Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
You don't want nothing at all to do with me

Evening Fog 77° F
P
Nightwalkers
08-12-2021, 01:51 AM
@Aries Minxy and I already agreed on the outcome of our thread so Vengeance is missing the tip of his left ear and a fresh wound on his lip and across his nose that will scar

^^
After dealing with @Morag, he left to find the man who had beat him to the prize that was Morag's heat. Although granted it wasn't made completely public what he wanted to do with her in the end - he had already come to a decision on the matter and all he had to do was deal with Aries now. Perhaps make it clear this time that she was off limits during her season.

Even with the logical side of him thinking it through, that perhaps just a chat would do - the rage that bubbled up could not be contained. Fur bristled as blood oozed from shoulder still from Morag's fangs. His nose bled from a cut across from it so did his lip, hanging swollen and open as his left ear not only had a notch it from a previous female encounter... well, it was left with a missing bit at the top.

Slowly he was looking more like his title of Boss - a Warlord by nature and carved and cut to fit the bill. Fur bristled in every direction, some mounds pointed out randomly as it stuck out with gore and saliva. As his face was normally perpetually angry, it had a certain fire to it this time as he followed the Capo's scent.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
08-13-2021, 01:44 AM
It shouldn't be hard to find the firebrand, pelt color aside in a murky forest. Aries skimmed the borders, his gaze more focused on what was out there than the dangers that lurked within...because of course, why would he be concerned about those inside? Still, the smell of vengeance was ever hard to ignore, and it didn't take a brain to realize that his scent was fresh. The capo only had time to glance into the woods to see the hulking beast coming his way with a fury that made his own pelt prick uncomfortably with anticipation. 

Look a lil peeved, Boss. What's got your tail in a bunch now? Their allies perhaps. He had heard of the incident with the deer boy that fled and tried to jump, but the details were a little soggy with him. The deer queen get ya in a huff? I've got a lil itch in my paws if ya need someone to go pay them a visit. No no...he couldn't be more off the mark. This time it would be for him.

the staff team luvs u
08-13-2021, 02:57 AM
^^
Indeed, Aries could not have been more off about his assumptions. Although Flynn and his little stunt did put a dent in their alliance with Célnes, it was nothing that they couldn't work over. No, these were more personal matters.

The man was completely oblivious to the indiscretion he had committed. As the fiery man spoke the Boss remained quiet, only letting his tongue lick at the still fresh wound on his nose, tasting the copper tones of his own blood. “No, they have been dealt with. I am here for you.”

It was a shame that he was within Vengeance's crosshairs today. Despite having a mouth on him, Aries was doing well in the Nightwalkers lately. “I do hope you had a good time with Morag recently.” Hope it was worth it as yellowed fangs glistened, peeking out just underneath the blackened lip that desired to lift.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
08-14-2021, 05:29 AM
"I am here for you."

A simple sentence, but one that gave enough of a warning for the fire clad to bristle himself as he grit his jaw with a smirk. Oh yeah? Now, what exactly brings this kind of reception out for lil ol' me? He knew pissed. If he wasn't pissed then whoever around him was, but this guy had straight-up murder in his sights. In HIS opinion he had done nothing for this little parading displace before him now...but of course, he didn't know.

"I do hope you had a good time with Morag recently."

Ah. There it was. The cogs were slow to turn, but he could put two and two together. Was he actually jealous? Dear ol' boss had a heart after all or the mask of one. Vengeance never did fit the bill for love, but he had gotten his bitch. He snickered, something light at first until it ruptured into a cackle, Oh, that's it, huh? Sorry, didn't see a name on her ass.

the staff team luvs u
08-15-2021, 03:23 AM
^^
A shame indeed. Well, this is what it was like as males wasn't it? You find a nice piece of ass you wanna make sure only mothers your children and as the donor you must now fight off any other men who might want to plant their flag in her soil. “She and I had an agreement.” He began, taking a step forward toward the crimson man.

“I have already dealt with her, now it is for you.” A pause. His oil slicked tail flicked to one side. “During Morag's heat, she is mine. At any other time you may do as you wish.” Well now he knew, there would be no excuses later on should this incident repeat itself. There was no need to warn Aries of what would become of his possible children should any remind Vengeance of him. That was already decided and there was no need to warn him should he want to hide them from the Warlord's wrath.

