Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Going on a treasure hurt

Afternoon
P
Shiroshika
09-16-2021, 12:01 AM
^^Alright, Mutant Mooses of the Tundra, you best watch out, because today was THE DAY. Hopefully, anyway! The mini tiger of Shiroshika had a mission, and by golly, she was going to get some results, or some answers, or something! She had it all planned out, too, kind of. Not really. It was 12% of a plan.

Today she would find the mutant moose, and track it down. She would attempt to remember these locations, and bring the information to Reiko, and together, the two cinnabons would hunt the thing down and have the feast for ages.

Seemed do-able, especially to Cirilla, who already had big dreams and goals. Perhaps they were too big. Were they too big? The floofer paused by the river, and decided that yes! Yes, she could do this; she didn’t need anyone else. A prideful canine, Cirilla nodded her head and took a deep breathe and headed out to where she’d seen the beast the last time.

And hopefully this time, she wouldn’t get lost and some creeper wouldn’t be following her..
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-16-2021, 12:13 AM
 She couldn't fucking stand it anymore. All of this pitiful looks, the remarks of sympathy, wolves dropping food off for her. It made her even more miserable than she already felt. So, after her wound had been tended to --and it was healing remarkably-- she snuck out when she'd been left alone. She made a hasty getaway... or as hasty as she could with her heavy limp and hop. The falcon didn't know where she would go but it had to be away from here.

As she passed out of the camp, she realized that this was the first time she'd actually been out in a while. Normally she moped near Antares' den or inside of it. Today, she just couldn't do that. She needed to be alone or away from all of their concerned faces.

It was just so fucking hard. She felt so tired now, her body was rebelling against this forced exercise after she'd spent a week or so lying down. Her right limb --and that was being generous calling it that-- began to throb and she felt parched. Her breath began to come out in puffs, coloring the air with white mist, as she followed the scent of water. She could do this. She could make it. She had to.

With all of her exertion, she didn't even realize there was someone else there near the river. Not until she wandered up closer and saw... a wolf? Well, she was a real funny looking wolf, wasn't she? Not like it mattered. She was more wolf than Gyrfalcon felt she would ever be again. It looked like she was heading away, anyway, maybe they would just ignore her. She couldn't bring herself to be her normal peppy self. Not while she was in such pain... not while she was injured thusly.

With her one foreleg trembling and with herself gasping for air, she came to a halt at the riverside and collapsed onto her belly. She let out a long sigh of relief when the cold snow soothed her aching injury while she extended her head to lap up some water. She didn't say anything, not that she was trying to be rude --although at this point in time she didn't particularly care-- she was just so damn tired that the other wolf barely registered. All she knew was that she was a fellow Shiroshika member and that was all that mattered.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.gif]
09-16-2021, 02:46 AM
^^Ever since she had been followed by that weirdo, Cirilla was more attentive to her surroundings. Perhaps if she’d known that she looked like the offspring of tiger and dog, she might be more aggressive in her approach to things, but alas!

This being said, the presence of another - especially one that sounded like they were puffin’ on a delicious cigar - was easily noticed. The labored breathing, the crunching of snow and the scent of another caught Cirilla’s attention.

Cirilla hadn’t told anyone about her encounter with the creeper (yet) and curious killed the cat, and would likely kill Cirilla too, as she definitely turned around in time to see the tri-pod fall over. This was still Shiroshika territory, which meant that this wolf was one of them.

Quickly, Cirilla ran over to her and gave her a gentle nudge on the shoulder. “Hey, hey miss, are you okay?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-16-2021, 03:04 AM
 It would seem that luck wasn't on her side today. Instead of the other wolf leaving her alone and continuing on her merry four-legged way, she came back around to interact with her. Still, Gyrfalcon kept up the act of pretending like she hadn't seen her. The crisp, cool water flowed down her throat as she drank. Although when she was abruptly nudged, her tongue flashed back in her mouth and she turned her head sharply to the other canine.

