Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Take this night, wrap it around me.

Morning Partly Cloudy
AW
Discovery
08-10-2021, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2021, 01:14 PM by Rhys. Edited 2 times in total.)
Maybe @Izumi?

The High Queen's engagement to Hieronymous was supposed to be a joyous event. Quicksilver was happy for them, naturally, and threw himself into his own preparation for the big event that was soon to follow. On the day of their announcement he'd begun at once by laying fruits in the sun to ferment: apples and berries that grew abundant in the lowlands, allowing them the chance to soften before the mashing process could begin. Alcohol would provide a grand treat on a wedding day.

With the men expected to hunt, Quicksilver readied himself to do just that. He'd cleaned their stores of spoiled meat and, considering the Summer weather, he felt it useless to re-fill until closer to the ceremony date. Until that time and, having regained some energy to travel, the silverwhite made his way from Vanderfell territory to scout out the local herds to determine their numbers and maybe select some targets.

He followed cloven hoof prints, far enough to the North that a thin, crisp layer of frost crunched beneath his paws. Amid fluffy white clouds the sun was bright, without threat of snowfall, and the scent of an elk herd drew him toward the forest that rose along the base of Dragontooth.

+1 discovery

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.png]
08-11-2021, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2021, 01:14 PM by Rhys. Edited 1 time in total.)
A sudden urge to wander drew her towards the ever growing expanse of mountains westward. It was a nice change of scenery -- not to say that Tsukiishi's frosted tips didn't have its own visual charm to it, but Izumi was never really a snow dwelling wolf at heart like most of it's residence. This warmth was a nice change of pace, ecspecially with a touch of sparsely placed trees that gave the cool air more of an soothing earthen smell to top it all off. Really -- it's been far too long since Izumi saw a temperate forest.

The willowy crane traversed the forested parts of the valley, slinking her lithe frame against the occasional tree or two to mark where she'd be coming from upon her return. A pale pelt like hers did not see fit to camouflage in the woodish greenery of trees -- Izu practically stuck out like a sore thumb. Though it appeared the crane wasn't the only one who had to deal with such a color contrast, as the pale shape of another wolf began to materialize in the near distance.

and this scent-!

Even if it was in distant memory, it was farmiliar enough to make her do a double take and freeze where she stood.

Being too cautious to approach herself, however, gentle lilac depths continued to follow the male's shape to anticipate this reveal and answer her question...

+1 discovery

the staff team luvs u
[Image: IZumi1.png]
Discovery
08-11-2021, 04:49 PM
She was silent, watchful, and Quicksilver did not notice her presence until the undeniable feeling of being watched made the skin of his shoulders prick. He paused beside a tall pine to look around, swivel his sterling ears for any sound of movement, to test the air with widened nostrils -

Reiko.

Lavender. Fresh-fallen snow. Wintertime. Each equally chilling to the heart of him, yet making it skip all the same.

He nervously swallowed his heart as it rose to take residence in his throat, though when at last he caught sight of a tall, elegant and pointed figure he felt his taught muscles slacken with relief. Quicksilver's pastel gaze lingered softly on the dark muzzle of a familiar face, that belonging to she who had called him "Sundance".

Hadn't someone else called him that recently?

“Hi,” he greeted, tone wavering with hesitation.

the staff team luvs u
08-11-2021, 05:30 PM

Ah.

She'd been spotted.

and Izumi supposed it was rather creepy to be watching someone like this as opposed to announcing her presence beforehand -- she just hadn't realized it until said person actually noticed her. Akwardly staring for a few seconds when their eyes met and after he spoke, the young crane would slowly dip her muzzle halfway in apology and turned to leave the man to his own devices -- whatever those would've been.

Until she'd freeze, and snapped her neck back around to get a better look at him.

In the heat of the moment at trying not to make a fool of herself, Fujiwara had forgotten why she began staring in the first place: because the boy reminded her of someone farmiliar -- and now she knew why that had been. So, swiftly turning her form, Izumi began to slink towards the silver-laden boy with more of the confidence to approach in knowing he was someone she'd actually met before.

