Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
She Wants to Go Home

Evening Fog
AW
03-28-2022, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 12:35 PM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Just in case
A gentle breeze swept across the the grass hills, lightly caressing the large sleeping frame of Reign nestled peacefully into a ball in a less dense spot of tall grass. Shielding her only slightly as the breeze crept up her spine startling the girl awake. Amethyst eyes flooded with confusion and annoyance whipped open looking for the cause of her sudden chill. Startled as she found herself in a completely different location than the one she had fallen asleep in. Where there should be cave walls and the body heat of her brother, she now found herself laying in tall grass atop a hill with no sign of her brother.

“You have got to be fucking kidding me… where the fuck am I ?!” She ground out.

She stood up and stretched before spinning in a very slow circle taking in her current location. It was late in the Day, she could tell because the warm air was turning cool, and a light fog was being to set in. Had she known exactly where she was she might enjoy the view. But she was alone when she had fallen asleep beside Nemesis, and had no clue where he was, or where she was and that frustrated her.

Her ears perked hoping to hear something, anything that might tell her where she was. She lifted her nose towards the sky and took a deep breath, praying to catch even the faintest hint that her brother was nearby. Unfortunately she had no such luck, Not even a whisper of his scent on the breeze and not a singular familiar sound to be heard.

That left her with two options; 1. Stay put until someone found her so she could get information out of them. Or 2. Start walking in any direction, in search of someone to get information out of before she lost the last bit of sunlight from the day.

She liked option 2 the best. She began to walk, but became unsure of what direction she was actually heading and decided that option 1 was smarter for now.

the staff team luvs u
Hunter
03-29-2022, 12:20 PM
The firebrand had grown bored of sitting in his dark dank woods, which really, was only a matter of time. Shit was too quiet and no one was dumb or lost enough to linger near their borders which...was a good thing, but it didn't solve the boredom. It was for that reason that he ventured out beyond the hunting grounds. The last time he was anywhere beyond Nightwalkers' reach was...probably before he joined frankly. Minus a stroll here and there to their southern allies of course.

Hearing the rumble of hoofsteps had led him to sniff out the sparse herd that roamed the grasslands. Most of the day he watched them while he too roamed, smelling for other packs or threats, but aside from the horses, the place was practically untouched. For such a wide-open area there didn't seem to be many of them, but maybe he just knew nothin about horses. Aries had never hunted one so hell maybe they were way different from deer. They had to taste just as good though, right? No prey that large was wasted time.

Eventually, the sun began to sink near the horizon and he had just about spent what entertainment he could find in the fields. He had set his path to return home until another scent caught his attention. This one was fresh and canine. Curiosity always bested him so there was no debate in his mind as he strayed from his course to see out the woman. It wouldn't take long to spot her across the flatlands, if not for the surrounding territory then for her stark and contrasting pelt. Interestingly enough though she didn't look like she was heading anywhere...she was just...standing around. Yo, you got a light upstairs?

the staff team luvs u
03-30-2022, 02:10 AM
Reign couldn’t help the irritation creeping into her as she surveyed the landscape around her. She knew the moment she’d awoken that she was not where she was supposed to be. How on earth was she to get home now? Her brother was probably furious… or worse yet, he’d probably caught up with their sister To-Meri. That thought alone was enough to cause her hackles to rise in anger. Fur bristled as so many scenarios flashed through her mind, consuming her attention enough that she hadn’t sensed the male’s approach. But his voice snapped her out of her thoughts. “Yo, you got a light upstairs?”

She turned her head to look at the owner of the voice. Purple gaze falling upon a warm colored man. She gently rolled her eyes.

“Nope, Not one singular light. What about you?” She said, Tone cool as the breeze.

She turned her whole frame to face the stranger. But not before she perked her ear to listen for anyone else that might be slinking around. Better to be aware, since he’d already caught her off guard. There was no way to tell if he was alone… yet.

Satisfied that he appeared to be alone she allowed her fur to settle, her muscles slightly tensed just in case.

She studied him, watching for any twitch that might indicate movement to be prepared for. She wouldn’t let him catch her completely off guard.

“I assume you from here somewhere. So I can also assume you know just where Here is.”
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
03-31-2022, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2022, 08:41 AM by Aries. Edited 1 time in total.)
The man snorted as his tongue scraped out between his teeth almost as if he was removing the taste of something foul. Ahhh, that's a shame Doll, but it's aight. Gals like you don't need any so long as ya ain't a spaz. Ya've got the assets just matters if ya willin' to play the part. Not that he was looking for a piece but then again was he ever one to really turn down a silver platter? Wouldn't you like to know. See there's the difference. If a man says yes you'll just walk away, eh? Then he'd be considered crazy, stupid, or dangerous in an instant; not to say he wasn't all three, but where's the fun in showing your cards right away?

