Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

the messenger bird flies

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
Nightwalkers
08-16-2021, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 02:10 PM by Teodora. Edited 1 time in total.)
teodora is delivering a message to vengeance as per celnes' request. calling at the borders!

^^

This was Teodora's first chance since the Dominion to do something she was good at, what she was born for; though if you asked her natal pack, it wasn't what she was born for. Teodora was a woman who was better with her mouth than her claws, never fitting into the fighter, defender or hunter role. Messenger, diplomacy? It was a much better fit for the lady. Was she nervous? Potentially, though she was certainly a woman who acted on her own opinions, her own experiences, she still felt a little nervous at seeking out the Warlord of the Nightwalkers. He could kill her, if she looked at him in a way he did not like and what could she do? She was not a fighter. Little would come from her death, she knew, she was not important enough to break an alliance over -- it had been some time since she had been deemed important to anyone.

Teo stopped herself there, knowing that death though an option, was a slim one and she was doing herself a disservice by letting herself get wrapped up in a way that was not her. Vengeance and his walkers deserved a chance and she would remain as herself as she delivered the message that she had been trusted with. Teodora in all of her leggy elegance came to a halt near where their scents brewed, strong with the scent of a border and let her ghostly gaze roam over the lands before she lifted her chin, howling for attention. Behind her, her tail curled at her ankles as she waited.

It would do no good to go wandering into their lands without an invitation.^^

the staff team luvs u
08-18-2021, 02:38 AM
^^
A call summoned him to the borders - one that was unfamiliar to him as of yet and so his mind began to wander as to why a feminine voice would be calling for him. Well, there was no time for him to get groomed and ready to meet the lady. As per usual the Boss turned from his current business of eating some kind of meat from their stash and begin his short journey to the borders. She would wait a little while, but not too long before Vengeance would arrive to greet her.

She was a cute thing, tall and all legs, certainly not looking for him of beasts within the mist - certainly this wasn't the place she was looking for and mistook it for some other misty woods. As he approached with a drum of his paws against the earth, scattering the mist with every bear-like step - the smell of her brought to his senses why someone like this one would be at his borders.

“Ah — An Elkshirian.” Though slightly disappointed, his demeanour changed ever so slightly. No longer did he eye her like some kind of dish but instead sought to catch her eyes with his. “Are you the new messenger?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
08-18-2021, 11:59 AM
^^

He was as big as they said, stocky and full of muscle. Teodora wished to shuffle on her paws but she remained stood as she was, ghostly gaze watching the beast approach. With him came his scent and awfully, she thought that she'd never smelt anything like it -- him -- and wondered briefly if he knew what scent he gave away. Shamefully she told herself off mentally, he did not deserve her thoughts and thus, she smiled. Softly and warmly as he approached, a man of handsome features -- if not marred with plenty of scarring. Aside from his scent, he fit the image of the tales the nursemaids used to tell her when she was a child, of big, handsome beasts riddled with scars of battle. He fit the Elkshire tone, she thought, for his earthy tones. It did not evade Teodora the reason why Elkshire was in alliance with the Walkers, the man looked as capable as anyone could be, if not more.

Teodora, oblivious as she was, hadn't caught onto the gaze he had held upon her -- eyeing her like meat. Instead, when his red gaze sought her own, she held it with purpose and ease though not an inch of aggression nor challenge could be found within her ghostly depths. It was of no secret that Flynn had come back with injury though in truth, Teodora didn't know the ins and outs of what happened -- only that he had been delivered back to Elkshire with red lacing his coat. "Yes," she supplied softly, "Teodora, sir." Ever the one with manners, wasn't she? "Is it presumptuous of me to think you are the Warlord they call Vengeance?" Dora inquired, an edge of play to her voice though she remained diplomatic as ever, watching him with a nervous belly.^^

the staff team luvs u
08-23-2021, 09:01 PM
^^
Licking away any saliva that pooled on his lips and tongue, cleaning that mug of of his lazily as to not dribble on himself during this conversation - there he remained for this little chat of theirs like the eye of a storm. In any direction it could fall, where violence and pain would await - it was a fragile thing to remain in the calm interior as he waited for her to speak. The last messenger had failed to impress him, leaving a bitter taste on his tongue as he hoped this one would be different.

She called herself Teodora. Such a sweet thing he thought. Vastly different than the last thus far. But even that meeting had started off on a somewhat pleasant note before it devolved into the shitfest it had become. “I am.” Is all he said in return, saying little as there was little he needed to say other than confirm who he was as he waited for her news. At least she did her best to confirm who she was speaking to before giving away any precious information.

It would be a shame if sensitive topics were shared with someone else who didn't need to hear what she had brought to them after all. 
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
08-23-2021, 09:37 PM
^^

Handsome men were trouble, this she knew, even the ones that smelt like death. He seemed to try and clear himself up, his tongue sweeping across his lips and pulled back in the wayward saliva. Teodora wasn't sure how to describe the man aside from beastly, though it was fitting, she supposed -- but she thought nothing of it in a bad way. To each their own and so long as he'd not use her as a chew toy, Teodora thought nothing bad of him. Though she did wish to gift him some flowers, thinking he would be better off if he warded off the scent of death from his being. How charming would he look with a flower planted behind his ear? Oh, the urge to giggle! 

