Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
I think about you day and night, it's only right

Evening
Group Only
Vanderfell Woods
Misc Skill
11-14-2021, 12:21 AM
 He ranged the tundra, high and low, just like he'd done all of his life. Except this time, he'd carried himself further south and east. As a younger bear, he'd kept himself to his snowy peaks and vast wilderness covered in snow. this time, he allowed himself the curiosity to venture southward rather than keeping himself to the standard of the north. He'd only let himself be ruled by his anger and aggression and his drive to survive, now he felt something softer rising within himself. Curiosity, the drive to know more rather than the drive to destroy. 

It was what lead him towards the warmer climates, towards the mountains that held not snow but rock instead. Where the trees were not so swept by the blizzards, where the animals did not have to hunker down for the white-out conditions of the harsh tundra. It was here that he found himself, where there were cliffs all around and where he had to tread carefully. 

His weathered face turned downwards at the trail around him, eyeing and sniffing the ground so that he did not make a wrong move as the snow still clung a bit from the split of the different climates. He could smell that there were wolves here but he couldn't quite tell their border marks. The ways of the wolf still eluded him, in years past there had been no wolves but now they were popping up all around. Building their packs and living their lives. It intrigued him and he wanted to make a good impression on his many wolven neighbors for why make enemies when you could make allies? 

He would stop where he stood, on a patch of ground in between the vast mountains. It was relatively safe here and hopefully he wasn't trespassing. He would be respectful of those that lived here. He reclined back on his haunches, sitting down and resting as he'd come many a mile to get here. His old paws were sore and his worn face would crease into a relieved sigh as he relaxed his body. He'd raise a huge paw upwards to scratch at his chest with his eyes closed in clear bliss while he waited for the wolves to show. There was no rush, while he sat, he could recover himself a bit.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: deve50g-63ea11b5-eb48-4527-800d-5e485a56...OPfa-MLat4]
11-14-2021, 12:42 AM
^^
He'd wander the borders before returning to the den to check on Ira and the kids. So far so good as things remained rather peaceful on this side of the mountains. Further North it sounded like things finally settled for now... no more injuries to report, no more missing wolves, perhaps finally they could rest and re-cooperate after such a long and arduous ordeal. Hieronymous could only hope that didn't mean it was Vanderfell's turn next for the hardships to come...

With that thought in mind, his heart sank at the sight of the massive creature just sitting somewhere near his route - near their borders of all things. It was massive, he swallowed nervously at the sight. Peaceful looking as it just sat there, mindlessly scratching itself. Then again... he too would be that nonchalant and peaceful if he were that big and scary looking. Who in their right mind would come to bother them?

But that was all they were doing... just sitting there, minding their own business. For now, there was no need to sound the alarm, to bring everyone to come and instigate this creature as they had with the mother bear.

Gathering up the courage, he painted a smile onto his face and strode forward with a prideful, friendly stride. “I have seen large creatures before but none quite as impressive as you!” He'd hope his friendly tone would keep things pleasant... Hieronymous would not get too close but just enough so that they can talk without yelling at a distance.
^^
the staff team luvs u
— Hiero has a dull sense of smell, it will affect how I play him and how he acts in threads
Misc Skill
11-14-2021, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 11:21 PM by Thraximundar. Edited 1 time in total.)
 Had he dozed off? After he finished scratching himself, his large paw had landed back on the ground but his eyes didn't open. Instead his head seemed to tilt forward a bit, breath slowing to deep inhales and peaceful exhales. A rumbling sound had just started to come with each exhale when-- “I have seen large creatures before--" Hu--? He gave a start, eyes opening at the sudden voice in front of him. Oh! He wasn't alone anymore! The wolves had shown up! Well, wolf singular.

