Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
White shirt now red, my bloody nose,

Midnight
AW
Elkshire
Ecologist
04-12-2022, 07:07 PM
A storm was within the distance, never moving within that land ; and most times would the Queen notice such, but she was far too busy, far too stressed to truly take note on what was happening around the world itself. Her children gone — and there was no sighting of them for time. Though she would ask Nightwalkers on another day if they knew where her young had went, Celnes wasn't sure if they cared enough — for it wasn't war that was looming or an enemy to challenge, and but a mother, who could not control her children.

She only wished, they said goodbye. Not willing to admit the faults that it was her own lies and coddling that brought the fleeing of some, and only the general acceptance of now the few, the very few, were gone. Her only hope though was @Warwick to stay, and admittingly, watching him a bit more closely then normally even  if he was much older then before ; Celnes fears he too, would disappear like the rest. At the very least, some had returned, such as @Teodora alongside with a few surprise.

But the surprises never ended.

The storms that finally had caught her eye days before brought an unnerving feeling, an ominous sign that she knew not how to explain and thought it was odd on itself. A looming storm, crackling within the distance and yet the clouds never seemed to come over. How mysterious, she so thought — but there was none within Elkshire that she knew that could read the weather like so, and could properly ask if they knew what was up. Only assumptions, and thoughts of questions, could be given.

Yet it changed, when the blowing winds and the dark clouds finally disappeared — but the skies itself danced. The stars shifted and twirled to what seemed like Gods into the sky itself that any who prayed, any who believed in religion, was surely doing so now. The stars that she knew once before, the galaxies that were there twisted and turned to form familiar, and unfamiliar beasts at the same time.

They roared and stomped, moved within the sky itself and she could only question — what is happening? As Celnes stared above in an awe.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
04-12-2022, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2022, 10:12 PM by mysterydead.)
The storm that had been rolling through the edges of the horizon had seemed to fade, something that Mystery was quite curious about. Her head was tilted upwards as she looked up into the sky, her basket of herbs at her feet. She enjoyed wondering around and gathering herbs, but the sky was something she was also interested it. She loved learning new things and whatever the hell that was happening up there. 

She had been walking as she looked up, not really knowing where she was going but the movements in the sky made her not want to tear her eyes away. What was happening up there? Not only were the dark clouds now gone, but the stars seemed to move and run through the sky, becoming their own forms. In all the ways she had learned about the sky and the stars, this was most certainly not something she had learned about before. 

Glancing around, her eyes fell upon another who seemed to be looking up into the sky the same way she was. "Do you happen to know what's happening?" She hoped someone knew something, or maybe would be willing to share theories. She was rather new to this land, so learning more about it would be absolutely amazing."

the staff team luvs u
PM me if I don't reply within 3 days.
Roslyn's Account
[Image: ezgif-5-4e47669b0e.gif]
Notes
Mystery has scars running from her shoulders to the middle of her back.
Her left ear is torn off and her tail bitten off half way.
Ecologist
04-14-2022, 07:15 PM
The Woodlands was part of Elkshire claim — or so was attempted. As much as it was guarded, it wasn't as heavily compared to the inner sanctions of The Elk's Crown, and while she wouldn't like to admit it.. Many wandered into the forest, a few who she met days before ; and was the same within the range. Celnes was a greedy wolf, she wanted to wherever the forest touched even without the manpower, it was determined to be her's regardless — and she was thorough, about guarding it. Yet with a heavy belly it was much harder.

At the very least, the person who did step to was not someone to truly be against. They smelled of Nightwalkers, and a calmness came from her to the previous tense in muscles when she heard their voice. They were welcomed to the forest, of course, but even they knew they had to call if wanted to step further to Elkshire itself. Politeness, she so asked ; but often would they come over. At the very least.. This one was female, compared to the array of males that the Queen kept meeting.

They were a dark female, with scars that befitted those of the Nightwalker origin ; but her voice sounded more gentle compared to their more gruff state. But if she was able to leave like so.. Wasn't a captor that Celnes remembered, they kept ; she thought of that one that was held within the Exalted Grotto for a bit before they went to their own claim.

A gaze was looking upon Mystery, before turning to the sky itself ; she did not present a hostility, and sat down after her paws were feeling sore, "It almost seems like a storm is coming," Celnes noted. It truly is what it was — it crackled within the background and they could take note of the static that came and go, but never truly wandered over.. An ominous sign for sure, but she didn't like how the clouds itself never seemed to move.

the staff team luvs u
04-20-2022, 01:07 PM
The woman had still been rather new to the group, not really knowing much of the politics between her pack and others. Not that she really cared either. She was a healer, which meant her true allegiance fell with those that were injured, regardless of pack standing. However, for now, she was off the clock per say, with no one to currently heal. Not that she wanted other to be in pain, but it was just something she grew used to in the pack, always healing minor injuries from fights. For now though, she was able to take a breath and relax. 

She could tell this new wolf, well new to her anyway, was from another pack, but the scents around her told her that this area wasn't an official claim. Nonetheless, she would leave if she was asked to. This wolf didn't seem to care currently though, which made Mystery calm as she sat near the other, making sure not to get into her personal space. The woman's words made her nod, "I sure hope it isn't a bad storm, cleanup will be terrible." She spoke softly for a moment before looking over, nodding once. "I'm Mystery, healer of the Nightwalkers." She figured it was only curtesy to introduce herself, always giving her occupation as well just in case others needed her help.

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Ecologist
04-21-2022, 10:48 PM
"Mm, especially with our forests," Celnes nodded with an agreement. If a storm came that large — it wasn't a blessing, despite what the rain could give to the land. It could easily flood them all, tear down trees and destroy denning areas and homes of others. Though the woodlands brought perfect protection otherwise, when it came really dangerous by the weather, it also had it's drawbacks. It surely would be messy, if that were true. Her orange eyes gazed at it once more, hoping though, it was just an exaggeration of a storm, then a real horror coming through.

She looked to Mystery, "If you are of Nightwalkers, then surely you know of Elkshire," it didn't surprise her, after all. The smell was so distinct, and yet.. She seemed more docile then the doers of that forest. How many has she met that held a gruff-tone to them? Men who were like Vengeance, and she couldn't say she actually met any of their woman. Were they captors, or more devious then those within their forests? As far as she knew, most who followed the boogeyman, were also like the boogeyman.

"I am Celnes Deorwine, Queen of Elkshire," she said though, while pride in the way she stood, her smile was gentle.

the staff team luvs u
05-11-2022, 02:31 AM
The woman would smile slightly and nod, having heard of the pack but not really knowing much else. "I know of it yes, but sadly I don't know details." Hearing who she was talking to, the woman would bow her head slightly to the queen, a soft smile on her face. "It's very nice to meet you. If it isn't too much to ask, I would love to learn more of your group. I have heard about it, but not too much. I am quite intrigued by it." She hoped that the woman didn't think she had ill reasons for learning more because she didn't, her question was fueled by nothing by her own curiosity,

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Elkshire
05-23-2022, 08:05 PM
should we archive it? since LOL she died

"Perhaps another time," she wasn't amused that the other though knew of the lands, approached the woodlands without announcing herself. She didn't let it show on her smile, but was taking a keen eye to remember the woman of scars and of Nightwalkers. She would be more pleased to meet the other on more neutral land, and not one that they were attempting to claim so. 

"I have to tend to some matters at hand," but she stood still. She wasn't willing to make it seem she was letting the other simply free-roam the woodlands! And was patiently, waiting for the other to turn away instead.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top