Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Astra's Dance

Late Evening
AW
08-15-2021, 12:52 AM
For any. During Astra's visit.

The show was unlike anything he had ever seen before. The northern lights danced marvelously to the north out over the Frozen Ground and atop a rocky outcrop at the footfalls of his home, he could see them without hindrance of the forest which clung around the outskirts of his land. They were beautiful and yet, far more beautiful then he had ever thought to have seen them before. With colors far brighter, far more then he had ever seen before. And for a moment, as he watched in silent and blissful awe, he thought he might have seen one of the Gods themselves dancing through the lights...
the staff team luvs u
*Ragnar frequently has black feathers woven into his scruff, curiosity of his good friend, Krakarak.
08-15-2021, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 03:32 AM by Iona. Edited 1 time in total.)
Hope you don't mind me hopping in :D

Iona had walked for quite some time and found herself in quite a rocky terrain. To her knowledge, this was the first time traversing on a landscape such as this. Because it took so long to even reach the area she found herself feeling her efforts of making it this far. The she-wolf started a little past sunrise and only stopped a few times to rest. She was definitely paying for it now.

Indigo eyes looked up towards the night sky through trees to see a little bit of the colorful display and she wasn't sure if her eyes were playing tricks on her but she could have sworn she saw something else. However, the trees obstructed her view. She needed to climb higher. A tired sigh pushed out from her lips. Half of her wondered if it was worth the effort but she knew she would end up regretting not confirming it.

So she pulled more strength from within and started making her way up to the higher ground. Every once and a while she would stumble on random loose rocks but it was never enough to make her fall. Soon she found a spot she could stop to get a better look and it appeared she wasn't alone. Her black lips parted to make her presence vocally known but a figure in the sky distracted her. “Amazing,” she breathed. She couldn't believe what she was witnessing.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-16-2021, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 03:17 AM by Ragnar. Edited 2 times in total.)
Of course not!

For awhile the golden prince (as he was so called as a child) was alone and in silence. He was content there in his home and was only disturbed by the presence of another which stirred that silence. But disturbed, he was not...

She was a small woman, petite and looked to appear delicate all around with a snowy pale coat like the land around her. It seemed that this land had quite a few of equal measure and Ragnar had been blessed by the company of young and attractive women.

“Welcome to Northfall.” He welcomes, unphased by her trespass. She was barely even so, as the pack was still but a band, small and spread thin in such a vast territory. “The Gods dance for us tonight.” He states, turning his gaze from her and jutting his muzzle up to the heavens.
the staff team luvs u
*Ragnar frequently has black feathers woven into his scruff, curiosity of his good friend, Krakarak.
08-20-2021, 10:42 PM
<3

Although it was quite a beautiful sight to behold, she had no idea what she was watching. There was a figure dancing in the sky who looked as if they were born from the stars. It was unlike anything she had ever seen. Well, at least what she could remember from her past which was very little to nothing. 

At first, Iona didn't get a good look at the male before her attention was drawn to the sky. His raspy voice pulled her awareness back and that was when she took notice of his features. His much larger form was blanketed with golden hues and although there was still a bit of distance between them she could tell his eyes were a light shade in color. No doubt he got attention from wandering eyes.  As he continued to speak she followed his gaze back to the display. The Gods...She didn't know what she believed in but now she was starting to believe in something. This had to be proof that the Gods really do exist, though she still had questions. “What a marvelous show they bless us with,” she said in return.

Before she got lost in the view once again she focused on what he had told her. Northfall. That was the name of this place, right? She repeated the name over and over internally in hopes to put it to memory. However, with all the distraction from the sky, she didn't even think to question if the area was claimed or not. There wasn't a strong enough scent for her to be completely sure. Seeing as he knew the name of the place and welcomed her as if it was his own home, it caused her to wonder if it was possible. “Oh, thank you for the welcome. I'm sorry if I am intruding or trespassing. Is it alright that I am here?”

“”
the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-23-2021, 01:43 AM
Her voice rings, light as her figure, as flowing as the long tendrils of her coat. He nods in agreement to her and turns his attention back from the skies and onto the woman out to his side.

He shakes his head to her, lifting a limb and shaking his paw. “Oh no, miss- you are most certainly welcome.” He says politely, settling his limb as a wide smirk touches the creamy features of his face. “However yes, you are trespassing. This is the home of my family and I.” He pauses, waiting to gage the reaction in her eyes, more vibrant then any wild indigo flower he had ever seen. “Home of House Stormborn. I am Ragnar.”
the staff team luvs u
09-13-2021, 02:28 AM
Sorry for the delay! Got a bit busy the last couple of weeks and I'll be out of town for the next 4 days. Sorry! <3

Her eyes pulled away from the sky to settling upon the male's face once more. He offered her a broad smirk on his creamy face which made her feel a little bit better with her unannounced arrival. Although her presence was welcomed she soon found out that she was indeed trespassing which made her feel a little nervous yet again. Thankfully he still didn't seem bothered by it but she did feel a little embarrassed for not catching it. 

Her ears flattened slightly as if her body was moving towards submission before her mind caught up. “Oh, this is you and your family's home? Home of House Stormborn.” It was a good name. “ Thank you for the welcome and I apologize for the trespass.” Given how he was, the apology was probably not needed but still, she had manners. “It's nice to meet you Ragnar,” another good name. “My name is Iona.” She smiled warmly at him, taking note of his stunning ice-blue eyes. “You have a nice place here. Have you been here long?”

the staff team luvs u
Formation
09-18-2021, 09:11 PM
Oh that's perfectly fine! I had gotten covid anyway and was out of commission for awhile.

He nods as she confirms this as the home of his family, watching her ears flatten as her ears fall to her skull. Wherever she had entered this mountain range from likely was of a path not well established by his family as of yet. As said, being only the pawful of them and having claimed a eastern chain of mountain and forest around. There was much to mark and much to guard.

“The pleasure is all mine, Iona.” He speaks back, her name easily rolling off his tongue. “We've been here no more then two moons. It took some time and travel for us to find this place, but with the mountains, forest and ocean view, I'd say it was worth it.” He speaks with a proud confidence, his light eyes meeting her darker ones. Apparently, too, she had found it worth her while to come here.

“And you, Iona...” He pauses, looking her up and down with playful, yet lingering judgement. “What brings you to the north?”
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top