Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
What's a moose?

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
AW
Discovery
03-04-2022, 07:37 PM
@Moosebellow

Quinn hadn't bothered to rest very much. Being in a new place, she was determined to know her surroundings, and possibly find some cats like herself. It still annoyed her to keep coming across wolves. Where were all the cats?! She was beginning to think there was a reason cats didn't hang around. Were they picked off by the wolves? She had gotten lucky so far, but maybe the others hadn't. Maybe she was having beginner's luck in this new place, and her luck would run out one day. Only time would tell. 

She ended up back in the mountains. Mountains weren't her preferred plains, but since she was exploring, she figured she'd get them out of the way. Finding the lake was a happy accident, and she drank her fill of the water before sitting back on her haunches next to the edge. Her ears told her there was a waterfall nearby, but it wasn't on her agenda to check out. It was much too cold for her to consider a swim. The ground looked like it was starting to show signs of spring; tiny little green veins were sprouting up out of the dirt. She wondered how much of the area would show life once spring was in full bloom.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: b5lRX7D.png]
Discovery
03-05-2022, 01:51 AM
 There were two cats today that had decided to quench their thirst here at the lake. Moosebellow had broken away from his canine company to wander a bit alone. He'd get back to Moir eventually but for now, he was getting away from all the wolf stank to clear his nose. Funny, since he probably smelled like a wolf now. 

He almost didn't mind the stank anymore. 

In any case he climbed carefully down the hillside near the waterfall. From rock to grass to back again until he landed back on the ground. His nose was full of wolf, as it always felt like nowadays, but it didn't cover the scent of she-cat. He paused, mouth opening so that he could taste the air and yep. That was definitely cat. Despite having befriended wolves, he was quite happy to have found a cat after so long. He lifted his tail confidently as he walked over in long strides. She was a tabby-colored cat, lean with a feral apperance. Moreso than any of the cats he'd seen in any of the clans. 

Not that any of the clan cats were here.

"Well, you're a sight for sore fuckin' eyes." He said with a pleased chuckle as he walked closer and then stopped a foot or so away near the lake's edge. "Ain't seen another cat in fuckin' moons! Surprised I haven't started barkin' like a fuckin' wolf yet." And then, he dipped his head and began to lap at the water. His eyes were still on her though, as if he were afraid that she might disappear if he looked away. All the others seemed good at doing that.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-05-2022, 02:47 AM
The wind was gentle but Quinn could have done with out it. If she were in the desert, sunning herself on sand, it would have been welcome. But, up here, in the mountains, she simply didn't need it. However, it brought with it the same stench that had been surrounding her for days: canine. And this one was close. Ears flattened on her head as she stood and turned, fully expecting to see a wolf. 

While the tomcat was large, a wolf he was not. Flattened ears straightened in surprise, both at his pure existence and at his friendly tone. Apparently, he had been searching for his own kind longer than she had. Automatically, her tail straightened in the air to convey she was no threat, and she watched him head towards the water. Quinn wasn't exactly the laughing kind, but his words brought a kind of relaxation to her features. I'll be honest, the way you smell, I'm surprised you're not barking, either, she teased. It was obvious he hung out around wolves. Was that something she, in time, would come to do, as well? 

She couldn't ignore the true meaning of his words, though. There are no clans around here, then? she asked solemnly. She already knew the answer to her own question. She sat back on her haunches, waiting for him to finish drinking. Is that why you smell more of wolf than cat? You live with them? How did he get along with them? Why did they not attack him? It seemed almost unnatural to Quinn that wolves and cats would live together. Then again, her only experiences with canines had been neutral, at best, aside from the male she had made a deal for information with. Still, she certainly wouldn't call them friends.
the staff team luvs u
03-05-2022, 07:09 PM
 He nearly choked on the water as she teased him back. Someone who could tease and joke with him back? A double whammy! He was even happier now. 

He continued drinking for a little while longer before lifted his head and running his salmon tongue around his lips to clean the drips of water there. "Nope!" He meowed, focusing his attention on her. "Least, I ain't seen none 'round here." He didn't know if they'd mastered the art of camouflage or if he was just looking in all the wrong spots but he'd been hither and yon and had seen nothing. No traces. Although, that had him keenly interested. "Are you a clan cat then? Or used to be, I guess." Because clearly she was of no clan now. He could tell that by scent and by her words. 

