Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
God’s cry and goat’s god’s goodbye

Early Morning Overcast
AW
Visionary
11-10-2021, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2021, 04:34 AM by Mine. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Adding skill tag )
The sensation of being on the razor edge of sleep. Of that lukewarm shift from awake to resting, where one's consciousness was both there and not in some sort of tug of spiritual war.

And then the cut of Her claws, tearing her back into reality down to the thing's bones. Like being unmade and wound back together again with all the pain of that first forgotten birth. This went far beyond being shaken from a falling sensation in sleep, it was like learning to breathe and be again. Relearning to exist within a split second before she hit the ground.

When she did, it smacked the wind from her gut and left the small canid gasping soundless at nothing as her body and mind sought to level with each other again.

When she could breathe again, Mine became aware of how sore her side felt. Had she fallen? But where where? Above she could see rocky mountain reaching high up into the side, but she could not have fallen from it. That would have caused more than a bruised side. And furthermore...where was she?

Even the color or the stone was different, not by much but that familiar granular marbling of white through the mountainside was missing. The air was crisp mountain air, but it was not Her mountain. This was not right, she was not where she should be.

Moving slowly onto her belly the pale furred thing let her eyes rove across the area, taking in the scenery with clearing eyes. Yes...no, it was all wrong.

Closing her eyes, Mine inhaled shakily and let soft words flow from her lips just low enough to hear and know they were hers and not the wind.

"The silent forest knows fear, fear is the ultimate gift. To fear is to see the final shadow, to evade it another day. To come home to Her, to safety."

Licking her dry lips, Mine bowed her head and continued now feeling more steadied. "What is Mine, is Hers. Praise be."

And then she retched onto the pebbles below her.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
11-10-2021, 10:15 PM
lovely character!

Miriam was but a traveler through the mountains, nomadic in life and so, she didn't want to stay in place too long. A curiosity, as herself wandered through and felt reluctant to return to the heights at times, but always found herself going back to the rest. They could not move onto her whim just yet, for Annika held children to her teats that were unable to move. At least Miriam found time to peacefully explore around, with a love of muse of the terrian. Muscles adjusting to such ways, she was growing firmer, more ripe to beauty.

A sound wisped out, unfamiliar in voice and yet sounded holy, and peaceful. She would thought perhaps it was someone from the Orchid muttering words of the Priestess and their Goddess but surely not — for in the end they were unfamiliar, voice and in phrase. A curious approach of so, to see a lovely woman in the distance.. Only for her to puke to the floor below. Miriam approached softly, a worry in her face, "Are you alright?"

the staff team luvs u
11-10-2021, 11:54 PM
aw, thank you

For a breath she thought it was Her, come to take her back to where she belonged and away from this new unknown. But just as soon as Mine looked up at what she realized was a stranger, the illusion was shattered.

A lady painted through with gentle dove grays and silver, too many shades darker to be Her and lacking the warmth of Her red eyes. This was someone as much a stranger to her as this mountain was. At least she sounded calm and unangry about her presence.

Hopefully this was not pack territory, or if it was then she prayed it was one of the more pacifistic types.

"She is alright," Mine replied lightly as she lifted her head away from the sour scent of bile. "And apologizes for the mess, it is unsightly and will not happen again."

Turning to fully face the other wolf and sit, Mine dipped her head in apology. She kept her eyes downcast as she spoke, counting stones at her paws without truly tallying them up. "She seeks permission to ask a question?"
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
11-11-2021, 02:21 AM
Unusual wolf she so deducted, they spoke in a third-person tongue that Miriam wasn't completely unfamiliar with yet thrown a bit off guard. A curious look at the other, for not many would do so, and there was always.. Something on why. She stepped closer though with a continual concerned look, in all that it was they were alright. Coated in but light soots and singed with coals, they were a petite and small one — not looking ill' nor injured. Perhaps but a momentum of an upset stomach? She too, would at times divulge to eat the greenery to please a something vile dinner.

"What do you need to ask?" Miriam said with a small smile as she cocked her head in a curiosity.

the staff team luvs u
11-11-2021, 04:33 AM
She kept her head bowed, eyes still tracing the stones below as the unfamiliar lady gave her permission to ask her question. Silently gathering herself, Mine dipped her head further in thanks before speaking. "Do you know what part of the Fourhorns we are on? She doesn't recognize this area of the mountain and must return to Her."

Just how far had she gotten that she could have completely been at a loss as to where she was? Mine had known another of the collection that would speak or even walk in the night without memory of it when she woke, had she done something like that? But the other Mine had not gone quite so far.

Someone would have stopped her before she went this far, the other had never even gotten outside the perimeter! So how...how? Mine could already tell a scolding was in store for her when she returned, likely one as bad as the red Mine's had been.

She had much atonement ahead.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
11-18-2021, 01:27 AM
Miriam shook her head, "I'm afraid I have not heard of that name before — the land here do not have one." She knew not what 'Fourhorns' were and could not recognize it despite meeting quite a chunk amount of wolves. She tried to jog her memory if there was any indication of that name, and alas.. She was useless to help so. Only a pitied smile could be given when her paws could offer no help to the other. It was a nice name though, and she too was curious where it may be located. Her wandering soul held a bit of a wonder.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top