"Sunda--I mean...."

No wait, that wasn't right.

"--Quicksilver, right? It has been quite a while..."

She needed to get over the fact that none of the seelie court wandered these lands anymore, he confirmed that after telling her he knew no Sundance -- and yet...she couldn't shake the strange feeling that she was exactly on target with what was assumed to be true...

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
08-11-2021, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 05:43 PM by Quicksilver.)
Flustered, she almost referred to that name again. Sundance he repeated it in the privacy of his own mind, and his ears splayed backward briefly, awkwardly, before they sprung forward again in recognition of the second name she spoke.

Quicksilver. No matter who he'd been before, that was who he was now.

He dipped his head to her as she ventured closer, this friend if Reiko whose name he could not immediately recall. Quicksilver was sure it was similar to the dove's surname - Izuka - but the more he thought of it, the further it slipped from his mind. So instead he did not move to greet her in the same manner as she did him, and simply gave a timid wave of his white-tipped tail.

“Right,” he confirmed his calling, “it has, indeed, been a while.” Awkwardness loomed over him, between them, and before allowing himself the space to overthink, he asked: “how have you been?”

the staff team luvs u
08-11-2021, 06:17 PM

The air was thick with an unknown tension and he seemed a little skittish despite his flickering tail -- was it because of her? The way she'd been watching him from a distance? The realization that this might have been the case made Izu want to blurt out how she wasn't stalking him or anything, since it was an agreeably akward start to their second meeting. Though In thinking that would only make this situation far more uncomfortable than it had to be, her attention was instead drawn to his question.

"I've been doing quite well, actually," the dame responded softly, anxiously letting a tounge run over her lips and nose as she continued. "I live not far from here, in the Tundras with Reiko and her daughter with a pack." No prior history towards the interactions between the dove and the silver-white had been made apparent to her, only that Quicksilver was apparently someone Reiko had known, and the Dove had been someone he mutually knew well enough."I didn't think we'd see each other again after that brief meeting, but I probably should've expected you to still be wandering the mountains, shouldn't I?"

"What about you?" She questioned on, lilac eyes searching the silver knight curiously. "I'm aware you were acquainted with Reiko at some point, so perhaps she'd like to know you're still doing well after all this time?"

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
08-11-2021, 08:46 PM
She, too, seemed uncertain, and Quicksilver was very aware of the guilt that simmered in the pit of his belly. Was his anxiety the cause of hers? The silverwhite straightened himself a little, trying to appear more bold, but the curling of his tail betrayed his attempt at displaying confidence.

“Oh, I'm... I'm glad to hear that,” he told her, despite the uncomfortable flop of his heart to hear Reiko's name on her tongue. Quicksilver offered a bright smile, false on his lips, and he shifted his weight to step forward. He roamed closer carefully, not wanting to intrude on the crane's personal space, but fearful of her thinking him to be too cowardly to venture closer.

She asked after him in return, which was... sweet. Quicksilver could tell she was a gentle creature, one who held much in common with the snowflower who still held his heart, and his powder blue eyes were cast away. He looked through the woods, feeling the hollow ache in his chest as she - Izumi, that was her name! - made suggestion of keeping her Empress in the loop. Reiko herself had tended to him only recently, something she'd seemingly kept secret, until she'd vanished.

He dreaded to think what he'd done to deserve her neglect.

“I've been... Well enough. That is very kind of you to offer, but it won't be necessary,” he smiled again, one tainted by sorrow, as he faced the pointed fae, “I do not wish to trouble Her Highness with my word, but it is wonderful to learn that she and her pack are thriving.”

the staff team luvs u
08-14-2021, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 03:01 PM by Izumi. Edited 1 time in total.)
Quicksilver had been a mystery thus far, a farmiliar face who'd been a stranger mistaken for the real thing all this time. What had been hidden underneath it all? Of those soft blue depths just as gentle as his demeanor towards she? Izu could look into them all she wanted to, but there was nothing there that would help the crane get a better read on the silverwhite. All of this would've came down to asking Silver about himself instead of trying to read him like a text book, but still feeling guilt about questioning him into a state of confusion last time, the willowy crane was far too shy for a simple "Tell me about yourself." to slip from her lips.