"Yeah! Well, I live with a couple. They want to open something called a 'brothel', a place of debauchery or some shit. Sounded fun as fuck so I joined up with them." And it helped that Moir was a nice guy. Fun and kept him entertained. When they got their place up and running it'd be even better. "Figured if I couldn't find no other cats to join up with, might as well join up with wolves. Some of'em are pretty cool and some of'em are batshit. Been one helluva ride I'll tell ya that much." He said with a laugh, knowing full well that some cats might consider him insane for his new company that he kept. Hell, if someone had told him a year ago he'd be friends with wolves then he'd never have believed it.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-05-2022, 09:01 PM
The tomcat confirmed what Quinn had feared-- that there were not any clans around here. She began to wonder what she had done to deserve to be put in such a place, but quickly shook the thought out of her head. Quinn was not one to feel sorry for herself. She would do the best with what this new world had to offer. 

She shrugged a bit at his question. I was a part of one before this place, she admitted. But I'll be fine, she added. She would most likely take the time to scout out the southern parts of her new world, and then pick an area to stay put in. Or, since she had no clan to call home, maybe she might enjoy just going wherever the wind took her that day. She could literally do whatever she wanted. 

He described the wolves he lived with, and though Quinn didn't know what a "brothel" was, instinct told her it wouldn't be her scene. The male seemed to be living it up in this place. Well, hopefully you find all the fun you want, she said, her voice light. I don't know if I could live with a bunch of canines, she admitted. She had made a deal for information from one, but that didn't mean she wanted to live with him, especially since he had headed in the direction of the Impotents, as she had come to call them.
the staff team luvs u
03-05-2022, 11:56 PM
 The thought that there was another clan cat here was a hopeful one... he wondered if she arrived the same way that he had. "What clan was it? Do you remember how you got here?" His was quite unpleasant but had lead to this peaceful --if not boring-- existence. It was strange having nothing to do and no one but wolves to talk to. But he felt as if StarClan were pushing him in this direction so he would follow. 

"Fuck yeah I will. I'll make my own fun if I have to." He said with a grin as he lifted a paw to lick the back of it. "It's not so bad, once you get over their stench. I feel like if I was doin' the wrong thing, I'd have some sort of sign or somethin'... or I'd've gotten eaten already." He dragged it over his face and left ear. In between this grooming he'd ask, "So, what's your name anyways?" The right ear was cleaned in a similar fashion as he offered his own name. "Mine's Moosebellow." And he finished, locking his amber eyes onto her again.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-06-2022, 11:46 PM
He asked about her clan. Willowvale, she replied, though she didn't really expect him to know of them. It would be quite a stretch to find someone in a new world that was from part of her old one. She shook her head when he asked if she remember how she got here. No, I don't even remember falling asleep. But, I woke up in this strange place, at the base of a tree, she explained. What about you? she asked, assuming he had a similar experience. 

Quinn had only known this male a few minutes, but she didn't doubt his motivation to find his own fun. Quinn was a serious kitty who simply didn't understand the need for fun. As long as her belly was full of food and her lungs full of air, she was content. He tried to convince her that living with wolves wasn't so bad, but the look she shot him said she didn't much believe that. My name is Quinn, she said, dipping her head in a greeting. Nice to meet you, Moosebellow, she said sincerely. She thought that was an interesting name, unaware part of it was named after an animal she had never met. They didn't have moose in Africa, after all.
the staff team luvs u
03-07-2022, 04:55 AM
 Willowvale... her clans were different from his then. He had half been hopeful that he would have recognized the name on some level but it was not the case. "Never heard of it." He was sure that she wouldn't be surprised by that fact in the least. "Well, the way you got here seems fuckin' peaceful." But no less jarring, he assumed. After all, it wasn't comforting to wake up in a new place where you didn't know anyone and couldn't find any other fucking cats. He could certainly relate. 

