Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Silence is a source of great strength

Late Evening Overcast
P
Adventurer
04-02-2022, 04:57 AM
Her eyes opened slowly, her body weak and soaked to the bone. Tired eyes blinked several times as she looked around. Where was she? It seemed like she had washed up on the side of a river? With a groan, she stood up, her whole body feeling like she had almost died. Did she? She really didn't know anything that was happening.

Dragging her body out of the river, she would shake her body off, sighing slightly from the effort. But at least she was a little bit dryer. It didn't help however, that the sun was no longer out. The wind whipped around her body, making her shiver slightly from the cold. Pushing herself forward, she looked around, wondering where she was and if there was anyone out there that could help her out.

the staff team luvs u

Note
Aerys has a large scar on her right cheek
04-03-2022, 08:13 AM
After a rather intriguing interaction earlier in the evening the monochrome demoness found herself in need of a drink. She had begun wandering through the grasslands soon after her earlier run in with the warm colored male she’d met, until she heard the melody of running water. She carried herself in a regal stance, as she grew closer to the river. She arrived in time to watch another wolf climb ashore.

The wolf was of a much smaller stature than herself and appeared weak, either from being in the river or life. Without a single hesitation reign walked past the smaller wolf and began to lap at the water. She cared not that her back was to the stranger, she drank freely until her thirst had been quenched before she finally turned her attention to the other wolf.

She eyed their frame up and down taking note now that she was closer that the other wolf was female and colored in similar monochromatic colors. The biggest difference besides their sizes was that the stranger held gray in her fur where as reign was simply black and white.

Reign took a step closer to the smaller, damp woman. Amethyst eyes cool and calculating as she drew close enough to tower almost a full foot above the woman.

“Do you always swim this late at night, little cloud?” She purred out.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Warning: Reign is prone to random Fits of Rage and Violence. 
*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
04-03-2022, 08:25 AM
She was rather shocked that another creature made their way towards her. Cocking her head to the side the shy, quiet woman watched the monochrome woman as she went to lap up some water. The whole time the woman drank, Aerys glanced around, wondering if she should say something or not. After what seemed like forever, but was probably only moments, she shook her head, mostly to herself. 

Turning to leave, the woman paused as she heard the voice call out to her. Stopping momentarily, she turned around the face the stranger, shocked to see that she was indeed addressing the quiet girl. Looking around as if she didn't believe it was her the woman was addressing, she finally shook her head faintly. 

"Oh uh... no, I just.... I know it may sound strange but I kind of just washed up here... I'm not entirely sure where I am..." She would offer the woman a small smile, though a shy one at that. She didn't necessarily ask for help with information, but she did stick around in case some was offered.

the staff team luvs u

Note
04-03-2022, 09:04 AM
"Oh uh... no, I just.... I know it may sound strange but I kind of just washed up here... I'm not entirely sure where I am..."

Reign believed her, as she too had just awoken here a few hours before. It seemed she wasn’t the only wolf randomly showing up here. She sat before the girl.

“Luckily I believe you, as I too have just awoken here myself” she said matter of factly.

Purple eyes stared into green eyes. She could easily tell the woman was still damp. She shook her head.

“I am Reign Saxe, and who might you be little cloud?” She cocked her head to the side.

Would this woman be useful to her or a burden? Reign had yet to Decide that. However there was one thing she knew for certain, the original Saxe Empire wasn’t built from Saxe labor alone. No, plenty of lesser wolves had lost their freedom to build it for her grandfather.

And if she were to make her family proud, having a pawn of her own would certainly be a way to start…

And this girl.. reign ran her eyes over the woman’s frame again. Well she looked like the perfect pawn to start with…

A like that, a snake like smirk slithered onto her face. This little cloud belonged to her, she just didn’t know that yet. But she would soon, because she was about to face three choices…
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
04-03-2022, 09:11 AM
A small sigh of relief escaped her as it seemed she wasn't the only one that had that happen to her. Of course she would never want that to happen to anyone else, but it made her feel better that she wasn't alone. Feeling a bit more comfortable, the woman would move to lay down, seeming to relax in the nearby grass, unknown to the problems that may soon face her. 

Hearing the woman's name, she would offer a warm smile, nodding her head in greeting. "It's nice to meet you Reign, that's a very beautiful name. Oh, I'm Aerys. Aerys Hae-Oma" She didn't notice the smirk that crossed the other woman's face as she was too busy grooming herself. She was still wet from the river and wanted to try and get as much water out of her coat as possible.

