Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
turn on the streetlight

Late Evening Partly Cloudy
AW
10-02-2021, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 01:10 AM by Vercingetorix. Edited 1 time in total.)
It was strange. He'd been drowning—

No, that couldn't be right. He was a damn good swimmer. But there were eyes that were boring into his own. Whose?

He couldn't remember anything beyond. . .well, fuck. Not far back at all. He knew his name, could grasp some semblance of relations, knew he was a father but as to who—? How hard had he hit his fucking head?

Verx rose to his paws on the ice and even felt steadier, stronger than he had before waking. Oh, man. Whatever magic elixir had come his way, he'd take it. Felt like a young man again. Felt fucking invincible.

The northern lights cut through wispy clouds, reverberating off his glossy pelt. He ran. He yipped like a kid, bouncing, rejoicing in this newfound youth.

Oh God. This was a dream. No way he could feel so good.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
10-02-2021, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 05:47 PM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
The general area of Northfall was within the mountain range, right next to Dragonford. When she crossed from the mountainous beaches to the tundrian plains, she course smelled of their presence alongside the weak borders. A scoffing, how arrogant the group was despite being so dangerous within their own claim. Though some may be it was clear that it wasn't staying, and wondered if it was because they were too busy harassing her own pack.

Though curious as it was she went around their land, unbothering them as they did of her. She crossed over to the land that brought a shiver to the northern dragon, and yet something that wasn't totally unfamiliar. It took a moment for her body to adjust from the warmer climate to the chilling one - she had sneezed.

Vendrussel's paws glided along the smooth ground, and within a distance she could spot a dark foe with her ocean gaze. A small chuff, to make her presence known and not of hostility.

the staff team luvs u
10-03-2021, 06:03 PM
The lights were lovely, but not lovely enough to distract him from the gray-clad beauty that came his way. He changed his course and moved closer to her instead, and when he was near enough, he was lost in her eyes. The color of the ocean, the place he'd not seen for so long.

He'd been trapped inland, making his way over rock and through tree and now upon the ice. Was she his ticket out?

“Well, hi,” Verx crooned, grinning. “You're certainly a sight for sore eyes. You live around here?”

She had to; her body practically screamed a northern upbringing, plush pelt and hardy muscles. He continued to stare at her, all the while squaring his shoulders and lifting himself to his full, lofty height.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
10-04-2021, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 05:47 PM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
She was not expecting someone to be more then.. Neutral, or cold within the north. Those she has met many within these tundra lands, most kept but the usual gloomy attire until an eventual opening upon a conversation. When he approached and greeted, her tail swayed slightly and smiled back at the large man. At a distance he seemed smaller, though by far was he more of a behemoth then those of the waters themselves. He carried upon scars of a warrior, much beloved within her clan, Vendrussel thought.

"I live more south," she started, her head tilted toward the mountains that were near further down. Though she lived even further from that, it was a general estimate of around the coastline, "do you?"

the staff team luvs u
10-09-2021, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 04:11 AM by Vercingetorix. Edited 1 time in total.)
"No, I. . .don't know where I'm headed," he admitted, and chuckled. He cocked his head, nostrils flaring. That tang-- "You smell like the sea," he remarked. "Will you lead me there?"

It was important; he knew that. Names, faces, places. . .they'd all gone by the wayside. But he knew the ocean was crucial. He could see it now, that dark blue-green vastness, spreading across the horizon --

Verx let his smile grow wider. "I think I bumped my head somewhere back there," he said, though he knew it was a lie. Well. Not a lie, but. . .certainly not the truth.

Fucking hell. What had happened, anyway?
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
10-10-2021, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 05:47 PM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
She was about to ask if he too, simply 'appeared' into the land. Though the large man seemed curious about the sea, when she smelled herself the sea salt continued to hang tightly to her pelt. Originally so she had lost such a scent, and it brought warmth knowing that it returned. Her land truly belonged to that of the northern seas, and she would keep them as much as she could, "I live by the coast, there are cold ones near us so, but further down are more sustainable for wolves." She pointed her head back to the south, away from the tundra land.

new thread for behemoth's brim?

the staff team luvs u
10-15-2021, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 03:55 PM by Vercingetorix. Edited 1 time in total.)
Verx idly flicked an ear at her description, eschewing the idea of "sustainable." Clearly, she wasn't aware that he was made of stouter stuff than other wolves she'd met. He'd been forged from northern ice, from volcanic rock; he was heat and cold altogether, and if she played her cards right, he could prove it to her.

"I'm going to follow you, if that's okay," he said with a smirk. "My family's from the sea; I grew up near there. It's been a while. Want to give it another look."

And you another look, as well. He was never one to beat around the bush, his cool gaze making his intentions clear. The ocean would be a sight for sore eyes, but so would the view of this one's backside along the way.

Oh, Vercingetorix. Never change.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
10-15-2021, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 05:48 PM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
Another born to the life of the sea.. She had not met many who were used to such a life, and a silent respect had grown from this mysterious man. She would nod to his suggestion, unaware of such mischievous thoughts plaguing and only thought of him as a curious, and joyful fellow, "I am Vendrussel," she said, "born to the northern seas and claims that of a coast. I shall show you the beaches that I claim as my own."

With so, she turned toward and with a motion toward the south. It may look to be claiming beyond that of the mountains, except their turn would be around so and head further into the more warmful terrian. A ghostly beach, would await them both.. Wondering if he would perhaps stay to those beaches, or move elsewhere once she did.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top