"Me? I fuckin' died." And then laughed as if it were no big deal and really, it wasn't. "I was in a battle between my clan and those fuckers from LakeClan, and yeah. Someone fuckin' got me from behind while I was engaged with another cat. Woke up here after I bled out." Dishonorable as fuck but what could you do about it? Not like anyone could do anything now. He was dead and gone. Not to StarClan but this strange place. "I wonder what the fuckin' point of me wakin' up here was." Why hadn't he gone to live with ancestors instead of being given a second life? 

Still, he was taking it all in stride as he laughed at her disbelieving expression. "Yeah, figured that was a pretty hard sell." Not many cats would gladly take to a life living with their mortal enemies. "Same to ya, it's real nice seein' another cat. The others I've talked to... well, I've not fuckin' seen them again." Whether they died or just woke up somewhere else, he had no idea. He was still around the same area so he'd assume that they would be around but that was not the case. He found neither fur nor smell of them since he'd first bumped into them and even their memories were becoming fuzzy. Strange place, this was.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-07-2022, 01:38 PM
He admitted he hadn't heard of it, though it didn't surprise her. There was a very minute chance he would have. Still, it may have been nice to have some link back to home. Her ears perked in instant curiosity when he commented that her simply waking up was a peaceful way to get here. Looking back, maybe she had assumed everyone had the same experience as her. Or they were simply born here. It was obvious, however, that Moosebellow was proving her wrong. 

His words and his laugh didn't fit together for her. He died? And woke up here? The shock was evident on her face, and she wondered if she had died, too. What if she did, but she just didn't remember it? That's a truly horrible way to go, she said softly. He questioned why here, and Quinn found herself agreeing. Do you think this is where everyone goes after they die? she asked. Or maybe we are all just... reincarnated into another world. Though, why at the same age? Why not born? Apparently, Quinn had a flood of questions she didn't even realize. And, if we are reincarnated, why can't I remember my death? She looked at him as if he could actually answer her questions. 

Despite the serious topics, Quinn found herself relaxing in the company of Moosebellow. He seemed to have a way to diffuse even the toughest of conversations with this laughter. She huffed-about the closest to a laugh she really got. When he mentioned other cats, she asked, Were they alone, too? No clans here? She assumed the answer was no, because he would have told her about them when she asked a few moments ago. 

For just a moment, she tried to imagine herself living with wolves. The big, drooling, stinking creatures. Though, she really didn't have to interact with them, did she, if all she wanted was the company of their resident cat? Do you think... She paused, weighing whether or not she really wanted to ask. She was realizing that having the company of another cat was more important than she let herself think. Do you think I could hang around you and your... stinky, mangy mutts?... Pack? Yup, better to go with that.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
03-07-2022, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 12:29 AM by Moosebellow. Edited 1 time in total.)
"Yeah, it fucking sucked." He said with a nonchalant shrug but then smirked. "But I sure as hell gave those heaps of fox-dung something to remember me by." And he'd take satisfaction in that, even if he was a bit... Unnerved about how he's gotten here. Fat chance of getting him to admit it, though.

Then there was the flood of questions that he was honestly curious of the answer to. To her plight, there was a brief moment where his brow softened and he looked sympathetic. It was confusing and disorienting to end up here. "Fraid I don't know that. I'm just as fuckin' confused as you are. StarClan has a fuckin' sick sense of humor!" And he rumbled off a chuckle. You had to find the humor in these things or you'd go mad. "But if it's any consolation, some of the other creatures I've met didn't die... Or didn't think they'd died. Some just we're walking, minding their own fuckin' business and ended up here. Weird fuckin' shit." He wanted to know but he was afraid if he thought about it too much, he might not like the answers.

"Yup! All alone. And after I saw them once, I never fuckin' saw them again. Not a whisker nor a sniff." Which should also be unsettling but he tried not to think about it too hard. It made him a little reluctant to cut their meeting because what if she were the last cat he saw? He liked his wolf friends... But there was something especially nice about being with your own kind.

His ears twitched at the start of her question. Think what? He silently questioned with his amber gaze.