"Yes!" She barked rather sharply as she glared up at the heavy, tiger-striped wolf. Her body curled in on itself, tail tucking into her side and her stump pulling into her body as if she could hide the imperfection away. She hadn't met this one before and she felt some irrational heat of embarrassment at her missing leg... and the fact that she was unusually angry at someone just trying to be nice. It shouldn't make her angry, but it did. She knew she had no reason to be because this wolf was just being nice. And yet she could not deny that lump of coiled rage that sat in her gut. It wasn't even this one's fault, it wasn't anyone's fault.

But her own and Vera's.

Perhaps that's why the rage sat, tended to, fed, every single day. Perhaps that was why she glared at the other wolf... because there was nothing she could do to turn back time and now she had to live like this.

"Why wouldn't I be? I just wanted to get away from the camp and get some fresh air." A pause as she turned away sharply to look at herself in the river. She took a few steadying breaths in and out. It wasn't this wolf's fault. It wasn't. Calm down. Calm down. "I'm tired of everyone fawning over me..." Said quietly, almost as if she were speaking to herself.

She tried to tell herself she wasn't angry or upset.

But she still was.

the staff team luvs u
09-16-2021, 03:25 AM
^^Immediately, Cirilla’s fat triangular ears folded back and Cirilla whimpered. She took several steps back and glanced down, almost as if she’d been back handed by the sharp bark alone. For several moments, Cirilla said nothing, sniffling as if she were the one with three legs - not that Cirilla knew this woman was secretly a tripod.

All she knew was that the woman had fallen over, and was not snapping at her for making sure she was okay?? Hm, seemed like there was something else going on here - but after being snapped at so harshly, Cirilla wasn’t sure she wanted to find out.

“Yeah, you’re right; I’m sure you just tripped over a stick in the snow or something, right? No big deal. Whatever. ” Cirilla tried, okay; she tried to be mean like this woman here, and it just didn’t… well, it didn’t feel right! It felt like she was betraying Reiko. “Anyway, I’d say it was nice to meet you but… ” Cirilla glared at her with a blank expression, and decided that she really needed to hunt down that mutant now.

So she turned to leave, and if Ms Anger Pants wanted to sulk by herself, then so be it.
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-16-2021, 03:40 AM
 Aaaaaand now she felt guilty. After snapping at the friendly Shiroshikan, the canine whimpered and stepped back as if she'd bitten at her. Her anger faltered, being replaced by that heavy stone of guilt that sat in her gut. What were emotions these days? It always felt like she was on some rollercoaster ride of heartache and rage.

Gyrfalcon didn't even attempt to defend herself after the other girl snapped back. The ember in her gut was extinguished so she was left to wallow in the sad afterglow as the other woman turned to go. She clutched at the snow with her claws, eyes screwing shut as she let the girl get further and further away until--

"Wait!" She rose to her paws, all three of them, and stood there with her head lowered and her tail partially tucked out of shame. "Sorry... Everything is fucked right now." It didn't give her a right to snap at other people but... ugh. The resentfulness just boiled over so much, all the time it felt like. "I shouldn't have snapped at you." Then, that anger burned bright again and she glared at the snow. "I'm just so sick of-- of everything!" And that wasn't the other wolf's problem. "So yeah... sorry." And then she turned back to the river and sat down, staring down at the empty spot where her right paw should have been placed.

the staff team luvs u
09-17-2021, 01:41 AM
^^Despite what life had thrown at her, thus far, Cirilla was a nice canine. She forced a smile several times when all she’d wanted to do was sit down and have a nice long cry. Granted, the very worst thing that had ever happened to her was being an unfaithful mate with her adopted mother, of which she was very close to.

She only snapped when she was hurt or when the situation called for it; sometimes, like now, it was both. She hadn’t realized what was going on with the rude stranger, until she stopped her. She rose to her paws, and immediately, Cirilla knew. The comment about how others had been fawning over her, the misplaced anger, and what looked like shame. A shameful anger? Or was she just shamed because of the way she had acted towards Cirilla, who knew nothing about her?

It took everything in her not to step forward and ask her if she was okay, because she clearly wasn’t. Her ears lowered, deciding to take this half assed apology for face value, until the other woman proved otherwise. She sighed deeply; perhaps she had too good of a heart - right now, until someone crushed it a second time - to be angry forever.

