Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Standin' in the light of your Halo

04-28-2022, 02:58 PM
Sorry for taking so longg TwT

Lani smiled at Valeska's joke and laugh, and how it chimed and bounced off the lake. "We will remember that, thank you.

Then Valeska asked them to tell her about their old home and family. Lani looked at her brother, knowing that he too was struggling with this all. They began to walk, and Lani started to speak about their family. 

"We do not know much of our life before this world, but we remember our family quite well. We had a loving family, and all of us siblings were treated as equally as could be. There were no favorites in our family. Even among the siblings. We would play together, spar together in teams of two that switched out every time someone won, and sleep together - we were all heaped into a big pile at the end of the night. As Halo has probably said to you, he was a good healer and often a therapist. I, on the other hand, was one of the best hunters, swift and all. It seemed like our whole family was therapists too. We all had assorted skills, varying. But we stayed together no matter what, always there for the rest of the family. But alas, it all ended when we came here, as we do not know if the rest of our family is in this world or not. It saddens me to think about our family and how they feel because we're not there..."
the staff team luvs u
❈ Lani ❈
Counsellor
04-28-2022, 03:59 PM
The lake was broad, and their progress was slow, but they were in no hurry. Valeska appreciated the small breeze that stirred around them, inwardly dreading the onset of summer as it approached. She was a cold-weather wolf, and her fur never quite shed its winter thickness no matter how unpleasantly warm it got.

Lani seemed to be the more talkative of the two, giving her a brief overview of their past life together. It was true, they almost seemed joined at the hip; Valeska and Harper were a slightly lesser example of attached siblings, but at least she understood the need for comfort and familiarity in that way. She felt sorry for them - for their loss, for their confusion. It was difficult reconciling being thrust into an entirely new world with few known faces, if any; some were not so lucky.

“At least you have arrived together, and not apart,” she offered gently. “My sister came here when I did, though in separate regions; it took some time to find each other. It seems that our entire pack perished at once in the earthquake, but we were lucky to all end up in the same... realm.”

The grass tickled her paws as a bumblebee ambled past her vision, flicking an ear at the annoying sound of its buzzing wings. She wasn't fond of many things warm weather brought.

“And - I am sorry about Harper. I will speak with her and see if perhaps she may be made to listen, and even perhaps be a friend, but she can be a little stubborn once an idea is in her head.”

Valeska still didn't understand where the unwavering distrust came from, considering she hadn't behaved that way with any of their other new recruits, but she was confident it could be addressed and overcome in time. It was just unfortunate that it all had been unleashed upon the two newest members who had done nothing wrong except arrive, even offering skills to contribute. She sighed.

“I am sure your family misses you, but it is enough that you are safe - perhaps in their hearts, they can feel it,” she said comfortingly. “Would you like to see the dens?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: m7jPOzS.png]
scroll to top