Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Fit for a Ruler

Sunrise Partly Cloudy 10° F
AW
03-31-2022, 01:51 PM
Fit for a ruler... 

The landscape around them was indeed fit for a ruler of the taiga, with all the trees and snow. As the Snow Leopard padded along, they thought deeply. 

Ivory made it to the path to the bluff, which was home to the cave they were staying in. It was just before sunrise before Ivory got to the top. They continued padding, though, to the edge of the bluff, where they could sit and watch the sunrise. 

After a little time passed, Ivory went back to the cave, with their mouth full of the early morning's prey. They sat down, setting the prey down before choosing one to eat. Before Ivory could eat, the pattering of rocks falling from the path to the top caught their attention. 

Sighing, they got up and went to the entrance of the cave. 

"Who's there." They growled this as they heard the other animal was close to the top of the path.
the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
03-31-2022, 07:57 PM
The man moved slowly through the snowy forest, not entirely sure how he got there. For him though, he really didn't give a shit. As far as he cared, this was just a new place where he could lurk in the shadows. Wondering further, he found a deep looking cave, at first thinking it would be a nice place to make his home. That is, until he caught the scent of a female inside of the cave and not long after, he heard the voice call out. With a grin, the man would wait a few moments in silent, hoping that she would lower her guard a little. 

After a few moments, he would finally reveal himself, pushing his large body forward as he spoke up, his voice booming as he wondered if she would run away from him or not. "Do you really want to know?" He asked with a rumble before moving into the open, light pink eyes watching her closely. He made no move to attack or show aggression towards her... at least not yet. For now, he would wait to see what she would do.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
03-31-2022, 08:37 PM
This... wolf... truly thought he could scare Ivory? Well. He thought wrong. They were clearly bigger and stronger than him. 

"Yes. I want to know." the Snow Leopard snarled. "Now give me a reason not to shove you off the bluff's edge. I don't take people trying to scare me lightly.

Ivory moved closer to the wolf, their form radiating power. "Now. Tell me, what is it you want."
the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
03-31-2022, 08:44 PM
Though the creature in front of him was a leopard, that didn't stop him from keeping his head low as he watched him. He felt the power that radiated off of them and he couldn't help but chuckle softly, his own power and strength radiating off of himself. He honestly expected them to run but the fact that they didn't made him happier. As they spoke, he would lift his head up, seemingly relaxed as he sat down in the opening. "The name is Satan Drazen." He would shrug slightly at their second question. "I woke up here. And who says I was trying to scare you? I simply was seeing who called out before showing myself." He stretched his body slightly, still stiff from waking up earlier. "I have no reason to attack you." He said simply before standing, cocking his head to the side as he watched them. "What do you know of these lands?"

the staff team luvs u
04-01-2022, 01:43 PM
"Hmm." Ivory sat, unmoving and alert. "Well, Satan, I am Ivory." They emphasized his name slightly. 

The wolf had not attacked them. Yet. Better to keep my guard up than be attacked. 

"Why should I tell you about these lands? We just met. Give me a reason to tell you.

Ivory got up and started walking back to their cave.
the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
04-02-2022, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2022, 12:13 AM by Satan.)
He chuckled darkly at the way she said his name, it was clear he was amused by this. He kept her name in his mind for later, though he wasn't sure if he would ever run into her again. Her words made him narrow his eyes slightly, though the amusement didn't leave his gaze. As she turned away from him, he would move to follow, not worried about following her into the cave. 

"Well, you were the one that called out to me, not the other way around first of all. And regardless, I did ask nicely." He emphasized the word 'nicely' as it was clear he could have done a whole lot more. For now though, he wanted to get a lay of the land before he started doing anything. 

Without an invitation he would follow her into the cave, glancing around as his eyes began to adjust to the light. "I'm assuming this is where you made your home." He didn't understand cats and their need for dark holes in the ground.

the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 12:32 PM
"Hm." Ivory grunted. "And what do you mean by 'nicely'? Do you think that you could've been not 'nice'? What could you do to me?" They snarled this, thinking Seriously? Does he really think he can best me? I am a Snow Leopard, and he a wolf

"And yes, this is where I made my home. Why does it bother you?" It was clear they were getting annoyed. How they longed to sink their claws into the wolf! 
Sorry that I'm just making the situation escalate-

the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
Content Warning
04-04-2022, 09:39 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Oppression
  • Language
He let out a small warning snarl as he heard her words, stepping closer to her. "Oh trust me little bird, you haven't seen the smallest part of what I can and will do." He stood up tall and confident, around the same height as the feline. However, he was much, much heavier than her and was entirely willing to show her that. "I'd suggest you watch your fucking words from now on. The only reason I haven't forced you on the fucking ground and made you mine is because you are the first I have come across in these lands and I'm giving you a chance. However, snap back at me once more and I will show you how you should act like the bitch you are." 