The large beast opened his mouth in a cavernous yawn as he blinked, gathered his wits, and tried to replay what he'd heard upon awakening. "Eh? Huh?" It took him a bit longer nowadays to gather himself back together after a nap. "Oh! Haha!" He thought about standing up but figured it wouldn't even be worth the trouble. This was one wolf and as friendly as he looked, he doubted he was offending anyone by sitting here. Besides, it wasn't as if he was afraid of being attacked, either. He was confident enough that he'd be able to hold a whole pack of the little guys off if he felt like it. "I assume you've never seen a polar bear before, young man? I'm no impressive specimen!" Okay, he was one of the more impressive specimens for his size. Quite on the large end of the spectrum but he was being modest, despite the fact that the wolf had flattered him a bit. He liked hearing all of those compliments about his size and prowess. It tickled some long-gone war-mongering part of his psyche. "My name's Thraximundar, from the far reaches of the northern tundra." His terrifying face broke out into a grin, brightening his war-torn features as he looked at the patched wolf with kind eyes. "What of yourself, then, lad? Where have I ended up? I was hoping to find a place of wolves. Could you tell me if I've found the right spot or if my old nose has lied to me?" The older he got, the less sharp his nose was at smelling things. He knew this was wolven land but he didn't know if it was claimed wolven land or if he'd wandered onto a spot that they just frequented.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
11-15-2021, 08:54 PM
Orlaith wasn't fond of.. Bears. Though memories seem so vague she knew a few times of the interaction with them wasn't truly pleasant. Some part of her remembered something about a bear before arriving to what was now Vanderfell Woods.. Though when she tried to think of that moment, only a headache would rise with an unease of frustration to follow. She was wary whenever there seemed to be any inkling like that of a bear, and was thorough to check whether it was them or not.. Especially now that the High Queen was with kids — she was prowling through the slopes with wide-eyes of cautiousness, much unlike the warrior who would fly down in a rage.

Bears were not something to fuck with.

It brought her a scare when she saw the King with a white one, and he looked all dandy and fine.. A race toward, like she was about to fling her body in cover from the rage it was — but instead she stopped right behind him in a still movement of what looked to be a frozen run, for it spoke. It sounded friendly.

That wasn't a bear she knew of, then.. What was it? A polar bear?

the staff team luvs u
11-18-2021, 12:18 AM
^^
“A... polar bear?” He paused, tilting his head as if it would help him figure out what that was. He supposed it was the specimen sitting right in front of him but man, he was like a beast of legends by sheer size alone. Even the large feline in the tundra would have a hard time against this thing. “I don't believe I have.” and the way the bear said he was not impressive for his species was even more worrysome. How much bigger could they get than this!?

Well. At least he seemed friendly.

Even through the scars, it was quite evident that his smile was genuine, which in turn brought one on the High King's face as well. “Hieronymous Boesch.” With a quick polite bow given, he'd return to meet the silver gaze of the man who now called himself Thraximundar... ThraxEeeMunDar. Hiero put in some extra effort in remembering this name, not wanting to insult the friendly giant and well wind up on his less friendly side.

Before Hieronymous could reply any further a figure came darting down from the mountain toward their visitor. The sound caught his attention first, the drumming of paws which immediately caused the High King's head to turn on a swivel and in an almost panicked, wide-eyed stare, he eyed down Orlaith as she came to a thankful stop. He'd gaze at her for a moment, trying to hide his fear that she might have blown this whole thing up with her intense entry. With a deep breath, he steadied himself. “At ease Orlaith, Traximundar is just here to greet us.” Hiero would only turn his gaze back to the polar bear as soon as he felt himself calm down to not come off fearful that Orlaith might have enraged him with a threatening entrance.

“Your nose doesn't fail you great Polar Bear! We are indeed a pack, we call ourselves Vanderfell Woods and this part of the mountain we call it Fate Summit, this is our home. Why do you seek our kind?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
— Hiero has a dull sense of smell, it will affect how I play him and how he acts in threads
Misc Skill
11-18-2021, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 11:20 PM by Thraximundar. Edited 2 times in total.)
 "Mmmhmm." The friendly man rumbled in reply to the brown and cream wolf's clear puzzlement about his species. He couldn't really provide much else, save for just being there. Exposure was the best way to help the man out with learning what sort of bear he was anyway. "Today's your lucky day then!" The old bear rumbled with a laugh. Or perhaps it was unlucky, some wolves would think so, the more timid ones. He couldn't rightly blame them; he did look fairly intimidating and mean on first glance. It was how he used to be and it sort of stuck. 

What a polite fellow! He appreciated that, showing proper respect and kindness to his elders. "A pleasure to meet you, Mister Hieronymous. A nice name, that, does it mean anything?" He asked curiously, he was always ready to learn something new. The reason he was here, primarily. 

Oh? What was that? Another visitor? 

The newcomer was swathed in furs of blacks and creams and orange. Boy, she was coming down awful fast at him. As if she were prepared for a fight! He didn't even move. Just sat there without flinching, if she wanted to throw herself at him, let her. He'd dispatch of her easily, if it came down to it. Though, he would be loath to actually cause harm to any of dear Hieronymous' fellows. He was such a kind lad. 

