Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
American oxygen, woah

Afternoon Snow
P
Discovery
10-22-2021, 01:23 AM
[sfont=Alice]^^
“Do you plan on coming back here? In this garden, I mean….” Izumi said near the end of their first and last meeting. To which, naturally he stayed put. In the same spot, for hours, maybe even days, until his belly began to rumble and demand food. As soon as he wandered off to go find something edible in these lands, a few mushrooms here - roots and an unfortunate need to hunt some small game, he had returned only to find out he had missed her arrival.

“...Oh.” Realizing that Izumi had come and gone while he was away munching and filling his stomach, the boy slid to the ground in one dramatic, elegant motion. Letting his belly hit the ground first in a slow slide, followed by his plush plume which fluttered down suit. There he'd remain, laying on the fading scent that she left behind with her brief visitation.

Should he follow after her and trail it to her home to let Izumi know that he was still here? That he kept his promise and waited, only to wander off for a bit for food? No what are you thinking, that sounds incredibly creepy. Pouting with his gaze going off into the direction her scent went, watching the snowflakes fall from above covering the dying summer greens in a bleached powder. Here he'd remain again for as long as he could hold out...
^^[/sfont]
the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
10-23-2021, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 04:04 PM by Izumi. Edited 2 times in total.)
 Things have been at a quelled quite lately, with @Quicksilver having come to Shiroshika bring grand news of @Haruki’s return -- a boy she’d only seen in passing nowadays, but god, all of them really did look alike. At least after having some time to talk with the silver druid herself she felt more at peace with things, though she’d be lying if she said his presence did not sting something deep within her. Nowadays, the willowy crane was desperate for any sort of distraction that would come in her line of vision and as of recently would she seek a curiosity for all things plants...especially the ones that grew in this here tundra….

In the garden, in the cherry blossoms of Tsukiishi mountain -- how they grew and flourished no matter the harsh weather that befell them. Izumi wondered if she’d ever get to grow in the same way….

Towards the garden the dame went, where time seemed to stand still, safe for the growing plants. Her nose grazed the surface of small flowers and took in their scent along with the fumes of earth, and the sting of cold against her nostrils. She wondered which one of these Reiko used to heal...was it the strange-smelling ones? Or the ones that smelled of perfume?  Then, something surprising came through her nose and into the confounds of previous memory…….Atreyu. The boy she had met in the garden. Izumi never saw him during the days where she’d came by to check if he was there and she wasn’t...really surprised if she was being honest with herself. There was no way someone so charmingly high energy would actually want to visit and combat the contrastingly mellow wavelengths of her own personality -- it just didn’t seem very realistic to her, and he’d probably gone to find the company of someone similar to him instead.

that was clearly not the case -- because guess who was there? Right in front of the trail where her nose led her, curled in a ball--

Frosted lilacs rounded in surprise “Atreyu? Is that....you?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: IZumi1.png]
Ecologist
10-23-2021, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2021, 12:00 AM by Atreyu. Edited 1 time in total.)
[sfont=Alice]^^
The sight of snow slowly drifting and dancing out in front of his nose was a pleasant sight to behold. Their twinkle caught the light of the sun before falling into the pile with the rest upon the ground. Quickly he grew bored of waiting but would remain anyway. Poking at some frosted flower just in front of him with a toe. Its small white petals were solid with winter's touch and soon would shatter. For now it was stuck in time, frozen and untouched other than the single black claw that kept touching it softly.

A sigh as he rested his cheek onto the ground... just to hear with a single propped ear that familiar musical melody. “Izumi?” He shot up immediately, sitting up with his tail hitting the ground once more, completely forgetting about the flower he was so captured with for a moment. She was easily spotted coming up over the horizon, and he couldn't help but get up and quickly run over to greet her. Even stepping on the frosted flower on his way over without a second thought to its existence.

“You came back!” With a couple of prancing steps, he greeted her from a small distance. “I waited but then I got hungry... and then when I came back, I missed you.”
^^[/sfont]
the staff team luvs u
10-23-2021, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 05:29 PM by Izumi. Edited 1 time in total.)
 He ran over to the fae almost immediately, causing her to stumble back some in fear that he’d run directly into her. As a result, her rump it the ground under her with a soft thud, and though she had to shake her head to regain some composure there, that did not stop the silken tassel behind her from giving soft sways to their own gentle rhythm. The crane was happy to see him here -- happy that he’d kept his promise.