After all, for now at least, she felt safe....

the staff team luvs u

Note
04-03-2022, 09:42 AM
A wolf in sheep’s clothing. That was the best way to describe Reign in her current situation. She had watched the woman’s chest rise and fall with relief. Watched her fall into a false sense of security in her presence. It was almost too easy for reign to feel like the cat who was about to eat the canary.

"It's nice to meet you Reign, that's a very beautiful name. Oh, I'm Aerys. Aerys Hae-Oma"

“You know, I’ve never heard any call my name beautiful before. My mother named me after herself partly and for what she wanted my destiny to be…”she offered calmly, hoping to add to the woman’s false safety.

She watched as Aerys groomed herself, suddenly she found herself pondering how it would feel to taste the woman’s warm blood on her tongue.

Reign licked her lips at the thought. She could practically taste the warm metallic liquid in her mouth. Her purple eyes clouded with evil desire.

“So little cloud, Aerys, I hate to alarm you. Because you seem so…at ease. But you may be the most unluckiest wolf today…first, washing up here alone and weak and then finding yourself with me” she chuckled before standing up, studying the girls face.

“And now you find yourself in a very serious situation… you have two choices now little cloud. You can one, Willingly give yourself to me, and in doing so you give up your freedom, you will belong to me. Every part of you will belong to me. Or two Make me force you to submit to me and still belong to me… I suggest option one for your sake…not that it truly matters to me”
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

04-03-2022, 09:50 AM
She was content, laying there licking herself while she spoke to this woman. As the woman first spoke, Aerys would smile softly at where her name came from, though as Reign continued to speak her smile quickly began to fade. Realization soon dawned on her. Slowly, she began to stand up, watching the woman loom over her. 

The other woman was much taller than she was, causing her to shrink down in fear and submission. However, she wasn't entirely giving herself over to the woman, that much was clear. Her body shook slightly from both fear and the cold, slowly moving backwards. 

Her eyes widened and her ears pinned against her head as she slowly attempted to back away from the woman, her words ringing in Aery's mind. 'Every part of you will belong to me.' Shaking her head slowly, she spoke softly. "I... I don't know what you mean..." She knew exactly what the woman meant, but wanted nothing to do with it. However, she wasn't one to fight. Instead, she tried to buy herself time as she began backing away, glancing behind her to see if she could run.

the staff team luvs u

Note
Content Warning
04-03-2022, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 10:21 AM by Reign.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Oppression
  • Abuse
  • Graphic Violence
  • The start of Oppression, Verbal Abuse, and Violence
Reign watched as the situation finally settled into the girls mind. She watched her stand slowly, just to cower and shake. Satisfied at the fear practically radiating off Aerys was quickly squashed by rage as Aerys stepped away from her. Reign stepped forward with every small step away, easily keeping the gap between them small. Her muscles tensed as anger seeped from her.

She bared her fangs, a warning that she wasn’t pleased any longer. She stared down at the girl. Once calm bored pools of amethyst now raged, begging for the girl to move so that she could taste her blood.

"I... I don't know what you mean..."

Reign laughed, bitter and cruel before speaking. “I mean exactly what I said Aerys” she practically spat the girls name with venom.

“Whether you want to or not you will belong to me. When you eat, drink, sleep will be at my discretion. You will do what I say, when I say or face my wrath and be punished. You will not go anywhere without permission, you will be at my beck and call. You will live for me and when it is time you will die for me. But only when I see fit to end your pathetic life. Do you understand now?” She spat and moved closer.

“I wouldn’t run if I were you, you’ve already begun dissolving my patience, and if I have to chase you down, you will fucking bleed. I don’t want to have to show you how bad my punishments can be so soon little cloud. But if you run… you’ll leave me with no choice but to hurt you” she ground out, eyes staring the woman down
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

04-03-2022, 10:32 AM
Her heart began racing and her breath came out in frightened pants. She couldn't decided if she should risk trying to run or not. She knew that the woman in front of her was much bigger and stronger than she was. Typically, she would assume she would be faster due to her smaller size, however she was already very exhausted. Only moments ago was she dragging her soaking body out of the river. Her legs screamed at her and her body ached, she knew there was no way she would be faster than the woman in front of her. 

She heard the words but didn't respond, not really sure what to say. However, hearing her words, she froze, glancing back over at the woman before she sucked in a small breath in surprise. She hadn't noticed that Reign had taken a few steps forward while she was looking for a place to run and was now within inches of her. Any hope she had of running was now gone. The woman could catch her before she even turned around. 

Feeling the stare, Aerys looked down, slowly lowering herself onto the ground, though her movements were still very slow and hesitant. Her eyes flickered around, going from the ground, to Reign's face, and back to the ground. "Why.... why me?" She asked softly as she laid down completely, showing her submission. Her tail kept tucked under her as she let out a soft whimper.