Even as he straightened his posture and drew closer, she could still feel the pressure of something far too ridged for the soft air. She did not move closer herself upon noticing this, but only tried again to read the situation for what it was. What was it?

Why did things seem melancholic all of a sudden?

“I wouldn’t believe you’d be of trouble to her. Reiko is a kind soul that holds those she knows dear to her -- you would never be of trouble to her." The femme affirmed with an air of soft confidence. She knew Reiko -- if her and Quicksilver had been friends, for what reason would she have to turn him away? Perhaps she can reassure him of this to give him more confidence. "She’s been sick as of recently, but is better now…perhaps I can….”

but did Izu truly know the situation here?

Her conviction began to melt away upon remembering that no, she did not no too much about Quicksilver or his life at all -- so assuming what the issue was wouldn't have been very appropriate.

“I’m....I'm sorry. I suppose I'm prodding into something that isn't my business, aren't I?”

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
08-15-2021, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 02:37 PM by Quicksilver. Edited 2 times in total.)
Izumi's attempt to assure him fell on deaf ears, for Quicksilver had concluded while still on Tsukiishi that he was not worth the Empress' time. He was not angry about that, just disappointed - more so in himself than with Reiko. He blamed himself entirely for the distance she placed between them while he slept delerium off in her medicine chamber. She'd sent word to Ira to retrieve him for no other reason than to be rid of him.

A burden. Still he couldn't recall a lifetime before Vanderfell, but he couldn't help the fear in him that a burden was all he was destined to be.

To Reiko, to Ira, to the pack. To himself.

Quicksilver felt the beginnings of a headache begin behind his eyes, but he paid it little attention when the crane spoke of her companion's sickness. Something awful plummeted in his gut, the lead weight of dread, as he blinked in surprise, though the concern subsided with knowledge that her illness had been brief. “I... am glad she is well again.”

It bothered him that the snowflower had failed to tell her comrade, one as long-standing as Izumi was, that she'd encountered him on the edge of her claim - had nursed him on their frozen mountain. Had he really been so awful that Reiko refused to discuss his presence with her friends? He inhaled a shaky breath, and turned his face away as shame burned hot beneath the alabaster of his furs.

“It is alright, Izumi, it's just...” he did not look upon her again as he carried on, “I-I was injured, lost for a time. Reiko, she... treated my wounds in her medicine den for a few days, just recently. It-” he swallowed, “surprised me, that she did not mention it to you.”

the staff team luvs u
08-15-2021, 06:04 PM
The way Quicksilver looked at her confirmed his lack of knowledge on Reiko's sickness -- which was to be expected, as she wouldn't have said anything if she already suspected him of knowing, but was she starting to relay too much? Couldn't be, right? Vanderfell had been their allies, to her knowledge -- despite not having the courage to visit them yet, and she didn't believe Quicksilver to be the type to use such information maliciously. He was not an enemy, and neither was his pack.

What wasn't expected, however, was the information he would relay to Izumi in turn -- he had already visited Tsukishii recently without her knowledge, and Reiko had welcomed him in, additionally, without her knowledge. Izumi had failed to see the silver druid at all after so long ago before the Empire was set in stone, and assumed the boy was merely wandering Vanderfell's hearth since then. Even if the crane had been out wandering the tundra that week, his arrival to Shiroshika would've been noticed, either by scent or announcement -- how had she missed it?

"I...had no idea..." the siamese admitted quietly while looking towards her paws, still apologetic that she really did assume this to be the case of his insecurities. Even so, Izumi did not expect Reiko to be aware that she would've wanted to know when Sunda.....Quicksilver had come over to visit, as she had yet to tell the snow empress that they'd already encountered each other -- and the ongoing conflict she had with believing that this wasn't Sundance she was talking to.

