Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
You know she's gonna burn down everything

Afternoon Snow
AW
Adventurer
11-27-2021, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 11:30 PM by Hothieriel. Edited 1 time in total.)
Backdating this to 11-23-2021  |   Heat day 3 of 4 |  Located here

^^
Another day had come and gone and she would continue to wander the frozen North spreading her scent for all to know that she was ready for a worthy partner this season. She'd piss here and there to leave a scent marker, rub her shoulders on logs and stones and just, in general, keep walking to leave a trail in her wake to gain as much attention as possible from any man she might deem worthy to come hither (but really does anyone impress her much at this point? Cue Shania Twain)

Where she was there were approximately three packs nearby... one where she would wander from one to the next, whereas yesterday was spent mostly just to leave as long of a trail between all three groups and lure in a few to pick from... would they fight for the right to mate with a lone woman? Who knows... some men were desperate enough to get their dicks wet that perhaps they would - if they didn't and would wander off at the first sight of a challenge... well, that was enough to prove they weren't worth her time either.

Today she spent most of the time pacing. Making a "whore den" or sorts and waiting impatiently to see if someone would follow her trails. In the meantime she dug through a few ground-dwelling dens, picking out a few morsels to eat and keep her own energy up.
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-28-2021, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 03:00 AM by Ragnar. Edited 1 time in total.)
Had to.

It was once before that a scent had brought these two together. This time it was not the flesh of an old kill which drew him, but the woman himself.

Between the stretch of rolling hills fitted with many a knook and cranny, her scent was rubbed upon many a thing. She was making a trail, drawing in the men from the borders of their packlands and towards the waiting Siren. Would she bite his head off? She had before.

As he draws nearer, he makes his prescene known by not trying to move quietly, stealthily. Sniffing the ground, his ice eyes draw over her red hues. Along the knolls he keeps at bay for now, awaiting to see if he would be met with fangs or snarky remark- or both.
the staff team luvs u
*Ragnar frequently has black feathers woven into his scruff, curiosity of his good friend, Krakarak.
11-28-2021, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 11:30 PM by Hothieriel. Edited 1 time in total.)
LOL! Welcome to the shit show! And the thread is still open for more to join if we wanna make this more chaotic. Just in case this becomes a fight too, I'm noting it here. Thalia would have 15/20 HP due to previous injuries.

^^
She really didn't have to wait for long for someone to come by. Even with her impatience, it felt like a lifetime and she was ready to move on to keep wandering. Her heat would only last for so long and if there were no biters here, she had to keep moving to see if someone worthy was elsewhere.

This time it was a familiar face. How weird. The past few encounters during her time of availability were nothing but strangers, even a woman was bold enough to approach her during this time where only a man could really do anything to satisfy. Taking in his approach, he was quiet unlike the rest... his scent was like that of the other man who had left a few marks on her skin from fighting him off after being rejected (the outcome of that is still uncertain so I will keep it vague but by rolls Thalia was victor).

And man was she glad she came out the victor in that one. She wasn't opposed to aborting an unwanted litter but it would be such a waste to let these days go simply by one lost fight and an unwanted male getting his way - assuming that was what was on his mind during the fight.“If I told you no as well, would you throw a tantrum just like your packmate did?” This time she tried a different approach. Seeing if she could tease him and get his temper going just like the last. The wounds on her skin and leg were still visible from the silvery giant she encountered of the same pack, and she brandished them proudly.
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-29-2021, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 03:15 AM by Ragnar.)
A woman wandering the lands during her heat was one thing, but rubbing on everything in sight to get the proper amount of attention was another. She wasn't just waiting out her heat, hoping soon for its end (as Sindri would likely do this year). No, the red head was searching for a suitor and Ragnar came like a moth to her very obvious flame.

“Oh?” His scarred brow lifted to her words, curious, but saying no more. The only other wolf in his ranks capable was @Ghidorah, so there wasn't any room for wondering who it had to be. A God turned wolf, Ghidorah was learning the very raw and primal nature of mortally in one speedy crash-course. Running into Thalia so early into his new life must have been a shit show. Ragnar honestly felt for the man now...

“You'd bait every man in the area to you, just to tell them 'no'? Ahh, such a tease.” He shook crown, a tisk-tisk clicking with the flick of his tongue, which shot out between parted jaws as he came nearer. “If it's a knight in shining armour you seek, perhaps seek elsewhere.” Ragnar suggested with a rolling of his shoulders. He could assure her, no such man lived around here.
the staff team luvs u
*Ragnar frequently has black feathers woven into his scruff, curiosity of his good friend, Krakarak.
11-29-2021, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 11:30 PM by Hothieriel. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
Neither would she mention more about his packmate who had come to answer the primal call just to be turned away. It was likely he already knew or didn't care, so she wouldn't waste her precious breath on such a matter. Maybe if she knew what the goliath thought himself she would have laughed at him as he ran from her gnashing teeth. To fight off a man who thought himself to be a God - what a treat that would have been! And yet she was none the wiser. 

