Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
come out virginia, don't let 'em wait

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
P
Adventurer
10-19-2021, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2021, 02:41 AM by River. Edited 1 time in total.)
@Desdemona - somewhere around Empyrean

It'd been a good several months of wandering for River before she decided it was high time to wander near other wolves again. Not remembering who you were was a struggle, and after giving herself a name, she'd spent some time just existing. It was lonely, sure, but it wasn't as though she was suffering or anything. 

Although... things were starting to get a little boring, lately. And it was cooling down, so maybe it would be best for her to find somewhere to settle down for a while, at least.

Riv perked her ears and tipped her head into the wind. There was a pack pretty close by - a big one, by the smell of things. She was careful not to cross any borders as she padded by the foothills of the mountain, eyes and ears both alert for anything out of the ordinary. If she was lucky, perhaps she'd run into one of these wolves.
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
10-19-2021, 09:28 PM
Venturing around Empyrean, Desdemona was diligent within her patrols. She made upmost sure that the points were marked, always fresh within the border. Though she wasn't the only one doing it, and with around endless amount of members, the scent was often very high. They sickened the land by their pure scent alone, and surely so, they would need to expand the borders. From her position just gingerly at the peak of their territory, she could faintly make out a figure..

Though perhaps they were too close. Desdemona did not say anything to the strange, but her presence known as she stopped in her place, and looked from afar at them.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
10-19-2021, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2021, 02:42 AM by River. Edited 1 time in total.)
River did not go unnoticed for long. She wasn't exactly sure what she was doing here in the first place, really - there clearly was no shortage of members in the pack, so she most likely wasn't needed anyway. But it would be nice to get to know some of the wolves around here - she liked the mountains a lot, so she wasn't sure she wanted to wander too far off. 

The wolf that spotted her was much taller than River herself, with long legs and dark fur. The girl's tail wagged a bit and she offered the stranger a smile, her own long limbs carrying her a bit closer. 

"Hey!" she called amicably, ears angled forward. "Are you part of the pack that lives around here?"
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
10-20-2021, 12:30 AM
"You are close to Empyrean," Desdemona said to the questioning stranger. She kept a keen eye on the others and a guarded posture, though friendly as they were - it was still always best to be on the cooling side of danger. She did not however show any fangs nor' true hostility, her fur remained clean and smooth and simply just watched in a frost ; a normalcy to the stoic guard of the mountain.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
10-20-2021, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2021, 02:42 AM by River. Edited 1 time in total.)
"Empyrean. Is that what it's called?" she asked, a smile on her maw and a wag still settled on her tail. "I'm sorry if I'm too close - I'm just passing through. I'm actually trying to learn about the packs around here." 

River paused, deciding against taking another step closer. This woman was big and seemed like she meant business. "My name's River. I'm not going to cross any borders, and if you'd like, I'll be on my way right now." It was better for both of them, after all, if there was no need for an altercation.
the staff team luvs u
10-29-2021, 05:26 PM
A friendly wolf she deducted, "You should be careful," Desdemona warned, "some packs will attack you without word." If she was in the mountains, she suspected that most would come for in an immediate attack, warning bites without words and an attempt to stake their death upon the other.. She was a bit more light-hearted in that sense, giving those a warning and watching them retreat from the mountain — and so far, there wasn't many that came back with a vengeance and crossed her good will.

"Be wary," she reinstated, a calming gaze at the other.

the staff team luvs u
11-09-2021, 02:46 AM
"Oh. Well, thank you for the warning," River responded with a small smile. That was... less than ideal, she figured. And though she understood that this wolf was only doing her job, the chill in her voice and her stance was making Riv feel a bit uneasy, and... well, she would rather be in a place where she could feel more at ease. 

She'd definitely be more careful not to tread close to any borders in the future, though. 

River dipped her head down a little and offered the woman a smile. "I'll keep that in mind." The girl turned a bit, eager to go off to explore further now that she'd decided that this was probably not the place she wanted to stay. "I'll be on my way now. I'll be more careful of the borders in the future."
the staff team luvs u
11-18-2021, 08:41 PM
She realized she forgot to give her name, but felt it was a bit too late for that momentum. A slight tinge of regret resounded in her heart, for they seemed friendly just a bit lost. Nonetheless a warning was given, and she hoped the other would be bit safer with more knowledge. Though a smile would not come, she gave a slight dip in her head, "Farwell, River," Desdemona said, watching the other leave before disappearing back into the Empyrean mountains.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top