Thoughts aside, her lavender gaze trailed back towards where Quicksilver stood as she finally began to close some distance. There was some hesitance as she stopped in not knowing whether it would be okay, but an ink welled paw slowly found itself away from the ground and sought to rest on the silver druid's shoulder -- reassuringly. "You are okay though? You're injuries, and your travels back home?" there was no doubt he was if Reiko herself had been the one to heal him at the time -- she trusted the woman's work. Yet it didn't take an expert to realize he'd been upset about something, still. In his expressions and lack of eye contact, there had to be something that was still nothing him. 

"You'll have to forgive me, Quicksilver. I only assumed you've been in Vanderfell this entire time because I've never seen you after that day. Had I known that you've been strayed from your pack and hurt, I would've approached asking for your wellbeing first instead of stressing you unnecessarily..."

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
08-15-2021, 06:33 PM
From between his lips snaked his tongue, nervous as it traced a pale jowl. The tension that hung over the duo left him uneasy, unsure if he'd exposed too much of his heart for her to see how bruised it had become. Izumi shifted her weight, moved carefully to close the distance between them - each wolf seemingly as skittish as a new fawn.

And then, something most unexpected: a gesture. The crane, gently, rose a slim forelimb to reach for his shoulder with her dainty paw, made contact. The touch came as a surprise, something so wonderfully unforeseen that his body sagged visibly in relief. For so long had he felt void of connection with others, that feel Izumi's closeness sparked electricity within him.

Quicksilver turned his head to gaze upon her again, pastel eyes warm but void of the smile that bloomed, sheepish, on his face. “There is nothing to forgive,” the druid crooned, voice softened. He didn't need nor want her to be sorry for anything, though he appreciated her consideration of him regardless. “If anything, it should be me extending an apology to you. You said you recognised me as... as Sundance, right? It caught me off guard, and I...”

He paused, tried to gauge her reaction, “the truth is that I... I woke up here, in the snow, without even knowing my name or where I came from. My leader, she, ah-” He fumbled with his words, knowing it all sounded ridiculous, “she gave me this moniker, and I made it my own. But I barely remember anything about who I really am.”

the staff team luvs u
08-18-2021, 03:27 PM
As her paw reached the warmth of Quicksilver's shoulder, both his gaze and demenor visibly seemed to soften, sending a relived breath to leave her nostrils and her once tensed shoulders to relax some. Perhaps Izumi was getting better at this 'comforting others' thing than she was giving herself credit for, and that thought alone  had given the crane a little more confidence than she began with. The air around the two still felt a bit stiff, but she was more than okay with this steady progression.

The conversation would take a small turn in another direction and darkened ears cupped forward in interest, asking her of the name she'd given him in the beginning -- Sundance. Shit, where did she even start with that? There was already fear in bringing up such a thing due to his prior reaction, so delving in even deeper with an explanation as to why could only worsen things. At least she figured, until came the confession that he had woken up lacking the knowledge of who he was upon waking up here. Izu's lilac eyes rounded in surprise, and she felt herself bite down on her lower lip.

The chance that she might've been right all this time came as quite a shock to the young woman -- but how couldn't she be when Quicksilver and Sundance shared too many similarities for this to be some kind of coincidence. Izumi had been made insecure by the desperation to see a member of fallen court for so long that she didn't wish to question a mistaken identity, but now...now was her chance to dig further into that abandoned mine of information.

Her paw had left the druid to meet the floor again, moving her form to find a seat beside him before she'd finally begin speaking:

"I woke up in these lands in a much similar situation, actually -- and I...." Fujiwara glanced at him momentarily before speaking, wondering if he'd think her crazy if she said it, but continued regardless. "--I remember dying in my past life...only to wake up in the tundra without injuries, but my memories had not left me, and neither did my recollection of a man named Sundance."