She really didn't know what would come of her life now, but she certainly would make sure to stay on her guard. If at any point she could run, she knew she would. After all, this was only one woman and at some point, she would have to sleep. Then, and only then would be her chance to run. She certainly didn't want to ever be on the end of the woman's anger.

the staff team luvs u

Note
Content Warning
04-04-2022, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 08:45 PM by zina. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • Oppression
  • Abuse
"Why.... why me?"

Reign watched in satisfaction as her little cloud lowered herself in submission. She wondered if Aerys full understood the weight of the situation or not. That belonging to a Saxe was not fun and games. Death would have been an easier route than this. She smirked, after all she was the cat who ate the canary.

“It’s simple little cloud, because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. And because I wanted to. There was absolutely no reason it had to be you. You’re not fucking special. You’re just a pathetically weak girl who found herself trusting a stranger to soon” she rolled her eyes.

She stepped closer to her prize, closing the already small gap between them before she lowered her head to Aerys’ ear and began to whisper.

“I can see the hope in your eyes… and I must remind you. That should you think of escaping me… well I’d have to hunt you down. And slaughter anyone who has helped you, hidden you or even smelled like you until I have you back in my possession. And I promise you, you will know, because when I catch you I’ll will bring some piece of evidence that I slaughtered them all, and I mean them all little cloud. I’ll kill the children too” she pulled back to study her face. Purple eyes raging like a storm at the thought of all the blood she could shed if she had to hunt Aerys. She licked her lips.

“And their blood will be on you. The deaths of the innocent will be on you Aerys. So run if you’d like. But I will find you” she snarled before attempting to step on the girls paws, and push down with some force. “You’re mine. And as such, im going to mark you. So that people know that you are nothing, nothing but property. You have no say in anything you do anymore and should someone mistake you as more than you are, you will be punished for it. “ she bared her fang again
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

04-04-2022, 08:24 PM
Her body shook slightly with fear, looking up at the woman with fearful doe eyes. Her self worth and confidence was slowly being stripped from her. Hearing the woman's words made her begin to think that she was right. After all, she didn't even fight back, too afraid of what would happen.

A whimper escaped her lips when the woman moved closer to her, causing Aerys to cower as close to the ground as she possibly could. She didn't want anyone else to get hurt. Not because of her. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if someone's death was on her conscious.

Hearing the word 'Mark' her eyes widened and she shook her head fearfully, attempting to crawl backwards slowly. "Please don't..."

the staff team luvs u

Note
Content Warning
04-04-2022, 08:47 PM
Content Warning
  • Mild Gore
  • Oppression
  • Abuse
  • Graphic Violence
"Please don't..."

Reign let out a warning growl when Aerys started to move. “Do not run little cloud, this is your fate now” she cooed before she stepped over top the girl, she carefully turned around so she wasn’t facing Aerys’ tail anymore.

She leaned down. “ don’t cry. It’ll only cause me to hurt you more” she dug her nails into the ground beside the girls legs.

“If you’re a good girl. This will go very quickly, if you squirm and cry. Well I enjoy the taste of blood and will make it hurt more” she purred.

She lowered her weight onto Aerys’ back and aimed for her jaw, her own jaw splayed. She was going to scar the girl’s face.

Teeth sank into the flesh of Aerys’s jaw, tearing down into the flesh. Reign practically moaned as Aerys’ warm blood began to leak into her mouth and down her jaw. Okay
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Content Warning
04-04-2022, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 08:46 PM by zina. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • Mild Gore
  • Abuse
Her attempt to squirm away was in vain, though she would be lying if she said she expected it to work at all. As the woman stepped over her, Aerys found herself rolling onto her back to show her underside in submission. She hoped that submitting completely to the dominate woman would stop her from wounding her. Boy, was she wrong. If anything, it just helped Reign wish what she was trying to do. However, Aerys realized much too late. 

The woman froze on the ground, not because she necessarily wanted to listen to the woman's words, but because she was frozen in fear. She could see the fangs coming at her face, though could do nothing about it but tense herself in preparation. After what seemed like ages, the pain exploded across her maw, causing her to bite her tongue to stop the cry that escaped her lips. Other than a small whimper, she kept quiet, eyes tight in pain. 

The fangs went deep into her skin, something she knew would scar over later. For some reason, it was about then that the gravity of her situation finally hit and any drive to escape or plead her way out had vanished. Her body went limp to the ground as she whined, finally giving up. She knew there was no where to run and if the woman did have a pack or group with her, Aerys figured they would also watch her, keeping her close to them at all times. 