It didn't come down to it, fortunately, the woman stayed herself behind the first wolf and he just continued to sit there on his bear bottom with his kind eyes. "Oh yes, quite. Not here to cause any trouble, Miss Orlaith. Apologies if I might have worried you for a moment." Really, if it was any issue, he'd be happy to trundle along on his merry way if asked. He didn't want to cause any undue harm while he was here. 

He was quite unoffended. 

Ah, "great" polar bear, now that was a way to tickle his ego a bit. Keep going with that and he just might not leave, ha! 

Vanderfell Woods in Fate's Summit. He nodded his head, storing the information. "Would you be offended if I said it was curiosity?" He surely hoped not. "I've noticed an uptick in wolves in the past few seasons," 'Uptick', there hadn't been any before and all of a sudden, they were showing up snow falling in the wind. "I've lived in the tundra my entire life and have seen nary hide nor hair of you fellows. Now that you are here, well, I just wanted to learn a bit more. There was always tales and legends, you see, but no polar bear --that I've known-- has ever actually talked to one of you before." Maybe he could go around, visit the packs and see who lived where to sate his own curiosity. He loved knowing what was going on here and there. When he was younger it was for necessity, now it was just a hobby.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
11-18-2021, 01:20 AM
She was guarded — they both talked with such an ease and tried to reassure her, but she was like a cat in battle. Her fur upright and tall as tail brushed angerly behind, as if she was ready to go forth. Though, it would be a losing battle — but all for the sake of protecting another, especially a Vanderfell wolf, she was always willing to give her own life for that momentum. Dramatic as it was, she was loyal to the boot even against all odds. Forested eyes kept gazing at the beast — for he seemed far larger then the grizzly bears that plagued her mind. Bright as the snow itself, it would never be missed within the forests below, but perhaps hidden in the slight snowy peaks. Her tail continued to thrash but slightly calmed as she adjusted from her running position and stood upright. She stood behind Hiero, a huff in acknowledgement. 

There was too many beasts that spoke of her tongue, "Are you friends with the other wolfspeak bear?" She could not help but ask, as the vague memory of the mother bear who sought their mountains and met the Queen.. Different colors though, but it was rare to find any non-canines to speak the same language. For surely they knew each other — Orlaith couldn't imagine it was all but one big coincidence, for that unsettled the fireclad woman. 

Too many bears that could turn their backs and attack them.

the staff team luvs u
Entertainer
11-21-2021, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 08:24 PM by Hieronymous. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
His tail swung loosely with a gentle movement in response to the friendly bear. He was no fool and wouldn't be lulled into a sense of security around it, but at least he didn't feel any need to be defensive or guarded around it... unlike Orlaith. Who's huff and pure electricity vibrating off of her from behind him was enough to make the High King desire to turn around and send her off here and now. It wasn't the bear that was putting him on edge, but it was his packmate and her on edge attitude that made him more stiff than Hieronymous would have liked.

“My mother told me once it was... uhh.” Trying to focus more on the bear than Orlaith's "bad vibes", he took a seat and tapped his chin with a single toe while trying to rack his brain over what she had said all those years ago. “Apparently something along the lines of "sacred name". Although I can't seem to remember where she said it comes from.” Twisting his head up and to the side like some curious pup trying to understand their human owner - simply by the huge size difference between himself and the great tundra bear. “What about Thraximundar? Does it have some kind of meaning to it as well?”

He wouldn't have questioned the bear if he was being honest. The question asked was nothing but simple, harmless curiosity. Nothing that none of them didn't feel over the past few months as they tried to figure out what in the world had happened to them after being brought here from a previous life with no recollection of how, when or why. Orlaith on the other hand, spoke up. He only offered a flick of his ear before moving on from that topic she brought up, choosing to reply to Thraximundar's own previous one instead. He would only pause long enough to give the scar-faced bear time to answer Orlaith.

“That's... quite curious you mention that.” So there were few if any wolves at all before they all appeared earlier winter of last year. “I can't... quite answer that truthfully, but I did come up with a few speculations of my own since my time here starting last winter.” He would gladly leave that as the bear's answer if he didn't want to hear something long-winded. For now he paused, waiting to see where Thraximundar wanted to go from here.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
11-21-2021, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 11:20 PM by Thraximundar. Edited 1 time in total.)
 The warrior behind the painted man was still electric in her tense air, ready to pounce at any given moment. Admirable, a strong warrior it seemed and something to be respected. He could always respect warriors and their resolve; it probably came from the fact that he had been one once before so that soft spot remained. 

