Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
o'malley the alley cat

AW
Adventurer
Hunter
WillowClan
04-09-2022, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2022, 05:49 PM by Charlie. Edited 1 time in total.)
Green eyes opened, squinting as the man looked around. This wasn't where he fell asleep. Closing his eyes again, he waited a few moments before opening them. He tried it again... and again it was the same. With a sigh, he would roll from his side where he was sleeping and stand up. Well this was interesting to say the least. He really didn't have much to say about it other than....

"Where the fuck am I?" He asked himself, shaking out his fur before stretching. He could really use something to eat though. Yeah, that was a good plan. Eat now and figure shit out later. It seemed he was in a plains which meant voles and mouse could likely be found here. And, sure enough, he spotted one not too far away from him near the river. 

It seemed to be drinking and he hardly gave it a chance before lunging at it. He killed and ate it quickly, finally sitting down and taking the chance to look around and figure out where the hell he was.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: giphy.gif]
Hunter
04-10-2022, 02:12 AM
 It was as good a time as any to wander and figure out what it was to the southeast of their territory. He'd seen the Watering Hole, knowing that it was a great spot for fish... you know, if he ever wanted fish other than what was at the lake of the Keep. Whatever, it was good to know your options.

So, he walked along the high-grass laden trails and wandered down south. He almost wanted to stop and turn back when he saw a river but realized that there were stones to cross. He made the crossing quite easily and ended up on the other side where a towering behemoth of stone lay. He could hear the fall of water and could smell the faintness of wolves. Where everywhere else held the stink quite close and thick, this place --the entire grassland region-- seemed entirely devoid of that heavy musk. As if it didn't have as many wolves... It was truly a StarClan-blessed place.

Even moreso now that cats were popping up out of the woodwork! He could smell another now, a tomcat, who he followed the scent of. It lead him a bit away from the hollowed out stone place with the waterfall, and further towards the river. He opened his mouth to better scent as he followed the trail's lead. There was also blood on the wind but he could easily tell that it was a rodent. Easy prey for a cat.

He didn't conceal his approach, not wanting to startle the other feline nor was he afraid of being attacked. He was far too confident but it was a core part of his being. Usually, he was one of the largest cats in the room so he didn't fear battling with another if push came to shove.

His tail was raised up in the air in a friendly manner as he walked over to the tabby tomcat. He jerked his head upwards once in a greeting as he drawled out a, "'Sup." He would sit a conversational distance away as he asked, "You knew around here or some shit?" He didn't smell like a lot of the other residents. His scent seemed... new, different.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

04-10-2022, 04:04 AM
He had started work on eating his meal, taking his time and closing his eyes as he did so. Maybe when he woke up he would be back home. Just maybe... aaaand he was not. A disappointed huff escaped his lips as he continued eating, finishing the vole within a few minutes. At least he had a stream to wash the food down with. 

Turning to the water, he began lapping at the cool liquid, using it to clean his fur by dipping his toes in the water and bringing his foot up to wipe at his mouth. Most cats he knew were as scared of water as a baby of their own shadow, but he wasn't. At least not really. He didn't particularly walking around with wet fur, but he didn't mind a few parts of his body being wet. 

He was just finishing up licking the blood off of his paws when he caught the scent of another approaching him. A soft sigh escaped him as he sniffed again, realizing that it was another cat... a tom cat it seemed like him. Turning around, green eyes would scan the area before landing on the mud colored feline. At first, he wondered if this tom that held himself proud like some sort of king would attack him, but he seemed rather respectful. 

Hearing his words, the man would nod in greeting, shrugging slightly in confirmation. "I basically just woke up here and no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't go back. The name's Charlie, and who are you?"

the staff team luvs u
04-11-2022, 03:20 AM
 The brown tomcat nodded his head to what was said. "Yeah, that seems to be the fuckin' state of most creatures that end up here." Sometimes they got here through peaceful means, sometimes they didn't. He was in the latter category. "And, sorry to tell ya, but you're probably fuckin' stuck here for good... Unless you die or some shit." And he laughed, assuming that the man, Charlie, wouldn't want to try that. He didn't know how the laws of this world worked but he felt sure that if you died you were probably just dead.

