Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
'Cause all you say are all the same things I did,

Thunderstorms
AW
Elkshire
Discovery
09-26-2021, 07:35 PM
perhaps @Teodora

The plains laid in a quiet sense. The elk laid outside in a curl between each other, a herd in safety of the sunshine that went upon the golden grass. As now fall was coming, the flowers that were munched upon were slowly disappearing, and not regrowing into a beautiful bloom. What a shame, she thought, that the treat of the herd was no disappearing. Yet it seemed that they didn't care, showing but no annoyance, and hearing no bleating of their distress.

As she sat within the golden glade, an eye toward the elk.. A booming light shined across the world, a struck of thunder as the clouds starting rolling in. Though no rain to be seen.

the staff team luvs u
09-26-2021, 09:13 PM
^^

Since her Knight was no longer around, Teodora had found herself more and more in her own company. Certainly she made effort to visit the children, so dear and so young yet growing so quickly and she made herself available should her Queen require her services but... the social butterfly had been less than social in the passing weeks. Uncertain how to nurse her broken heart, Teodora had taken to going on long walks outside the territory, letting her brain wander and her heart bleed for as long as it needed before she returned home; her usual smile settling on her lips.

The loss of her almost, her family, all she had known was still weighing heavily on her mind and her heart. How was she to grow here when she had no idea how to deal with her grief? The romantic in Teodora longed to be free again, to dream of true love and happiness yet the broken fragments of her heart sung a song so sad that it felt like she was not worthy of an ever-lasting love. She had no family here within Elkshire, no wolf her own and it was... it was a strange feeling for her. So unused to sadness, wasn't she?

Over head the clouds rolled in with the promise of gloom, grey and dark with flashes of lightning illuminating the sky. No rain had yet to fall and amongst the golden ground sat the Elk Queen. Teodora swallowed, lifting her smiling mask to her delicate features as she called over the thunder, "my Queen!" ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-29-2021, 09:10 PM
Teodora was always a friendly, and happy woman. She could not notice how broken hearted the other was, but did notice a sort of distance, she had given a few times. A part of her wondered if it was just the feeling of longing for Serpens, a man who came and was.. Utterly useless, within her opinion. Though to the frail hearted woman, she would not mention of her distaste for the gray-man who shown no efforts to Elkshire, and only pure loyalty to the other. Admirable, in a lovers eyes, but disliked, as a Queen's view. She would not miss him.

"How are you faring, Teodora?"

the staff team luvs u
09-29-2021, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2021, 09:31 PM by Teodora. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^

She smiled pleasantly upon the greeting from the Queen, her tail wagging slowly above her bodice as she all but bounced towards the other earthen toned woman. "Quite well!She cooed brightly, biting down on her desires to release all of her thoughts to Celnes like they were old friends. "And you? I see no little prince's and princesses at your heels, enjoying a day to yourself?" Teo inquired softly. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-30-2021, 07:23 PM
"They are growing old enough where now can peacefully take time alone." She chuckled slightly, though all surely noticed she was more away from the den as they grew. Often the Queen found herself upon the borders patrolling, otherwise would take her kin to a walk. Usually though, she would stay by the den and 'switch' upon another, a watching of all mischievous, eight kids. Not all were troublemakers, but there was far too many to leave comfortable.

"They are old enough where now their true eye color shines through." A rather proud shine as Célnes said so. They were growing old enough where eventually, she could take them on patrols alongside herself.

the staff team luvs u
10-25-2021, 08:15 PM
^^

She imagined it must be nice for the children to grow and for Celnes to have some of her previous freedom returned to her. "A gift for you, I am certain," Teo mused lightly, "getting some well deserved sleep in there, I hope!" for raising children was no easy task, she had heard, it was likely that the new mother had felt plenty tired during this new stage in her life. Teodora hoped that the Queen knew that when Vaskian was unable to watch the children, she would readily and happily offer her services!

At the proud statement, Teodora's own ghostly gaze lit up as she cooed, "really?" oh, it must be such a thing to see their eyes change to their true colours! To add to each their own personality. She sighed wistfully, "I imagine it is such a nice thing to witness," because how could you not enjoy such a thing? Teodora was brutally reminded how far away she was from having those moments with her own little brood, the thought sad on her heart. "Any eye colours that you have looked at with surprise?" she teased lightly, knowing that an eye colour could certainly rear to the surface in surprise from a long-dead ancestor, surprising the parents. ^^

the staff team luvs u
10-25-2021, 08:27 PM
"Truly so," she mused, a slight chuckle following. It was especially becoming trouble with the amount she had, for if anything.. Celnes was expecting at least four, or five at max, and not anymore. She did not think a wolf could produce more! Even her own homeland and to other packs, she had seen the usual of four.. Was it a good sign, or bad? For the time being it was of peace and no worry, just tiresome in nature. Maybe she had bags under her eyes — the days seem longer, yet shorter.

"My eldest and Rohesia has yellow eyes, and they are the only ones. The rest are either orange, or shades of red. None of my parents or siblings, held either." Though she did have cousins that held the hue, her own immediate family did not. They all shared that of reds or orange, pumpkin-eyes like her own.. She would've thought majority of her own young would take the same, and yet, only one truly did. Her gray son, Aldritch. The rest held but shades of red.

"Only Aldritch shares my gaze," she admitted.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top