His attention would shift to Hieronymous, listening as he spoke the meaning of his name. Sacred name. "Ah, how interesting!" He rumbled in his deep voice, nodding to himself as he took that down in his mental tome. He wondered if he could think of anything that would shed light on the origins of such a name. He began to scratch at his chin thoughtfully, seeming to become distracted until the question was reflected back on him. "Huh? Oh, my name?" He seemed to become a bit embarrassed as he realized he opened himself up to that line of questioning. "It means 'he who paints the earth red'." A rather violent meaning to a name, he was quite aware of that fact. "Polar bear culture can be quite violent in some regards, especially for a young boar who must fight often." He knew his mother couldn't have known how fitting his name would be once he'd grown up and left the nest but it had been a wish for him to excel. "Although I'm much happier now to sit and prattle on to those who wish to listen. I've seen many things and heard many stories in my day, I only wish to learn more and share nowadays." His reassurance to the other man and woman that he had no want to cause any harm. 

The woman behind the other man spoke then and he seemed surprised though curious at her words. "Which 'wolfspeak bear', young miss? There are many who know the Common Tongue." It would help to have it narrowed down a tad so that he could possibly find their mutual acquaintance. 

When Hieronymous moved the conversation forward, his attention shifted back to the fellow. Ah, so no mass exodus that this one knew of. Perhaps he and his pack alone were exempt from it, or perhaps there was some other overarching mystery here. Regardless, he was more than happy to talk about it all day long if the man would have him. "Would you mind sharing those speculations, lad? I do enjoy a good mystery and a good theory." If he was able to, he'd likely have set up a table with tea for them all to sip. The large boar was all ears for as long as the wolf wanted the floor.

the staff team luvs u
11-22-2021, 07:45 PM
Weird — too weird. They were talking like normal pack mates despite a beast before. Information thrown that she did not know, such as a 'polar bear,' which seemed to be difference than the bears she knew of. Were they more rough as he stated? Was it just their pure white pelts s difference? She couldn't deny a curiosity, and yet couldn't dare ask all these questions and act like it was all normal, even if she did manage to keep a rather stoic face — it was obvious she was wary, cautious, and wasn't sure to trust further notice. Though she didn't want to leave the King in case the bear turned on him, for not many could survive alone to it's attack.

She was also curious about names.. For Orlaith couldn't even remember her own's meaning, nor' who gave it to her. Memories were faded, family had been gone, and all she could really remember is the name 'Orlaith,' and vaguely being with a previous pack Ira had momentarily ran, before it all seemed to fade like dust. She didn't know her own, but she frowned from his. It was violent, and he commented on their culture.. 

Though she came back to senses, "There was a family of white and brown bears that visited," she thinks.. Couldn't remember if that was all their colors, nor' their names. It stickled on her tongue as the pronunciation did not come, as even Thraximundar, felt like a tongue twister. Trying to pronounce Hiero's as well was something she rarely tried to do, and cut his name short often. Though now it brought a question if that was appropriate anymore, now a crown sat on his head.. Could she even call Ira by her name?

Orlaith was not a fan of these customs.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
11-22-2021, 08:38 PM
^^
There was too much happening here and now. Orlaith's defensive attitude while hovering behind him right now didn't help either. He tried to focus on the polar bear and what he was saying - and yet Orlaith kept stepping in with her own derailment of it all. It irked him. For a man who was mostly about floating through life without a care and a smile on his face, he was getting low on patience.

It didn't help that the bear's name in his culture meant "paint the earth red". The High King really wanted to remain on the bear's good side. Even if Orlaith was here to help should things turn sour, they could easily both have their final cards punched with one swing of those paws. They would need the whole pack if things went bad and that was not a risk Hieronymous wanted to do with children now a part of the equation. They didn't deserve to be orphans when a fight was easily avoided by how friendly this bear was.

“Orlaith... Will you please be quiet or tend to the borders?” He shot a glance over his shoulder to the larger woman. The usual glimmering charm faded as he took a more serious tone here and now. And he would keep his gaze onto her, quietly watching, daring for her to step out of line here and now.

Unfortunately Thraximundar would have to wait and the High King would certainly apologize for it all later once things settled into a pleasant conversation again and less of an interrogation. “We don't need to interrogate every bear that wanders to our borders.” With furrowed brows he made his point. Thraximundar here didn't even cross their borders unlike the mother and her children... so why was he being treated similarly when the polar-man respected their customs?
^^
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
11-23-2021, 03:37 AM
 He was no fool to miss the tenseness that remained with the warrioress behind the first man, he also could tell when the other was losing his patience. Not at him, mind, but at the fellow packmate. Thraximundar took no offense to the other's suspicious nature, it was only natural when confronted by someone of such a huge size difference. Although it amused him that Hieronymous was the one to get offended on his behalf. He was quick to tell the other wolf to be quiet and it was then that he realized that this must be someone in a powerful position within their pack. Perhaps a general or some sort of king. 