From here's subjective. Not one wolf was from here as far as he knew, or so he heard on tounges passing by, but he rarely gave two shits to pay attention. I'd say its pretty obvious though. It's some fuckin' grasslands. And a whole lotta nothing with them. Didn't need to dig deep to see that. He could practically see the end of the clearing from here even though the stretch lasted for miles. What's it to ya? You lost?

the staff team luvs u
03-31-2022, 03:03 PM
“Ahhh, that's a shame Doll, but it's aight. Gals like you don't need any so long as ya ain't a spaz. Ya've got the assets just matters if ya willin' to play the part.” Reign raised an eyebrow at his words. Play a part? Oh she could laugh at that alone. The only part she ever played was one that suited her and her alone. “Well then, I guess it’s a good thing I’m an excellent actress when it suits me, Darling” She bit out, the last word more snarky than anything as she held his Gaze.

“Wouldn't you like to know. See there's the difference. If a man says yes you'll just walk away, eh?” She laughed at his response. A friendly game of verbal cat and mouse. It almost felt like he was testing her. “Oh Contraire, I’d more likely walk away if you said no. Without a light on upstairs however would you be useful to me? After all, one without one would be prone to being more… air headed… with their answers to my questions. Not one bit useful in my opinion ”

“From here's subjective.” Interesting. Now whether he was being being truthful she couldn’t tell… But it didnt truly matter if he wasn’t completely honest. He’d likely still have answers to her questions.

“I'd say its pretty obvious though. It's some fuckin' grasslands.”She rolled her eyes a bit at his answer. “Is that so,WOW,” she feigned surprise and awe “and here I was thinking I was looking out at an ocean. Thank you for telling me that.” She quipped sarcastically.

“But we both know I was looking for a name. The name of where exactly we seem to both find ourselves. Surely it has a name?”

“What's it to ya? You lost?” Reign sat finally, as long as she stayed prepared for any movement from him she saw no issue in appearing relaxed. Besides it seemed they might talk a bit more and she was still tired from her interrupted sleep. “Well if you must know, I’m not lost so much as displaced actually” she said curtly before shrugging.

Yes, she was technically lost. But to no fault of her own.She’d gone to sleep where she belonged and simply awoken elsewhere. And Yes, she wanted to go home. But now she was curious. And Home, well that was a relative term to her anyway. “I’m simply trying to recall how I found myself here”
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Warning: Reign is prone to random Fits of Rage and Violence. 
*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
04-01-2022, 11:05 PM
Yea, my point exactly. Maybe he misspoke or she misunderstood his answer, but whatever, mattered little. The point was made all the same, though now he was interested. She wasn't as braindead as she suggested, even going as far as suggesting using others to her advantage. For a moment he wondered what @Vengeance would think of her. She certainly had the Nightwalker bark, but that mattered little without the bite.

Even if she was sarcastic in her response he couldn't help but quip a smile. If she was annoyed he was amused, but it was fun either way. How the hell am I 'spose to know, eh? Most names are self-given, not a lotta locals and all that. She hadn't said it directly, but he could garner a guess as to what she meant. It was a common story anyway for whatever reason. Same thing, Doll. She could reject it all she wanted, end of the day she was fuckin' lost. I can't point ya home or whatever. There's mountains north, tundra beyond that, and south is some packs in the woods. That's it.

the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 10:28 PM
“I can't point ya home or whatever. There's mountains north, tundra beyond that, and south is some packs in the woods. That's it.”

“That’s quite alright, that would mean telling you where home is. And I’m not in the business of giving out my family’s location” she sighed.

She wouldn’t risk her brother. He was capable of taking care of himself. But she knew nothing of this man and his own capabilities or if he was alone or not. It was safer this way. She’d figure her own way home, hopefully.

She glanced around their surroundings once more. “Seems as though the night sky should appear relatively soon. You should probably get back to whomever awaits your arrival don’t you think?”

A probing question but not one that would straight out show her interest in his life. He looked healthy which meant food and water, and that he might not be on his own.

To-Meri had been alone and while she was healthy, she was smaller than when they all lived together.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
04-08-2022, 08:40 AM
The man snorted resisting the urge to roll his eyes and failing. As if he cared where her home was, she was the one lost, not him. He'd quickly shirk the comment knowing well enough it did not matter if this bitch found what she lost and he simply did not care. That being said, she'd still rouse a chuckle from him as the corner of his lip curled past his tooth. Eh? I ain't got a bedtime, Doll. Don't tell me ya do. Aries would snicker to himself as a tongue ran over the side of his maw, Ah shit, don't tell me. Ya afraid of the dark or some shit? Or maybe he had simply gotten too nosey for her liking. Either way, he took pleasure poking what buttons he could find.

the staff team luvs u
04-20-2022, 09:04 AM
“Eh? I ain't got a bedtime, Doll. Don't tell me ya do.”

She smirked “Seems to me you avoided the bed warming part of that. Don’t tell me, you, Catch of the century, have no one waiting for you” she shook her head

“Ah shit, don't tell me. Ya afraid of the dark or some shit?”

“And if I was? Would you be offering to protect me from the big bad night sky” she cooed teasingly.

She held her head high as she stared at him, she found him amusing. And part of her liked that, it was like being around her brothers again.