Now came the more fragile piece of the puzzle. She gulped in empty ball of air. "Sundance is the name of a man I shared a pack with during that time -- Seelie Court, it was called. The group had long since fallen, and while I tried searching I never got the chance to reunite with any of the prior members. You looked almost identical to him, that's why...." that's why I'd been so desperate to find out who you were.

"Queen Lumiya," her attention trailed up to him again, this time with flattened ears, "Does a name like that ring a bell to you?"

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
08-18-2021, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 04:15 PM by Quicksilver.)
She settled in alongside him, and began to explain how she had roused to this land under similar circumstances. Izumi had arrived with her memory intact, however: with a name, with vivid recollection of her death, with knowledge of those who'd shared her prior life.

Among those, a wolf called Sundance.

As Quicksilver listened, he did so in silence and with a curious lift of his silver ears. Still he was unconvinced that he could've held such a name, for it simply didn't... fit? Perhaps it did, in a different existence where seemingly he and Izumi lived alongside one another. He didn't yet know if he believed that there could be such a thing as life after death but then, faced with the discussion of it, he found a quiet comfort in the thought of having been given another chance.

He wondered of Lumiya, who'd been the crane's - and his, perhaps - leader once upon a time, but his mind failed to conjure a face to pair with such a name. Was she the dark face with Caribbean eyes who'd visited in his dreams all those months ago? Part of him wanted to ask if he'd been involved with her, with anyone, so that he might better understand his obsession with a certain snowflower.

Did he look to Reiko as a means to fill a void within him, made by another?

“No,” he answered, regrettably, “I'm sorry.”

A long pause followed as Quicksilvertried hard to prompt forgotten memoriesto the forefrontof his mind, worked to desperately recall this place where he might've once made his home. 'Elysium' had sparked something in him that 'Seelie Court' could not, but Izumi had made mo mention if such a place. “Will you... tell me what he was like? Sundance. Did you know him well?”

the staff team luvs u
08-20-2021, 03:58 PM
Izumi's head shaked gently when Quicksilver said sorry -- his apologeticness was not necessary in her eyes. Though a bit disappointed, it was probably forthcoming that he couldn't have remembered the name of the small faerie, let alone his own name from the court. He probably wouldn't be able to remember who Bridget or Teya was either, and decided descriptions would be best if she was going to explain herself.

The silverdruid's curiosities delved into the type of man Sundance had been, and Izu paused thoughtfully in trying to remember. "If I am being honest," The crane admitted "--him and I lacked much interaction for me to make such a judgment on character........I was not a very outgoing person in my adolescence, not even now would I consider myself very outgoing, either..." Which was the reason she'd become accustomed to watching people from a distance. As unnerving as it might've sounded on fresh ears, it allowed the woman to make judgments based on the behavioral patterns of others -- decide who was good, and who couldn't be trusted.

"Through the interactions he had with his friends," ecspecially the then known quite sunflower named Teya, "I could tell he'd been a calm, kindred soul, who valued those who he held close. So its unfortunate I never had the courage to become genuine friends with him..." And it was strange, too. Izumi had been quite fearful of the opposite sex growing up, sometimes to the point of misandry. The girl's grandfather had been the culprit to instill that fear in her in the first place, worrying that his granddaughter would run away to be married off and leave him.

So to know someone like Sundance existed, one who'd been the complete opposite of every terrible thing Izu's grandfather told her men were, confused the teen on everything she was taught and grew to know judgment could not be made on such trival things. Hieronymous had not been terrible to her, neither was Antares or Tiberius. Crux,

​​​"A kindred soul like you are, too. More than you can guess. You remind me of him."

and ecspecially not Quicksilver.

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
08-20-2021, 04:33 PM
Although he'd requested whatever information Izumi had to offer, Quicksilver felt incredibly nervous as she prepared to deliver. His powder blue eyes flitted from her face and returned, silver ears twitched anxiously in all direction. The idea of her unearthing memories that he'd rather remain forgotten was absolutely terrifying.

