Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I Hope You Dance

Evening Snow
AW
Adventurer
03-30-2022, 09:54 AM
[Image: sas-auheim1112-scott-14-20170425-1269699117.png]
Be your own kind of beautiful
The woman moved swiftly through the area, loving the feel of the snow on her body. She was made for the snow and was never one for warmer temperatures. Looking around for a moment, she wondered if she was alone or not. After a few moments, she would assume she was alone and a small smile crossed her lips. Wiggling her butt slightly, she pounce in the middle of a small pile of snow, acting like a child. Nuzzling into the snow, she chuckled softly as she rolled onto her back. The feeling of the wet snow against her skin made her sigh slightly in happiness. This felt amazing. She just hoped she didn't look like a fool if someone came wondering past.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

03-30-2022, 10:06 PM
She woke up to the feeling of snow moving. What made the snow move? 

She had dug into a pile of snow to sleep in after she had woken up not far away in an unfamiliar place. It was still unfamiliar, though. 

It seemed like Snowdrift was under a deep layer of snow, so it took her a moment for her to dig out completely. 

Then she saw the other wolf. Snow-white, like her. Except Snowdrift had some light grey in her. 

"Hello? Who are you?" she barked, moving closer to the other wolf, who was laid out on their back on top of the snow.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
03-31-2022, 03:25 AM
[Image: sas-auheim1112-scott-14-20170425-1269699117.png]
Be your own kind of beautiful
She didn't know that she wasn't alone, which is why when she heard a voice speak out to her, she yelped slightly in surprise. Spinning quickly to right herself, she glanced around, eyes searching the snow around her. Not far away, she found a small wolf that was nearly the same color as her. She cleared her throat slightly as she nodded at her in greeting. "Hello there, my name is Delgata. My apologies, I didn't know anyone was here." She glanced around once more, wondering if there was anyone else that was lurking in the snow. She really hoped the woman didn't judge her for acting like a child. 

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

03-31-2022, 10:22 AM
"No worries! It's just me!" Snowdrift stretched, still slightly tired. 

"I'm Snowdrift. It's nice ta meet ya, Delgata!

She thought for a moment. "I just got woken up when you made snow move, as I had burrowed into the snow to rest. But that's no problem! I was gonna wake up soon anyway."
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
03-31-2022, 07:11 PM
The woman smiled softly as she nodded slightly in understanding. 'My apologies for waking you up but its nice to meet you." She looks around for a moment before humming softly to herself. "I'm not entirely sure where we are, do you by any chance?" She moved to sit down, curling her long and fluffy tail around herself as she looked over at the woman. Her light blue eyes wondered over the other white wolf, taking in her appearance. She wasn't that different from Delgata herself and for some reason that gave Delgata some comfort. Why, she wasn't entirely sure, but for now at least, she felt a little better about waking up in a strange location.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-01-2022, 01:31 PM
"It's no worries! I was going to wake up soon, it's even a good thing I woke up earlier!

She then thought about the next thing said. 

"No, I'm not so sure myself. I awakened not that far away from here, in this cluster of forest. I wandered here and thought the snow was perfect for digging into and sleeping in. So here I am now!

It seemed the other wolf was more relaxed now, which was reflected in Snowdrift. 

"Well, do you wanna be friends? And maybe find a pack?" She was nervous about what the response was going to be. And plus, the two should probably find a pack, as it was dangerous alone.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
04-02-2022, 12:05 AM
She offered a small smile as she cocked her head to the side, watching the small wolf for a moment. After a few moments, she would nod in understanding. "That's understandable. Don't worry if you don't know either." She cocked her head to the side slightly as the woman asked about working together. It was clear she was a bit nervous after asking that. With a calm smile, she would nod. "I think that would be a wonderful plan. Sticking together is probably better than either of us working alone. Any idea where we should head first? Or would you rather relax a little bit before we start heading out?" She was perfectly fine either way, but she wanted to give the woman, her new friend, a choice as well.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-02-2022, 12:39 AM
"Hmm..." She mused about this, delighted she had made a friend in this unfamiliar world. 

Where should we go? West, east, south, north? Hmm... Maybe... West! 

"We should go west! I feel like that is the right place to go. And we should rest, and build up our energy since we don't know how long our journey will be!" Snowdrift announced after thinking a bit more.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
04-02-2022, 09:57 PM
She listened closely to her new friend, taking her choice into consideration as well. Hearing her choice, the woman would glance up into the sky, quickly figuring out where west was from the sun and sky around them. With a nod, she would move to sit down closer to the small wolf, a soft smile on her face. 

