Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Thank you

03-01-2021, 07:11 AM
I just wanted to say thank you - to every member of staff, to those behind the scenes who have been encouraging and idea spinning and waiting with bated breath for these moments. It's been a few days since Beta Wave 1 officially launched and I am just honestly beyond happy with everything. I love the details like the IC forums listed first over the ooc items  placing emphasis to what the actual point of the game is. It's such a lovely concept, too, all  the freeform building and growth that's truly member lead. 

I'm just kind of marveling at this all, and we're barely getting going. But you guys are just making it amazing for each and every one of us and I just want to send all of the hugs and gold stars to you guys.
the staff team luvs u
03-01-2021, 08:06 AM
T______T psdpgakmnsgjknasg jeez Sonia I am floored by your kindness
the staff team luvs u
03-01-2021, 06:41 PM
This, 100x this!!! Canis really feels like my dream site so far and it has only started! I am so excited to have you here Sonia sharing this experience and the shared excitement we all have <3 <3
the staff team luvs u
All of my characters are rated 3-3-3
Plot with me here | Visit my art shop here
03-01-2021, 07:22 PM
You guys are so, so wonderful. Thank you for your enthusiasm, your patience, and your friendship. I can't wait to see what this site becomes with all of you here <3
the staff team luvs u
[Image: threadtopimage.jpg]
03-01-2021, 07:31 PM
I wanna thank y'all for your willingness to participate and patience with the waiting. Seeing how Canis has taken off thus far has really floored me, but it's no wonder with y'all behind it, willing to help it grow and work out the kinks and alladat. ECHOING ALLLLL OF GINA'S SENTIMENTS <3
the staff team luvs u
03-02-2021, 09:34 AM
<3 <3 you guys are all wonderful!!
the staff team luvs u
03-02-2021, 10:02 AM
(: <3 my brain doesn't have a proper response but I don't want to ignore asdkfnsjdf very excited for the future of the site and for members to help build a world we can all enjoy
the staff team luvs u
03-20-2021, 12:59 PM
(03-01-2021, 07:11 AM)Sonia Wrote: I just wanted to say thank you - to every member of staff, to those behind the scenes who have been encouraging and idea spinning and waiting with bated breath for these moments. It's been a few days since Beta Wave 1 officially launched and I am just honestly beyond happy with everything. I love the details like the IC forums listed first over the ooc items  placing emphasis to what the actual point of the game is. It's such a lovely concept, too, all  the freeform building and growth that's truly member lead. 

I'm just kind of marveling at this all, and we're barely getting going. But you guys are just making it amazing for each and every one of us and I just want to send all of the hugs and gold stars to you guys.

What she said!
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top