So she turned to face the rude stranger, and sat down. She kept her distance, and didn’t move towards her. Not that she’d gotten very far - a few steps, at best - away from her before she’d been called back. Her curled tail wagged, once, and Cirilla tilted her head in a way that dogs do.

“I don’t know you, okay? I don’t know what happened to you. I don’t know why. You’re sick of being treated like a child, and I’m guessing you just want life to go back to normal, and I’m also guessing that you don’t know how to create a new normal with the circumstances that you’ve been given but is snapping at everyone who genuinely wants to help you really how you want to handle this? Take the help. Take the concern. Yeah, yeah. You’re sick of it, but just like this hardship that you’re facing? It will pass. ” When paused to shrug, wiggling her nose, deciding to slowly approach her, sitting on her right side and daring to be so bold to gently lean against her, as if she still had all four paws.

“Do you want to talk about it?”
^^

the staff team luvs u
09-20-2021, 04:41 PM
After her outburst and subsequent apology, the other wolf did not walk away. No she came back and sat down, to which Gyrfalcon glanced at her. This woman did not pull any punches. It was all laid out to bear and Gyr flattened her ears. Not out of anger but out of more shame as the truths were laid out to her. Yeah... Yeah... She was right. "But it doesn't feel like a new normal. It feels like hell! I wake up everyday wanting to go back to how I was and I can't. I can't do anything I used to do. I feel useless." She closed her eyes, as if she could block the pain and the outside world away by force of will. She knew that the woman spoke sense but deep inside she still hurt and felt broken. " And I'm so angry that if I hadn't been stupid. This wouldn't have happened. Everyone fawning over me just makes me feel even worse." Wouldn't have happened if she hadn't met her either though it wasn't fair to snap at everyone. She knew that and still did it anyway.

Then, the other wolf came over and was bold enough to lean against her. The extra weight caught her off guard for a few moments before she was able to readjust with the weight on her left paw. Her right elbow fortunately didn't hurt with the position it was in so she didn't snap at the other to move. No, she actually felt warmed to be treated somewhat normally. Maybe it was because of the wolf's impartial role to everything where she didn't feel on the defensive.

Although when that simple question came... Something snapped in her and she began to sob. Her head lowered and the tears free flowed down her face. She didn't particularly like crying in front of others but she didn't know this person and they felt safe. "I don't even know what to say..." Here she was still being nice after Gyr had snapped. Heck, she might still leave after seeing how her emotions snapping back and forth. "I trusted someone and this happened. I just was going to poke her nose and that was it. Then she grabbed me! I couldn't do anything about it." Her sobs became louder and more broken as everything felt like it was crashing down on her. She hadn't cried this much since the incident happened. "Can I just not be friendly with anyone anymore? Even my own packmates? My Dad always said I was too friendly, maybe he was right. " She knew he was right, now. It replayed every night when she tried to sleep. It all felt like too much.
the staff team luvs u
09-20-2021, 09:29 PM
^^The idea of abandoning this nameless beauty had not even crossed Cirilla’s mind. She clearly needed someone, and Cirilla was happy to take the mantle. She could never abandon anyone in their time of need. Never. She wasn’t that type of canine. At least… not yet.

She had expected her to snap, or growl, even as Cirilla leaned against her, but to her surprise, there had been nothing. She had only readjusted herself and that was that. That was, until the uncontrollable sobbing happened that became louder and louder.

Cirilla did not know how to react. She had never been in a situation like this, and didn’t know what to say. So she just didn’t. For a long time, the Akita Inu was silent, unmoving, as she stared off into space, and then suddenly, Cirilla knew what to do.

So Cirilla slowly balanced herself on her hind legs, and made a grab for the other woman’s shoulder. She was actually aiming for her neck/scruff area, but she was short compared to the taller woman, and therefore, would have to make do with her shoulder. Cirilla did her best to be gentle, given that she was under the impression that the leg removal had been recent.

Her goal was to move the larger female to the ground, so that Cirilla could hold her while she cried, in a snuggle like fashion - because it was the only way she knew how to comfort the crying woman. She’d hold her there and groom her pretty face while she cried. You know, assuming the woman’s pride and ego weren’t so massive that she wouldn’t allow Cirilla to comfort her.