“How are you?” Izumi greeted, motioning her muzzle forward to take in his scent again. “I thought you weren’t going to come...the times where I visited I never saw you. If I knew you’d be here today I would’ve brought the hare with me this time....” As a “thank you for making me feel better” gift -- to show that she was grateful for his random appearance during a day where she particularly felt like shit. Instead, though, she’d run into someone else that made the hare drop from her mouth…

Dark ears splayed against her skull when the fox man explained how he’d...waited for her to return? When?

The crane blinked to process in silence for a few seconds.“Did you….did you stay in that same spot that day since I left?” the crane asked in slight disbelief -- not likely. There was no way, right?, He was only kidding when he said that he had “Nowhere else to go” last time…..right?

the staff team luvs u
10-23-2021, 05:38 PM
[sfont=Alice]^^
Oh, she fell! Originally he had given them space, not wanting to invade the personal boundaries set between near strangers, acquaintances really; but now he wanted to help her up. At least she seemed happy this time! No red in her eyes as he approached softly, slowly to see if she would let him near and gently help her up with a little nudge.

“Good! I'm doing good.” Better now. Now that he wasn't alone here, better now that Izumi and he had actually finally met again after a few days of waiting... wondering if she was just weirded out by him after all and avoiding his presence. Or perhaps mad that he wasn't where she thought he'd be when she would visit. Instead, she was even thinking of bringing him food! “You're too kind.” He'd blush at the thought - even if the rabbit wasn't really what he liked to eat, he'd eat it if was offered.

“Uh huh!” He'd nod at first before stopping, eyes wide for a moment as he pondered the truth to his words. “Well — I left a couple of times to forage... b-but I'd always go back!” As if that was something Izumi wanted to hear, as if moving from that very spot would make her angry, or sad.
^^[/sfont]
the staff team luvs u
10-26-2021, 10:39 PM
 The cranebird was already too immersed in talking that she’d been slow to realize her arse hit the ground a second ago -- only when Atreyu came over offering to help would she look down to her backside in realization, and flatten her dark ears sheepishly. His help was accepted rather reluctantly as she pushed some of her weight against him to gather herself upon stilt legs, but was quick to withdraw after finding some footing. The brush of furs and warmth made Reyu’s gesture soothing to the touch….which was the exact reason it made her stomach flip uncomfortably. Why was she afraid of something as little as that?

Besides Izu’s internalized confusion, Reyu mentioned how he was fine since she’d been away -- yet the mention that he’d just been waiting in this garden for her to return caused a faint whine to leave her mouth. She couldn’t understand why he’d wait around so long just to anticipate her return when there were so many other things that he’d’ve found enjoyable...or worth his time in general. Hadn’t he lost patience at one point and thought of leaving?

Did he actually enjoy their last encounter that much? Izu didn’t believe she’d been much company that day when her mind fogged with melancholy...

“I’m sorry,” the pointed woman apologized, noticing the urgency in his voice and shaking her head reassuringly “I probably should’ve returned the next day rather than making you wait out here all alone....my wish was not to make you feel pressured into staying last time I asked for your return...." 

A frosted lilac gaze scanned over their surroundings as she pondered. The glacier garden didn’t seem like much of a hunting ground, really. How far did Atreyu have to travel and back in order to hunt?

"Have you...eaten enough since then?"

the staff team luvs u
10-27-2021, 12:19 PM
[sfont=Alice]^^
Izumi pulled away rather quickly after getting up. He tried not to think too much into it... but let's be honest, he overthought the act. Was he being too forward? Too creepy? He'd pull back, giving the crane a little more space as she straightened herself out. He couldn't help but let his eyes wander along her willowy legs for a moment before letting his focus rest on the grass just off to the side. Worried about ever coming off as creepy should he get too wrapped up in her pretty features.

“N-no! I didn't feel pressured at all...” She'd shuffle his feet in the frost-tipped grasses, feeling a little shy at her statement/apology. “I looked forward to seeing you again is all.” His face felt warm to say it, and a part of him felt it was wrong to say like she'd just think he was obsessive or something. Lacking a life of his own than to just sit here and wait for her - which frankly... he kind of did. He hadn't met anyone else since his arrival, probably something he should do instead of just sitting around.

