Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
You're italic, I'm in bold,

Morning Thunderstorms
P
10-14-2021, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 07:32 PM by Célnes.)
@Penderghast

The land continued to rain and pour, a heavy cloud hanging above The Elk's Crown. Now it was full of mud and floods, an endless shadow above them so and she did not remember a day yet this week, where her fur hadn't been soaked. Keeping some tucked into the grotto, a safety net away from the flooding dens and the endless downpour.. She knew she could not stay within forever, for even if the rain would continue, those who draw too near would not stay away.

Except her patrolling took a minor detour, she went outside of the Elkshire claims and curiously looked around so. The clouds were not as heavy, and yet a drizzle continued when she trotted outwards of the forests.. A thunderstrike, streaked through the sky lightning the world up ; and she realized. It was morning, but the clouds made it seem like it was the afternnon.

the staff team luvs u
10-14-2021, 07:56 PM
The ghost had always liked abysmal weather. It added to the aesthetic of haunting. No one could commit to terror in the presence of sunshine and rainbows. And dampness didn’t matter when you were dead. 

Fur, however, was not at all moisture-wicking. So he limped, as sodden and soiled as a fraternity mattress. 

In the battle of tree versus suddenly-corporeal-spirit, the tree had won. His back leg was twisted to shit and it hurt to breathe. Oh, how he wished to be dead again. It was much easier than living.

Caught in this existential lamentation, Penderghast cut the world off its axis so that it might orbit around him. In doing so, he didn’t realize he’d come upon a stranger. “Oh.” Another animal. One, he guessed, looked more like him. “I have a question for you - it’ll only take a minute. But do you think you could murder me?”

the staff team luvs u
10-14-2021, 08:08 PM
A wandering shadow, a pumpkin gaze upon him in a wonder as she watched but a limping man come closer to her so. A proper posture of a noble, head upwards with a raised brow in curious look, but was moreso shocked with open eyes upon his next words. She had take a moment to truly process such a request, as a moment of silence was to pass, "Why do you want to die?" she so asked. Though if surely he wandered into Nightwalkers territory, the request would be immediately met.. To some but a blessing, but she couldn't fathom one simply tossing their life away like so.

Though.. It could be granted.

the staff team luvs u
10-15-2021, 04:32 PM
"I was already dead. This living thing is hard to get reacquainted with." He replied with a stage-like sigh. The memories called to him as strong as a siren, those graffiti and grime streaked walls, the screams of the many - spirits and trespassers alike. An asylum was a final destination for many a soul, his included. At least until quite recently.

"How do you like it? Existing? Is it fun for you?"

the staff team luvs u
10-15-2021, 06:13 PM
She found him intriguing, a man already claimed to be dead once, and now said life was exhausting. She had.. Uncertainty, within the afterlife. Though the High Elk was there to guard their life and souls, and to join within the afterlife of that in the heavens itself - she had yet to truly see that God, nor' a glimpse to what nirvana awaits. For someone who said so, she thought to ask how it was. Yet, kept the question tucked away and answered his own.

"To rule, to keep peace and those around - surviving within a forest I claim for myself and those wolves who are loyal to me. Days can be difficult, but it is the life I chose, and prefer to enjoy."

To her own life, she would make that pass to how she see fits. Someone to rule that of others, to gain promises underneath, loyalists like that.. High Elk had gotten from her own family - she too desires that power to gain. Greed was a strong reasoning to live.

the staff team luvs u
10-16-2021, 01:21 AM
There were many things one came to accept when you didn't have a body. This new life wasn't such a stretch, imagination melding with loose screws, though the paws were a surprise. 

Ghast tilted his head, ears flickering as thunder cracked through the sky as though the sound could cleave it in two. "Why choose it?" Purely curious, as earnest as a kindergartner clutching colored blocks. If he could match shapes with their holes, perhaps he could make more sense of this world. 

Though madness and the nonsense that followed could be just as sweet. 

"Seems like a big bowl of responsibility."

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
10-17-2021, 11:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 09:58 PM by Célnes. Edited 1 time in total.)
"It wouldn't be a noble to say I enjoy the rule." As such a thunder hit through the sky she held that of a warmly smile. Though to such a stranger that sought for death, just a bit did the Queen share of a motion through her heart. Suppose that was all leaders though, and would laugh at those who deny such a way. To rule was to have a power of gain, a comfortable position if used right. Often her own has been.. Switched, to be mocked and disdained, but loved by others - so is the Elkshire Queen, a Déorwine of the The Elk's Crown.

"Stranger, if you not desire to live, perhaps you can give your life to me, though not a death that you seek." Such a man who did not desire to live.. Who had grown bored with life ; Celnes thought with a smile of a crescent moon. Faintly remembered to that of @Tavra who held such a disdain, to think that the Queen used her as just another foolish body.. Not to her though, but perhaps, a black shadow before her, would just be the perfect tool. To disdain life, she could use it for her benefit.

archiving thread, feel free to DM if want to pick it back up!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top