The truth was, she'd only ever seen this ashen wolf from a distance. Izumi, seemingly an introvert much in the same manner as he considered himself, had not attempted to forge relationships with her pack-mates but instead likely smiled and nodded when she had to. Quicksilver looked kindly on her then, aware suddenly that they were more alike than he'd have guessed.

“Thank you for sharing,” he answered gently, despite her words failing to spark any further recognition within him, “I... when you say you remember your, uh.. when you passed, what-” He shifted uncomfortably, “what happened to you?”

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
08-20-2021, 10:38 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Implications of suicide
"What happened to you?"

The shift of conversation was not an unexpected one, but one that caught Izumi off guard, nonetheless. It wasn't as if she didn't discuss her death to anyone in this strange afterlife before in an attempt to peice together what she couldn't -- but in the time she's had to settle down and stop searching for what couldn't be figured out, her past actions began to come into fruition all so suddenly. Unfurling before the princess like a deck of cards.

"I fell from a cliff one day. The ground beneath me became loose and I collapsed." She answered almost immediately to the point of sounding curt, the warmth of her gaze turned into ice once averted. It was no lie, though it wasn't the whole truth, either -- which was why it felt like a lie each time she explained. Izumi did not travel to the ledge that day to enjoy the wonderous view, only to ditz away on her own four feet by some unfortunate accident -- no. Izu had long planned to walk towards where the ground had stopped and allow gravity to pull her away from that cliff itself.

At that point, she had been dragged away from her third pack -- and her third chance at a new life. To have it happen so quickly and so many times made the woman believe there was no chance at another start and therefore, no reason to continue on this pitiful cycle of trail, error, and loss. She remembered that day -- hot tears had since dried and her will to fight became hollow. The fear and realization of what she'd been doing caught up to her quick enough to stop herself from going on with such an act, but the crumbling grounds.....by then, the universe had already decided her fate, and it was too late to turn back on what she'd started.

あなたはすでにあなたの選択をしました。

Izumi breathed out softly, taking a moment before turning back to look at Quicksilver and continue. Her ears splayed once more in thinking she'd spoken too harshly and the softness, more apologetic than anything, came back into her lilac depths.

"A-After all that, I woke up here. Thats all I remember happening during my death before this....I never really gave it much thought ever since..."

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
08-21-2021, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2021, 11:50 AM by Quicksilver. Edited 1 time in total.)
His gaze was intent on Izumi's pointed features, but she turned away. At once he wondered if he'd struck a nerve, if perhaps he'd roused a sorrow in her that she'd rather bury, but as he prepared to apologise for his curiosity the she-wolf piped up in response. She confessed that a cliff had given way beneath her feet, and Quicksilver inhaled a sharp breath to imagine such an end.

He was terrified if dying, in any way. Be it by drowning, at the jaws of another, by falling or by a lengthy illness, each possibility was equally frightening. What the silverwhite feared most of all, however was to die alone.

Another sore reminder then, how Quicksilver longed for a family to call his own.

Silence held them, the crane and the druid, as each disappeared for a time into the darkness of their own thoughts.

Powder blue eyes stared through the frosted trees, at nothing in particular. His mind drifted through what Izumi had told him if her life before what she recalled to be her death, and he wished he could remember something of significance from his own: a name, a place, more than the azure eyes on an obsidian face that'd once haunted his dreams.

Izumi's stammered words brought him back to reality, and Quicksilver blinked down into the lavender glimmer of her lovely eyes. “I know that dying is part of living, and it comes for all of us someday,” he said sadly, then confessed: “but... I am afraid to.”

Sometimes, I am even afraid to live.

the staff team luvs u
08-24-2021, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2021, 12:56 PM by Izumi. Edited 1 time in total.)
Izumi's gaze couldn't help but linger on Quicksilver's face for a short while, even after he spoke. Like a nervous kid with fidgety fingers and sweaty palms she was right now -- there was no reason to be so anxious and yet strangely, she was. Strangely, Izu did not mind the words of exchange between her and the silver druid, even if it took a more personal route that otherwise would've felt unbearable in any other situation. Truth is...the fact that he'd stayed long enough to listen, even after her abrupt rudeness that she wanted to take back -- it just suprised her, is all. She didn’t want to ruin that -- though was this comfort unsafe? False?

