Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Forever Young

AW
04-08-2022, 05:14 PM
Moving through the area she had grown custom to in the last few weeks, she walked next to @Snowdrift, cuddling into her as they walked. She had grown really close to the woman and found herself wanting to ask her something but wasn't sure if this would be the right time. So, she would stay quiet for now. 

Her blue eyes glanced around, taking in the scenery and watching the rolling mountains and hills through the area. She loved the cold and loved the snow, always wanting that over the heat or the plains. Here, she could find warmth in the cold. She wasn't entirely sure where she was going, but she loved the travel either way as long as Snow was next to her.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-08-2022, 05:37 PM
Snowdrift and Delgata had been traveling for some time now. Snowdrift had grown accustomed to the other's presence, and even relished it. They had traveled from the tundra to what she thought was a mountain region, as there were many mountains. 

Her face was warm and her heart was in a flurry all of the time, which she noticed was only in the presence of Delgata, who constantly was cuddling next to her as they traveled. Speaking of Delgata...

"Enjoying the view?" She asked, looking around their surroundings herself.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
Adventurer
04-10-2022, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 03:24 PM by Reiko. Edited 1 time in total.)
Once more she found herself at @Ira’s domain. Imposing on the pack they would soon if not already call them their allies. It was something that perhaps Ira, her husband and @Quicksilver would deny as any trouble — and yet she thought wholly different than that. In between checkups for the now scabbed over wounds upon her face, between time spent with Quicksilver that was needed more than anything and checking in on her daughter, when left to her own devices, Reiko couldn’t help but stress over the details of what had occurred over the past year.

What had all happened to ultimately come to this conclusion. How now Vanderfell might be a target for @Kuhn and @Valmúa for assisting Shiroshika. Though Reiko still believed them to be innocent, seeing that Kuhn was the one to start it all and spit over all attempts made to come to an agreement between them… she still had reservations over it all. What could have happened to avoid such an outcome? Perhaps it was her exhaustion through it all, but the Empress couldn’t come to any sort of solution that could have changed the outcome that had occurred a few days ago.

Wanting some time away from the masses, and perhaps to bring back a few meals to help Vanderfell and Shiroshika feed themselves, Reiko wandered away from Ira’s peaks and down to the side of the mountain. What she found here was the scene where Quicksilver and she had spoken on less than good terms. How her heart ached that day. A crushing reminder of all that had happened. She stood and stared at the very spot they spoke, replaying the scene in her head before moving on around the pass. She couldn’t make heads or tails how the reminder made her feel other than a need to move on.

Rounding the pass cerulean eyes laid onto two pale figures and paused in her step, barely catching their woods to one another. Silently she offered an apology, ears flattening apologetically onto her crown and avoiding their eyes with the desire to leave them to their own devices. They were not intruding on Vanderfell’s borders and so she had no real reason to place herself into their business.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
04-11-2022, 06:59 AM
She was happy with Snowdrift, finding herself wanting to be around the woman more than anything else. Small butterflies filled her stomach as she nuzzled against the woman, a soft, happy sigh escaping her lips. She nodded slightly with a smile before speaking. "Yes, I love it in the snow and mountains. What about you, hun?" She already found herself treating the other woman like a significant other rather than just a friend. All that was left would be to ask her out formally. But, that could wait. 

Her eyes caught the movement of another, one that seemed very shy in the way she nodded and ducked away. "Excuse me miss? I'm sorry to bother you but I did have a question." She would sniff the air, catching the scent of a pack on the woman. Maybe this could be what they were looking for. They had been hoping to join a pack together, so she hoped this one would accept the two of them. They were a package deal after all. 

"If it isn't too much of a problem, we were wondering if you knew of a pack that would be accepting new members." She would sit herself down, curling her tail around her paws. She wanted to show the woman that she meant no harm and didn't want to cause any fear to her. She knew that loners wondering around could be bad, but she was never one to want any ill towards someone else.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-11-2022, 11:17 AM
"Yes, I love it too deliciae." As long as you're with me, everything is beautiful... Snowdrift thought this as a massive flurry battered her chest. 

Then, she too caught the scent of the other wolf, one that carried a sense of nobility and the smell of a pack. Snowdrift sat beside Delgata, doing the same as her to show that they did not mean any harm. 

"Yes, we have been traveling together, looking for a pack to take us both in. If you knew of one, that would be wonderful."
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
Adventurer
04-11-2022, 05:08 PM
Although she didn’t desire to intrude on their little excursion - it seemed they would seek her out instead. For what? She thought. Completely forgetting that she would have the scent of a pack upon her coat and there was always the possibility of those seeking refuge.

A pause in her steps as one spoke up for her attention. Delicately she turned to face the pale women - a familiar sight given her heritage. They were both equally beautiful but in these new lands Reiko had found envy in colourful coats that were considered rare in her birth pack if not impossible in general.

If she knew of a pack that was accepting members the question took a moment for her to register. “Ah — yes.” Apologetically she smiled, feeling unbelievably awkward. “I know of two that would happily take you. Vanderfell is not too far from here, and my own, Shiroshika.”

It was strange talking about Shiroshika to prospects. They had no home for the time being, none that she felt safe for the pack to return to anytime soon. “Are you looking for anything in particular?”

the staff team luvs u
04-11-2022, 06:34 PM
She cocked her head to the side slightly as she watched the beautiful woman, noting that she as well looked like the rest of them. Perhaps that was just common here, she knew it wasn't really back home, but couldn't really remember most of the details of home anymore. Nonetheless, she would offer her a smile, listening at the words she had to say.

