Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Bug: member tags not the color of their primary group

08-13-2021, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 02:46 AM by zina. Edited 1 time in total.)
Description of Bug

Ive noticed on a few accounts that are in packs their color does not update when you tag them despite everything on the admin side looking gucci idk if this is another username display name issue or something else at work but here
the staff team luvs u
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

08-13-2021, 10:32 PM
Link me to the threads so I can fix. It's probably just that a cache refresh is needed for the MentionMe plugin.
the staff team luvs u
08-13-2021, 11:09 PM
https://canismajor-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=2296
https://canismajor-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=2312
the staff team luvs u
08-14-2021, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 02:46 AM by zina. Edited 1 time in total.)
Yeah, not a "real" bug, or at least the easy workaround is to refresh the MentionMe name cache in Admin CP -> Plugins -> MentionMe
(I've fixed it for the above examples for now)

I'm going to leave this here anyway as a reminder for me to adjust this darned plugin to update the cache when a user changes groups.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top