He tensed himself as he spoke, stepping towards her threateningly. He didn't know what made this bitch think that she was better than him, but he was at the end of his rope for tolerance. Pink eyes narrowing in challenge. It was clear that if she chose to challenge him back, it wouldn't end well.

the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 11:49 PM
"Oh, like you can force me to do anything! You're just a small little wolf!" Enraged and without warning, they leaped through the air and onto him, about to sink their claws into his fur. 

But then he fought back, throwing them off of him. "You think you can just waltz on in here and trouble me, then say that you could've made me yours?! Well, you are WRONG!" Ivory shouted this as they rushed at him again.
the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
Paladin
Content Warning
04-06-2022, 11:11 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Mild Gore
  • Oppression
  • Abuse
  • Sexual Assault
  • Language
Did this bitch really think that she could kill him? She made a terrible mistake. As she lunged at him, he shook himself hard, throwing her off of him as she was much lighter than her. His hackles raised and he snarled at her, lunging to meet her part way. Fang would attempt to grip her neck, not trying to kill her but trying to control her. That's what he desired the most. Control.

If he got the grip on her neck, or any grip really, he would try to push her down, biting down as hard as he would need to go get her to submit. Since she wanted to act like a fucking bitch, he would show her what it meant to be a fuckable bitch.

His niceness vanished and now all that remained was a controlling womanizer.

the staff team luvs u
04-07-2022, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2022, 12:34 AM by Ivory. Edited 1 time in total.)
Did this wolf  really think he could make them submit to him? Really? Like I will submit to anyone

So, Ivory acted like they submitted. Then, they flexed their claws and tried to dig them into the wolf's body. 

"You must not know me. I will never, EVER, submit to ANYONE! To think you can do that is pure foolishness!" Ivory snarled this, putting all their rage into their words.
the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
Formation
04-07-2022, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2022, 05:43 AM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
A small ripped from his chest as he felt claws scratch at him. And this was why he hated felines. Releasing her, he would move for step back, his growl turning into a chuckle. She certainly put up a fight which seemed to interest the brute.

"Join me." He said rather simply. "I plan to create a powerful group within the desert lands, join me." He would wait rather impatiently, clearly ready to leave instantly if she declined.

the staff team luvs u
04-07-2022, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2022, 01:22 PM by Ivory. Edited 1 time in total.)
"Hm." Ivory sniffed, raising their head up in pride and confidence. "Powerful, you say? Well, I might consider this, even though you enraged me. And why did you choose the desert? We won't be able to be powerful there. And my fur is too thick.

But overall, Ivory was actually considering it. Being in a powerful group. Being powerful. 

"Fine, I'll join you. But, we stay where we can blend in." They decided this, nodding their head.
the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
Formation
04-08-2022, 08:38 PM
He watched her with narrowed eyes, his body finally untensing himself. Her words made him chuckle for a moment before speaking. "It's simple, I choose the desert because the water there is scarce. So, once we claim the main water source, others will have to come by us in order to get what they need. That puts them in debt to us. And don't worry, you won't die of the heat." He had know snow leopards were able to live and thrive in deserts but he had never seen it before. He guessed there was only one way to find out. 

"Now come with me if you want to. Otherwise, gather more to Warcrest and I will call for you and the others when it's time to make it official." With that he would turn to leave, having much he needed to get ready.

the staff team luvs u
04-08-2022, 09:52 PM
They followed him out, shaking themself. This whole thing - the powerful group Satan was going to build, everything - was very appealing and they wanted in. 

"Yes, I shall come with you. You have shown you are powerful, and I have long been seeking an equal. Thus, I will come with you and join you."
the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
Formation
04-09-2022, 07:24 PM
He nodded slightly as he walked, knowing that she was following him. Good, his plan was already in motion. With time and dedication, he would get what he desired. With her in tow, he would begin to walk away, ears pushed forward. He didn't entirely know where he was going next, but it hardly mattered to him. Regardless if she followed him everywhere or not, he would continue to walk, leaving the cave and heading to his next point of interest.
~Satan exits

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top