It didn't...feel like it...

"I am too, but..." she began gently "...my grandfather, when I was a little girl, he used to tell me that death can be a beautiful thing. Like a carefully crafted story coming to an ending." 

Well, grandfather Daichi said a bunch of crap to her growing up...the man was a loose canon -- even to Izumi sometimes, who loved him dearly. Yet still there were some memorable words that stuck with her till the present, and his views on death were one of them. If he was still alive, he would surely be disappointed to know that she'd threw his advice out the window the day she attempted to take her own life -- so in return, hopefully he'd smile beyond his grave to know she was relaying his advice to another.

Dark forepaws idly fiddled with a stray rock as the crane spoke again, "A slow, drawn out story you can narrate to your liking until the fate we cannot control writes an ending for you...as long as you can look back on those chapters with a smile, then satisfaction can replace that dwelling fear." She almost felt like a hypocrite retelling this story, as she had failed to make peace with the death of her family and move on before the day of the cliff -- but the air filling her lungs and the blood pumping life into her veins now in this strange afterlife; it only felt natural...and this was something she wished to share with Quicksilver in hope that he didn't become as miserable as her.

"Are there things you wish to do before...that happens?"

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
08-28-2021, 10:56 AM
He barely knew her, lovely Izumi, though just enough to understand that she was a wolfess with wisdom beyond her years. The words she spoke roused some small comfort in him. He could not relate entirely, having lost the memory of his life from before, but Quicksilver rather liked the idea of narrating his own story. If only he could gain some control of that.

If only...

He exhaled a soft breath, and his smile for the pointed crane was a solemn one. She tentatively asked a question of him, one that he could answered without a tremor of hesitation: “I wish only to be wanted, Izumi.” Because despite the comradery of pack, the feeling of family among them, there was the absence of what he longed for most.

She dwelled far in the Northern reaches, unaware of how his heart beat for her.

the staff team luvs u
09-02-2021, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2021, 09:27 PM by Izumi. Edited 1 time in total.)
Wrapping up <3

There was something to be found in his words as she looked and listen, but nothing that had been in her grasp of understanding. One could sum up his words as simply wanting to be apart of something, but Izumi was far too ignorant to know the full story. It almost made her feel...left out -- it was an empty, unpleasant feeling that made her feel queasy in a way. The vagueness of it all. Even still, she didn't have the right to infringe on the privacy of a person who hadn't known of her existence beforehand, had it?

For the few, small seconds she'd be able to get away with it -- Izumi sought to savor the silence between them. No words would've been necessary for the young girl to live in the moment of feeling the warmth that emanated between two bodies as she sat beside him.

and after those few moments of basking in this blissful quite, she calmly straightened up to her own four feet.

"It is time that I left now. I wouldn't wish to stray too long from the pack, I'm sorry....and it was nice seeing you again, Quicksilver." she spoke in gentle dissapointment. A glance was cast towards the grass that was flattened from her presence there -- wanting to sit for a while longer, but eventually forcing herself to turn away and leave...

-exit-

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
09-03-2021, 12:41 PM
Silence followed, and Quicksilver drew in a deep breath. His words had been vague, without background, but to discuss his obsession with a certain snowflower was out of the question. Izumi was not meant to bear the weight of his woes. No, they were his to carry alone.

He appreciated her, in those long moments. The druid felt that she could provide the quiet pillar of support he so needed - time spent without judgement, without offering of advice or apologies. Quicksilver looked out across the frosted territory, up at the alabaster dragon's tooth that reached high into the clouds, and tried to clear his mind.

Izumi, regrettably, excused herself. Duty-bound, she deemed it appropriate to cut their time together short and turn toward home. With a fluid turn of his narrow muzzle he regarded the crane with pastel eyes, and attempted to smile. “The pleasure is mine,” he said, and watched her go before he himself gathered to move away and resume his task.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top