Now was a good time for Aries to begin choosing his words carefully. The Boss was just about to lunge and begin a battle here as he had done with Morag just hours prior. This matter had to be dealt with swiftly so he could return to her and continue guarding her wandering body should any other male come across her scent.
^^
the staff team luvs u
08-15-2021, 08:42 AM
So ya expect me to follow this agreement when no one told me? What fuckin' bullshit was that? He was no god damn mind reader. The glint of his own fangs would peek from beneath his jowls, his own anger beginning to rise like a slow-moving thermostat. Fuck this shit, take it out on the bitch who crossed ya. Am I the only one who you failed to inform?! Sounded like it was his own fault someone else had beaten him to the punch. Not that it was really a question for Morag, he was better looking and didn't smell like a walking morgue. Of course, she wanted dessert before she spoiled her apetite.

Fine by me, do I look like I give a rat's ass? If that was it then really whatever he could throw a dog a bone. Not like he was lookin' to be a dad so her heat mattered little to him, but if he was giving permission to fuck her any other time that was honestly a win for his belt. Yet even with his law now placed, the lash of the warlord's body did not cease. Aries watched as Vengeance moved, eyes narrowed with a swipe of his own tongue over his fangs.

He wouldn't be the one to make the first move, but he was poised like a viper ready to strike should he be ignorant enough to act on an unspoken law. What's it gonna be big boss? The fur along his nape and shoulders rose with his jowls. He'd be happy ending this conversation here and now, but hell if he would turn tail like a little bitch for doing what any other man would do in a lawless land.

the staff team luvs u
08-15-2021, 08:47 PM
^^
“We are talking now are we not?” Even if it might have some major aggressive undertones - he did not immediately lunge at the man with words unspoken with the desire to tear into him. To tear off that dick of his so the situation would never repeat ever again, but leave the testicles so he would forever be cursed with a base of blue balls. No, he was being rather diplomatic.. as diplomatic as a deplorable man such as himself could be.

No man made a move to start a battle, in fact Aries was rather dismissive over it all. Although Vengeance felt he had every right to tear into the man just as he had done with Morag... the matter of fact was that no one had told him. The fact was Morag was the most at fault and with no further instigation on the matter, the Bossman felt it was good enough to let this moment slide and devour any kids that look like Aries to end it.  

With a snort he snarled at his own decision to not make any further movements on the firebrand. Defensive, but not quite pushing for the fight to ensue. “Remember the position she put you in.” Was all he said as he prepared to move away and return to the whore who would soon mother his children. “You now know.” And a mistake such as this would not fly by him twice. 
^^
the staff team luvs u
08-16-2021, 06:10 AM
“We are talking now are we not?”

The low grumble of a growl caught in his throat. Some fuckin' talk, but it was true. His fangs were not currently buried in his ass so it was a start. He didn't fear the boogeyman, he had clashed with him time and time before and certainly, they would clash again. Not today though it would seem. He had only come to put his body on display. At the end of the day, he was the Boss, and of course, he wanted to make his claims clear.

Aries snorted, his head jerking to the side as he let the fur along his nape lay flat. Yeah yeah, I ain't cruisin' for a bruisin' just say your shit before it comes up next time. Better yet, keep ya doll under lock n' key. After all, if they're gonna point fingers it was her fault, not his. If Vengeance was that concerned he should have just hidden her away before she had the chance to flaunt everything. After all, dams were often high on crazy when in season. We done here?

the staff team luvs u
08-16-2021, 07:23 PM
^^
Tensions were still high between the men. Surprisingly enough (to all players involved) no fight actually broke out. Even if the still displeased Warlord was eyeing the firebrand with the desire to rip his skin from bone - none of said desires would be practiced upon today. At least not this time folks, put your betting money away.

“We are done.” Pissed off and on edge, but he would cool off in time. What was done was done and now Aries could not use the same excuse twice - and Morag, well, he would continue to deal with her in time. She was stubborn one to tame but he was willing to put in the work for the sake of proper genetics to fill his ranks.

Turning away from Aries he would return to Morag as her heat was not done yet. There he would remain to keep all other paws off of her for the rest of her season.
^^Exit
the staff team luvs u
08-16-2021, 09:53 PM
Not once would the warlord's stare drift, his intentions unclear as he refused to change his posture, but after a thick moment's passing he would speak. Seemingly done with him, the boss turned to leave, every bit as angry as he was when he first arrived. Once his back had turned, Aries bristled once more, his tail giving a short lash before he too would go his separate way to continue along the borders.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top