Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
GOAT

AW
04-13-2022, 06:07 PM
^^

Really, it hadn't been intentional. He had been messing with the goats because well -- why not? He had been getting close to spook them only to pull back when they got too angsty, all the while cracking a Grin. He hadn't meant to get as close as he had and infuriate the big bastard. It just... happened and if you asked him, he was the victim here. "Bloody menace," he grumbled to the goat who looked awfully smug where he stood upon his rocky ledge in the distance, Olaf's boyish features in a point.

If he could, he would rub his bum better. It was likely bruised! Being rammed into when you least expect it wasn't entirely joyful and he had slid a fair distance before the rocky ground resisted and there he had remained, huffing into the ground. "Next time, right, I'll eat you," he declared as he snorted, shaking his head as he drew himself dramatically across the terrain. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2022, 11:39 PM
There were mountain goats.

Billy goats.

Shaggy and white and heavyset with dark, pointed, curved horns atop their heads. Black eyes pointing outwards.

Watching him watch them.

His ears twitched at the sound of something blunt hitting something flesh, and the skittering of stone and paws against rock and dirt and grass, and the sound of someone talking to themselves.

The source of it all making themselves known when he stormed by in front of him, tall and dark.

He made a face that was somewhere between disapproval and like he had just swallowed a lemon. His ears splayed back against his head as he watched him walk by.

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2022, 11:54 PM
^^

Amongst the neutrals of the mountains lay something different, gold and furry and not at all a silly goat that didn't know how to not ram their silly horns into him. He hadn't anticipated looking at him watching him but Olaf seemed to switch up entirely, instead of sulking his demeanour swiftly changed to puffy chest and a swagger in his step as he cast the golden man a grin, "what's up, handsome?"

'Cause he was, all golden and tan and red eyed and shit. He didn't look overly happy but eh, Olaf was a case where he was just perpetually on it.
^^

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 12:15 AM
And like a cat that was just fucking doused in water—

His entire expression changed.

From boredom and apathy to anger and rage.

Seriously, what the fuck was his fucking problem?

He didn’t fucking know him.

He didn’t even fucking want to fucking know him.

And yet there he was, standing tall, his chest puffed out, with a stupid fucking smirk on his face like he was the fucking smartest man on earth instead of a sad, pathetic, fucking loser.

“Fuck off, asshole.” He spat.

He wasn’t fucking interested.

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 12:34 AM
^^

Goddamn, was everyone on this mountain so fiery? Olaf's blackened lips tilted with a rumbling laugh, a pouty look casting upon his black and white face not long after. "Aw, come on," he cooed, "can't give a man a break after he just got his ass rammed into by a goat?" He swept his tail to the side with a bat of his eyes, pouting to the golden treasure as he drew one silvery paw across the uneven terrain.

"Ain't usually what I like to be touching me, y'know?" he sighed dramatically, wondering if this foul-mouthed man would be anything but. He couldn't deny that he had liked it, though, thinking that maybe it was the personality of the mountain. Momentarily he thought of Orlaith and how she had been fiery, too.

^^

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 01:03 AM
“Go fuck yourself, creep.” He said, his voice flat.

His ears splayed back against his head.

He was fucking done, already turning tail to leave.

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 01:10 AM
^^

"Come on~" he chimed, wagging his tail. Undeterred, Olaf's orange gaze was steady upon the angry man as he looked ready to go. "I think I look more like an Olaf than a creep," the titan hummed in thought, mischief written on his features. "I'd guess your name but I reckon I'd get more than a fuck off, if I got it wrong," Olaf mused, raising a brow. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 01:34 AM
And without missing a beat—

“Eat shit.”

He didn't fucking care what his name was. He could've been fucking named Oaf for all he fucking cared enough to pay attention.

He had better fucking things to do, like leave his slobbering mouth the fuck behind.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top