Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
he, like me, is haunted by his heart:

Midnight Sunny/Clear
P
08-25-2021, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2021, 04:10 AM by Riannon.)
[narrow width=800]
tired weird post for @Kaster

it wasn't often that aėrith found herself with a predicament;
but neither was that entirely the truth, either; she did not like to wonder at the moments of an old life lived, tossed through her shrouded memory as gods would with gold marks. but she knew that there had been several such times in a tundra  ( not unlike the one she tread over this night and last morn )  where she had been faced with one misfortune or another. yet, of them all, only good had sprung out of one.

one, where, if she were to rest a moment, she might still hear that whisper-thin croon of 'kuunhekku' at the velvet cusp of ear.

no!  —
let it stay dead and gone.
let him turn to ash in her soul.

before she could bear the burn of silver in her throat once more.

even so, she felt so horribly distant from her mists;
from her daughters and the smattering of followers;
everything and, as always, more than it all.

but she must close her heart to it;
make iron the marrow of her bones.
( she was sotaherra, was she not? )

some ways away, what she'd managed to forage at the garden hours prior lie unacknowledged. her lips press together in a thin line as she tries once more;
leaning with what weight she has into the crown of the skull-grin elk, heaving herself against the base of its antler.
[/narrow]

the staff team luvs u

ᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴍ ᴏ ɴ  ·  ᴠ ᴀ ʟ ᴇ ʀ ɪ ᴀ ɴ  ·  ᴛ ᴜ ɴ ᴅ ʀ ɪ ᴀ ɴ 
( riannon speaks common with a thick romanian accent )
08-29-2021, 04:37 AM
Tired, weird, and crappy reply ♡ (and sorry for the wait!)

It was cold, It was dark -- and the prince was adamant on hauling the hell back home to close his eyes and allow exhaustion to take him. Pheobe had sat near the base of his scruff with owlish (literally) eyes, watching afar what he didn't acknowledge from his current perception -- not that he cared much to delve into what his hen was staring daggers at, to be honest. Homie just wanted some sleep and fuckin' quite.

Though when the weight of hollow bones and talons suddenly lifted away from his back, the archer couldn't help but allow Pheobe the attention she so clearly wanted.

Pheobe didn't actually want Kaster's attention, turned out, but the attention of a complete stranger he'd never seen before. A dainty, sylph-like woman who blend in with her surroundings so much it would've been easy not to give his side a second glance. It would've been much easier if they just pretended the strange she-wolf who was curb stomping the shit out a skull, walk home and make things less complicated -- but today seemed to be 'Get on Kaster’s last nerves' day.

So be it.

"J'apprécierais que tu ne testes pas ma patience maintenant..." the archer said to his winged partner, staring pale-blue daggers at the bird as she perched on the ugulate's skull and stared curiously at the fine-boned sylph. The fae was virtually ignored while his sights were on trying to bring Pheobe back, and hopefully the tounge he assumed she didn't understand would disinterest her in whatever was going on.

please don't talk to me. please don't talk to me. please don't talk to me.

the staff team luvs u
09-10-2021, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 08:02 AM by Riannon.)
wack post pt2

[narrow width=800]oh, but talk she must  —

for how could she do anything but, when he is so terrible and red and terrible, and is shawled in the scent of her  ( if only for an eve )  suneater's spire, and has with him a companion that is not too unlike her own. paused in her work now, she looks to the owl that looks back at her and smiles a slow, sneakthievish smile; one where the tips of her fangs glint against the lune-light as she eventually slings a thin arm 'round one great antler and implores to she:
  "i would ask you where i could find the weakest point,"  her lilting voice low with bitter mirth; a nod the red's way,  "but i see that you are masterful already."

her voice raises now; carried to him on weak winds and a theatrical sigh:  "why must you be so severe, aiano? is it not the duty of you brooders to help those in need of it?"

lips pressing together in a thin  ( and surely irritating )  way; and the nightingale rests her chin so easily on her own proffered arm.[/narrow]

the staff team luvs u

ᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴍ ᴏ ɴ  ·  ᴠ ᴀ ʟ ᴇ ʀ ɪ ᴀ ɴ  ·  ᴛ ᴜ ɴ ᴅ ʀ ɪ ᴀ ɴ 
( riannon speaks common with a thick romanian accent )
scroll to top