Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
You left before I...

Afternoon Fog
Discovery
10-22-2021, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 09:36 PM by Vendrussel.)
Since he had insisted, Vendrussel wouldn't continue hesitating even if she saw his rather reluctance. Such a beast apologizing was something she didn't want to continue arguing on and knew better then that — but she didn't take much. A rather swift chunk to rub off that was more then enough to feed herself and other for the day, most likely would bury in a cache. As she dropped the piece of flesh upon her paws, she gazed back at him.

"If you wish to hunt again, you can find me at these beaches, or within the waters," she said, pointing her snout toward beyond the fog, and to the serene look to the serepentine structures within its wake. Though with such a land being coated in fog, she'd imagine it'd be troublesome to see beyond these beaches.. Though said nothing, for Behemoth's Brim was a good guard against all, including a tiger if he were to venture to the isle.

the staff team luvs u
Hunter
10-23-2021, 07:22 AM
Glancing back with the corner of his eye, he wanted to see if she had taken anything yet.  He saw her with a very meager portion of the kill, just a single strip of flesh.  Kuhn's ears flattened as he frowned.  "That's it?", he asked in protest. Obviously he was conflicted between his desire to keep the food and his wounded pride.  After all, the hunt was contingent on her.

His tail was still flitting in irritation, and he turned his head away, trying not to look at the source of his confliction. A line of drool fell from his mouth, it was obvious the cat was counting seconds until he could get started.
the staff team luvs u
10-23-2021, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 03:52 PM by Vendrussel.)
"My land is within waters. If I take too much, it would be difficult to carry through the waves." Which she did not lie about, thinking of taking more would prove to be rather difficult, if she tried to bring back to the isle. Though the path would reveal itself on days, it was still a slippery, stoney wayward, and would prove difficult to stay afloat if the waves were too reckless on that day. She offered but a small smile, almost like an apology for her excuse. He seemed upset, and she not want that any further.

the staff team luvs u
Hunter
10-23-2021, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 09:03 PM by Kuhn. Edited 5 times in total.)
Disappointed, in his own rudeness, it seemed like he dad driven the woman off. She made some sort of excuse on why she couldn't join him. It was to be expected, it took others awhile to trust him, so why should she be different. "If you change your mind, I'll probably pull this over to those rocks."

Pacing around in a circle his attention returned to the kill, lapping blood from a puncture wound.

Raising his muzzle from the kill he attempted one last gesture, "I almost forgot, I live in the frozen woods to the north east, if you find yourself up there, I'll have to return the favor and take you on a caribou hunt."

the staff team luvs u
10-24-2021, 08:16 PM
Vendrussel nodded, indication to free to take his own reign. She took a mental note he claimed somewhere along the tundra, though knew little of some forests that were around.. The tundra though contained more beasts, and she was generally used to them, — she was not used to one speaking with wolves, and wanting to hunt. He dabbled more into their territorial life then she would prefer, but the dragon thought as long as she stayed in goods grace, herself and the ford was safe.

"I will remember, thank you for the hunt," Vendrussel said, turning toward the ocean, and within the fog itself. To disappear, to the path she needed to go to the isle.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top