Still, he didn't want anyone getting in trouble because of him. 

"If I may interject," He didn't want to disrespect the other's authority but he also didn't want the other to feel any sort of soreness because of himself. The last thing he wanted to do was cause problems. "Orlaith is not offending me in any capacity, if that is your fear. If I were in her paws, I might be skeptical too if someone of my size lumbered through for no rhyme or reason." He said with a pleasant apologetic smile. Hopefully this wouldn't be any great offense to either of them. If he was set to guard someone in his younger years, then he might be as on edge as Orlaith was. 

He thought then, to what had actually been said. A family of white and brown bears? Polar bears and their southern cousins... grizzlies? Was that the name? He'd never heard of their kind really intermingling all that much... Although there were rumors that some polar bears and grizzlies ended up becoming mates. He didn't say as much though, realizing that Hieronymous might not want to divulge that particular topic much longer since the warrior was the one bringing it up. He'd said his piece and would let them decide their outcome without further influence from himself.

the staff team luvs u
11-24-2021, 02:55 AM
A stare was given at Hiero, finding it.. She wasn't really sure what she did wrong. She thought it was appropriate to protect him — to help beside if the mess turned wrong. She as well simply answered questions to what the bear asked, and as well communicated. Though an guarded stance, she thought it wasn't aggressive immediately, as many other times the warrior would fight rather then converse. With the King peacefully doing so, she had refrained..

Yet that it seemed it wasn't enough to appease them. Orlaith felt she was wronged, though a torn face wasn't shown, just a silent narrowing look at the 'King.'

She felt disrespected, "Very well. I know when I am not wanted." Though the bear interjected, she gave him a subtle nod before turning away from the two. Orlaith felt that as he gained the crown, he also gained an ego — and she couldn't determine whether he deserved it so. Though had placed a hope to the High Queen she saw something that warrior did not, and yet.. As time went on it seemed only but an unknown history would repeat, where the two would welcome a storm between their relationship.

A sour taste held onto her tongue as Orlaith walked away. A small tantrum, though even she was smart enough not to do that in front of a bear. Only but a lashing of tongue was given before her departure.

exit unless stopped!

the staff team luvs u
11-25-2021, 01:31 AM
^^
He was certain he would hear of this later from Orlaith, but later was much better than letting her intensity risk riling up the bear. To excite him or put the creature on the defensive as opposed to the laid back attitude he had now. The fact was that they didn't know this bear... how much his patience could take and Orlaith as well has a certain attitude to her he just couldn't trust right now with what he saw as a precarious moment.

It was she who came running down and stopped short of charging.

Who asked about other bears who spoke common tongue.

Who stood guard as opposed to relaxing and watching.

Even if she had remained further behind and waited... watching quietly from the rocks and trees, that would have been much better than an intimidating sentinel at his heels. Turning his attention back to the Polar Bear, he wasn't without feeling bad for Orlaith by sending her away... but he still felt it was for the better.

“You're very kind.” He sighed, feeling a certain weight lift off his shoulders and took a moment to breathe before looking back up at his companion's features. “We had bears here earlier this year as well, a mother and her cubs. That too was a stressful meeting... I just can't risk it. Hopefully you understand.” Perhaps Ira would have appreciated Orlaith's approach more than he did, Ira was the rougher of the two of them anyway, while Hieronymous preferred a gentler approach. He always found honey was easier to use than vinegar when getting what they wanted.

But he was not Ira, and the sooner Orlaith realized that the better. They never really got along this year, only chatting every now and then and this might not help... “Did you still want to hear my theories?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
11-28-2021, 06:20 PM
 He could see the upset and offense very clearly from where he sat. Interpack dynamics were likely just like any other social structure that he'd seen with bears, feelings could be hurt easily and misunderstandings could bring down an entire nation. He hoped negative feelings wouldn't fester between the packmates and that after this, they would be able to work everything out to keep their pack running well. Still, it was not his place to say and he wouldn't risk offending either of them further. He let things play out as the warrioress took her leave of them. He would return a nod of farewell and watch for a moment as she receded into the background. 