“Unless it’s you who’s scared of the dark Casanova” she stood up and graceful drew closer to him, until she was close enough to whisper in his ear “don’t worry Casanova, I’ll protect you if you’re scared” before she pulled away a mischievous twinkle in her eye
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Misc Skill
05-04-2022, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2022, 06:36 AM by Aries. Edited 1 time in total.)
Aries only snorted at her reply. Now she was throwing herself at his feet or maybe she just wanted something. Hell, he wouldn't turn down a good time, but he had enough brain cells intact to not follow his dick everywhere he went. I don't tie myself down, Nah. Don't got time for that shit right now. If I want my bed warmed I'll get a bitch. Simple as that really. Honestly, it wasn't like there were many guys to compete with especially in the woods.

Depends where ya goin', Doll. I go where I want but I still gotta job to deal with. He wouldn't flinch as she advanced, whispering teasing words in his ear. He was well used to her type by now from @Morag alone that he could easily stand there with a lopsided smirk. Fear weighs ya down, Sweetheart. I'd rather bite shit in the face than cower like some sad wet rag.

the staff team luvs u
05-20-2022, 12:07 AM

Im sorry this took so long! I kept forgetting to reply and when i tried i ended up with writer's block

“I don't tie myself down, Nah. Don't got time for that shit right now. If I want my bed warmed I'll get a bitch.”

She laughed, she agreed with his sentiments. She also didn't have the time for anything serious. She was still new and needed to get her life in check first. Besides, This was her first time truly on her own. Why not enjoy it.  "Honestly that doesn't surprise me in the least, you seem like the kind who isn't tied down yet" She gave a little eye roll. 

“Depends where ya goin', Doll. I go where I want but I still gotta job to deal with.” 

"Im not going far, for now i think i'll stay here for a bit, but after that who knows." She shrugged. 

“Fear weighs ya down, Sweetheart. I'd rather bite shit in the face than cower like some sad wet rag.”

[font]"Yet another thing we can agree upon. Fear is useless, i too prefer to tackle shit head on"[/font]
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Misc Skill
05-20-2022, 06:58 AM
noooo worries aries is low prio for me

Yet. Not tied down yet. He laughed in her face as she rolled her eyes, slipping by to circle her once as his eyes trailed her body once more. Doll, ain't no one able to chain me. Reaching the woman's face again he'd lean in, his stare not once leaving hers as he smirked his truth. He would always do as he pleased, and if someone even thought he could be controlled they'd find out quickly just how wrong they were. Vengeance was a lucky man, if only because he interested the firebrand. By now he was well aware of Aries' tendencies, but he knew he was too valuable for the warlord to cast him out. So long as he played by a few flimsy rules he was free to do as he pleased.

Nevertheless, his interest was running thin and this woman had less to offer by the second. Shame really, he wouldn't have minded a bit of fun before returning to the mist, but her head seemed too far up her own pretentious ass. Pulling back, he'd swing around to pace in the direction of the Pasture that bordered Blackwood only to pause and lift his head over his shoulder, Might wanna check the shadows before ya sleep. Boogeyman likes to play at night and you're wanderin' his domain. That tough girl shit ain't enough you're a dime a dozen 'round here. She could do what she wanted with his warning, but she couldn't say he didn't try to tell her.

the staff team luvs u
06-07-2022, 12:13 PM
We can probably archive after this if you agree Aso

“Doll, ain't no one able to chain me.”

She nodded. According to her mother her grandfather felt that way. Even with his wives. And he father felt that way too. Though he hadn’t openly admitted that to the children. Her mother too. So it wasn’t uncommon to her. “Understandably so. Why bother with it. Especially when you can do as you please” she shrugged. She meant it. It wasn’t in her plans either. Even if she took a husband, she’d still have lovers and do as she pleased. Just as her grandfather had.

“Might wanna check the shadows before ya sleep. Boogeyman likes to play at night and you're wanderin' his domain. That tough girl shit ain't enough you're a dime a dozen 'round here.”

She laughed. “Then it’s a good thing I learned to dance with the devil. But thanks for the heads up” she shook her head. Tough girl what? She was what she was. “Never a dime, far more rare and precisely shaped. Maybe we’ll meet again Casanova and I can show you just how unique I am” with that she turn from the man and began to walk off into the night.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Misc Skill
06-17-2022, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2022, 09:17 AM by Aries. Edited 1 time in total.)
Now this was a woman who got it. Not one who would yammer his ear off demanding things or expectations she had made up only to make his problem to uphold. Still, pretty as she may, she was no @Leo. A half amused smirk sat on his lips as she talked herself up. So many thought they were hot shit only to piss and cry once they were actually faced with trouble. Idly he'd wonder which she was but made no effort to test her claim. We'll see about that, Sweetheart. If she decided to come crawling to the shadows for a good time he wouldn't complain, but he had his own little shits to deal with in the mist. Ya know where to find me. His voice carried even as she turned to walk away and once she was a fair distance gone he too would turn for home.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top