“A tease?” She said with a little desirive tone to her voice. A little saucy shimmy of shoulders added just for the hell of it. “I'm a woman looking to become a mother and not raise just any loser's pups, I have that right to be picky after all, do I not?” With half-lidded eyes she gazed at the tall man. “With only one womb, one litter a year that takes up sooo much energy of mine, not to mention if it's not obvious, I have no pack so it'll be a lot of work... tell me why I should just let anyone plant their seen in my bountiful garden?”

Fuck she was talking more than usual but it didn't bother her that much this time. She had a lot to say. A point that had to be heard. Just because they came first to her call didn't mean that they would get it.
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-29-2021, 03:56 AM
“A tease and very emotional, I see.” The words murmur from his lips as he watches her. A tender subject, it seemed? His words he clearly struck something in her. She was not nessisarily a hot-mouthed woman looking for a good time with no fucks to give. No- Thalia showed a flaw in this instant. Her spit-fire words and bitey nature trying to hide just how much she really did give a fuck, even if she suggested otherwise.

Ragnar was different in this. He nessisarily did not care how he was precieved by others, but that he was at least known by them. And, more so, that his family would be known one day. Maybe she would assessed in this. Ragnar somehow doubted it. More trouble then it was worth, probably.

“Well,” He thought then, his chin tipping up, clearly letting what she had said swirl in his mind before just blurting out any kind of half-ass response. “I would consider finding a pack then, for you and your children's safety.” If she wanted to be a good mother, not just a mother, she might consider this. He did not think she would give a damn about his advice. She had not wanted saving from him their last visit and she did not think she would allow him to give it now. “Perhaps find a suitor in a pack who could offer you shelter for you and your to-be litter?”

Ragnar shrugs, then, nonchalantly. “As far as being picky is considered, I've no intention on having my pups struggle as rogues.” Hell, even pack life was hard in the winter and here, in the north. Even if he were not mates with those he bred with, they would at least be within his pack or within another, where his pups held a far higher chance of survival. “I want my family to grow strong, proud and known as Stormborn- whether loved or feared. Not doomed to failure as some basterd with no name.” Maybe he was talking too much now too. But despite all Ragnar's faults, whorish he were, he loved his children and the promise of its future.
the staff team luvs u
11-29-2021, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 11:31 PM by Hothieriel. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
“And who are you to tell me what to do?” Lips curled at his suggestion of finding a pack just so she can get fucked and raise some pitiful family and let any guy water her garden - or so that is what she heard from him without those exact words. “Just because I won't let just about any man impregnate me for some weak ass children barely worth my time, doesn't mean I'll settle down in just any pack to do so. Nor that I won't try when my time comes.” He must think he was so clever with that suggestion - and yet all it did was piss her off.

What she did with her own body and time was her business after all and none of his to stick his long-ass nose into.

Thalia knew she could raise a couple of crotch goblins on her own, they just had to have the right father to make it worth her time and effort to do so without her wanting to eat them.

“Yet you come fluttering by like a moth to a flame. Get lost then, you're wasting my time.” Just like that her decision on him was made. Fuck off.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-30-2021, 04:47 PM
Ragnar couldn't help the rolling of ice eyes at her first questioning. Despite him trying to act civilly, responding only to what she had stated, the woman before him twisted his words to make it as though he was trying to control her. Whatever issues it was she was having, daddy issues, woman rights feminism or otherwise, it was not something Ragnar wished to waste his time with.

Ragnar began to think of how difficult and unsettling it would be to have his pups within her womb, or any of Northfall for that matter. She was unagreeable, disrespectful and well, a flat out bitch and not the fun kind like @Valmúa had been at least. No, Ragnar was realizing as yet another second interaction gone sour, she was not worth his time.

Before she was even finished with her verbal assault, Ragnar was turning to leave. Maybe the quicker he did so, the quicker she would be gone too.
the staff team luvs u
01-24-2022, 11:34 PM
And like that, without another word the man was off. Just like all the others before him.

A failure. A loser.

A man who thought his johnson was good enough for any woman who was in heat to bow to and beg for his seed. He was as much of a loser as the rest. Defeated by mere words and choosing to wander off without another utterance.

With a sharp grimace, she watched him walk off with an air of victory about her. Head held high above her shoulders and tail flung proudly over her hips.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top