"My name's Moosebellow and I come from a clan of cats, from thataway." He pointed with his long fluffy tail towards the Keep. It wasn't visible from how far away they were but if one wandered in the direction he pointed then they'd get there before too long. "WillowClan." And it was all but said that they were looking at garnering more cats. Because with all the wolves around, it was nice to have their own place to congregate.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

04-12-2022, 12:00 AM
He would huff slightly, seeing that he most defiantly wasn't going back home. "Well shit, I'm pretty sure I had half of a rabbit waiting for me. This fucking sucks. If the universe was going to drag me here, the least they could do was bring my food with me." He shrugged nonetheless. There was no point crying over spilled milk, or in his case, forgotten rabbit.  

Hearing the man's words, he would glance off in the direction he pointed, though he was sure he wouldn't see anything. Still, he would nod a moment before speaking. "Hmm, well is this clan of yours looking for more members, it smells suspiciously like canine here and I would like to not become a chew toy." He figured being in a group was better than wondering around lost on his own. Maybe he could find a small hole to climb into.

the staff team luvs u
04-12-2022, 02:55 AM
 "Really though! This land is as rude as StarClan-damned fox!" He commiserated with the other tomcat enthusiastically. "But you know what? We'll get you another fuckin' rabbit, the one's around here are as fat as shit. Probably ain't used to all these cats." Whelp, they'd show them not too get too plump and lazy.

The tomcat didn't seem opposed to joining up with the others and at that, he grinned. "Fuck yeah, we are." They always needed more cats around. "You're gonna have to get used to that stench. This whole Grassland Place is the least populated with wolves in this whole land and it still stinks to Silverpelt and back." Wolves were everywhere. "There ain't no break from fuckin' wolves but we do have a spot that seems sparser. If you're ready to come with?" Smooth, nice segway, were his self-assured thoughts. "Although I will fuckin' say, not all the wolves are bad. The lot of'em can fuckin' talk, if you believe it." He was thinking of Moir, his friend. Who he would need to visit at some point. Tell him all of the good news that he had. If the other said yes, he was prepared to lead him back and get him settled in. Then, he'd tell Quinn about him so that she had a heads up.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

04-12-2022, 03:11 AM
That sounded good, a nice fat fucking rabbit might just be what he needed to get over his poor forgotten dinner. With a nod, a small smile cross his face, listening to the man in front of him. He had a feeling he was going to have a good relationship with him. Not only did he not seem too crazy, but he was also similar in personality to Charlie himself. The day was actually turning for the better. He just hoped it stayed that way. 

"Well as much as I'm not particularly looking forward to dealing with wolves, I'd love to join if you'll accept me." He scrunched his nose up slightly at the thought of a nice wolf, but this was a strange place so maybe the wolves here would be more than just snarling and drooling children. "I'll take your word for it for now at least. I haven't met a wolf that's smart but then again, this is a rather strange area so I guess anything can happen."

Standing up from where he had sat down to talk, the man would stretch his body out, letting out a content sigh as he did so. After a few moments, he would stand up straight, glancing over at the man. "Please lead the way to this safe cat haven of yours."

the staff team luvs u
04-13-2022, 12:06 AM
 "Consider yourself fuckin' in then!" He said and with that, he'd turn to lead the way back. "You're in for the shock of your fuckin' life when you meet the weird wolves that gallavant around here!" His tail would probably fucking fall off from the shock! Hah! That'd be something to see.

And so, the brown cat lead the way back to Charlie's new home. "There's some rules and shit that we have but it ain't too difficult to get down," And here, he would explain how the clan worked while he lead the way back.

I figure we could fade here and do a new thread inside Cymru if you want? I'll also add you to the member group

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

scroll to top