After a few moments, she would speak up, glancing over at Snow. "I believe we are honestly fine with either. We just want to find a pack that not only will accept us, but one that isn't bloodthirsty." She glanced back over at the pack woman. "If you don't mind me asking, could you tell us a little about yours?"

She would wait once again and listen very closely, seemingly very interested in the woman's pack. In all honesty, she trusted the pack that she personally came from as her demeanor wasn't one that Delgata would associate with killing and treachery.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-11-2022, 09:58 PM
"Yes, we are fine with either option." Snowdrift caught the glance from Delgata, and smiled at her. 

Gosh, she's so beautiful! She thought this as a blush started creeping onto her cheeks, embarrassed she even thought that. 

"And as was said before, we just want an accepting and non-bloodthirsty pack." She agreed with Delgata, seemingly just because Delgata was right, but Snowdrift knew it was something... else. Something she was not ready to talk about yet. 

Then she too listened closely, for she also wanted to hear about this other female's pack.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
Adventurer
04-11-2022, 10:27 PM
The two seemed like they could fit in either pack as well. She didn’t want to take away from Ira as she too would need the numbers - and so she would let the women decide on their own. Nodding at their request, she would sit and relax somewhat. Wrapping the plush tail of hers around her toes politely before answering their inquiry. 

“I am Empress Reiko of Shiroshika.” A quick introduction to tell that she was the right individual to speak of and ask any questions they had on their mind. “We strive for peace. To give a second chance to individuals seeking to put their past behind them and better themselves as individuals. We do not require your lasting loyalty, but to bring us no harm for our kindness.” A pause - after all that had occurred, it almost felt like a lie to explain Shiroshika in such a way.

“I will be honest… we have encountered troubling times as of late. Some see our desire for peace as weakness and have recently tested us. Despite what you might hear, I still strive for peace and the safety of Shiroshika as a whole. It is not a pleasant story, but I hold no secrets either to future members.” A breath to ease her nerves on the matter. 

“As for Vanderfell, I will let Ira speak her piece. I cannot speak on her behalf.”

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
04-12-2022, 04:26 AM
The woman cocked her head to the side in curiosity, taking in all of the information she was given like a kid in a candy shop. She loved hearing about different packs cultures and histories and mentally writing them down for later. Regardless of what pack they did choose though, she was sure that she would talk to as many of the current members as possible to learn more knowledge. 

After a few moments, she would nod before speaking up. "I do very much like the sound of your pack and I think it would be a wonderful fit for us. I'd understand it if you would like for us to check out the other pack, but upon first impressions, I do very much like yours." She would smile softly and nod her head in respect to the leader, her tail wagging behind her slowly. She really hoped that they would be allowed in this pack. 

Even though she had stated that a something had happened recently, Delgata didn't mind. If anything, she wanted to join more as she wanted to help strengthen the pack that cared about peace as much as she did and likely even more.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-12-2022, 04:01 PM
She was curious as to what had happened to Reiko's pack but didn't want to intrude as she wasn't a member of the pack. So she set that thought aside and then nodded her head to Delgata's words. 

"Yes, it sounds very much wonderful. I also think we would fit in, and I also would love to join. Your pack does truly sound wonderful." Snowdrift agreed with Delgata, something that's been happening a lot. Seemingly because Delgata was right about some things, but again, she knew different.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
Adventurer
04-12-2022, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2022, 12:29 AM by Reiko. Edited 1 time in total.)
The two women didn’t have many questions in regard to what they had heard, at least none that were said out loud and probably would be revisited at a later date. Perhaps later would be better, many of them needed rest and surely they would pick up on some of the details by speaking to members as they came across them regardless if they joined Shiroshika or Vanderfell.

“We would love to have you both.” With a sway of her tail, the little glimmer of glee spread an almost forgotten feeling of warmth throughout her body. “Vanderfell and Shiroshika are recovering in Vanderfell’s lands just within the mountains. If you would like to follow me, I will happily introduce you both.”

Though this meant her walk would be cut short, thus was the life of a leader, and would not complain. These women were in need of a home and both packs needed new blood after a loss. Turning back around to face the mountains, she’d cast a welcoming glance over her shoulder to invite the women to follow. “May I have your names please?”

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 12:24 AM
A soft smile graced her lips as she heard the woman's words, so happy to find a pack that would accept the both of them. With a nod, the woman would begin to follow, happy to not only find a peaceful pack, but also a seemingly nice and competent leader to go along with it. However, she shook her head slightly in embarrassment as the woman asked for her name. "Oh, my apologies, I entirely forgot we didn't introduce ourselves. My name is Delgata Satoh." She would then turn her head towards Snowdrift, letting her introduce herself as well. Though Delgata seemed to make most of the decision, she wasn't one to talk for another in something simple like this. She always thought that everyone should have their own voice and therefore, she would give her companion their time to speak as well.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-15-2022, 01:01 AM
A blush started forming on Snowdrift's cheeks from the soft smile Delgata had, and she found herself staring. Then, she was shaken out of it by Delgata's words. 

"Oh! That's right! My name is Snowdrift Demetria. Pleased to be of acquaintance!" She said this as she followed the two, smiling brightly. 

What a wonderful day it was, having found a pack to call home at last. She moved a bit faster, moving to be beside Delgata. The two were close enough to where their fur touched, which caused a flurry to start in her chest. She slightly blushed, staring at Delgata out of the corner of her eye.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
scroll to top