Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
blood within the forest.

AW
Adventurer
Discovery
02-03-2022, 06:22 PM
The forest next door was dubbed as Ripperwood, she wasn't sure who coined the name or how the knowledge came to be.. But Desdemona realized she never truly visited it, despite the forest that could easily become a hunting ground. It gave off a murky feel, especially as the dread winter was bringing to a foggy era. The snowfalls were lessening, the skies remained into a gray and many of the wolves that held into Empyrean continued to stick out like sore thumbs. A reliance, on the more light-colored of them all. But, it wasn't the biggest struggle, and hunting continued onwards in peace as gradually the youngest of them all was also learning the ways.

She noticed one of the trees were oozing, and held a wariness if someone injured was around. Yet there was no smell of blood, and the lack of smell of any within this riparian forest. How unusual, she thought, coming closer as it looked like a claw mark but it wasn't exactly fresh, like a wolf passing by and stretched upon a tree. It oozed in red, smelled like the sap of any other tree..

Yet it was red.

How curious, she thought, looking closely at it.

the staff team luvs u
02-05-2022, 05:02 AM
the forest was quickly becoming home, though largely formed from necessity than by choice. the harsh winter storms fixed them in place, freezing them as it did the sap and bark of the bloody woods.

moir was used to the silence of the land, at least in comparison to their homeland, a bustling village of wolves coming to and fro, visiting their pack and their brothel. so they were attuned to lupine-noise, the familiar sniffles and and footfalls of a wolf.

they approached the sound warily, for it could very well be that monster of a wolf from before. they were pleased when it wasn't, though it was still a stranger. a half-familiar scent wafted from the wolf, indicating what their allegiance might be. “are you from the mountain?” they asked, wondering if they were correct.

the staff team luvs u

and i'm just mad about my afternoon teas,

they're quite informal i just do them to please.
Discovery
Adventurer
02-19-2022, 12:54 AM
She sniffed it, it smelled sweet like sap itself — and clearly was sap. Though a wonder, was this entire forest the same? Besides the unusual sickly blood that slipped from an occasional trunk, it was relatively regular and close to Empyrean lands. She thought to look closer at some of the trees, to gently remove some bark and spot.. Before it got closer to night, as the birds flew above the sky and chirped lightly, signing it's song of the day, and active as ever.

But she did not, turning to the sound of another approaching — and one came forward, a black male of purple eyes, reminding her too much of a infamous enemy of the Ostrega's not long ago. But they were not the same, for the other was a silent raven, and a female to the boot. Before her was a very tall male, he looked of someone of the shadows itself and spoke to her without a hostility.

"I am from Empyrean, of the nameless mountain," she said, her nose indicating to it's direction, as it was relatively nearby.

the staff team luvs u
02-19-2022, 05:14 PM
the wolf answered them curtly, without much rancor. moir hummed tonelessly, looking towards where she indicated. “empyrean...” they repeated, slowly as if they were tasting the syllables in their mouth. they snorted suddenly, shaking their head with a chuckle. “all this time and i didn't even know what you were called!” they laughed. “well then. i am moir. i've been living in this forest for some time now.”

the staff team luvs u

Adventurer
02-25-2022, 06:50 PM
She nodded a confirming that is where she is from. Though since he was living so close, it brought a question.. "Do you plan to claim these woods as your own?" she asked, with a neutral tone and not of accusations. She sought out for information, for someone who lived so close it was best to know of their intentions. She knew Hydra wanted to expand their lands, and would not be pleased if this wolf named Moir, planned to capture it as his own.

"I am Desdemona," she then added, slightly tipping her head in greeting.

the staff team luvs u
03-12-2022, 12:19 AM
the question was something they'd been considering for a while. the forest was a nice spot, beautiful and close to the river, but there was something unnerving about their close proximity to so many would-be and existing packs. moir wanted some distance. the better to create a place of neutral ground.

“i intend to remain here for a while, with my cousin and friend.” they answered instead. “how long has empyrean lived on the mountain?”

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top