Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I want you to kneel

Sunset Snow 45° F
AW
Discovery
09-09-2021, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2021, 03:00 AM by Aso. Edited 3 times in total. Edit Reason: typos lol )
@Alduin set for the day after Alduin arrives at Banesteppe! 

In the night she had seen him leave the Eye, seen him take off almost without a word. He said nothing to her about it, but seeing his form disappear, the Warmaiden waited to see if he'd return. 

He never did. 

Nyra, without a second thought, then decided to follow him. After all, they woke up here, together. 
​​​Trailing about a day's worth of travel behind his trail, the Shieldmaiden passed through the plains, the mountains, and into tundra, a territory she had never seen before. Full of ice and snow, she would lose Alduin's scent but stayed keen on everything he left behind that she could possibly track in the barren lands of snow. 

It was sunset and almost beyond, when she came to the bridge of the strange building. It was massive and felt like home, despite the eerie feeling in the silence and the whispers on the wind. Nyra stared in quiet awe at this abnormality, a sight to truly see in a land without humans. 
It was something like fantasy, especially with an unforgiving ocean as a neighbor. 

A slow wag of her tail before the wardog let up a howl, calling for Alduin if he was truly here.

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
09-09-2021, 03:01 AM
When the World Eater had disappeared not long ago, he had only told @Andraste of his leave. If only to have her as a potential ally when his pack has sprouted and bloomed. But he knew… he knew Nyra would see his absence. Rather he was counting on it. All the more reason to leave his disappearance sudden and mysterious. If he told her all the details there was a chance she wouldn’t come with him, but he knew she would seek him out if only for her own morbid curiosity.

And how right he was.

A howl echoes through the haunted halls and lands of his new home. This place is tainted with darkness and death. There’s spirits… they whisper to him, touch him, curse him. They have cursed him, he’s sure of it. He’s never been into that kind of stuff, but here — now — he’s become obsessed with the more secrets and stories of old.

Snapping himself from his trance, he stands and moves towards the double doors leading to the bridge. They’re cracked open, but not ajar. Rather dramatically, one creeks open, but Alduin is nowhere in sight. Actually, he’s about forty feet down the hallway from it. The sight makes his hair stand on end — in a good way — and he waltz right through the doors with the slightest smile on his lips and a twinkling gleam of adoration in his usually dead eyes.

“I knew you’d follow me.” He rumbles simply. He counted on her following him. So they can start their empire.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: c274449fe57ea83bb8eb757aea97705f.jpg]
Discovery
09-09-2021, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2021, 03:00 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Soon enough, she watches a door creak open in the dead quiet, and out of the dark comes Alduin himself. 
Adoration flits through his blood-red eyes and he states his certainty that she'd follow. 

A soft huff of Busted  brushes past her lips. 
"I will always find you." She responded in a mirrored tone, tail swaying steadily.
Hellfire golden eyes continued to take in the surroundings of a home she would fight to fit into if need be. The spires and gaping holes in various stone walls. It truly was its own form of beautiful.
"Would you mind filling me in on all the details?" She asked, finding his gaze once more with a regal aura that she had toned down somehow back in the desert. 

Where do I stand in all this? 

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
09-09-2021, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 03:55 AM by Alduin. Edited 3 times in total.)
I will always find you.

It’s said with the same adoration Alduin allowed to slip through.

”Good.” He says almost possessively. She has been with him since the beginning and she will remain with him until his last dying breath. Or perhaps he would be with her until hers.

He moves forward to meet her face to face on the worn out bridge. Watches as she checks out their new stronghold. He’s about to humor her with an answer — he’s about to fill her in with the details when his fur visibly stands on end. His auds shift back and he blinks slowly, as if willing something away and getting chills from it.

The spirits. Always crowding him, hungry for his attention after who knows how long of being imprisoned here for eternity. The whisper to him. They touch him. They’ve cursed him.

Keep her. Keep her. Keep her. We want her. You want her. She belongs here. Keep her. Curse her. Bind her here just as we’ve bound you. Stay. Stay. Stay forever.

His eyes close completely then, brows furrowing. He clears his throat. Opens his eyes, bidding her not to ask just yet.

“This place,”
He begins. “it speaks to me. I’m drawn to it. This is where we become Saints. This is where we raise our empire.” He says mystically, deep, and simple.
the staff team luvs u
09-09-2021, 04:02 AM
"Our empire, not just yours?" She asks with a slight tease.
A possessiveness glitters over her golden eyes then, for him and for the firm grip of promise, of what their future may hold here in these strange new lands.

Alduin seems disturbed by something, seems to be listening to more than just her

It had been many, many years since Nyra directly danced with spirits of any sort, yet Alduin seemed touched by unseen forces, where she only hears currently the mixed brushes of what these entities might say. 

Curse me, too ​​​​She thought and willed silently while waiting for his next words.
the staff team luvs u
09-09-2021, 04:17 AM
They’re on the same page in the same damn book and thankfully she doesn’t verbally call him out on his strange behavior. He huffs out a breath through his nose with a nod.

“Yes, ours.”
He emphasizes. “You will be my right hand. A leader. My harbinger of death and destruction.” He purrs with a promise like fire written in his eyes. “We will eliminate those who oppose us. Those who do not share our vision. Only the strong survive. We must cull the weak.” He says it with vigorous passion behind his voice and a fire in his belly. He wants blood and he wants it now. He wants to bathe in it, drink it, consume it, spill it.

Wipe them out. Kill them all. Bring them to us. Bind them to this castle. Bind them to you.

He hums low in his throat, looking off into the graveyard below. “But first we must rise.”
the staff team luvs u
09-09-2021, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 05:31 AM by Nyra. Edited 3 times in total. Edit Reason: edited! hopefully this is better <3 )
A wicked grin sprawls across her muzzle at his statement, that she would lead beside him as his Harbinger. It was not the first time she had been a leading figure directly under the Absolute, but she would take it without question and without negotiation. 
He trusted in her enough for this, and for that she could not complain. 

At his words, her eyes gleam with what might've been the growing vines of madness, for the flicker of something akin to madness found life in her face as Alduin spoke. 
A giddy chuckle then, and she spoke once more. 

"Let's fucking do this, then." A darkened purr from her seductive lips, and a blood-longing lick of her fangs.

I am with you. 

MINE.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top