She’d go about grooming her, as if they were moreso lovers than they were strangers. And once she was comfortable, and once the sobbing had calmed down a wee little bit, Cirilla would speak in a gentle, soothing tone. “Of course you can’t do anything like before. That life is over, and you need to create a new normal for yourself. You have to learn how to do things differently, because you’re different now. And it’s your turn to show them how fierce you are. You’re fierce, right? We will overcome this, okay?” Cirilla paused with a wink and nod of her head. Of course the other lady was fierce. She was still alive, after all, wasn’t she?
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-21-2021, 01:28 AM
 For a while after, Gyrfalcon simply sobbed. Allowing everything to overflow and for the emotions to reach a fever pitch. It felt simultaneously awful but also good to get this off of her chest. To have someone to listen to her completely and fully and just be there... and be there she was.

What happened next, the tall woman was not expecting at all.

Her companion reached up to wrap her paws around her shoulders and gently would pull. The falcon resisted for only a moment before she realized what was happening and she allowed herself to be guided to the ground and into the nameless woman's embrace. It felt so nice to be held like this, to allow herself the vulnerability. Although, it made more tears flow as she tucked herself into the wolf's body and let her face be wiped of tears. This nameless belle was her savior today. The sobbing picked up in frequency for a small while and then they would quiet until Gyr had gotten herself under control. The tears still flowed but she was quieter as she let the other help her hold the weight of the world.

We will overcome this. The woman laughed; she couldn't help it. Here was this new wolf. A stranger and she'd cast her light in with her bitter self. Her tears kept rolling down her face, but she laughed and apologized for her nose was starting to run in her mix of tears and amusement. "We? You don't know me... And I've been horrible to you. Why would you help me?" Why would anyone help her when she so... horrible now?

How could someone this perfect waltz into her life like this?

"...I don't know if I'm fierce... Butterflies feel fiercer than me right now." She said through her sobs but it was a start. A flash of that old humor, here and gone again. Create a new normal? What even was a new normal right now? She balked to think about it, it seemed so hard. She closed her eyes and leaned into Cirilla. She helped keep the anger and anguish at bay.

She didn't deserve nice people like this in Shiroshika that put up with her bullshit.

the staff team luvs u
09-21-2021, 03:21 AM
^^Well, okay… Cirilla was pleasantly shocked to find that she still had her face! She had half expected Ms Snarly Pants to devour her for woman-handling her like that, but instead, she took it like a champ. Cirilla didn’t get snarled at, or anything, and there’d been no sassy remark about how ‘this might look,’ or anything.

Instead, the older canine accepted it and curled into Cirilla’s embrace… and for a moment, the Akita Inu forgot that they were practically strangers, and that the wolf had snapped at her only moments prior. All of that went out the window, as Cirilla tended to her flock and from this moment forward, this nameless babe was her flock.

“You’re right. I don’t know you, but that can be easily fixed, can’t it?” Cirilla giggled, with the shake of her head as she leaned down to bestow more gentle grooming (read: kisses) to the woman’s face as she continued to comfort her. “Here, I’ll go first. Hi. My name is Cirilla. You’re the second wolf of Shiroshika that I’ve met, cus I’m pretty new. And you were mean at first, sure, but did you know that we had something in common, my beautiful fierce butterfly? I’m also too nice for my own good. So there. I’m afraid you’re stuck with me now.” And then she’d lean down to whisper into her ears. “Sorry not sorry.”

After all, if they were going to be Cinnabons and Fierce Butterflies™ then they were going to need a support group, and what better way than to support each other?
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-21-2021, 04:40 AM
 She supposed that, yes, that was a rather easy thing to fix. The gal even offered to go first and introduced herself as Cirilla. That was a rather pretty name. The manner in which she introduced herself had Gyrfalcon giggling through tears, she felt a helluva lot better than she had before. Even more so when Cirilla expanded on their shared traits and experiences. "We have something else in common... I'm also new here." New and with one of the most terrible experiences... she wouldn't dwell on that. It threatened to pull her back under into that pit and this was the first time that she felt like she could fly above it. Even if it was only temporary. She wanted to savor this and feel like the world was fine and that she was still whole with this wonderful wolf.