“I did!” The change of subject was nice, feeling like he can come off less creepy while talking about food instead of his obsessive time waiting for the siamese woman to visit him again in the gardens. “This place has so many yummy things to eat.” For now at least, when winter comes he would have to change tactics. “It's like an all-you-can-eat buffet!”
^^[/sfont]
the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
10-27-2021, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2021, 09:12 PM by Izumi. Edited 1 time in total.)
 She was not expecting his response to her question -- or a response at all, for that matter. In the assumption that the boy only stayed as an act of courtesy from her wish to speak to him again, she thought it would’ve relieved the sire to know he was free to leave his jail now -- but in reality, he stayed because he actually chose to. He wanted to stay in this garden to see her. The crane wasn’t sure how to react to such a claim as her eyes found the ground in a twist of mixed feelings -- the feeling which shone the most in that mixture being unexpected happiness.

To know someone thought her worth the wait, during a time where she didn’t think it. It brought her happiness…

It may not have shown on such placid features, but there was a noticeable light that shone in those lavender eyes that trailed back up to him -- and while there was still guilt trapped in her chest to know he’d waited so long, the siamese was now strangely happy that he did.

“You think so?” Izumi questioned with a slight cant in her head, slinking her lithe frame to reach the boy’s side, in case a walk around the garden might suit him better as they spoke. “I don’t see many animals coming over to graze in these parts, not even small game. What kinds have you found during your stay here?”

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
10-27-2021, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2021, 12:01 AM by Atreyu. Edited 1 time in total.)
[sfont=Alice]^^
Every time he opened his mouth Atreyu was worried he would say something awfully awkward. Creepy, off-putting as opposed to honestly and excited. Thankfully, Izumi was far too kind. She didn't seem to be turning away from him any time now and as she gently found her place next to him, autumnal tassels swept the frosted ground with a soft rhythm.

If only he knew just how happy he was making her - maybe the boy wouldn't hold anything back at all and just lay it all out in the open here and now. Just how pretty he thought her to be, and kind, and even that stoic mask of hers it came off as elegant and composed - not at all boring or hard to read.

Perhaps yes hard to read as he couldn't read her just one bit, but that wasn't a negative strike against the crane.

“Oh! That's because I forage~” He sang back to her question. The fact that she found little food here as opposed to the traditional prey he turned his nose up to unless absolutely necessary for survival had given him a little pride in the fact he knew something different. Maybe even excited to show her around and open up a new world for her to step into. “I don't particularly like hunting.”

Turning his gaze to cast forest greens into her lilac hues, his were deep while she was bright. “I can show you if you'd like?”
^^[/sfont]
the staff team luvs u
10-27-2021, 09:42 PM
 Ears of darkened cups erected in interest at the sound of his hobby. “Foraging?” Foraging? As in what herbivores like squirrels often did? It never occurred to Izumi that people of her species had such an interest when thinking of food, though it was not ridicule that she studied Atreyu with when she looked at him, it was curiosity. Yet another skill the duchess had never attempted doing other than hunting with her speed and reflexes.

To assume he hunted like the rest was rather rude of her -- at least that was what she thought as she looked away with a paw raised to her lips, internal screaming included. Though it didn’t seem like he minded the assumption much and even invited her to try. An invitation Fujiwara’s curious mind couldn’t help but wander to. “Yes of course. I never really….tried foraging before, but…”

and to emphasize this, she would try to mimic what she’d seen squirrels do often and begin pawing at the ground to dig for….something. Acorns? Did he eat acorns?

Was this even how squirrels foraged for food???

”Idon’tknowwhatI’mdoinghelp-”

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
10-27-2021, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 09:01 PM by Atreyu. Edited 1 time in total.)
[sfont=Alice]^^
Izumi expressed that she had never tried foraging before, which brought such excitement to the tall man's face. It lit up at the thought of showing her something new. A different way of life and when things got tough with hunting prey, there were always other options to help her survive! Maybe even make her life that much more interesting with various delicious things to eat, as well as more comfortable when things got tough.

With a delighted smile, he watched her try to dig and admit just how lost she was. “Come, I'll show you a few things I found here since your last visit.” He wouldn't comment on her digging other than that tender smile that found its place on his lips watching her try her best already.

He'd take a few steps and turn back to make sure she was following. A sway of his plumage to entice her to come was given while casting a forest green gaze over his slender shoulder. “Surprisingly this place is wonderful for mushrooms, and I found something rather delicious over this way called Qunguliit.” Already he was on a roll, opening the flood gates of his little strange obsession.