The next words out of her mouth had him especially elated. There was joy in his gaze as he exclaimed, "Fuck yeah you can!” Oh wait, he should probably dial that back and not look as desperate for feline companionship as he felt. He cleared his throat and looked down at a paw, examining it. "I mean, yeah, that'd be pretty fuckin' cool." He looked up at her again with a smirk. "Maybe if we find more cats we can make our own clan. I might set aside my ambitions of debauchery for that." Although he didn't have especially high hopes.

It was a nice thought.
the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-07-2022, 04:38 PM
Quinn had no doubt that Moosebellow had given just as well as he got. He seemed like an able-bodied warrior who happily defended his clan. It was an admirable quality to Quinn. At least you didn't come here with your injuries, she commented. Which would be horrible, since he died because of his injuries. Would he have just died again after he got here? Mentally, she shook her head. No need to think thought like that since it hadn't happened, and she wouldn't assume it even could.

He didn't have any answers to her questions, but she didn't hold it against him. It was quite possible they may never know why they ended up, or how they were chosen above others. It did console her to know not everyone had died to get here, but it also added a strange new take on it all, too. Very weird, she agreed. 

She had been nervous to ask him if she could hang out with him longer. She didn't want to seem needy- she wasn't - or to make him feel obligated that because she wanted feline companionship, and he was a feline, that he needed to say yes. However, his response told her he had no such qualms about saying yes. For the first time, a twitch of a smile appeared on Quinn's maw. He tried to backtrack, but that reply would be ever grained into her memory. She liked that he even took it a step further and thought of them making their own clan. I hope we can, one day, she agreed. But, no worries, you don't have to change your hopes of debauchery, she assured him in a lighthearted tone. She wasn't the type of wildcat to dictate what others did or how they acted, or tried to change their morals. There were some things she might not partake in, but she didn't generally stop others from doing it. 

Eager now to begin her new life, she hopefully asked, Should we head to your pack now?
the staff team luvs u
03-08-2022, 12:00 AM
 He knew that she'd seen his clear display of excitement, even as he played it off. He saw the glimmer of a smile and was actually quite pleased that he'd gotten such a positive reaction from her. Granted, he again, wouldn't say as much. Instead he just smiled back, but such an expression wasn't rare on his carefree face. I would hope fuckin' not! What good's the world without a little bit of extra fun in it?" He wondered what things that she did for fun. He doubted that it'd line up with what he thought was fun. 

As for her question he shook his head, "Naaaahh, we can find those assholes later. I was out explorin' further south. Wanted to see what else was out there, y'know?" He'd really only been in the mountain ranges and not in any of the other areas. "Want to come with? We can circle back around after we're done and head back north towards those guys." He gave a languid stretch before rising to his paws. An adventure with a pretty tabby cat that had come from her own clan, what more could he want in the moment? "'Sides, it'll give you more of a chance to get used to the idea of bein' around the wolf stank!" And there was that laughter again. 

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-08-2022, 05:25 PM
She considered his words about the world without a little bit of fun. Quinn didn't exactly consider herself the "fun" type, but was she so set in her ways that she couldn't have a little fun? She was content in herself, but she was in a new world, and had an opportunity to really reinvent herself. Moosebellow would be the perfect fellow to help her do that. 

He discarded the idea of going and finding his wolf pack. The idea of going south appealed to her, but when he mentioned the wolves were north, she frowned a bit. How far north are they? she asked. I'm not exactly suited for snowy weather, she pointed out. She was much more suited to warmer, desert-like climates. While she could make a short visit to colder climate, her body simply wasn't equipped to live in northern climates. 

I'd be happy to explore south with you, though, she added hopefully. She chuffed when he mentioned getting used to the stink of wolf. I have a lot of doubt that I'll get used to that, she teased. It's akin to skunk, she added playfully.
the staff team luvs u
Discovery
Formation
03-09-2022, 12:29 AM
 "Oh, not that fuckin' far north. If I had to deal with fuckin' snow all the time, I'd have a problem with that. It's just a bit further than here. 'Bout half a day or so, I think." If they weren't surrounded by this area's peaks, he would have indicated them to her but as it was, they were kinda closed off here. 

