Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
End of passion play

Late Evening Drizzle/Rain
AW
Nightwalkers
08-15-2021, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 08:41 AM by Alduin. Edited 1 time in total.)
The silver prince and his pale war-maiden would walk for hours, maybe even days. They were in search of any sign of life. They needed information and information they will get. If waking up beside a woman he knows the name of but had no mental recollection of pissed him off, the fact that he has no damn clue where he is only adds heavily to that. This would show in his walk; heavy strides that leak purpose, but with no real destination in mind.

So, when he happens upon a heavy scent he halts warily. Ruby red eyes gleam death as he peers around the shadowy forests. There’s obviously a pack that has claimed these lands. Any normal wolf would hightail it out of there. He is far from normal and he is on a god damn mission.

Despite the scent, this is exactly what he wants. He would back far enough until he can just hardly smell the many strangers that roam this land and howl. It’s heavy, deep, and rumbling, urging the likes of the packsmen to make themselves known before him.

He has some questions he needs answers, but surely he won’t get his until he answers some of theirs. When they appear, whoever it may be, Alduin — the world eater — would be standing strong. Black masked face woven into a blank expression bordering on irritated, stocky body tall with a proud curled tail falling over one hip. The moonlight illuminates him, paints him a sickly blue, while his eyes seem to glow their devilish hellfire red.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: c274449fe57ea83bb8eb757aea97705f.jpg]
08-15-2021, 03:08 PM
^^
When a howl rang out to summon him to the borders, what he would find was not something the Warlord was expecting. Heavy paws carried him through the mist, cutting through the terrain with ease - only to stop with a furious snarl tickling his lips as he caught sight of the brindling upon their back. Caught in the moonlight, shrouded by the mist, not enough so to hide the pale markings on a black canvas.

Did the bitch return? His maw salivated with rage, wanting nothing more than to dispatch of the woman here and now that she had offered herself on their doorstep once more. This time she would not leave as she did last time - no, he would add her bones to their grave and shit out the remnants of her in time.

His pace slow, the beast approached still. The closer he got the more of he creature unfolded clearer.. this was not that woman, but someone else who didn't please him just the same. Their sagging face and curly tail were signatures of a species which Vengeance thought "lesser than". Disgust painted across his mug as he approached, the scent of male was evident furthering that this was not the same bitch as before but something else entirely.

No words were shared other than the silence that crawled within the woods. He wanted nothing to do with this thing on his doorstep. Whatever they wanted, they would not get it from him.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
08-15-2021, 03:32 PM
It was often that wolves showed up to the Nightwalkers intentionally. If it were someone from Elkshire, Caligula would be eager to greet them. Greet them with his fists, yo.

He was disappointed when he arrived and found nothing but a large black wolf.. thing. Caligula was not quite as prejudiced against hybrids as his warlord, but he certainly noticed something being askew as Vengeance had not immediately demanded answers. Suppose it was up to his general to handle the trash, then.

"Yes?"

the staff team luvs u
08-15-2021, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 05:56 PM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
She walked alongside Alduin the whole way, stride for stride mirroring power and authority both in heavy waves. Days though it may have taken, she stopped with Alduin upon the doorstep of a reeking packland.
Someone or something here stank
with her equal standing beside her, Nyra stayed quiet as Alduin howled for an audience. 

The first man who answered didn't look at all happy, snarl on his maw. Nyra's already raised tail stiffened, but though she had began curling her own lip on impulse, it was more the smell from the apparent Alpha that made her do it. 

The second man who came, seemed a little more reachable rationality-wise. Both of the two were just as gigantic as herself and Alduin, but this was only notable, not worrying.

"Aren't you both fine specimens." Nyra purled at first, her sexual side caught out in the open where, currently, it shouldn't have been. 
To the both of them, it seemed...co-leaders, maybe? She spoke more audibly, holding her pose. They were obviously waiting for an explanation. 
"If you have any to give, then we only ask for answers. Where are we?" 
She'd tempt the idea of joining their pack in a moment. For now, it seemed best to try and play mediator between the angry powerhouse she knew, and the angry powerhouse standing in front of them with his seemingly-calmer co-lead.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
08-15-2021, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 10:12 PM by Alduin. Edited 1 time in total.)
They don’t wait long, someone seems to be approaching. The prince’s scarlet orbs flick up to meet the figure materializing out of the darkness. Mist surrounds them and the daunting man’s entrance is one that would make most hold their breath in anticipation. No, not Alduin. He has no fear. He does not fear death and especially does not fear the devil himself — for he is the fucking devil.