He paused. A look of sudden realization hitting him as he stopped all movement and tossed another glance over to Izumi as if this following information was of utmost importance. In a way, it was as well. “But! Before we continue, you must promise me to only eat what I show you, and always double-check with me... some things can be quite dangerous if you are mistaken.” The last thing he needed was to watch Izumi die because he didn't teach her properly... the mere thought brought him great sadness and would only continue to move as soon as she promised what he asked of her.
^^[/sfont]
the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
10-29-2021, 06:55 PM
 Considering how silly she felt right about now, awkwardly pawing against the earth when she knew well enough that she didn’t have a clue in hell what she was doing (or if acorns were even edible, for that matter), she was rather grateful how eager he was to show her around the ropes. He moved forward to show her something, and she followed suit in a soundless gait.

a glance was cast to her side to study the boy with more detail -- no surprise how easy it was to mistake him as a fox during their first encounter, as his coat eerily resembled one....his long, flowy coat.. It looked so soft -- felt soft too, back when he managed to help Izu up on her feet. It had an elegant flow to it as he walked, and the crane bird faintly wondered if it was true what he’d said about falling from the sky itself as one with the clouds…

”Q…..Qung…..?” Izumi noticeably wrestled with her tongue in trying to form a pronunciation of whatever….the was. So it was mushrooms he grazed after….a strange discovery. For a long time, mushrooms had been a symbol for anything that was gross or non-edible, so naturally the fae believed them to be as such. Though if one found their consumption enjoyable, was it really as bad as she’d been told her entire life?

Ah, but there was a catch as Reyu further explained. There were some graze-worthy items that were never meant to be grazed at all -- attentive as a student to their teacher, her flowery gaze locked onto his explanation. “I will,” the crane agreed slowly with a nod. They weren’t hard terms to confirm to; since this would be the first time trying out food other than meat.

”Could you tell me then? What a….Qung would look like?”

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
11-01-2021, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 09:01 PM by Atreyu. Edited 1 time in total.)
[sfont=Alice]^^
He didn’t find her awkwardness to be anything other than cute. How uncertain and willing she was to follow his guidance around to learn something new with him as her tutor. It brought the young man great joy, pride in his word, and knowledge in something so specific that most wouldn’t care enough to even entertain him in a conversation with.

While he floated in her eyes - she flew. Long, light paws so elegantly dancing along the ground while he just glided without a care in the world. While she was the bird, he was the clouds. Her broken wing needed time to mend unbeknownst to him, and so with his carefree breeze, he’d lift her up until she could fly on her own once more. Perhaps one day he would worry about her flying away, but for how he would only enjoy her companionship while he had it.

“Khoong—oo—leet.” He’d try to slow down the pronunciation for her. Obviously with how she struggled to repeat the word, she wanted to learn. Wanted to taste the word upon her tongue before tasting the item in question the moment it would be offered. Hopefully once Izumi found out what it was… she wouldn’t turn her nose up to the mushroom. To give it a chance and let it bring her through a new door for her to try.

Pleased with Izumi agreeing to his one rule about foraging, he’d nod enthusiastically her way before continuing on his little journey toward the last place he had found them… “They are mushrooms. They look pretty plain, brown caps with gills underneath, white stems - but you can really tell by the smell.” Already he was getting a little excited, a light in his eyes glinting at the thought.

He wouldn’t tell her here and now… no, he’d let her smell for herself as they approached the little grouping of three near a fallen log. “Here… take a smell. What do you find?” For him, he already knew… a citrusy kind of smell, fresh, tangy, earthy with sweet and sour undertones to the nose. Would she smell the same as he did?
^^[/sfont]
Total words: 360

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
11-04-2021, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 01:36 PM by Izumi. Edited 1 time in total.)
 The cranebird’s wings were indeed broken -- but to some degree, they always had been. A bird meant to fly trapped in her own self-made cage of fear and hesitation. With the confidence to follow her own path and lead her own destiny being just out of reach -- all the time. Only with current events would this reluctance for self-growth worsen and make it seem like the woman she strived to be was ever the unachievable task. It seemed as though no matter what the fae did, she was always stuck on the sidelines to someone else’s shadow.

