lightly, feeling the light breeze pass upon her damp paws that dangled within the air, "I am," she said without a denial, but a relaxed tone in the matter. .. Where then the waves clashed upon her and made her flip into the water. A bit of a noise as she squabbled around, even the fish seemed relatively surprised from the moment of peace disrupted.

"A bit large, aren't you?" Vendrussel said, sitting up from the water as she found ground to stand upon.

the staff team luvs u
04-28-2022, 11:49 AM
The man nodded almost absentmindedly, thinking about how tough it was for him to adjust. He hated the idea of making a pup do that, though it seemed that if they appeared in her pack though, at least they were taken care of. As he was in his own thoughts, he hadn't realized that he had splashed her until he heard her yelp.

Instantly he rushed to her side, trying to use his body to push her out of the water, even as she had already righted herself. "Are ya aight? I didn't mean ta flip ya." He knew that she was a strong swimmer, but he still wanted to check on her. Seeing that she was alright, he would break a soft sigh of relief before moving to the bank himself. 

He would offer her a lopsided apologetic grin. "Yeah, sometimes I forget how large I actually am. Sorry 'bout that." He would still chuckle softly, finding the whole situation mildly funny.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
04-29-2022, 06:07 AM
Though she enjoyed the moment of being treated like a lady — it didn't last long, especially when it started to make her feel weak, not something she was particularly fond of. When he approached her with a worry, she only smiled with an appreciation and moved accordingly to avoid his touch as she found her paws already up, and walking toward the land. The cultures of others were.. Known, that woman were relatively delicate. He seemed nice enough that she hoped he didn't view her that way at the very least. Vendrussel was too proud to be viewed like so.

She grinned lightly, shaking her fur off from the dirt that was gathered by the fresh water, "Big boys always do cause a ruckus."

the staff team luvs u
04-29-2022, 11:57 AM
He watched her closely, noting how she moved away from him as he tried to help her. For a moment he wondered if he should just cut his losses and leave. But, he would leave that up to her. He figured that she wasn't used to being taken care of, and probably saw it as weakness if she was a leader and considering he didn't smell a mate on her, she was likely ruling alone. 

He chuckled softly as he moved to the edge of the water, slowly walking out. Shaking his drentched fur, he would speak up, even as he wasn't look at her. "Ya know, bein' cared for and waited on ain't sometin bad. Someone as strong as ya should be able ta lean on someone." His voice was soft, almost as if he was breaking bad news to someone, mostly as he wasn't sure how she would react to that. 

"I understand if its just 'cuz I'm a stranger, but from how ya act, I am inclined ta tink it's not just me." He would offer her a small smile, though was ready to leave if she told him to.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
05-01-2022, 09:08 PM
"Though I always do enjoy a good conversation," Vendrussel smiled delicately, yet seemed a bit chilled, "my culture believes in forming bonds, then to immediately dive in. When we trust someone enough, we would die for them, even if they aren't right." She wouldn't mind knowing more about Vincent — he seemed a nice fellow, a loner in the midst who just looked like someone making his way around. A true loner, within the midst as the wolf didn't seem interested to join any, and was enjoying himself within the flower fields. The dragoness enjoyed meeting others, learning about them and their culture, what was around. A craving, for more then but simple acquaintances in these wilds, a gathering of a hoard she so desired of not followers, enemies, but friends.

But she found him overstepping. A bonding where he moved faster then she would let — Vendrussel didn't know him, who he was like, his interests, or where he came from. She thought she was friends with Kei, but even then, was still building. Knew the hot-headed dragoness where she was from and her family ; but her likes were still within the vague, especially when she was busy being a diplomat. One of the few, she so thought, that she knew more then just a name.

"Forming bonds is important," she shook her pelt of the remaining water, "if you are one of those, you can find me on the beach," and so turned to the same beach. It was time to go home.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top