This man though, seems to be the devil incarnate. Large, imposing form, thick with muscle. His fur is matted and almost sticky looking — sticky with a substance unknown to the brindled brute. And red eyes just like his. Alduin almost wants to smile, but truly nothing can make him smile nowadays. This man is powerful, holds rank, but is absolutely disgusting. The young Deagon wants to fight him of course. Anyone who gives out energy like that just makes Alduin’s fur bristle at the idea of clashing teeth with them. It’s only a natural reaction, for he’s wretchedly dominant by nature.

Yet, Alduin is many things and, although, they did prance onto this dangerous packs front porch, he is not stupid. He can read the energy of the room. So, when the caramel furred giant begins moving toward him with a look of utter disgust on his face, Alduin doesn’t move. He traces the other’s face with his own blood soaked eyes, intentionally making eye contact. The other shamelessly inspects him and Alduin simply allows it. He’s never been ashamed of his genes or looks, rather he’s the opposite of vengeance; he believes wolves are inferior to dogs.

Still, Alduin doesn’t comment, only hums evenly in his throat as he looks at Vengeance just once more — something else has gotten his attention. Another large male has arrived. It seems this place is ripe with Warriors, for the man boasts many, many scars and injuries that are evidence that this man is to be respected — he’s been through shit and lived to tell the tale.

The other would almost politely question them, the prince would open his mouth slightly to speak, but ultimately Nyra would beat him to the punch. Thankfully he is moderately pleased with what she has to say. And if Vengeance continues to inspect him like rich people taste fine wine, then so be it. He wouldn’t ignore him, occasionally acknowledging his presence but never speaking to him… yet that is.

Alduin would look the heavily scarred man in the eyes, but one could tell he does it with at least some respect. Yes, we seemed to have spontaneously woken up in this strange place. Unfamiliar from our own.” He hums in that deep, gravelly voice of his. Unintentionally elongating certain syllables and emphasizing others.

He would pause briefly, turning his gaze onto Vengeance so as not to seem disrespectful that he not acknowledge this man as well. “We are both respected and feared warriors where we come from.” The World Eater would have an amused gleam in his bloody eyes as he looks at Vengeance through his relaxed but slightly terse expression. “I’m aware that means little here, but perhaps we could be of use to you. For answers of course.” Hr purrs, eyes never leaving the wild furred male. He offers their services to them, only as long they get an answer or two.

If Nyra disapproves, well, thats just too bad. He knows one must negotiate in the favor of the others court to get what they want at first.
the staff team luvs u
ICC Warning
08-15-2021, 10:37 PM
^^
The torn ear turned as Caligula approached from the mist behind. Never turning his gaze away from the duo who dared to call him to his borders to see this, whatever the fuck this was. Their cocky attitudes and the way they spoke to the Warlord and his second in command would not go unnoticed either. For two lowly wanderers to look at leaders of a pack as though they were equals, as though a dog could be equal to a beast like the bogeyman of the misty woods - it was laughable.

Firstly the woman spoke, and flatly did Vengeance offer her a passing glance. A shame she would travel with a dog of all things. She was large and powerful looking, there could have been much greatness she could be if she hadn't stooped so low as to ally herself with an inbreed specimen of a dog like the one standing here. 

The boy however hums. Which snatches the Warlord's attention away as he too begins to speak in some dramatic way. Perhaps something was wrong with his head, dropped perhaps by his dog loving mother leaving him daft as an adult. “No.” Already he had refused to answer any questions brought to his door before; and he would surely not change his habits now in the face of some freak with defective genes. “We have no use for your kind. Begone and find your answers elsewhere dog.”

And that was all he would say on the matter. The only words uttered as he approached with fangs exposed, lips on the rise as ripples of skin flowed over the other as he prepared to chase both the brindle backed man and his female. Should they refuse to take heed of his demand for them to leave, he would no doubt lunge within moments of now... it was only a matter of time now as his prejudism urged him forward.

Disgusted by their presence. How dare they interrupt him for this.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
08-15-2021, 11:10 PM
Caligula had never met a hybrid before, and though his boss sneered from the shadows, the general was curious. Curious as to why anyone would willingly mix species so carelessly, curious as to whether why anyone had let the half-blood live. His tail was shameful, curled over his back as it was. Weird. Gross.

His attention shifted onto the woman as she spoke, purring her words like she may have been part feline. At this rate, he wouldn't doubt it. As far as being a fine specimen, Caligula had to disagree. They were the only specimens, quite actually.