How would Izumi react in knowing what Atreyu thought about her? To know everything she was insecure about was what he found interesting about her? His opinions about the siamese remained relatively unknown, but at least…..she did not feel like just some pitiful woman when she was around him. The fox boy’s presence was a breath of fresh air when life felt suffocating nowadays -- uplifting, even. Safe to say that this time spent with him was the best distraction today…

“Khoong--oo….Khoong--a--eet. Her second attempt at trying to pronounce it was said with more self-assurance and she even took pride in thinking she got it right, (despite pronouncing it wrong...again) tail waving contently over her rump. She was having fun in learning these things with him without even realizing it. Further into his explanation made her realize that it never occurred to her of all the different kinds of fungi that were really out there -- just how many more other than these...uh...Koolaid-jeeps Atreyu taught her about? Perhaps these were questions she can save for him later…

To Izu would the fox man present a log, which she’d glance to him quizzically for, until he’d offer her to sniff the wood herself -- and out of curiosity, she obliged. A dark muzzle lowered against it as her twitchy, leathery nose went to work -- closing her eyes for good measure. At first, it was only wood and damp soil that reached her nostrils, but with one shift of motion, an array of aromas began flooding her senses. She smelled something interesting, sickeningly sweet yet dramatically savory all at once with a hint of earth. Dark lashes fluttered open to the sight of the very Kookie-leeds he described before, and in her enthusiasm, she’d turn to him to confirm;

“I’ve found them~”

Here.

wc: 400
the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
11-04-2021, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2021, 12:01 AM by Atreyu. Edited 1 time in total.)
[sfont=Alice]^^
He didn’t know what was going on in Izumi’s personal life - all the turmoil and how much she needed someone to show her she was more than what she thought of herself. With the lack of self-esteem and assurance in herself, Atreyu only saw a shy girl who was uncomfortable around strangers - drawn in only by his friendliness and nothing more. Because that is what he was, friendly. At least that is what Atreyu hoped he was in her eyes and the eyes of anyone nearby who may be watching.

“That’s it!” Even if it might be a little bit off, it was better than her first attempt and Izumi already looked more confident in her pronunciation! Maybe with a little more practice and she would have it down pat! That or… she could always keep that cute accent of hers, he didn’t mind either way. It was endearing, and it made him smile brightly. Proud of her for trying, his own plume waved happily behind him, cream-tipped tail flicking with every sway.

He had pointed her in the right direction, now it was Izumi’s time to shine and use that nose of hers to find the mushrooms in question. She would sniff around the log, carefully picking through the odd scents she must not be accustomed to honing in on until finally, with a prideful call - she found them.

The way she turned to him, happiness illuminating her features. It made his knees weak, and his heart flutters uncontrollably at the sight. His face felt uncomfortably warm but it was a welcomed feeling despite how strange he felt.

Carefully he’d nudge the log over to reveal the treasure hidden underneath. Glancing up at the crane all the while before revealing the shrooms. “Now… their texture may seem strange to you, but focus on the taste.” As if to prove they were safe to eat, Atreyu carefully picked one of the brown capped fungi and chewed on it before swallowing. They had a fresh, yet earthy taste to them - oh how he loved it so much! They were more filling than berries or roots, without the need to hear the screaming of small prey.

Now it was her turn to be brave and see if Izumi would trust him… to take a bite and ignore the odd sponge-like texture at first to enjoy the different treat. A different way to fill one’s belly with less effort.
^^
Total Words: 409
[/sfont]
the staff team luvs u
11-06-2021, 03:05 AM
 There was a moment where he'd stop to look at her with an expression she couldn't exactly read, and her waving tail went a bit limp as her confidence began to die down a bit -- oh....was she wrong after all? No, no she was right -- and being revealed this when he turned the log brought a breath of relief to be released from her nostrils. Atreyu scared her for a moment there, though the cranebird wondered what that was all about...

Brushing it off for a moment, her curiosity switch was turned back on as attention drifted back to the mushrooms themselves. Brown capped and plant looking -- nothing too extraordinary about them and not something she'd look at and believe was apatizing, but that was what she'd await the fox man to prove her wrong about with his next moves. Carefully, she'd watch him pick one of the caps attached to the log and begin chewing it, and her hers drew back in wondering if she was going to regret it. Her carnivorous instincts caused a moment of hesitancy, understandably, but she trusted Atreyu's judgment enough to suppress it in a moment of curiosity.

One gulp of air and slow movements later...Izumi soon had one of the shooms in her mouth. To be kept between dark maws until finally, the chewing began -- then the swallowing after. She expected a gag reflex to come immediately after but it just so turns out--

"Oh!"

-- that she enjoyed it! Could be seen in the way her eyes seemed to light up.

It was not meat, but it gave of a similar savory sensation that you wouldn't be able get in any thing else but meat, the fibrous texture being unfamiliar yet easier to grind through than a chewy rabbit thigh.

