Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Read Only
Are you there, Mom? It's me, Haruki.

Late Evening Overcast
Read Only
10-28-2021, 11:03 PM
^^Haruki had spent the last few nights with his mother, grooming her, talking to her, cuddling her - all the things that he had thought he might have wanted, if their roles were reversed. He didn’t know if she could hear him or feel him, but he really hoped -- he really, really hoped -- that she could.

“Hey mom. It’s me. Your favorite son.” Haruki snorted a laugh, brows arching towards his mother, wondering if she could hear him and trying to picture how she might react to such a corny joke. Her face showed the same emotion as it always had, though; blank, but somehow peaceful. Some part of him was angry, still, that she was able to look so at peace, everyone else wasn’t. He knew, for a fact, that he wasn’t.

“Listen, you’ve got to fight. I.. I know it’s selfish, but I.. I just got you back! I’m not done makin’ memories with you. I’m… sorry I was gone so long. I tried to do my best on my own, without help,... and I failed. I failed you, and that’s not okay. A-and.. I need to make it up to you, because I won’t be able to live with myself if.. .. if this is how we need to end things, okay? Don’t force my hand in saying g-goodbye, because I’m not ready. I’ll never be ready to let you go. So please come back home; please, come back to me. I need you.”

Haruki sobbed, whimpering against his mother’s coat, and licking at her face; nuzzling at her throat. Sobbing, as he curled around her and cried himself to sleep. When morning came, Haruki would be ready to face the day with a new determination. He would go hunting for the monster that did this. The monster that brought his mother, and nearly, his entire kingdom, to their knees by rendering Reiko unconscious. No longer would he wait; he needed to act -- to bring justice. So when the morning came, Haruki kissed his mother’s cheek and gave her a good, long nuzzle. “This is for you, Ma. I love you.” And off, the prince would go, though pausing at the entrance of the chambers with narrowed eyes.

There was a dense fog that Haruki knew would hinder his search, but he wouldn’t let that stop him. It was early, and he was catching the last remaining bits of the sunrise, he knew and he hoped that he’d be able to sit here one day, and watch the sunrise with his mother. He took one last look over his shoulder to glance at his mother, and then he was gone. He traveled southwest, with his nose to the ground in an attempt to locate a lost scent. The snow had come down the night before in what seemed like goliath sized flakes, consuming their already frozen, winter wonderland beneath a hazardous sheet of snow and ice.

A hazard that the prince could not foresee because of the fog, and suddenly, he vanished, collapsing into a complex network of tunnels; not too much different than the tunnel system that his mother had found some months prior, though there was no river to soften his fall and instead, the young prince tumbled, smacking his head against the ground as he landed, as the young prince continued to tumble downwind.. ^^
the staff team luvs u
[Image: 80076589_U5xW8TmQQpLOM2x.png]

Note: Haruki expects members of SS to use proper titles and honorifics when addressing himself and his family. If one fails to do so, they will hear it from him! Haruki-no kimi or Prince Haruki-ouji are both acceptable to him
scroll to top