Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

I just wanna be part of your symphony! (Angsty)

She wept, stuck in a nightmare of the past. "No!" She awoke suddenly, breathing quickly and irregularly, sounding like she was gasping. 

"Why?! Why?! Why did this happen...?" She sobbed, looking up to the skies above. "I just wanna be part of your symphony... Will you hold me tight when I let go...?

The memories haunted her, tormenting her and not letting her move on. "It's my fault... All my fault... IT'S MY FAULT THEY'RE GONE!" She cried out, tears flooding. 

Elvira was too busy being buried and strangled in grief and sadness to notice that someone was approaching her.
the staff team luvs u
【 Elvira 】
Counsellor
One way or another — Orlaith got out of the hell. An endless spiral of twist and turns and she knew not where she generally was for a while at the very least. Though she survived, obviously so ; and still strong as ever as there was a various prey that continued to scurry throughout the maze. She possibly, however, was a bit too close to a neighborhood pack, as their smell was thick within the air the more she moved nearby. It passed even within this sanctuary of a haven, but it was weaker then elsewhere.

She was sniffing it with a curiosity, a debate to remove herself once she was freed of the pass — but the fireclad woman heard screaming within the distance. Not one of fighting and blood, but a distressing call of someone else, "Heeey, you ok there buddy?" Her voice of skepticism while looking at this fox. How strange.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868c4bf.png]
A voice broke through her grief. An unfamiliar voice, filled with skepticism. Elvira scrambled up to meet the other's gaze, her own still filled with tears. 

"N-No... I- I..." She began, but then remembering why she was like this made her start to sob even more. She couldn't help but feel guilt and sorrow from the memories, as she believed that it was her fault all of them were gone. 

"A-All of them... They're all gone! Because of... Because of me!" Elvira sobbed, desperate for someone to be there for her and comfort her like before.
the staff team luvs u
【 Elvira 】
Unfortunately for them, Orlaith was not that somebody. She wasn't a touchy-feely person, especially against someone she didn't know well. They wailed and cried upon this land, and yet she couldn't smell anyone was upon them. She foxes were in clans on occasion, pesty creatures in general but none had truly talked before, nor' cried so openly where wolves heavily populated the land. She could smell the canines across the land, they touched this place and outside of it so — even when this fox cried, she seemed rather bold.

Orlaith was unaware of the whole 'appearing from nowhere' cause and affect the realm had.

"Who gone?" since they didn't smell like anyone, she nearly was thinkin' this fox as some mad woman.

the staff team luvs u
She cried out again, starting to tear the ground beneath her. Her heart felt like it was shattered into a million pieces, with no hope of putting it back together. 

"M-My family! They're all gone! Because I... I brought something back with me! It attacked us! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!" Elvira was too heartbroken at this point to even care what happened to her. Her family was dead, because of her.
the staff team luvs u
【 Elvira 】
They were kinda being freaky.

After saying 'they brought something back,' Orlaith looked around to see — nothing. She was expecting some kind of big bad wolf to be within a distance, but even when she lifted her nose to take in any scents, there was nothing besides the smell of the pack within the mountains, and the occasional range of rogues and loners. But nothing something that was intense as they so made it, which had the woman furrow her brows in a confusion, and frustration.

She wouldn't stop crying.

"Listen, you ain't making any sense," she barked this bit more loudly then her voice, to get her attention ; as she wouldn't stop sobbing for a moment, "speak clearly. Who are you, where did you come from, and also, what did you bring?"

the staff team luvs u
She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. "Elvira. Hailing from the region of Otuxa, from the Flair family.

Elvira was calming down as she remembered her life before. Being bathed in kindness and love from her family, hunting with her brothers and sister, lying in the sun for hours, even "fighting" with her siblings... Then it turned to grief again as she remembered what happened. 

"Blood. So much blood. Everyone was dying. Everyone was covered in blood." She was now gasping for air. "I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T REMEMBER!"
the staff team luvs u
【 Elvira 】
Counsellor
She had no idea what this region was called ; or if it even had a name. But had a feeling that where she was from was not here, especially with how disorientated she was and seemingly falling into a panic attack. It gave the question of — how did she get here then? And why was she alone? Orlaith shouldn't have come over, she was just thinking it was someone to poke fun at, and now felt obliged to stay within.

But that didn't really mean she was nice about it. 

"Woaaaaah, calm down," the other started screaming about something. Blood and death, could that mean that there was a battle? She acted as if some horrid monster came and ripped her family apart, but the warrior didn't believe in such ways. She assumed that a war had happened, or even a bear came over and did the deed.

Orlaith sighed, regretting a lot, "look around you, there isn't a monster, you're only with me."

the staff team luvs u
She awoke suddenly as an urge to do something hit her. She didn't know what she had to do, just that she had to get up and move. So, she gracefully got up, stretching as she went, and started padding away from the spot she was just at. 

As she walked along, the sound of crying and someone trying to soothe the crying hit her. The crying one's voice seemed familiar, though. As she walked closer, the crying one's voice was soon recognizable. 

She ran, desperate to get closer to the one crying. She cried out, having almost reached her destination. 

"Elvira! Elvira!" Elvenia cried, the other coming into view. She slowed, though, when she saw the wolf. 

"Who are you and what are you doing to my sister?" She growled as she neared her Elvira.
the staff team luvs u
【 Elvenia 】
Paladin
Content Warning
This content is not visible to non-members.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top