It seemed as if she were opening up a bit more, talking and bantering with him. "Fuck yeah! It's always nice havin' someone to talk to." He walked a bit closer and then past, indicating with a sweep of his tail that he was ready to get going. Then, he would begin the trek to nowhere in particular but south. "Iunno, I feel like skunks smells better sometimes and at least you expect it from them!" Oh, he loved his wolf friends but he wasn't above poking fun at them. They were cool but still strange creatures with their ways. "What was your clan like anyways? Ours had a real specific setup from names down to traditions." He wondered if their clans were comparable and if in the future --if they ever found other cats-- if they'd set up clans like his own or like hers... or maybe a mixture of both.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-09-2022, 02:10 PM
She visibly relaxed when Moosebellow explained they weren't going that far north. She was feeling very light already after having met him, and she didn't want to go back to being on her own just yet. Even if they parted ways in the future, at least she might know where to find him. But, for now, they could travel together. 

She nodded when he admitted it was better to have someone to talk to. I don't think I realized that until I woke up here, she admitted. My clan had always been there. Even if I left for a few days, I always knew where to find them. I'm realizing now I took them for granted, she said. It wasn't like she was best friends with anyone there, but didn't dislike the group of them. Maybe now she was realizing she needed them more than she thought she did. 

She chuffed, her only outward sign that she thought he was funny. And that skunk smell will eventually wear off. That wolf smells just lingers forever, she added teasingly, side glancing towards him pointedly. 

She found it interesting when he explained his clan had specific setup. Mine was more of a rag-tag group. No real hierarchy or anything like that, she explained. What kind of traditions did yours have? she asked, curious as to how they operated. Ever think of starting one up again? I know it's just you and me, but if we come across others... she trailed off, worried she was getting ahead of herself. He was already settled with wolves. Would he even want to leave them? He seemed pretty excited about their plans of debauchery.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
03-09-2022, 02:34 PM
Warning: explicative-filled info dump incoming LOL

When she spoke, he realized that he could fully sympathize with what she was saying. He hadn't realized it either but with his clan now gone, he missed them. He was quite social, had a lot of friends --and enemies-- but he'd always taken them for granted. He never would imagine that one day he wouldn't have them anymore. "Yeah, yeah, I guess I should count myself lucky that I'm even fuckin' alive again... but, I do miss havin' my clan too. Ain't it that phrase 'don't know what you got till it's gone'? Yeah, whatever smartass thought that up was pretty fuckin' insightful."  He shook his head and repurposed a smile. He... didn't like dwelling on bad. He liked to keep it light and moving instead of probing the gooey thoughts he had inside. 

"Lucky you, then." He grinned mischievously. "You get to smell my wolf stank since you're stuck with me for the foreseeable future. Maybe I should find a skunk's piss-pile and roll in it. Maybe it'll be an improvement, eh?" He guffawed and playfully flicked his bottle-brush tail at her.

He did hush when she went on about her clan. It sounded to him like loners that had tagged together for their betterment than a full-fledged clan like his own. "Interesting." He said, pondering her words and thinking back to his own clan's setup. What were they except loners that had gotten together in the past and made their own shit up? "A fuckin' shit-ton." Where did he even start? "We had a very tight hierarchy. A leader at the very top, a deputy who's their second-in-command, warriors who take care of hunting and patrollin' and training and shit like that, below that are the apprentices who have one warrior who's a mentor, then there's kits. Oh! And a medicine cat, they do the healin' an' communin' with StarClan. Our warrior ancestors who live up in the stars... sometime's I wonder if they've got a hard-on for fuckin' with me." Because his life had just been the most wild rollercoaster ride. From seeing no cats, to communing with wolves, to finding a very nice she-cat. 

"And get this, there's the Warrior Code with rules on what you should and shouldn't do to keep us all from bein' bloodthirsty rogues. Aaaaannnnd, you ready for this?" He was actually enjoying talking about his past like this. It was nice and helped him not forget and to relive those days. "Our names are based on our ranks. The first part is what our mother gives us, the second changes depending on your rank. For instance, when I was an apprentice, I was called Moosepaw but then I earned my warrior name for bein' a royal pain in the ass to our leader." He laughed. Joke's on that guy, he actually enjoyed his name. 