And then the man spoke up, claiming them to be proud warriors from another life. His brow furrowed, and as Vengeance had already declared them unworthy, Caligula only thought to add: "Why are you talking like this?" Was it a dog thing?

Ah, it didn't matter.

"The Warlord has spoken."

They were lucky he didn't send them to Celnes, as stark white as her coat was.

the staff team luvs u
08-15-2021, 11:58 PM
It seems this is a very tough crowd. 
​​​​​The Warlord isn't budging on them, so as he starts drawing nearer in quick succession, Nyra suddenly swirls on Alduin, looking him dead in the eyes with a look only seen by him. 
Surrender. Follow my lead. 

​​​​​"Dog, huh? You told me you were a full wolf with special genes. Liar!" Nyra roared, hackles raising, tail lashing.
She'd need to make a quick show of this before they both got ripped the fuck apart. 
Drawing herself tall, Nyra growled loudly, eyes wild. She pressed herself into his space, crowding him with the iron willpower of a god, the sheer force of will that willed Alduin to cower down, to turn, to run. She would not...not yet. Maybe she'd die if she didn't prove her worth here. 

"Pathetic mutt, get out of my sight!" she spat cruelly, grinning with murder on her face.
the staff team luvs u
08-16-2021, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 12:21 AM by Alduin. Edited 2 times in total.)
It seems his dog half is what fucks him here the most. He’s not blind to it. He’s met many who detest dogs and it just so happens the World Eater looks much more dog than he does wolf. How unfortunate for him it seems.

Though, unfortunate must be an understatement for the shit-show he’s caught himself in this day. Clearly, this mottled brown man and his company detest dogs even more than Alduin would’ve thought. Which again, is nothing new. So as Vengeance looks upon him with detest and speaks with a rabid sneer in his throat, Alduin flicks his eyes to the curling of the others lips, revealing yellowing and rotten smelling teeth.

Disgusting.

Even with the threat of death he remains mentally sound and he knows this man is not bluffing. Even as the scarred one pokes his fun Alduin doesn’t even spare him a second glance.

The Warlord has spoken.

The prince would back up from the snarling wolf as a subtle sign of submission, lowering his head even with broad shoulders. “It seems he has. I will do as you wish.” Alduin confirms grimly, but clearly shows that he’s in the action of leaving.

Only then, just as he’s turning around, his companion whirls around to snarl her own teeth at him. A flicker of anger brightens his scarlet ringed eyes and his own lips twitch up at her display. He may not be daft enough to challenge the other two, but Nyra — ooh, Nyra is fair fucking game.

That is until he sees the look she gives him and his mind catches up so very quickly. It’s a gamble on her part, but he sees what she’s doing. The World Eater would shift his ears backwards and back further away as she moves closer, her own teeth on display as she too shames him for his dog half.

Pathetic mutt, get out of my sight.

As you wish.”
Is all he would grunt out, monotone as ever.

In that moment his eyes would flick towards the other two, dipping his head curtly as if to say farewell. He would heed their warnings. Turning on a dime, he would begin his walk away from the badlands he’s found himself in, curled tail bobbing atop his hips as he does so.
the staff team luvs u
08-16-2021, 12:49 AM
^^
His growing aggression did not cease, even with Caligula's smooth and level headed words the beast was on the verge to lunge. To snap. To spread their insides all over the woods as a warning to all like their kind who would dare to approach the woods with a cocky head on their shoulders, believing themselves to be better than to be rejected - to demand anything at his borders as if he was at their servitude.

There was a reason why he shed the title of mercenary within this past passing moon. No longer chained to missions but instead living the greedy life of a boss among his rats. Spreading their filth like a disease through the lands, everything they touched soon to be theirs and nothing left to share with those who didn't carry the Nightwalker pride.

The sudden shift as the boy cowered was noted. Perhaps his previous air of arrogance was nothing but a facade, but Vengeance was no fool if it was a simple game he was playing. To come off as some coward when previously he was oozing pride just moments ago, pride the would have to be washed away with the piss of the Warlord to make sure their scent no longer lingered on their borders as soon as they were gone. 