"That works for me, hopefully we can find a pack to call home relatively soon." She had come from a pack before she got here, but now she was alone. Well not anymore, not with Snowdrift here with her. She didn't know why, but it made her feel so much better. "We can spend the night here, maybe hunt something and then head out in the morning?"

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-03-2022, 08:53 PM
"Yes, that sounds good. Want to hunt with me? I'm kinda hungry." Snowdrift's stomach grumbled slightly as if in response, leaving her with a look of embarrassment on her face. 

Oh, sacred stars, why did that have to happen? She internally groaned, the embarrassment not leaving her. 

"And then we can sleep. We can dig into the snow like I did before, because that keeps more warmth in?" She said, a hint of embarrassment escaping into her voice.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
Hunter
04-03-2022, 10:06 PM
A small giggle escaped her lips as she watch the woman, amusement clear in her gaze. Seeing her embarrassment made her smile even more. Shaking her head, she would move to stand up, stretching her body out before shaking off the snow. "No need to be embarrassed, neve." 

Looking around, she would sniff the air, catching a few scents on the air. "Come with me." With that, she would start off, moving swiftly through the snow. After a few moments, she would lower herself to the ground, moving slowly until a pair of rabbits caught her attention. She kept herself low and quiet, though not pouncing yet as she was waiting for Snowdrift to arrive next to her.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-03-2022, 10:22 PM
She followed Delgata, catching the same scents that she did. Snowdrift went beside Delgata, sensing that's what she wanted, and together they tracked the rabbits. There were two, enough for both of them. 

The rabbits came into sight and looking at the other, Snowdrift nodded, saying they should pounce. And then she pounced, landing on one of the rabbits, swiftly killing it by biting its neck in a fluid motion.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
Hunter
04-03-2022, 11:00 PM
She was glad that Snowdrift understood what she meant, and more so that she was quick to the punch. Seeing her nod, she pounced, aiming at the rabbit nearest to her. Her front paws landed on either side of the rabbit and before it had a chance to run, she brought her jaws down around it. Her teeth snapped together, breaking the small creature's neck with a swift snap.

Settling herself down, she would move to have her fur touching Snowdrifts, a small smile on her face as she began to enjoy her meal with her new friend and traveling partner.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-03-2022, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 10:43 AM by Snowdrift. Edited 1 time in total.)
She settled down to eat beside Delgata, happy to eat and have a friend in this strange new world. She was coming to enjoy it, since Delgata was here with her. 

Though, when Delgata moved to sit beside Snowdrift to the point their fur touched, it caused the tiniest of flurries in her chest. What is up with that? She wondered this, but eventually the feeling went away. 

"These rabbits are delicious, aren't they?" She asked Delgata.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
04-04-2022, 04:18 PM
The rabbit was rather delicious, and for some reason, she felt very content next to the other wolf. Hearing her words, the woman would nod her head, a soft smile on her face. "Yes, hopefully we can find more tomorrow. Shall we set up for the night?"

She finished off her rabbit easily before stretching, accidentally leaning into the other woman.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-04-2022, 04:41 PM
Snowdrift smiled at what Delgata said. "Yeah. But with the two of us, nothing can escape us, right?

Then Delgata leaned into her while stretching. It caused even more of a flurry than before, and soft, unnoticeable blushing heated her cheeks. The other moved quickly, trying to get up. But Snowdrift, much to her own astonishment, murmured "No, let's stay like this for a while.

Snowdrift was amazed, but other than that she was pretty calm. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
04-04-2022, 09:26 PM
A soft smile graced her lips at the woman's words, a soft flutter in her chest. She was right, they are a good team. When she moved to get up though, she certainly wasn't expecting the outburst. Not that she seemed to mind though. A soft, accepting sigh escaped her lips as she laid back down, finding herself cuddling against the other wolf. Though she would say it was for heat source if asked, she found herself wondering if that was the real reason. "You're right, it is quite nice here." She yawned slightly and would lay her head on the woman's flank if she let her, cuddling into the woman she was starting to quickly grow feelings fore.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-04-2022, 10:53 PM
Snowdrift was still shocked by what she did, but as Delgata snuggled into her, the feeling went away and she was left with a bigger flurry, bigger than the last ones. 

"Yes, it is..." She yawned, sleep creeping in. 

She cuddled closer to Delgata before letting the clutches of sleep drag her in deep.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
scroll to top