Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I got anger in my chest,

AW
Discovery
Adventurer
04-08-2022, 05:08 PM
Now with a less ferocity in her step, she felt a bit more.. Well-footed after a moment of lashing her angry upon the other, with a good reason though obviously so. She wouldn't just randomly attack strangers within this region, unless they came after her first. Orlaith didn't know who was acquainted with who, and even she knew, messing with the wrong wolf could mean a pack upon her back. She would prefer not to have a bounty upon her head, especially when she is more interested in aiding one especially.

She sat within a forest, with the peaceful sound of fauna chriping away within the wind and trees. The jays tending to their nests, and the squirrels climbing the ripper trees as the name ; Ripperwood came to mind. Yet when she took an idle glance at one, notice dearly it seemed as if it was bleeding. It gave her a double-tack for a moment, in thinking that somehow the squirrel as injured by it went up the branches without any droplets to fall.

A sweet-smell hung within the air and brought a love of what she missed ; honey. But it wasn't the same substance, she thought, more like sap if anyone.. She approached with an awful amount of curiosity and just kinda.. Stuck her tongue on it.

the staff team luvs u
04-19-2022, 09:05 PM
the forest felt lonely, with moosebellow gone. true to his name, the little cat's voice did seem to bellow, reaching every inch of the forest. but it wasn't as if he was gone, gone. no, he found somewhere he could be truly happy. and for that, they were happy.

they weren't alone for long, though.

there was another wolf, nosing a drop of sap before tasting it. they were large and proud, clad in fire and soot. they were much stronger than moir, but the melonii didn't feel scared of the other wolf. instead, they approached — still at a distance — and greeted the other. “tastes sweet, doesn't it?”

the staff team luvs u

and i'm just mad about my afternoon teas,

they're quite informal i just do them to please.
Adventurer
04-22-2022, 04:39 AM
"Damn straight it does," and she held no shame with her tongue gliding along the tree. Was there splinters in her tongue? Maybe, but did it matter? No. If she couldn't get honey she straight up gonna start licking the trees. Orlaith didn't remember any other being like so ; and though she wouldn't admit to outsiders of her tasting trees — the readers can know of it.

She was pretty happy with her tail wagging, and finally tore away from that treasure to be greeted by a wolf. Black as the sky itself, and even their eyes would be said to match midnight, for they were a dazzling purple. Orlaith thought if they were a woman, there might be too many men after them — but as a man they were at least equally attractive.

Well, not Orlaith's type anyway. Might be tall, but he was too skinny.

Despite the judgement within her mind she faced him with a grin, "You live in these forests?"

the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 08:24 PM
moir hummed appreciatively. though they didn't have the appetite for it now, they had enjoyed the taste of the red sap frequently. it had become a frequent pleasure that they had taken while they resided in the ripperwood. depending on the age of the sap, it would be anything from chewy or honey-like. “i do,” they nodded.“new to this place, then?” they didn't recognize them, nor did they smell any strong scent of pack on them.

the staff team luvs u

and i'm just mad about my afternoon teas,

they're quite informal i just do them to please.
Adventurer
Discovery
05-02-2022, 08:44 PM
As she had her fill, at the point she started to taste more tree then the actual sap itself. She stepped back and lipped her chops, satisfactory to the desert given and a mental note to return such a place. She imagined it'd be relatively easy, though the forest seemed ordinary it smelled awfully sweet ; and who could forget a tree that looked to be bleeding? How funny, Orlaith thought, if they tasted like blood then a sweetness of honey. .. She wondered if there was a way to extract it.

The woman nodded with a grin, "Yeah, just takin' a look around."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top