Beautiful fierce butterfly? It was so corny! But it was also sweet. She felt warmed by the silliness of it all. "My name's Gyrfalcon. Although 'falcon' doesn't really fit... anymore." She winced. No humor about that. She could feel herself being sucked down.

She couldn't make light of that. Not yet.

When the other whispered in her ear, she laughed. "Oh no, the horror. I'm stuck with this horrible wolf who cheered me up. Whatever shall I do?" Obvious sarcastic humor was obvious as she tucked her head into the other's neck. Screw what anyone else though, she didn't care. Here was her happiness and she was going to take it.

"If I'm a butterfly, what does that make you?" Butterfly seemed better. At least when she said it. "A bumblebee?" Well, she was striped and bees were fierce too. She was also apparently stuck to her like a bee to honey. Ha. Not that she was complaining about the patient, insightful young wolf. She was the only thing keeping her afloat right now as the tears had stopped streaming down her face.

the staff team luvs u
09-21-2021, 07:22 PM
^^Cirilla found that she quite enjoyed the sound of the other girl - Gyrfalcon’s - laughter. It was much, much nicer compared to the sounds of her sobbing and, of course, compared to being snapped at. It was as if this angry canine had somehow been transformed into someone else. Cirilla’s curled tail wagged as things seemed to be taking a turn for the better, especially as Gyr mentioned that she was also new here.

“And just how - if I may be so bold to ask - were you a falcon before?” Cirilla smirked, unsure how the loss of a limb would turn this falcon into a not-falcon, whatever that had truly meant. Gyr winced, and Cirilla responded with a lick to her cheek and a grin as Gyr very sarcastically asked her question of horror. “Oh, gosh, I don’t know… what ever will you do, Butterfly?”

Cirilla barked a laugh and then smirked, again. Cirilla, a bumblebee? She glanced at her own coat and viewed the stripes and colorations of her coat. “Hm, I guess a bumblebee isn’t too far off..” Cirilla’s eyes narrowed though, as she leaned in to nibble at the other’s neck, gently. “Are you a cute butterfly, or are you my queen bee?”

Woah, wait. When did Cirilla become so bold?
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-28-2021, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2021, 11:36 AM by Gyrfalcon.)
 Wistfully she said, ”Only in speed.”* And partially in name. Oh, how amazing it had been to cruise as fast as her legs could carry her… and what a shame that that would never happen again. She’d never be able to run fast again…

Oh, this lady. All smiles and comforting charm. A warm breeze in this frigid land and for her bitter heart.
”I guess I’ll just have to deal…” Open and flirtatious, she pressed her nose into the other’s cheek for a moment before laughing.

Perhaps she would have been a bit nervous that her forwardness would be rejected but she felt that the other was just fine with the going’s on. Especially with her next comments.
”Why can’t I be a bit of both? Your Queen Butterfly.” Wait a second… ”Oh? Am I yours now?”** She teased. Part of her friend group or pack or whatever, she didn’t care.

It was nice to pretend she was normal. Even if only for a little while.

the staff team luvs u
09-28-2021, 07:59 PM
^^Cirilla panicked a moment, pausing in wonder if she’d been too forward; too bold. It felt like her heart was caught in her chest, and for a moment she could not breathe, and then, Gyr spoke and Cirilla found the other woman’s nose at her cheek. Her eyes narrowed as she grinned towards Gyr and gave her curled tail a few dozen wags. My Queen Butterfly it is then.” Cirilla confirmed with a happy nod of her head as she turned to lick at the other girl’s coat. She could certainly get used to this. “But just so you know, I'm not very good at sharing.” In fact, she didn't share. At all.

“Oh, shush. You can still be a falcon - if you want. Or you can be something else? Anything you want. How about you think on it while we get dinner? You've got to eat, right?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
10-03-2021, 09:17 AM
 Ah, so she took to the nickname just fine. Her Queen Butterfly. "And you'll be my Queen Bee." Haha, two can play at that game. A Queen Bee and a Queen Butterfly. Two lovely ladies of the insect... club? No sharing? "Well, that makes two of us."

