Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Right Down the Line

Evening Drizzle/Rain 43° F
02-24-2022, 11:47 PM
^^
If Hades had pressed her down it would have been impossible for her to push him off. For her to waste her precious reserves, the energy that she had left, to scramble away from him - Hades smirked, his eyes narrowing on her ruddy form as it went straight into his forest. “It's like you want to be caught, Tadpole.” Running into Winterheart was a fool's move, especially when the King himself was after you. Who knew it's depths better?

He gave her a few seconds. “-Three, four, five. You'd better not let me catch you,” He called it out after her before he gave chase. How many times had she scrambled up the staircase, set to push through his bedroom, into the study, only for him to catch a slender ankle at his desk and then - he growled. The memories blurred a bit, his jaws snapping as he pushed through the brambles and turned, pivoting as she did, only to goade her further.
^^

the staff team luvs u
02-25-2022, 12:12 AM
 Perhaps that was what she wanted.

She pressed herself, her exhausted body feeding off adrenaline, that familiar electric thrill coursing through her veins. Darting through gnarled trees and sodden leaf-litter, her tongue lolled, drunk on the rush. 

She felt a rumble by her flank, a snap of teeth and skittered away, turning sharply towards the heart of his territory. He was herding her further into his home. “And what do you plan to do once you've caught me?” She asked, the question tossed over her shoulder and into the wind.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Minthepixel.png]
Content Warning
02-25-2022, 12:29 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
^^Fuck you senseless, the baser part of his brain grit out but then he was almost appalled by the thought the moment it had entered his brain. This was....this was beyond what he had considered, and it wasn't right - but that didn't stop him from wanting. Wanting her, and it, and everything that they had ever shared....

“If you can escape my forest, you can keep your freedom. If not...” There were depths to the catacombs that had yet to be explored, places that others had left untouched and only he had explored at great lengths. There was the darker thrill of keeping her captive, but it went so far beyond anything that they had experienced like this.
^^

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
02-25-2022, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 12:42 AM by Minthe_thebitch.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
 A new kind of electricity jolted through her, pooling deep. 

Would she allow herself to play the part of his concubine? Would it be a debasement or an honor? The auburn she-wolf could not outrun the King - he'd known that from the start. He wanted this, and though he might rule these lands, there was power to be had in sparking desire. 

She skidded to a halt, stuck against a steep ravine too taxing for her tired limbs. Rounding, her tail curled at her side. She cooed through her breathlessness. “Will you keep me for yourself? To use when you want to?”

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
02-26-2022, 03:33 AM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
^^Even at the peak of her health in this form she couldn't have outrun him in his own forest. Not when he knew the depths of it in ways she never could have hoped to, not when his long legs would catch up with her. Minthe had always played this game, though, to push him past any real potential for holding himself back. Not when she knew how to play him just as surely as any instrument.

She managed to catch herself, sectioned off by a ravine where she had no options other than him. Hades smirked, even at the way she looked at him. “A mere toy.” He said almost conversationally. “You always loved that, didn't you Tadpole?” Although she might have protested and she might have struggled, wasn't that where she wanted to be?

^^

the staff team luvs u
02-26-2022, 03:44 AM
 Minthe had fallen into the hands of a ravenous king. Though familiar with his appetites, she couldn't help the small twist of fear that coiled tight in the base of her belly. There was power in provocation, but what good were such wiles if she could not tame the monster her own goading created?

She took a step back, pressing herself against the sheer rock. “Hades...what will your pack think? What will your queen think?”

the staff team luvs u
02-26-2022, 03:53 AM
^^There was the slightest break of her facade, not knowing the way that a year in this body might have affected him. He had been poised and just a hint under deranged when it came to himself but now? How was she to know? Maybe this form had given him the feral edge that years in the Underworld had softened. His claws dug into the earth as he held himself back, tongue dragging slowly across his toothy grin.

“Like you'd care.” Hades taunted, because hadn't Minthe already expressed just how little she thought of the Queen? Surely Persephone would see him as a tyrant - shameful, dirty, and weak. And he was all those things, wasn't he? “Do you think that they've forgotten who I am so quickly? They told stories of me, of me stealing their children away for my own amusement - how little will it change what they think of me to take you?”

^^

the staff team luvs u
02-26-2022, 03:59 AM
 It was a blow so low-aimed it left her reeling. As turbulent as their relationship was, he had always been the one to lead her away from her insecurities, a light post against the shadows of her self-loathing. Now he called her property. Now he called her nothing. A thing no one would miss.

Minthe launched herself at him, teeth snapping, scrabbling as she bit down hard against his scruff. Bastard.

the staff team luvs u
02-26-2022, 04:12 AM
^^
She had misunderstood him. It wasn't a mark on her - it was him. He was no better than the tyrant that stole from families and friends alike. He was a monster, the type that children feared and the type that would invoke other titles purely so that they didn't bring his wrath. He was feared by the mortals, detested by the immortals, it didn't matter what he did. So when she spun on him with all the fire in her, he braced for her attack, snarling.

There was of course the risk that they'd draw attention to themselves, but, he didn't think much of it at the moment. Instead, he whipped his head to try and grab her, pulling at her. “You're mine. He hissed it out, because hadn't she said it - no one else was so broken as to be a better match for each other.

^^

the staff team luvs u
02-26-2022, 04:25 AM
 Their size difference alone was enough to put her at a disadvantage. Weak, skeletal limbs clambered for purchase but there was none against the hulking King. She yelped when he grabbed her, his jaws pulling her down with enough force that her head cracked against the ground. 

Vision rimmed with black, she blinked up at the infamous god, trying and failing to get up, humiliated that all it had taken was a single blow. “Like father like son.”

the staff team luvs u
02-26-2022, 05:12 AM
^^
It was all it took for her to say it before he felt the shame rippled across him. Here she was, back on the ground before him, and he could only feel the spaces where her teeth had found purchase. They stung but nowhere near like her words did. Kronos had been told he would be overthrown, and if Rhea had managed to keep him from his father, maybe things would have been different. Maybe he would have been different.

Somewhere deep in his mind there was the cackling, venom-barbed laugh of the Mad Titan. You'll never escape me, Aidoneus.

“Lets see if you fair any better than I did in captivity.” He spat, the darkness near consuming in his eyes then.

^^

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top