Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Bug: HR Automatically Creates a New Line

08-17-2021, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2021, 12:41 AM by zina. Edited 2 times in total.)
Description of Bug

So a few of us have noticed that when we use the [*hr] code, it will automatically create a new line when previewing or when you go back into the post to edit it. Trying to edit posts or the compendium when [*hr] is used is unfortunately tedious as we have to go through all the [*hr] tags and erase the space otherwise it will be unsightly when the post is edited.

I had to come edit this post to add * and had to erase the spaces LOL

How I write it 
[Image: Screen_Shot_2021-08-17_at_3.51.27_PM.png]

How it's supposed to look
[Image: Screen_Shot_2021-08-17_at_3.54.46_PM.png]

Going back in to edit
[Image: Screen_Shot_2021-08-17_at_3.51.40_PM.png]

How it looks if we don't erase the new lines
[Image: Screen_Shot_2021-08-17_at_3.54.07_PM.png]
the staff team luvs u
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

All of my characters are rated 3-3-3
Plot with me here | Visit my art shop here
08-17-2021, 08:01 PM
As I was just using this in Alina's profile, can confirm HRs do not do this in profiles.
the staff team luvs u
08-18-2021, 02:38 AM
This is a consequence of the editor we're using and extremely difficult to change. I'll add it to the backlog, but in the mean time, the workaround is to not use the editor at all. This is why it isn't a problem when editing profiles.

You can disable the editor by going to User CP -> Edit Options, then turn off "Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages."
the staff team luvs u
08-18-2021, 03:44 AM
Having a workaround helps! Thank you!
the staff team luvs u
All of my characters are rated 3-3-3
Plot with me here | Visit my art shop here
scroll to top