Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Only you know the way that I break,

Morning Sunny/Clear
P
Elkshire
08-13-2021, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 08:49 PM by Célnes.)
"@Teodora," she approached the woman some time after the meeting. The time was nigh', she had to make haste upon the matters at hand. At least get what was needed out of the way, a rush.. It was to be expected though, as the Queen had only recently gave birth, she could not do much while staying within the den, providing for them. How she yearned for them to come of age already.. Surprisingly though they have been growing fondly, slowly becoming but uprising children.

Yet, they still thrived on milk, and she could not stay far.

"I'd like you to send a message to the Nightwalkers, particularly @Vengeance, please tell him those who he was displeased by (Flynn & Meissa).. Are now on the list."

She knew he would mean those words; that the wolves not only one he called ugly, but the other that did such unruly behavior.. It was free-reign to be a kill on sight matter. Rather, it was preferred. Though she didn't desire to send any out to specifically hunt them down, for if they knew better, it was to simply stay away from the temperate claim.

the staff team luvs u
08-16-2021, 10:45 AM
^^

It was... unexpected to the slender woman that this was what it had come down to. Often blissfully unaware with her head in the clouds in the territory, Teo had felt saddened to hear what the Queen had to say during the meeting. She knew, of course, that there were... favouritism to certan fur colours and a distaste for others or perhaps one more than others but Teodora hadn't thought it had been... that prevelent, that it would cause such a movement. Yet here they were, with change in their midsts and an unwelcoming label upon their name. Teodora was a woman that despite being in the clouds, spoke with diplomacy and did things finely, properly -- and to hear that there had been less than dignified ways of speaking? It made her sad.

Her ears twisted upon her head as she heard her name, called by none other than the Queen and she turned, offering her a saddened smile but their edges clung with reassurance to the Queen. "My Queen," Dora greated softly, warmly, her ghostly gaze curious for the call. She need not wait much longer, for Celnes made her intentions clear. She knew of the Nightwalkers, their reputation but she nodded, not a woman to cast judgement until she met them herself. That and she was used to this; venturing to Packs of all kinds when she had been the messenger, the diplomat for the Dominion. "As you wish, my Queen," Teodora agreed softly, giving her Queen a gentle nod as she searched the elegant womans features. "I am sorry for what has happened and I can only seek to be a shoulder should you require it," The leggy she-wolf added quietly, voice full of warmth as she flicked her tail. "You would like me to go now, I imagine," Teo added, not a question but waiting for the go ahead.

She would go as soon as Celnes required it of her, a small part of her excited for the journey. ^^

the staff team luvs u
08-18-2021, 02:47 AM
"Thank you Teodora.. You are only one of the few I can trust at the moment." A moment of weakness did the Queen slip her truthful mind. Even if Teodora and herself never truly had many conversations, the woman was someone who did not leave her side, and often took company in the background with mindless chatter.. Even if a certain Serpens was lingering in the background, those two were often side by side. She could only trust the task to so, feeling that the rest were not up to so, or needed elsewhere. Remus, the guard, onto the borders as he always was, she needed his due diligence and prowess. The poor woodweaver Calliope, fragile and lost as she was, with memories, Célnes felt would not due well as a messenger. Oh and dear Cynefrid, too sweet to send, such a fragile woman who would break under the Nightwalker tension.. Even Vaskian, though an elk would be hunted rather then listened to. Vivian was the same.

The rest, though valued, she could not trust them. Corliss, her dear cousin who was hard into the Deorwine religion, often scorning Célnes for the path she took. One could not forget her time within the second Kingslend alongside with Calhoun.. Thistle could be said alongside the same lines. Isabella was far too new, and oh so dear Ellinor.. A question for another time.

"Take Serpens if feel uncomfortable going by yourself." She would understand, the reputation that they so hold, some would not enjoy going alone.

the staff team luvs u
08-18-2021, 12:15 PM
^^

To be one of the ones that the Queen could trust made her feel awfully warm. Teodora knew that often she may be overlooked for she could not fight nor defend, despite carrying the height one may think suitable for a Knight or Warrior but she had always stuck by the notion that she could be useful for her other skills. For her brain, for her intellect and her knack for diplomacy. Célnes saw her use and saw her heart; knowing Teodora was not one to run her mouth full of distrust. It was nice, she thought, and she would hold onto that feeling. Though she thought it sad that the Queen only had a few select wolves that she could trust, Teo was honoured to be one of them. "Always, my Lady," she cooed softly, warmly, truthfully.

At the mention of taking Serpens, Teodora swallowed thickly and kept her smile up though tilted her chin ever so slightly. The man had been evasive as of late and Teodora was trying to not focus on his absences. "Oh, I thank you for the thought, my Queen, though I should think this is something I may do on my own," Teodora supplied gently, "I have trust that I would not incite their rage, as unpredictable as they perhaps may be." Very rarely did she find herself in trouble that she could not talk herself out of yet she also knew she would do nothing to poke the bear to gain his persona hatred. The alliance between Elkshire and the Nightwalkers was important, this she knew and though the beasts may be vicious, Teo was confident in her ability. One of the few things the tall woman felt confidence in. ^^

the staff team luvs u
08-25-2021, 09:31 PM
"We had one messenger cause issues, I trust you will not do the same." She momentarily stormed at such a thought, though didn't know exactly that occurred, it was but a blessing that Vengeance did not bring him back completely torn, simply battered and bruised. There was a value in their alliance, and anyone who knew the boogeyman, would know he would not take anything lightly, especially the disrespect of whatever the ex-deer prince had done. A sigh would come along, before travelling back into her usual smile.

"May the High Elk bless you in your travels."

the staff team luvs u
09-01-2021, 04:08 PM
^^

Luckily, Teodora was not in the business of troublemaking. Not as Flynn had been, at least, and she smiled. "Your trust shall not be broken, my Queen," Teodora assured her, stepping into her role easily as she prepared mentally for the task at hand. She would preen, secretly, at having the Queen's trust. She would not betray it, not as previously done and by the Queen's own blood, at that. The elegant woman had long since earned Teodora's loyalty, being the only one to remain in her life and truthfully, she'd not done anything to warrant Teodora's distaste. The fur situation... well, it was one that would come full circle, she was certain. 

She dipped her chin, her ears tall and perked as she gazed at Celnes, "and you, my Queen." She murmured, "and your little ones, too." It was not a farewell though a part of her felt like it was, for she had been lost, abandoned and left by everyone now, a part of her thought she would return and no sign of Elkshire would remain. It was silly, a little girls thought and Teodora quickly shooed the thought away as she smiled to her Queen. Turning, she started her departure for the Nightwalkers.^^

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top