Ugh, dinner. The woman groaned, closing her eyes as she lay wrapped in the other's embrace in the cold snow. "I haven't not been able to eat. Everyone is always bringing me food, I couldn't starve if I wanted to." Which, if she was alone, she probably would have starved by now. Her hunting prowess was pretty much nil, at the moment. "I can watch you get dinner though." For she was hardly useful in a hunt at the moment. Maybe not ever.

How about she didn't think about that, right now.

"I can live vicariously through you." She said with a wink.

the staff team luvs u
10-03-2021, 06:32 PM
^^Cirilla was fine with nicknames, although if she were to be honest, she’d never had one before. So when the Queen Butterfly announced that she would be her Queen Bee, Cirilla became excited and wagged her tail. It was short lived, though, because then the Butterfly was groaning, and for a moment, Cirilla was confused!

And then she was talking about dinner, and Cirilla nodded her head. Oh yes, that made sense. “It’s better if we both go hunting,” Cirilla mused with a chuckle. Cirilla was moderately hungry, and didn’t really need to eat, but how else was Gyr going to learn how to walk and run on three legs?

“But if watching is something you like to do.. ” Cirilla smirked back with arched brows.
^^
the staff team luvs u
10-04-2021, 03:47 AM
 Better if they both went? She was probably right but it was most likely best if she took things one step at a time. "It exhausted me to come this far. Imagine how useless I'll be chasing a rabbit." Or god forbid a deer or something. There was no way she was up to the challenge at the moment. "How about we start off slow so I don't open this up again, eh?" Plus, that meant she could see this lovely lady more often.

But then there was that comment.

"Pfft!" The injured falcon laughed and then attempted to playfully boop Cirilla on the muzzle with her own. "Get your mind out of the gutter!" How could anyone be anything but cheerful around this woman? She was just too much. "So, is it a date after this?" She asked cheekily with a smirk. A "date" where the curly-tailed wolf could help her come out and exercise a bit more and help her get her hunting technique back up to snuff.

the staff team luvs u
10-04-2021, 01:52 PM
^^Okay, see, relationships and emotions were not that hard - especially if her Butterfly had just openly asked Cirilla out on a date - so why had things been so difficult and so awkward with Stark? Likely because her Butterfly knew what she wanted, and Stark had not. That’s the story Cirilla was sticking to, anyway.

“Why? You don’t like it when I’m being naughty? What are you going to do? Punish me? Cirilla barked a series of laughs, grinning more when she was booped. Her eyes narrowed suspiciously, in wonder if that was said punishment. No, she decided, it couldn’t have been. So she leaned forward and smirked. “Cause I’d like to see you try.

Once her giggling had subsided, Cirilla couldn’t help but to look Gyr over with the arch of her brow, as her eyes would eventually come to settle on the injury. “Baby steps.” Cirilla would say in agreement. She wanted to help her butterfly to fly, and not to hinder her and the last thing she wanted to do was cause her leg to open back up.

As in like-like? Stark’s words caused her to hesitate. Was there such a thing as a date that wasn’t really a date? She thought not, but nonetheless, she smiled and nodded her head. “A date it is, then! ” Cirilla cooed, wagging her tail.
^^
the staff team luvs u
10-07-2021, 05:50 AM
 Perhaps she would have remarked about how she was perfectly fine with naughty but then, then Bumblebee tempted her. Taunted her. Teased her. Gyrfalcon's muzzle curved upwards into a smirk, eyes narrowing mischievously. "Would you?" Gyrfalcon leaned forward so that her muzzle would brush Cirilla's, echoing that expression. "Challenge accepted." And then she leaned back, all pressure removed as she eyed the other wolf and seemed as if she'd completely dropped it.

Only the uninformed would believe that.

Gyrfalcon was simply planning.

And would now bide her time for the perfect moment. Maybe it would be today. Maybe a week from now. Who knew?

It seemed that her words had gone over without a hitch.

Phew!

Wait, so was it a real date then? Or like... just a playful friend date?

Hopefully it was the former.

But she was too nervous to ask that.

