Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Like a necklace,

P
Elkshire
03-10-2022, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 08:14 PM by Célnes. Edited 1 time in total.)
Though she tried not to let it bother her, and brush it off as but another straggler, leaving the lands.. It continued to plague her thoughts ; for a woman to be so dead within her appearance, and a hatred blooming from others that done her wrong.. It was strange, that she left like that. Celnes felt offended, as she offered twice and only finally to be accepted, just for her to leave without a word. @Minthe looked to be grateful in that moment as well, and finding the lacking of her presence, she thought maybe her hopes were misplaced.

Yet something about it still bugged the Queen. But she couldn't do her own prowling, especially not of her ranking. Quite suspicious of herself to even be found around anothers lands without formal invitation, or a greeting.. Yet couldn't help but wonder, if she perhaps went back to The Pantheon? Celnes had no desire to see Persephone, nor' her fancy lover. 

She knew someone though, that perhaps was good for the job. He may not like Elkshire, nor the ways that the pack works. Yet, he had a heard of a warrior, a gladiator within purity and a thought — she could use that. Surely, @Remus wouldn't let a poor soul be lost if Celnes were to twist some facts. Rather then simply asking of the presence of the woman.. She would make him to a spy. 

Scout out their group while she was at, win two birds with one stone, she thought as a slick smile fell upon her face.

"Remus," Celnes approached, "I have a task for you,"

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-11-2022, 08:28 AM
Tending to his own thoughts, he stared out at the horizon, wishing he could just walk into the sunset.  Cursing himself for being to much of a coward, a slave to his ideals.  

Suddenly snapping from his melancholy moment, the degenerate queen herself spoke, tearing into even that small space he had to himself.  "At your service... Your Highness." 

It was what she liked to be called... Wasn't it?
the staff team luvs u
03-11-2022, 06:46 PM
"If you remember announcing some time ago about a guest.. It seemed she disappeared," She gazed over to the east, where the land of the other pack stood. A forest brimming similar to their own by hailed by another King and Queen altogether. Not to mention.. The detail that they thought to be previous Gods was the most notable about the bunch she knew.

Though she was seeking him out to spy and watch them, some part of her was indeed worried for Minthe. Celnes couldn't help but enjoy her company.

"At first I thought she simply moved on, and yet such a frail women leaving? I wonder something more happened. She had some qualms with our neighbor, The Pantheon." Her orange look then gazed back to Remus. A large man, someone who continued to hold duty within Elkshire despite after a whole year ; continued to remain without a true loyalty. At some point she pondered to have him leave, and yet didn't mind using such a body to continue help guard the borders.

She'd keep the contract until he desires such end.

"I'd like you to scout their general area. It seems strange that she left without a goodbye either. Normally it would be easier to simply ask for her name, and yet there is something odd about them.. I was told they believe they were once Gods."

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-15-2022, 05:41 AM
It seemed like the mad queen wanted a recon mission.  Information was valuable if treated correctly, and it was often dangerous to collect.  Doubting she wanted it for anything more than her own vanity, Remus held his typical blank expression.  

"I will scout the area, what are my rules of engagement?", he would leave now, but needed to know what sort of mission this was, whether to make contact or not.
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-15-2022, 06:54 PM
"It's preference to not let it seem Elkshire is around them.. Silent discretion." It would be shady if one of the warriors were found lounging around their territory. Yet as far as she knew, they knew nothing about elken pack. The only face at the moment that had been seen as far as she was aware, as herself. Yet her knowledge of them continued to grow, especially the variety of faces, and even their origins itself.. Gods, so Minthe claim. Not something she easily believes and furthers her lowered opinion on them, thinking they claim to be a God before.

"I'll leave it to you to find out about them within secret, as well as any information about Minthe." In her opinion a win, win, even if her 'suspicions' were rather far-fetched. She'd get Intel on them while also figuring out what The Pantheon has been doing.. For they been rather silent as of recently, besides the occasional meeting of @Poseidon. Celnes hadn't seem him in quite some time, and wondered what he has been up to.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-21-2022, 04:57 AM
"Understood, I can leave immediately.", Remus replied quickly, eager to get away from this bitch as soon as possible.  Despite what he was thinking he masked it well under a stony venire of professionalism.  

After all, it would be good to have a mission besides guard duty again, a little recon might just be what he needed.
the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 06:25 PM
She nodded, and ushered him on his way as she too turned around and headed back to the dens. While he was off to do so ; perhaps she would tend to the caches that needed some well cleaning. Might as well prepare for a meal for Remus, if he came back with more pleasant news on this spy mission.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top