"And I'd fuckin' love to have another clan. I'm just no leader, I piss leaders off." He grinned at her. "But if a leader-type did come along and we did find other cats..." He wondered if she were the leader type. She seemed a helluva lot more polite and grounded than he did.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-09-2022, 04:21 PM
Moosebellow expressed the same feelings as Quinn when it came to missing their clans. She nodded her agreement at the old saying. IT sure rang true now. She felt a little guilty, but then again, she hadn't been super close to anyone. She actually felt closer to Moosebellow than she had any of them. They weren't family, she hadn't grown up with any of them. She had found them when she was about a year old and it was easy to hang out there and enjoy the security of the group. 

At the mention of finding a skunk, she didn't immediately throw the idea away. It would be interesting to see you anger a skunk and then get sprayed, she retorted, her voice hinting that she might like to see that. 

It amazed her that his clan was so organized. They sounded like a cohesive unit, with each cat having a place, a purpose, and rules to follow. Quinn's clan hadn't done much fighting, unless it was over food, but it sounded like Moosebellow's clan not only did fight, but they trained each other for it. Quinn couldn't decide if it was a harder life or an easier one. Maybe both. 

He expressed that while he wanted to be in another clan, he didn't want to lead one. I'm not sure how great I'd be at leading, since I haven't lived such a structured life, she admitted. But, I'd take a whack at it. She shrugged, You could be my advisor since you know more about what rules need to be made and followed. And you can teach me what you know, especially about fighting. She had been in her fair share of fights, but had never been trained in specific techniques.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
03-09-2022, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 05:01 PM by Moosebellow. Edited 2 times in total.)
 He grinned at her words, they were politely spoken he could swear that he could hear the teasing there. ”Oh yeah? Bet I could piss one off by just my fuckin’ words alone.” He considered it a specialty of his to do so with anyone and anything. ”But what do I get out of it?” Maybe if he had something to sweeten the deal, a bet could be made. He was game for almost anything. 

Besides, maybe he’d get her to laugh. He already found it joyful when he got those little chuffs of “laughter” out. Maybe he should try for a full belly laugh. 

”Neither did the cats who started the clans. They just had advice from their ancestors and cats willing to follow.” A pause and then, ”I think you’d do great!” He was already willing to follow her and already liked her a lot. ”That would be a deputy. They’re in charge of helping the leader out with decisions an’ shit. Plus organizing patrols, helping training where they can.” Here he would puff out his chest. ”An’ I’m a fuckin’ legend when it comes to fighting,” Probably literally now if he was dead. ”Had my own apprentices to train an’ shit. After I’m done with ya, you’ll  be the best fighter in the world… after me, of course.” He was practically beaming. Although part of him still thought it was all wishful thinking. Who said they would even find other cats?

”Should I start callin’ you Quinnstar now?” He let out a laugh, amused with his own joke.  

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-09-2022, 05:28 PM
He seemed rather proud that he might be able to infuriate a skunk by words alone. I think it would depend on the skunk, she said. From what she heard, some would tolerate more than others. However, they all had their limits. When he inquired about what he would get out of it, she gave him a pointed look. I think that should be quite obvious, she replied. You get to smell better! Duh! Quinn didn't think that there might have been other things Moosebellow would want out of it.

He explained that the first warrior clans didn't have any experience, either. It made her feel a little better, especially know Moosebellow would be right there with her. So, you'd be my deputy? she asked, wanting to confirm that's something he wanted. One side of her mouth tilted up when he began to boast about his fighting skills. She hadn't doubted him at all, but it was almost cute to see him brag about himself. When do we start my training? she asked, curious to see his skills in action. 