"Excellent! So, would you," Walk me back home... The words died in her throat as she realized what home entailed. That stuffed up den. Those sympathetic glances. "Walk me to the Cherry Blossom Grove? I think it'd be nice and relaxing." And easier to get there with someone's help... as long as that help was from Bumblebee. It would be better not to be stuck back at her den, anyway. It was better for her health to be out and about with good company. 'Sides, they could talk and joke more on the way.

the staff team luvs u
10-07-2021, 04:18 PM
^^Cirilla had been joking, but now she wondered what she’d just signed up for, as Butterfly smirked up at her, taking the challenge by the horns, and leaving Cirilla to smile sheepishly at her in return. Oh boy, what did her Butterfly have in store for her?

It was playful and arousing, and Cirilla couldn’t help but to narrow her eyes and grin at her. It’s cool. It’s cool. Don’t show her that you’re scared. So she tried to play it cool, though. And then, this interesting turn of events. Miss I’ve Got This and Miss I Hate being Babied, wanted Cirilla to help her to the Grove? Her eyes narrowed even more. Was this a trick? A trap?

Cirilla smirked, finding that if it was, how bad could it be? They were pals now. Actually, more than pals, seeing as there were dates to be had. “Of course.” Cirilla cooed softly with the wag of her tail, waiting for Butterfly to stand, so that Cirilla could stand after and support her.

“So when, and where, would you like to have our date?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
10-10-2021, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 04:05 AM by Gyrfalcon. Edited 1 time in total.)
Bumblebee's eyes narrowed as if in suspicion. Did she see something in her innocent question? Likely. Perhaps she didn't know just how special she was not how she was TRYING to be nice and not overdo it. Even she could admit getting here had sucked.

Of course, she could always turn this into a prank where she dipped Cirilla in the water...

But she wasn't feeling that creative right now. She just didn't want to go home and knew deep in her bones that she wouldn't easily make it to that lovely pink-tree-place alone.

Gyrfalcon pushed off with her singular foreleg, finding it strange and unsteady as always. And, as always, she still managed to get up. About as graceful as a five-legged, sickly goose.

Impressive, since she only had three legs.

Once up, she leaned into Cirilla... Perhaps it was also a ploy to get in closer to the lovely gal.

"Somewhere the prey is fat and slow?" Or maybe prey hunting wouldn't be great. "Or maybe somewhere we can hike so I can get my endurance back? Then we can do prey later." Perhaps not speed, but endurance and her sure-footed-ness. She would NOT sit around and let others feed her, her entire life.

As for when? "Maybe gimme about a week or so?" Although she wouldn't object to some visits in between.
the staff team luvs u
10-10-2021, 04:14 AM
^^Of course the Butterfly wasn’t graceful. Of course it was likely hard for her to stand on her own, but she had to start somewhere, hadn’t she? Cirilla would not laugh, would not comment; she was there, slowly standing with her, to support and balance her.

“We can go anywhere you’d like - but not the desert! Not unless you want to watch me melt into a thousand pieces! Maybe.. the beach? The mountains?” Cirilla barked, going with the conversation as if her Butterfly wasn’t a five-legged goose.

And then, her stomach felt like it had been hit with a wave of bricks. A WEEK? You’s killin’ me, smalls. Why so long? Her ears lowered just the tiniest bit, and Cirilla nodded her head and forced a little smile. At least she hadn’t canceled altogether, but it sure felt like it.

“If you want, I can be your prey.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
10-11-2021, 03:31 AM
 The beach... Oh, that sounded so wonderfully. She wasn't a cold-weather wolf by nature and had happened here to Tsukiishi by happenstance. A trip to somewhere with nice weather, if only for a little while, sounded wonderful. "You're right, I wouldn't want my bumblebee melting away." She said with a laugh as she walked along with Cirilla.

"The beach sounds wonderful though... so, we can go there." It would be a good hike with a nice reward at the end. It was perfect. "I think you're already my prey." Then the woman would attempt to nip at one of Cirilla's ears. Yes, she was always outgoing enough to go for exactly what she wanted and wasn't shy about saying it. This one. She liked a lot.

-fin?-

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top