He confirmed his identity and though he could be lying, he looked every bit the description of the beast Vengeance that she had heard. "A pleasure, sir," Teodora supplied softly, evenly, tilting her head to the side as she watched him. "I bring to you news from my Queen," behind her, her tail swayed as she swiveled her ears, remaining alert. "Those who have displeased you are now on the list," the words felt strange on her tongue yet she knew them to be true; those missing from Elkshire had brought the only fate possible upon them. Though to Teodora, it wasn't entirely clear what that fate was but given the nature of the Nightwalkers and the ruthlessness of the Queen, Teodora need only guess once. Recalling the meeting, she said, "they cursed her and her children. Banned from Elkshire and now, they sit on your list."

She need not wonder what he would do should he see them. Teodora may be a lady of delicate nature yet she knew what happened out in the world; even if she often turned a blind eye to it.  A pity, she thought, for she had liked Meissa from their interaction yet now, she was told should she see them to... dispatch of them. Teodora was not a killer, not a fighter but need she be, when wolves like Vengeance existed? ^^

the staff team luvs u
08-29-2021, 07:11 PM
^^
A pleasure, she must be lying, he mused to himself. Was it ever truly a pleasure to meet him? Hydra certainly must feel that way, perhaps she was the only one to actually grow excited with his visits in any sense of the word. It was not an insult to think of, instead he found it rather amusing how others would try to remain on his good side. To kiss up to him was certainly one way of doing it. To appease his sense of "better than they" was always a safe bet without codling his pride.

Theo finally shared the news that brought her all the way to the Reach - and a creeping grin found its way to his dirtied maw. Yellowed fangs glittering in the pale mist light, shrouding the sun that desperately tried to find its way through the clouds. With a deep hum that pulled form his vocals as the man exhaled, his maw hung over so lightly open as to taste the air that lingered between them. That sweet taste of what was almost victory.

How humorous. 

The Queen who spoke so highly of her servant despite the ugliness in her appearance to both her judgement against white pelts - as well to him who detested mutations and their inbreeding problems that lay within. Oh how wonderful this all played out and all he had to do was sit tight after all. “The Nightwalkers are delighted to hear it.” He droned with a sinister joy behind his tone. “When you return to her, let Queen Célnes know I will honour our alliance.” By honouring, he would take pleasure in tearing her enemies down as if they were his own.

Certainly the others within the pack would feel the same.
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-01-2021, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2021, 04:22 PM by Teodora.)
^^

A part of her thought on what it would be like to be privy to his private thoughts; for certainly it was likely to be... interesting. Though perhaps not ones Teodora would be able to stomach. A gentle woman who knew the darkness of the world, who would turn a blind eye to it so long as it did not come knocking on her door step... yet she would still seek to heal those harmed by the darkness should they need her to. Teodora had learned that she could coexist with beasts who favoured the life she could never lead, simply by accepting them for who they were and embracing them -- to some degree. Change would always happen, of this she was certain. Vengeance was a killer, there was no sugar coating it. He and his ilk were cut from the same cloth yet in her Queen, she saw the darkness swirl and breed. Darkness was acceptable, she thought, for certain means.

She would simply not harness the darkness as they had, opting to be skillful in other ways. Never would she survive in the Nightwalkers yet she could coexist with them quite peacefully, she thought. Very rarely did she seek to annoy. For what reason would she have to poke the bear as he stood before her, power thrumming in his veins? Very little. She smiled at him, easy and soft as he droned out his reply, happy to hear the words she sung. Teodora wondered if it were words he had been waiting for since he had delivered Flynn back to Elkshire; for the only reason the man had been alive was the alliance, of that she was certain. The woman was, quite often, off with the fairies yet she was not stupid, she could hear the sinister touch to his voice and could only hope that the day never came that it was directed at Teodora's life.

"Of course, I will see to it that she knows," Dora agreed demurely, a gentle wag of her tail swaying behind her rump as she peered to the man. "Thank you for coming to my call, Warlord," it would have been interesting, certainly, had anyone else shown yet this got the job done as it needed to and for that, Teodora was thankful. "I believe we are to see you and yours soon at the Event," she tacked on softly, "bring your joy, Warlord! The puppies are absolutely adorable," though she knew he was unlikely to think the same as her, she could not help but share her delight and she stepped back, signalling it was coming to a close. He was unlikely desiring to be kept by the likes of her.

"It has been a pleasure," she added, a little more firmly. He, whilst surely an intimidating creature and a somewhat smelly one at that, had been pleasant to her. In his own way, of course -- she was not bleeding and dying on the earth, was she? Teodora continued to act on her own judgement and for the moment, the Warlord held a positive vote for her. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-08-2021, 02:26 AM
^^
She was a sweet little thing - pretty, polite and knew how to speak to those who held a rank over hers; even if they were in different packs. Unlike the last messenger, she held herself high with a certain unchallenging pride. He couldn't help but let his mind wander to the less... innocent thoughts. To taint her with his presence, how much of a good mother she could be. Certainly with that temperament of hers she would make a great mother, or at least a wetnurse...

If only she wasn't a part of the alliance with Célnes. He would have loved to try and get her to join them for his own purposes, needs. Oh well, he couldn't have them all after all... even if he would have loved to.

At her appreciation for his arrival to her call, the warlord nodded. Accepting what had been offered even if she might be simply sugar coating it just to remain on his good side. She cried out with enthusiasm - words being lost on her vocals as he could only imagine them screaming out other things... how it excited him, and how he needed to take in a deep breath to keep his composure just a little longer.

It electrified him - and perhaps he would seek out Morag after this to exercise that need in a different way. Morag's strong body would not be the same as this one's gentle, feminine curves just waiting to be broken under his weight - but it was better than nothing at the very least. “Likewise, Teodora.” He managed to say before they parted ways.

This was certainly one he would like to see more of.
^^
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top