Blood coated her jaw as she laid there, broken eyes looking up at the woman in understanding. She was property now, something she couldn't escape.

the staff team luvs u

Note
Content Warning
04-08-2022, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 08:46 PM by zina. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • Oppression
  • Abuse
Reign snapped her jaw shut around the flesh of Aerys’ jaw as she yanked back taking a small patch of fur and flesh. She turned her head and spat the piece she’d ripped off out of her mouth before looking down into the broken eyes that stared up at her.

“What a good girl Aerys,you listen well. That will help you. I took only a small piece of flesh this time, but make no mistake. It will scar and remind you that you’re mine.” She cooed before stepping off the girl.

She took a step away from her and licked the blood from her lips, her white fur stained with Aerys blood. Before turning her head to look back at her. “If you behave you’ll have a decent life, but if you disobey, or try to run, and I’ll hurt you”

She made her way to the river, looking down to stare at her reflection. She saw the monster staring back at her, she smiled at it before turning to Aerys. “Come here little cloud. Come see yourself as I see you now…” she practically purred
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Content Warning
04-08-2022, 04:43 PM
Content Warning
  • Mild Gore
  • Abuse
She cried out silently, a soft whimper escaping her lips as part of her face was ripped from her. She was a creature that cared about her appearance and this made it so much worse. Now she would be scarred and ugly, no longer able to look at herself. Laying on the ground, she wanted to just curl up and die, not wanting to move from that spot. She just wanted the pain to stop. 

She heard what the woman said but didn't respond at all, only moving slowly to get up when she was called over. The last thing she wanted was to get another piece of flesh torn from her body. 

With a soft whimper, she walked to the edge of the water, her head down as she looked at the ground, not wanting to look at herself.

the staff team luvs u

Note
Content Warning
04-11-2022, 02:03 PM
Content Warning
  • Mild Gore
  • Oppression
  • Abuse
“Look at your reflection Aerys” she spat her name like poison.

She watched the blood dripping from Aerys’s jaw and her mouth watered a bit.

“You’re my little cloud until the day we both die. Even if I should die before you somehow, every time you look at yourself you’ll see me now” she cooed stepping closer to her. She leaned over and licked the open wound on Aerys’ jaw.

“Be a good girl from now on little cloud. I expect much from you. And in the days to come as you really settle into your new life… well I’ll start to trust you to maybe venture out a bit on your own. But, that’s a privilege, and if you try to have someone rescue you…” she growled at the thought

“You already know. So be wise should i ever allow you out of my sight. Because I am quite unforgiving” she smirked and aimed to push Aerys into the water

“now get cleaned up. I’m tired. And don’t want your blood to stain my fur” with that she also stepped into the chilled water, allowing the current to wash away the blood on her chest. Her eyes on Aerys.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

04-11-2022, 07:49 PM
Flinching at the harshness of her voice, the girl would whimper as she turned her face upwards to look at herself. She hated how she looked, but now there was nothing she could do about it. Even as she felt Reign lick her wound, she began to shy away, though not enough to be considered trying to leave. 

With a soft yelp, she was pushed forward, splashing into the water as she popped her head back out. Shaking herself off, she slowly began to clean herself, wincing as the water moved into her wound. After a few moments, she slipped out of the water, shaking her fur out before settling herself down. She didn't know where they were going next, but she knew she wouldn't have a choice either way.

the staff team luvs u

Note
04-20-2022, 08:10 AM
Reign felt the chill of the water down to her bones, but she made no outward expression of how cold she was. Instead she watched her little cloud as the stream washed against her wound.

She watched the girl get out of the stream and shake off before laying down. Reign shook herself in the stream until the water that flowed through her pelt was clean of Aerys’s blood.

She then climbed out, fur dripping and clinging together. She began to shake herself off. She wouldn’t be to dry but dry enough to get some sleep.

She turned toward Aerys. “Get some sleep little cloud” she walked over and laid beside the girl, pressing herself against her. Both for heat and so if Aerys should move in the night, it would wake Reign up.

“If you try to leave I’ll feel it and wake up. So just sleep, youre already hurting, it would be a shame to mar that face again so soon” she purred before closing her eyes and laying her head down.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

04-23-2022, 11:10 AM
The woman lowered her head as Reign walked closer, avoiding eye contact in hopes that it would save her. She felt the body heat against her and though she would rather freeze to death, she didn't move away. Only a simple nod would show that she understood.

Lowering her head to the ground she started to sleep. Through the night though, she hardly got any sleep. Nonetheless though, she didn't move from that spot.

the staff team luvs u

Note
scroll to top