Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Read Only
Your Name

Midnight Fog
Read Only
03-18-2022, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2022, 03:02 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
She felt her body moving through the deep darkness. She was running, agitated and afraid. She was running. Looking everywhere, she only could see...nothing, until in the darkness a light appear.

And the wolf woke up.

Her breathing was fast, her vision blurred. She felt like she had been running for years and years, but how could it be if she just woke up now?
At that very moment, tears were streaming down her face, but she didn't know why. Confused, the adult wolf sat up and briefly tried to figure out what was happening.
She looked to see where she was, but had difficulty with the tears that kept falling.
It was night, and a light fog drifted through the forest. She didn't know the place. She was scared.
A great emptiness started to suffocate her heart. 
Where was she? Why didn't she remember anything? And worst of all…her body shuddered. She whispered, Who am I?
The question kept repeating in her mind, her big eyes widening in despair. She felt like she was going to throw up any minute and faint from the panic she was feeling.
Glancing sideways, the she-wolf had the feeling that someone was watching her, but couldn't find anyone.
Standing there or walking began to cross her mind. It didn't feel safe to stay there, but at the same time, she didn't know the place, she thought, and could be attacked or fall into a trap.
Neither hypothesis looked good, so one of it she had to choose. She decided to leave, the truth is, she couldn't just sit there forever, she had to move and know where she were at least.
Walking with fear and alertness, her mind was thinking about so many things and nothing at the same time.
What happened to me? Why can't I remember anything? Who am I? What is my name?
And, with this last thought her ears started to move, she heard something, but she couldn't make out what.
She continued walking, not looking back.
She no longer knew if she was imagining things or if she actually heard something coming from the mountains.
At least my name I have to know... she thought. What is my name? she wondered again.
Whispers she began to hear from the mountains to the forest and consequently in her mind, so many words she couldn't understand. 
“Alma” she could hear that clearly. Alma? she asked whispering, Is that my name? She looked at the mountains.
Without knowing how to explain it, something in her mind and in her heart seemed to make sense when she uttered that word. Even though, nothing since she woke up seemed to make sense.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top