Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Sniff on them panties now

Midnight Fog
P
Nightwalkers
Paladin
03-20-2022, 09:40 PM

He had spent the night wandering the borders as per usual. For the most part it was uneventful, that was... until the night was at its fullest and a small duo of hungry coyotes found their way sniffing too close to Nightwalker borders. Their bones protruding, perhaps victims of their ravenous hunting and greedy deeds of dragging everything back into the heart of the pack, away from hungry scavengers to either be completely consumed by them or waste away.

Hunger spurred the beasts on to fight for their right to eat. To fight against their oppressor who hoarded their riches to the point where hunting for themselves was too tiresome. But while they were two, he was well fed.

With a few bites onto his face and neck he wandered back to heart of the pack, looking for their newest rat to help patch up some of the deeper marks in his flesh before they would fester with infections.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Medic
03-20-2022, 11:49 PM
Gonna set this as before the little trip he took.

The newest rat was inside of his den, organizing his stores of items. Medical items were over there and items to craft things were over here. He went through cleaning and tidying to make sure he would be able to grab things quickly in a pinch. He even had a flow of water that drifted by in the back of his small cave. It was convenient and just what he needed to properly serve his duty to the pack. They were a troublesome bunch, fighting and conquering but that just meant he always had a job. Such security was lovely.

He turned his head to look as another rat skittered in, The Gray One, he thought of him. They spoke in their native tongue and he was able to deduce that the boss was back and in need of care. Quickly, he sent the gray rat to grab a few medicinal items while he went to soak several pieces of moss in water. The Gray One would be his nurse today while he went and treated the hellion that was their boss. 

Several moments later, Err appeared from his den with the needed items. He scurried right on up to Vengeance without delay and began to deftly ascend the dirty coat. "I assume that whatever did this to you is now belly-up in a ditch somewhere?" He let out a light laugh, amused at the dark humor as he began to assess the damage from his close-up position on Vengeance's body. After everything was assessed he would begin the job of the first round of cleaning by using the wet moss to get ride of the blood and other debris around the wounds.

the staff team luvs u
If you find yourself in Err's "shop" feel free to godmod any items your character finds there. He has all sorts of things. [Image: happychib.png]
03-22-2022, 01:21 AM
For most the sight of rats may be disgusting. Their little hairless feet and tails sending shivers up their spine as well as their carrion eating ways similar to crows and ravens. They are often blamed for being the harbingers of death, of disease and putrescence and yet for Vengeance, they were perfect. Their short lives meant they could do him little harm along with their small sizes. They were prefect for spies, compact and easily hidden within the branches and leaves and capable of whispering the sweet nothings into his ear by climbing up onto his shoulder for only he to hear. They were quiet and secretive, and Err - well, had other uses to him such as this.

“They were starving.” He'd crane his neck to give Err the space to work with. Something he would do with very few but again, with a rat's tiny teeth he would be a fool to even try. “I simply put them out of their misery.” He spoke as if they had been blessed with such mercy, which perhaps could have passed by anyone listening in were it not for his crooked smile.

“Some of them are left if you and the others are hungry.” Indicating he had devoured some of them himself. Having gotten his fill before walking away to get his treatment.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Medic
03-22-2022, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 05:11 PM by Err.)
 He was an opportunistic little creature, always morphing to fit the needs of those around him. Polite, sweet, to get his way but beneath there is always a self-serving purpose. His true nature though, well, he could find jokes like Vengeance’s quite amusing. ”Oh, how merciful.” He squeaked with a laugh, knowing full well what probably happened. The man had probably partaken in the fruits of his labor and eaten whatever canine or otherwise had bothered him. ”And how generous! I’ll partake after I finish up with you, boss.” He said as finished walking around and cleaning the wounds with water.

Now that that was done, something for infection. He gestured for the rat that followed him to hand over a few ingredients for a poultice. He sat down on Ven’s back and began to chew together marigold and goldenrod. When he was finished he asked, ”Things continue to go well with the pack, yes?” He had The Gray One follow him, his “nurse” applied cobwebs when needed and Err would follow up with portions of the poultice. They went about this meticulously, not wanting to be lackadaisical about anything. He took his healing job very seriously. ”Any news?” He always liked to be in the know.

the staff team luvs u
If you find yourself in Err's "shop" feel free to godmod any items your character finds there. He has all sorts of things. [Image: happychib.png]
Paladin
04-04-2022, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 06:32 PM by Vengeance.)
Paladin Skill: Expert Strategist

Skin flickered after Err applied a poultice of some sort. The only reaction to the pain that stung him under his touch. Though Vengeance lived for pain, both his own and what could be inflicted on others - he was not immune to it. The Boss could simply ignore it, a normal part of life that was a constant for beasts like him. One could not inflict pain on others and expect none in return.

“Over all, yes.” He drawled. Thinking nothing of Err's curiosity in hearing about the pack. He worked for them after all and their well being as his as well in turn. “@Amata is proving to be troublesome however.” Ears folded back after reminding himself of her. What little sense she had for her age. “I would like for you to keep a close eye on the brat.” This is where the brute turned to cast a single ruby eye on the rat, or try to wherever he was at this point in the conversation.

“I want to know every move she makes. She is banned from our caches or from help hunting.” At least until she proves herself worthy of being a part of their pack and not some pain in the ass child who was more trouble than she was worth.

the staff team luvs u
04-05-2022, 12:46 AM
 He continued to work about the wounds, applying poultices with his nurse and continuing the small talk as he did so. He noticed the twitching of the man's skin as he did his work. He knew that initially healing didn't feel good, it stung and caused a lot of discomfort but it was necessary. He also knew better than to speak on the matter, bedside manner was reserved for the pups, not a wolf who knew his way about the battlefield. 

In any case, as he finished up, he listened to what Vengeance had to say. He was pleased to hear that the pack was doing well, a good healthy pack was the ideal location for him to be. He also noticed with interest, the mention of Amata. Hmm.. Amata, Amata... She was one of the pups. Not the boss' own but someone else's? He couldn't remember if she was adopted or someone else's that was picked up into the pack. He racked his brain trying to remember exactly who she was. 

An image of a brown and creamy wolf popped into his mind's eye. Aaaahh, that one! The troubled one. 

He dusted off his paws on his pelt and then migrated up the man's large back, up his neck, and on top of his head where he began to groom some tangles from his fur there. It wouldn't really help overall but he liked to think that it curried favor with the man. "Consider it done, boss. If I catch anyone trying to feed her, I'll be sure to let you know. In fact..." He turned to The Gray One and squeaked something to him in their shared tongue. The gray rat listened, nodded, and then leaped from Vengeance's back and into the undergrowth. "I'll make sure all of the Rat Pack know." They weren't the most numerous of rat colony's but they still got around. He would know if she stepped out of line.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top