Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Be swift, huntress

Sunrise Partly Cloudy 60° F
AW
03-27-2022, 05:54 PM
She sat amongst the flowers and grass, eating some mice she caught. She was deep in thought, having been there for just a short amount of time. 

Where am I? What happened? How did I get here? I'm lucky there's prey. Why is there no one else here? I feel so alone... 

Sun's ears flicked as she heard the swish of flowers and the crackle of some grass. 

"Who's there?"
the staff team luvs u
† Sun †
Discovery
03-27-2022, 08:01 PM
 He'd started off his day in the Keep. He'd woken in his usual spot on top of the old shelving unit where he could see all around his quarters. It was dark, probably some time past midnight but that didn't matter much to him. Cats were primarily nocturnal creatures and he could get a midnight patrol in. From there, he'd went down to the stores and found a rabbit that someone had left from their hunt. He ate his fill then left the rest for someone else to have a piece. He thought about bringing someone along with him as he went through the territory but decided against it, he could do just fine on his own. In any case, there never seemed to be much by way of predators around here. Besides, going alone would allow him to do whatever the fuck he wanted without having to explain himself to anyone.

He did think about inviting Quinn for a moment but figured that she might be busy doing leadership duties or resting from said duties, so he'd leave her alone. Besides, maybe he could find something interesting to bring back to her.

So, he passed out of the old broken, moss-covered gates and into the world outside. He wandered and as he went he would scent mark where he could and soon he found himself at the borders of their territory. He debated turning back but decided against it. Let's see what was beyond their borders.

He travelled for a while, long enough that the sun was starting to rise. He could scent a cat on the wind and that was what fueled him onwards. More members, perhaps? He didn't bother covering up the sounds of his approach and boldly made his way to the she-cat, stopping a conversational distance away. He raised his tail in greeting and smiled. "'Sup!" He said with a quick upwards jerk of his head, also a greeting, as he sat down. "It's just me. Name's Moosebellow. Who're you?" He was a big fellow but he radiated relaxation and an overall chill vibe.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-28-2022, 12:18 AM
"I'm Sun. Nice to meet you." the Bengal meowed, relieved that he radiated kindness and relaxation. 

"Where'd ya come from? Where's your home? It seems like you've been traveling awhile." Sun stretched herself out, quickly finishing her meal and burying it so to not attract animals. 

"And could I maybe come with ya? I have no idea where I am, or where I could live. If that's not too much?"
the staff team luvs u
† Sun †
Discovery
03-28-2022, 12:33 AM
 "Likewise, an all that fancy shit." He said with a chuckle. Despite his foul mouth, he was sincere and more-or-less polite. After those pleasantries were done, the she-cat asked about his home, which was a fair question. He'd probably ask too if he were in her shoes. Paws? "I've travelin' a fair fuckin' bit. I came from thataway." He jerked his head towards the northeast, the direction he'd come from. "I live there with my clan. WillowClan, it's fuckin 'called. We live in a big ole castle, big'n'roomy and you can see all the way around. It's real nice."

Then, at her next question he grinned. "'Course ya can! We're always lookin' for new cats to join us." Then, he paused and added with a wink, "So long as you're not secretly a psychopath or some insane shit." And then he bellowed out a laugh, living up up to his name very easily.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-28-2022, 01:13 AM
"Oh, I assure ya, I'm as sane as a canary is yellow!" Sun laughed at what they both said. 

He sure is nice! He even made me laugh! And he said I could live with him and his clan. That's super nice!

"Thank ya for allowing me to live with you and your clan, I really appreciate it!"
the staff team luvs u
† Sun †
03-28-2022, 01:23 AM
 "Fuckin' great then! Let me get a bit of a rest an' then I'll lead ya back. We'll be meetin' with our leader, Quinn." He was sure that it would be all good. "No worries!" With that, he unceremoniously plopped over into the long grass. He let out a sigh, not worried about the other cat attacking him at all. He was huge and knew how to handle himself in any sort of scrap.

Do you want to fade out here and do a new thread in Cymru Keep where we can tag Quinn?

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-28-2022, 01:28 AM
"Okay, I'll rest too. To give me energy for the trip, y'know?" she meowed as she gracefully laid down in the grass, closing her eyes. 

Sure, we can do that. Whatever we need to do!

the staff team luvs u
† Sun †
scroll to top