Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
give me lovers

11-28-2021, 09:00 PM
The blond boy padded up, empty-handed, and Nico's eyes widened in surprise. Huh. So it seemed fate did have other things in store for them today. The wolfdog's tail swept behind him and he offered the other boy a small smile. 

"Bad day for hunting, it seems," he told him, nudging at the rabbit with one paw. It was really pitiful, if he was being honest, but he was kind of happy about being able to have someone around to share it with. Especially someone so pretty and tall. 

He cleared his throat and tilted his head to the side, raising an eyebrow. "Now, I do believe you owe me a date, sir," he drawled, tone light and playful. "We can split it."
the staff team luvs u
11-28-2021, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 10:31 PM by Daighre.)
He stared.

For one second, then the next.

Blood moving, thumping, humming, distant in his ears, until—

“Bullshit.” He barked. Spat.

The rest of whatever he was trying to fucking say lost over the din inside his own head.

Stomping, stalking, forward.

“You fucking cheated.”

Right?

Right?

Because how fucking else would he find no rabbits at fucking all, while fucking fatass over there just so happened to catch one?

And then—

“You fucking planned this.”

It was all fucking wrong from the start.

the staff team luvs u
11-29-2021, 12:56 AM
Nicolo's brows drew together in concern when the blond started cursing and approaching him. He frowned at the accusation, unsure of how the hell he'd possibly have been capable of rigging this situation in his favor. 

But he didn't want to insult the other boy, so he decided to go another route. 

"If I'd planned this, I woulda made sure I brought back more than this skinny little rabbit," Nicolo reassured, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm kinda hungry, myself, so I'd rather eat more than this. I'm not even that good at hunting, to be honest." Which was true - he didn't usually need to hunt, so... he struggled in that department. 

"Tell ya what. If you really don't wanna eat with me, that's fine. Instead, could I have your name?" he asked, tilting his head to the side with a small smile. He didn't really wanna torture the guy, so... if he really wanted to go, he could.
the staff team luvs u
11-29-2021, 01:52 AM
Fucking bullshit, he hadn’t fucking rigged it.

But—

“Whatever.” He huffed.

All hunched, curling defensive shoulders and eyes that looked anywhere but forward. And because he wasn’t a fucking little bitch, and a bet was a bet—

“Daighre.” He grunted.

Sitting.

Distant and as stiff and pleasant as a board.

the staff team luvs u
11-29-2021, 01:57 AM
Oh, he didn't run away. That was nice.

"Daighre," he repeated, humming softly afterward. "That's a nice name." And it was. Kind of lyrical and soft - it was a bit too soft for the abrasiveness of the other boy's personality, but that was fine. It was cute.

He'd already said his name before, but he should probably remind him. "I'm Nico. It's nice to meet you." Which was a bit of a stretch, but this Daighre fella was tall and blond and handsome, so he'd take what he could get for the time being. 

And, because he liked pushing his luck, Nico sat down as well, nudging the rabbit over to the other boy to wait for him to take the first bite.
the staff team luvs u
11-29-2021, 02:41 AM
He grunted.

Ears pressed back as he thoroughly ignored Nicole’s—Neko’s? Rico’s?—bullshit in favour of taking the first bite of a rabbit he had no fucking interest in even eating. A paw on its body and his jaws coming to clamp down around a back leg, head shaking, pulling, as the bones started to pop and crack.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top