Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
we still hungry, i could eat a horse

AW
Content Warning
04-03-2022, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 02:25 AM by Daighre. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Mild Gore
  • Graphic description of a rabbit being eaten
The rabbit was still warm, its body grasped inside his mouth, held between his teeth.

Blood only having just stopped flowing.

Its spine was limp. The lower vertebrae broken, and now loose inside its flesh. Held together still only by muscle, by tendon.

He dropped to his stomach.

Its body held beneath his forepaws as he licked, sniffed.

His teeth searching.

Finding.

He twisted. His jaws parted as he began to crush its face with his molars. Bones crushing, crunching, giving way, from underneath.

His breath panting.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-03-2022, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 03:52 AM by mysterydead. Edited 1 time in total.)
The woman moved through the area, still getting used to the lands outside and near her new pack. She did enjoy the forested area a lot. However, for now, she was out hunting a little, both for food and some herbs. With nose to the ground, she began searching around, the the scent of blood hit her nose first. 

Ears forward, she moved swiftly towards the scent, coming onto a wolf eating a rabbit. For a moment, she watched him, trying to gauge how much danger he may end up being to her. Regardless, she wasn't really worried. After a few moments, she would speak up, sitting down not too far away from him.

"Hello there." She said simply, waiting patiently for him to finish his meal and realize that she was there. She was in no rush though, so it didn't really matter to her how long he too.

the staff team luvs u
PM me if I don't reply within 3 days.
Roslyn's Account
[Image: ezgif-5-4e47669b0e.gif]
Notes
Mystery has scars running from her shoulders to the middle of her back.
Her left ear is torn off and her tail bitten off half way.
04-03-2022, 02:53 AM
Its head was gone by the time she appeared from the woods and came to settle across from him. The bones crushed and chewed. Settling, already, in his stomach, fur and all.

He grunted.

Shuffling where he laid. Moving a quarter turn away from her as he started on the rabbit’s shoulder, paying the bitch no mind as he continued to eat.

His hackles bristling.

His eyes watching.

the staff team luvs u
04-03-2022, 03:12 AM
Seeing the way he reacted to her caused her to roll her eyes at him, shaking her head slightly. "Calm yourself, I'm not going to steal it from you. No need to act like a rabid dog." She would lower herself to the ground in a laying position, attempting to show him that she wasn't there to steal his food. 

"I simply was passing by and came across you. If you're that hungry, I can help you hunt." She watched him for a moment, checking him to see if anything was wrong with him. She wanted to make sure that he wasn't injured at all. Perhaps that was why he was acting this way or maybe he was simply just hungry.

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
04-03-2022, 03:39 AM
He bared his teeth.

A growl rumbling, low, in his throat as he watched her continue to make herself at home near him for no fucking reason.

His hackles bristling.

His ears held back.

Meal temporarily forgotten where it laid, partially eaten, between his forelegs.

“I know how to fucking hunt.” He snapped. Pushing himself upright, so he was sitting, stooped.

He had caught the fucking rabbit, hadn’t he? He wasn’t some fucking damn invalid.

She was the fucking problem here, not him.

the staff team luvs u
04-03-2022, 03:50 AM
She watched him closely, eyes narrowing at him. She had tried her best to be nice and he was souring her mood. Standing up as he sat up, she would snarl back at him, matching his aggression. Just because she was initially trying to be nice, didn't mean she didn't reach her limits. "Snarl at me like that again when I offer my help and I will make you need a healer." She huffed out of her nose, rolling her eyes at him once again before beginning to turn away. 

"Fine, keep your singular rabbit, lone wolves don't last as long as packed wolves anyway." She was clearly done being nice, as he didn't seem to deserve it. With one last snarl over her shoulder in warning, she would turn to leave, body still tense. She didn't trust him not to try something with her back towards him.

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Content Warning
04-03-2022, 04:36 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Strong language
She snarled at him, and he returned the favour in full.

Lunging, from where he sat, and half-crouched, protective and defensive. The rabbit’s remains at his stomach. His lips taut and pulled. Discoloured gums on show. His tongue forward, in his mouth, pressed against the backs of his teeth.

Seriously, what was her fucking problem?

She was the one that came and fucking bothered him.

All he had been fucking doing was minding his own fucking business and eating when she came out of the fucking woodwork and sat next to him.

He didn’t fucking invite her.

He didn’t fucking ask her to come harass the ever-loving shit out of him.

He didn’t fucking beg and plead for her to ‘please, please teach him how to hunt, he didn’t know how,’ the rabbit at his feet be fucking damned.

No, the stupid fucking bitch decided that all on her fucking own.

It was her expectations she came up with—from thin fucking air—and it was her own shitty fucking expectations that were failed.

Not his.

He didn’t have a fucking part in whatever stupid fucking thoughts she had come up with about friendship, about kindness, about shitty fucking unasked for, unneeded ‘help.’

And, yet, somehow he was the one to fucking blame.

He was the one being fucking threatened.

And what kind of shitty, delusional, fucked up logic was that?

He didn’t owe her a single fucking thing.

Nobody owed her a single fucking thing.

And she didn’t deserve a single fucking thing, not now, and not fucking ever.

He smacked.

Licked his lips.

Tension and discomfort and anger.

Coming to settle, eventually, back on his stomach as he watched her retreat. His ears pinned back.

“Whatever, bitch.” He muttered. Dark, and low.

Not yet returning to his kill.

He didn't trust her to not pull some truly fucked up, cowardly shit as one last shitty fucking hurrah in her delusional crusade.

the staff team luvs u
04-03-2022, 04:48 AM
She didn't know what the fuck crawled up his ass and died but it certainly smelled like shit. She saw him lunge and turned to flash her fangs at him. Though after seeing that he wasn't attacking her, she stood herself straight again, shaking out the tension from her body with a scoff. 

There was absolutely something wrong with this man, clearly something had gotten to him. Rabies probably. Either that or some infection from his meals. Either way, she didn't want to catch his weird ass disease. 

Licking her lips, she turned away from him, flipping her tail back and forth in irritation. Slowly she would leave from his sight, wanting nothing to do with the rabid bastard. As she left, she found herself chuckling silently wondering what would come of him if Vengeance found him. It would defiantly be a site to watch the rabid dog be put into his place, something she had no reason to do.

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
scroll to top