His gaze returned to the man when he spoke again and he felt flattered. "I would just rather spread kindness than vitriol and pain." He felt it was a bit of common decency. You got what you gave and all of that. It was something he had learned towards the end of his reign in the north. It was something that he felt that he should have learned earlier. Just because he was a big bear and able to bully and threaten to get what he wanted, well, that didn't mean that he should

"Ah yes, a mother bear's temper is legendary, especially when cubs are involved." He said with an understanding nod of his head. He could see how the hot-headed warrior might set off the temper of a mother bear with her cubs. One wrong word and things could escalate quite quickly. "One errant word can easily cause a cascade of snow. I understand, Hieronymous." Ah, an old polar bear quote, seemed to fit the situation. 

He did hope that everything in that meeting had gone well though, even if it was stressful. Or perhaps it hadn't? He had no real way to tell beyond the shortness with which he was dealt with Orlaith... but that could just be her manner especially when someone like him was involved. His curiosity was piqued but he would not question further unless it was offered to him. He didn't want to turn from a visitor into a nuisance!

He was knocked from his thoughts when Hieronymous offered to share his theories again. To which, one could see the instant curiosity and excitement on the old bear's face. "Oh! Oh, of course, lad. By all means," And he made a gesture with one of his massive forepaws that clearly meant "proceed". His other forepaw was tucked under his chin, clearly listening very intently as he gave the wolf the stage.

the staff team luvs u
Entertainer
03-07-2022, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2022, 02:13 AM by Hieronymous. Edited 1 time in total.)
Hopefully someday they could get a hold of Orlaith's attitude and fiery personality, harness it for something more than causing trouble among other members of the pack and those she meets at the border. They didn't need someone causing friction over small things, over peaceful encounters if she could just learn to approach with a gentler side than what she currently was. “I believe the same, I have had enough of strife.” Even this new place wasn't without its imperfections, as much as he tried to enjoy this new life of theirs, tragedies were always looming in the near distance. “Thank you, Thraximundar.”

With a nod the topic would change. Away from Orlaith's thundering entrance and ember exit with the threat to burn Hieronymous later if he wasn't careful with his future approach.

“I have spoken with a few individuals since I woke up here in lands I have never seen before. I have travelled a lot in my younger years, and none of what I see is familiar. I have met strangers with the same realization. All of us have to scramble and make a home for ourselves.” He thought back to how happy he was seeing Ira, someone he was somehow familiar with one second after just moments ago having no recollection of her.

“Some have spoken of drowning, of blood, pain, as sights and sensations they felt prior to waking up here. I too remember feeling incredibly cold. Each can be associated with a form of death, of dying once more. I've seen wolves fall from the skies and land without injury - as if dropped from elsewhere.” His gaze wandered away from the polar bear, toward the skies where he saw one girl fall and land in Vanderfell just months ago. She too, Orlaith was cruel to.

“I believe all of us have died prior to coming here. That this is our second life.”

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
03-10-2022, 04:17 AM
 Woke up here. Never seen these lands. It tracked with what he thought of them just all of a sudden appearing. Good to know his old brain wasn't fooling or that wolves had been around just hidden. "How very strange... And unsettling to imagine..." He mused to himself, mostly, as he listened to Hieronymous' observations of the subject. It became even stranger when the man spoke further about them "dying" and coming here. Now that was something out of a fable! Like a story come to life... 

And yet he didn't doubt it. 

He closed his eyes briefly, his heavy brows coming together in a furrow as he pondered over the young man's words. A great ponderous "hmmm" rumbled out of his throat. "But what of those who die while they are here? If this is a sort of afterlife. Do you think it is an afterlife just for wolves? I and my kin were born here, unless we were from previous lives as well. Just reincarnated." Now that was an intriguing theory. A second life for all, in a way. "Do you all remember your lives before?" He asked, curiously.

the staff team luvs u
Entertainer
03-12-2022, 02:26 AM
“Very much so.” Some seem to take it better than others as well. Some were panicked, while others, like himself, just woke up like it was any other morning. Confused, but not panicked by any means.

“That I don't know.” He chuckled nervously, shrugging all the while pondering the rest to answer. “I have yet to meet a true revenant.” One who dies in this world and reappears. That would be the true end all to his answers and theory, or lead to more questions left unspoken.

“I do not, I remember waking up feeling incomplete until I met the woman who would become my wife a few months later. As though I knew of her before but only remembered once I saw her.” And with how strongly he felt for her, how could he have ever forgotten unless there was a very good reason for it? “Some of my pack seem to recognize one another from a time prior. So it seems to vary.”

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top