Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
My gift is my song, and this one's for you.

04-22-2021, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 02:48 AM by Reiko.)
^^
There was not enough knowledge to be certain of Quicksilver's relations to any of his packmates. Ira was indeed strong and beautiful, any man would be lucky to have her as their mate - but it was just a fleeting thought of their previous meeting. As much as Reiko enjoyed Quicksilver's companionship, she was still far too preoccupied in finding her children to think about settling down with another man... to have roaming eyes for a new mate - especially when her heart was still heavy with the loss of a previous lover, in a different life.

“She did mention having a few individuals with her.” And who would have thought she would meet one of them tonight! Were all wolves of Vanderfell so tall, elegant and pretty like Ira and Quicksilver here? “She is quite beautiful...” Her voice trailed off into a dream-like hush, just in awe over the mountain woman's strength and presence.

“Perhaps!” The thought of the white stag planning out this whole meeting was rather intriguing. However... she would have hoped it didn't plan on taking her children away from her too. “What do you believe his plan may be?” With wide eyes and a gentle smile, she leaned in toward the tall silver man, blinking curiously as her tail waved excitedly behind her for whatever thought might be crossing his mind. Surely he had something in mind if he was the one who brought up such an intriguing thought!
^^
the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
04-22-2021, 06:08 AM
For all the fondness that Quicksilver felt for Ira, he had not paused to consider if those feelings could be romantic. Reiko's comment regarding the roan wolfess' beauty did bring life to that thought, but it was fleeting. Ira was the one to have saved him from perishing in the blizzard, the one who'd offered him a place among her group. She was his leader and he didn't even know how well she trusted him.

No, looking to Ira as a love interest was out of the question. A little anxious at the idea of insulting her with such an approach, Quicksilver licked his lips and felt heat rise to his cheeks.

It intensified as Reiko leaned in toward him, closer, until the softness of her scent threatened to overwhelm his senses. Suddenly lightheaded, the silverwhite swayed - resisting the urge to reach out and tenderly touch the tip of his snout to her own.

“I-I don't... know,” he answered, steeling himself, “but I think... I hope, that this will not be the last time I see you, Reiko Izuka.”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.png]
Discovery
04-22-2021, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 01:26 PM by Reiko. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
He was so sweet. A bundle of nerves, perhaps he wasn't comfortable around strangers, she thought, but at least he was kind despite how nervous he might have been around new faces. That was, of course, her own interpretation about it all. Still utterly oblivious to how she might be making him feel.

“I doubt it will be Quicksilver.” She reassured with a smile. Once she found her children, she was certain to move back to the Tundra, a place that reminded her, and maybe them too if they remembered anything, of home. “I must head back to the group now, rest before we leave, but I promise to pass through again on our way back to the Tundra.” She had to after all.

She had to inform individuals she met along the way that her children were found, once they were found of course, and that the search was no longer needed. To introduce the prince and princess to the friends she made along the way, and that included Quicksilver here.

Should he allow, she would give him a gentle press against his chest with her forehead before walking off to head back to the group. Turning around in a quick pirouette, “Until we meet again Quicksilver!” she bid him a final farewell, for now.
^^
<3 <3

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
04-22-2021, 01:13 PM
She shared the sentiment, but more confidently than he was capable. Quicksilver felt each corner of his maw tug upward in a small smile, though the downward sweep of his gaze revealed his shyness.

Reiko carried on to announce her departure, and his pastel eyes rose once more. There was a reluctance in him to see her go, and as fiercely as he wanted her to stay a while longer, he appreciated that she had greater priorities. Quicksilver inhaled and dipped his muzzle, feeling his heart sink, but it flopped uncomfortably as the snowflower reached out to touch him again. Electricity coursed his veins and, holding his breath, he struggled to keep his limbs from giving way beneath him.

“Until next time,” he echoed, and watched her depart from him with a solemn sweep of his tail. When she was gone from his sight, Quicksilver let his breath whoosh past his teeth and he lingered there a short while longer, totally confused, but a little less heavy than before.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.png]
scroll to top