"I won't lie by saying it isn't something that I don't need to get used to, but--" it wasn't as bad as she thought it might've been... "--this is the first non-meat item that I don't hate..."

the staff team luvs u
11-06-2021, 03:25 AM
[sfont=Alice]^^
Atreyu slowly chewed at his own piece. Not only because he enjoyed the flavours and honestly the texture grew on him easier than it would for most, seeing as he didn't quite enjoy the taste of blood or the whole hunting ritual of killing something unless he absolutely had - but he was also holding his breath. Semi-distracted as wide forest green eyes watched Izumi to see if she would actually take a try for herself.

Would she? Wolves were omnivorous, but most preferred meat. Which was understandable. Atreyu didn't like to fight or put too much effort into feeding himself, so a high fat and protein diet left him leaner than most wolves, especially men. He had no use for those bulky bodies as he was a passive young man. That didn't mean he wouldn't try to defend himself or someone he loved - but nor did he seek out trouble where he could easily walk away from it just as easily.

So he held his breath as she moved closer to the mushroom in question.

The autumnal boy even slightly leaned in in anticipation, eyes growing wider as he nervously swallowed the piece he forgot in his own mouth. Oh! Her exclamation took him by surprise. Was that a good sign or bad?!

Glancing up at her expression to read it, his own tail swayed - seeing the pleasant surprise in her eyes.

“It's not bad, isn't it?!” He cheered after her, smiling brightly. “I — I would be happy to show you more things sometimes if you liked that — If you want to, of course, you don't have to. Now he was rambling a bit, feeling a little too excited and getting ahead of himself as if he could just drag Izumi around every day and show her all the yummy little treats he'd eat.
^^[/sfont]
the staff team luvs u
11-08-2021, 06:56 AM
1 am scatterbrain reply

Izumi would've never expected that something as simple as eating a mushroom would cause Atreyu such happiness, but his elated energy couldn't help but to rub off on her like permanent marker and Izu's silken tassel swayed with content. He had treated her to an entirely different experience than she'd been used to today, even if it wasn't all that grand, no matter how small, it was still something Izu's curious mind would quench in. Never would there have been a day where she'd find herself eating and enjoying the taste of a mushroom of all things, but fate was a strange force -- wasn't it?

Perhaps it was the very force that he'd joked about in the garden that day....of how he'd been dropped from the sky with the purpose of making her happy. A superstition she still didn't believe true, but it was nice thought to imagine that fate was good to her for once.

As soon as he'd offered to teach her more, that crane's head snapped up from the log to address him with a sharp. "Yes-!" -- which blurted out. Practically over him as he spoke. She felt like a child or maybe even an awkward teenager towards a mentor -- if he knew of enjoyable food without it needing to be hunted, then what else did he know? What else was he willing to teach her? More importantly, what else did Fujiwara need to know about the type of man Atreyu was?

After realizing the rude interruption of her voice over his when she'd answer, the siamese's gaze sought the ground as her ears began to heat up. "Yes....yes I'd like you to show me more things..." she responded with a voice jittery from anxiousness; and despite that, her next words felt more determined.

"--but only if you'd allow me to return the favor next time..."

the staff team luvs u
11-10-2021, 11:37 PM
[sfont=Alice]^^
Izumi, with great excitement had cut him off in a way that he couldn't be upset about in the slightest. She cried out happily at his offer, making his own face warm to think that she would be around more now that they were going to do more than just random chit-chat from time to time whenever she came to visit.

Now they had a thing to do. Things to explore. Something to bond over and that lone had made him so shy to think of. Now he had to behave, to not be weird and scare her off because this was the make it or break it moment of their budding friendship. His own posture perked up, pointed ears pulled forward with his own eyes lighting up - as she shyly looked away.

“That would make me so happy Izumi.” His cream-tipped plume swayed happily at the returned offer, looking forward to what she could show him when it was her turn! Tit for tat and he couldn't help but prance on the spot a couple of steps. He didn't think much of her jittery tone, chalking it up to being shy around a stranger still and that felt... well, normal really. Shoot, even he was beyond shy but the determination to get to know Izumi, to find a way into her life somehow was far stronger than his anxious self-consciousness.

Atreyu couldn't tell how much longer Izumi would stay this time, but he would enjoy her companionship for as long as she'd allow before returning to the pack that must be nearby... He wouldn't think about it, but instead keep on talking about little things, just to fill the silence and hear her talk for a little while longer.
^^
Last from me!
[/sfont]
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top