An ear flicked when he asked about what to call her. Well, it's just you and me right now, but you can if you want, she said, a little unsure. What if the group we put together doesn't want me as a leader? she asked, a worry she hadn't realized she had up until this point. There had been no leader in her clan, just cats that had tried to keep the peace. Nothing was truly enforced, though, so there had been no need for her to step into any kind of leadership position. Also no reason to worry about those that wouldn't want to follow her.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
03-09-2022, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 08:38 PM by Moosebellow. Edited 1 time in total.)
 He made a big show of “considering” her words about skunks. ”Iunno. I can be a pretty big asshole when I wanna be. I bet I could make even the most mild-mannered skunk fuckin’ pissed.” Granted, he’d prefer not to be sprayed but he was fucking down. ”Nah nah nah! I said ‘roll in a piss-pile’! Getting’ full on sprayed is a whole other fuckin’ level!” He winked, wondering how he was even enjoying talking about such a silly topic. It was great.

He never would have believed he’d ever be in a position to be a deputy in his life but here he was. ”Yeah, I’d be your deputy. You can do all the leadin’ shit and I can be there to support you.” He didn’t mind doing that and helping where he was needed. He was good at support, at least he thought so. ”What about tomorrow? Well do your first lessons and then we can continue on in between our travelin’. Sound good?” He asked, amber eyes gleaming excitedly.

”Fuckin’ sweet. I feel like I’m in a clan again already.” He heard her uncertainty and would attempt to give her a reassuring bump on the shoulder with his own. ”Now don’t start fuckin’ talkin’ like that. Anybody that meets you’ll for sure see your leader material.” A pause and then, ”An’ if they don’t they can pound sand, ‘cause I think you are.” And then after a little bit of time he realized how sappy that sounded and decided to run corrections. ”Or I can knock some sense into’em if ya want. I got no problem whoopin’ someone’s ass.” He was joking off course but he felt the need to lighten things up.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-09-2022, 08:07 PM
Quinn couldn't remember the last time she had felt so light-hearted. Moosebellow made her want to smile and to laugh. But, old habits died hard and she couldn't quite let go of that control yet. What was it she was holding on to, though? She gave a sound that said she knew he wouldn't go along with the skunk spray idea. Oh yeah, because there's such a big difference between rolling in piss and getting sprayed by piss, she retorted playfully. 

He assured that he would be her deputy, and help her lead their hypothetical clan, and that her training could be started tomorrow. Great, she said, her voice a little more upbeat now. He promised that any cats not agreeing with her leadership with either get the boot or Moosebellow's claws. Quinn appreciated his support, but she hoped it wouldn't come to that. I can tell you'd have no problem with that, she assured him semi-jokingly. He had been quite friendly with her, but judging by his past, she was certain he was serious when he said he would fight. 

She was suddenly aware that she was pretty much blindly following him, knowing they were going south, but she couldn't remember if he had said why. What exactly are we looking for in the south? she asked.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
03-09-2022, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 08:56 PM by Moosebellow. Edited 2 times in total.)
 He poked his tongue out at her between his jaws as he meowed, ”Exactly! Glad you understand.” Feigning as if she’d thrown the argument his way rather than taking it as it was meant to be taken.

He winked and assured her, ”Not at all. Any-fuckin’-time you want me to deal with someone just let me know. I’ve no problem givin’ cats a piece of my mind or claws. Whichever’s needed.” It got him into trouble sometimes but he wouldn’t make anything difficult for her. A new clan would be a delicate process.

”Fuck if I know! Just somethin’ that looks awesome!” They’d know when they saw it. ”It’s fun to just kick back and explore, y’know?” Maybe this could be her first foray into fun.

new thread? Also don’t forget to make the formation posts! :D

[/color][/font][/font][/size]
the staff team luvs u
M for Language

03-09-2022, 11:41 PM
He stuck his tongue out at her and Quinn opened her jaws to feign as if she was going to bite it. Then, playfully, she attempted to bump his shoulder with hers while they walked. Though, he was taller than she was, so it was more like her shoulder to his elbow. 

When he offered his protection to her, a thoughtful look went over her face. Well, there is this one fellow who thinks he can get away with rolling in urine instead of getting sprayed by a skunk and I think he needs to be straightened out, she explained playfully. She looked at him pointedly, Will you take care of that for me, please? Her voice went extra sweet and she batted her eyes at him, really laying it on. 

She liked the idea of not really having a set purpose or destination in mind. I'm down with that, she said easily. She would gladly follow him around for as long as he would let her.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top