As soon as the threat was given the woman turned on her partner. Spitting with ire and fire as she demanded him to leave. Believing some kind of lie that the boy had some kind of "Special genes"... she was either daft, blind, or both. For now he would focus on the mutt, watching him flee before tossing a glance at Caligula. What does he think they should do with this pale female? If he was honest, he was on the fence with her and her... mental fortitude.  
^^
the staff team luvs u
08-16-2021, 11:59 PM
"What in the actual fuck," Caligula replied, his voice distressingly calm despite the vulgarity. Perhaps he was the most diplomatic of the two leaders gathered, but that certainly didn't mean he was going to pass up the opportunity to amuse himself.

Vengeance said nothing, merely gave him a look of questioning. Caligula furrowed his brow and turned back to the woman, clearing his throat. "You've the scent of hybrid all over you and somehow believed the man when he said he was purebred? I'm not questioning how gullible are, but also yes I am. That is not a trait we seek here, but perhaps the pack to the south would be more inclined to assist such formidable warriors as yourselves." He shifted his weight, bored, and stiffened up a bit. "Perhaps your friend will forgive your cruelty if you catch up to him." His tail flicked dismissively. That was all, thank you.

the staff team luvs u
08-17-2021, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 04:18 AM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
Alduin caught on fairly quickly, but once he was gone, the other two seemed rather on the fence. She should've figured that would happen. 

Turning some, just enough to glance them both, Nyra sighed, smiling sheepishly. Boy, this would take some explaining...the tricky part was...how to do so? The pale man seemed to have caught on to her play, but she wanted to see if this was worth insisting upon.
She couldn't bring herself to lie further than she already did by getting Alduin to bail. Not from fear, but hope and self-preservation. 
"Truth is he and I woke up together. We came from the same place before this world, but in that place, he was my student. I care for him and didn't want him to get killed due to his arrogance, so I did what I did to get him to bolt. Not that I appeared much different, presentation-wise, for which I offer my apologies." She glanced at Vengeance then, not keeping eye contact for longer than a second or two "If you still don't want me here, don't want to test me via combat or anything, then fine, I will leave, but I am pure wolf and I will pledge myself to you if you decide to give me the chance. He will not come back."

Here, she backed off a few steps, just in case the Warlord truly wanted her gone, in which case she meant to exit as wanted.
the staff team luvs u
ICC Warning
08-17-2021, 08:33 PM
^^
What Caligula voiced was exactly how the beast of the mist felt. What the fuck indeed. The General had made his decision and in turn, Vengeance felt it was unanimous among them on what to do here. But she didn't take his rejection, and instead insisted on her worth. Both as a pure bred of their kind, as well as a warrior should she prove worthy. He couldn't tell if she thought of them to be stupid, gullible, or if she was either of those.

Her story and claims made no sense. She babbled on as if something she would say would stick to the proverbial wall. As if the Nightwalkers were desperate enough to accept just about anyone within their ranks no matter how suspiciously they were acting. The matter here is that neither Vengeance or Caligula trusted this woman and her companion was simply unacceptable due to his... mixed heritage.  

And as far as Vengeance was concerned... she arguing Caligula's decision and continuously prattling on, was neither of a good sign that she would listen to orders as they came. She too, as her companion first came off as, was arrogant; and he was done talking here. As she continued to talk he offered a warning lunge, snapping his teeth as close to her as possible to get her to skedaddle as well with her tail between her legs. If she wouldn't listen to words, then maybe this would get the message across.

Get the hell out of here.

And the next lunge he would make would not be a warning. This was not a challenge to prove herself neither through a battle - should she fight here, he would be certain her corpse would only be used as another warning sign to others along their borders.
^^
the staff team luvs u
08-18-2021, 01:29 AM
The woman fled as the warlord lunged, and Caligula only passed her a fleeting glance as he watched her form disappear into the mist. It was so curious, he thought, that they would show up so desperate to align themselves with absolute strangers. It had bullshit written all over it, large and bold enough that even the one-eyed general could see it.

"I'll admit, I've never met a dog before, but that thing was hideous." Caligula shrugged and turned, eager to return back to Important Nap Things™️.

the staff team luvs u
08-23-2021, 09:38 PM
^^
The woman fled just like her companion. A strange duo he will have to admit, something he will simply chalk up to spending too much time with a dog of all things and not enough with her own kind. Too much of her was spoiled by such a creature. What a shame, she could have been great.

“That is what happens when inbreeding becomes a norm.” He spat with hatred on his tongue toward that creature and his looks. If it wasn't clear already of the prejudice he held toward non-wolf kind, it must be now. As Caligula walked off to continue whatever he was doing, Vengeance would continue to patrol the borders... watching should either of those two dare to return and test their limits with the Nightwalkers.
^^
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top