Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
came here for the money, yeah there's plenty

AW
03-24-2022, 09:25 PM
The mountains remained the same.

Unchanged, in its nature, and looming. Timeless, and endless, with rocky, jagged peaks as well as plateaus and foothills.

All reaching for the skies, with water cutting through.

It was all bullshit, he was pretty sure.

He slumped to the ground. Splayed out against the earth on his side, the ground cool beneath his body.

He went to close his eyes.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
03-25-2022, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2022, 12:03 AM by Moir. Edited 1 time in total.)
passing through had become routine, almost simple, as the land became familiar to them. the mountains seemed to be the most appropriate place to station the organization they desired, though with the knowledge of the packs farther south, a more southerly position may prove useful. they could always uproot to follow the market, but they were thinking far, far ahead of themself.

they were largely unattentive as they mused, and thus nearly tripped over the prone wolf, catching themself only a few strides away. “are you alright?” they ask tentatively.

the staff team luvs u

and i'm just mad about my afternoon teas,

they're quite informal i just do them to please.
03-27-2022, 01:35 AM
And like always and forever—

The silence didn’t last long.

And he was tempted, he was tempted to say ‘no,’ childish and petty and obtuse. But knowing the inevitable spewing, emotional shitshow that would follow—

He grunted.

Looking—slowly, painfully, judgementally—at the stranger’s body, up and then down, before saying, “Yes.” Resting his head back against the ground, and shutting his eyes.

the staff team luvs u
04-06-2022, 11:59 PM
they weren't unused to the judgemental stare of others. a more preening cousin of theirs would have relished in it, but moir was more likely than not to simply accept it.

chuckling gently, they spoke again. “i apologize if you are trying to nap,” they say softly. the boy — what he seemed to them at least — looked positively enraged at their presence, though moir could find many more comfortable places to rest their head.

the staff team luvs u

and i'm just mad about my afternoon teas,

they're quite informal i just do them to please.
04-07-2022, 01:20 AM
He said he was sorry, and yet, there he remained.

Standing.

Staring.

Talking.

He grunted.

Twisted his eyes further shut against the outline he made against the open backdrop of rolling hill and sky.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top