Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
[ ✸ ] choking on flowers.

Early Morning Overcast 70° F
AW
08-06-2021, 03:41 PM

Today was the day. The day he'd snuck out of the grasp of his probably-not-fully-asleep lover and stumbled out of the den like a newborn horse. He was wobbly at best, maneuvering himself around like a cat—an unkept tail high in the sky to support his horrible balance. His tumbly was a rumbly, and considering how hard his love had been working recently, he figured he'd try to catch something himself. Albeit, he wasn't sure what, “Oh, dear...” but he'd lost weight and he wouldn't be running long distances if he weighed as much as a child.

The sun had only begun to rise as he found himself at a small stream, coated in water and frustration. Despite his exhaustion, his attempts weren't entirely in vain! He... He'd managed to catch a frog, not that he wanted it, but it was something! He picked up his little catch, exiting the water to slip on a rock and send the poor animal spirling into orbit. Holding a whimper in his chest, he watched with trembling legs as it landed back in a deeper part of the creek, suddenly getting swooped up by a crow. “Fly high, lil guy.”

the staff team luvs u
08-06-2021, 04:32 PM
Célnes had some issues to think about - a mixture of good, and bad news came to light. The relationship between her two royal guards, though both dipped in the unholy colors that was of white, she had trusted them. Had. Meissa though continued to be a pride of Elkshire, someone she did not think to strip away of the reigns of 'royal' guard, but now, she held second thoughts concerning her dearest cousin, who thought so little to her, when she thought that they held a well acquittanced relationship.

The purpose of the royal guard was a direct protection to herself, and the royalty that come with it ; meaning the eight heirs she gave birth to. Her mind drifted to the factor of a man who even threatened her at her own forest to if she did wrong at the wedding. Rather, the Queen would welcome the harmony, finding it suitable the wretched would gather together. Maybe their mixture would preform a beauty of colors that would destroy the unruly genes, but..

Now she no longer trusted one.

The problems that she faced was now fallen onto the floor, a failed attempt at a hunt, with the Queen watching him with a cold, heartless gaze. The faint sound sound of her children in the distance reminded her to lighten up a bit, a persona unbreakable, a Queen of smiles. But she didn't, and simply watched his failed attempts. A small break to fetch some water resulted in contemplation.. What to do with him?

the staff team luvs u
08-07-2021, 12:37 AM

She wouldn't do anything if she knew what was good for her, but that was where this Queen fell in line with all the rest, wasn't it? A power-luster, a dirty woman whose nutmeg silk wasn't pure of sins, but stained in the filth she set out to destroy. It was a bloody ironic ponder, a meaning he now held firmly between fatigued eyes. How he saw it—how he saw her—didn't matter now.

The damage had been layered on thick by her unwavering tongue as it hid behind her narrow, impish lips. She hadn't spoken a single damned word to him as he felt her ghoulish energy stagnate the area surrounding his once-welcoming home. She hadn't needed to. Fury recognized fury. Her silence did nothing but add deadwood to his internal flame.

“Well, well, look who the herd dragged in.” Enthralling vocals leeched from a raw throat, a lavish coat of curly flyaways, golden and toned to a liking he had never before achieved. It was all thanks to his significant other, her worry—her relentless love. An affection that left him glistening, perhaps enough to make those avert their eyes away from his less-than-savoury stature. That would be no worry to him, oh no, not as her highness, the majesty stood mere feet from his feeble hind. He'd put in no effort to face her, showing his reckless state as a sign of mockery. Alas, he had not fumbled. Not hard enough to die, as she might have (or, maybe, not have) wished.

“I wasn't expecting your arrival today, but I'm... happy you're here.” Light with his words, not frightened to arouse her angry, simply not wishing to erect any more harm than he'd already done to their collapsing relationship. “It's been difficult to bring visitors in while you're away, but this one was simply too important to let slip through our grasp.” After all, he was recovering. He need not get thrown to the coyotes when merely walking took his breath. “Might I introduce you to her royalness, Queen Isabella Astor.” Bowing, lifting his paw in her direction.

A lady deserved a proper entrance, didn't she?

the staff team luvs u
08-09-2021, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 12:15 AM by Isabella. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
Isabella Astor had lived the comfortable life of a queen for the greater half of two, almost three years. It had not… quite been in the cards for her to become a queen, but that hadn’t stopped her. She’d done what needed to be done, and that was that. Truly, simply, beautifully.

Upon learning what an Arrival was, and that she wasn’t in Kansas anymore, Isabella’s greatest concerns were, of course, her people. Her people and how to get back to them. Second, came establishing her roots. Which meant that queens had to meet. Truly not an uncommon thing for Isabella; Edgewood had many alliances under their belt, and Isabella knew how to handle them under any normal circumstance.

But going for a quick dip in the lake and turning up in the middle of someone else’s courtyard? Someone else who might not take kindly to some random woman proclaiming herself to be a queen? It seemed, even to Isabella, suspicious as hell. And here she’d thought that she, herself, and Edgewood would be completely unknown, but then Flynn had known who she was before she had even introduced herself. How, even, did she know him? Why could she not remember?

Ah, she supposed that was a question for another time. She could hear her introduction, and therefore, knew it was her time to make an arrival. An ear flickered, nervously, as she picked up her gift to the queen - an ocelot that she’d gone out of her way to hunt off Elkshire grounds - because greeting another queen, in her own lands, empty handed, was an insult.

Entering slowly, Isabella Astor moved with grace. A slow, elegant grace. She did not want to make a fool of herself by tripping or dropping the gift; she did not want to challenge this unknown queen by looking her in the eyes, or doing anything that could be seen as disrespectful.

She would approach, giving the queen plenty of space, and placing the gift in the center of the room/area/etc and bowing respectfully, as she took several, several, several steps back. She would remain in this bowed like position as she smiled almost angelically towards her. She would not speak, though; in fear and suspicion that speaking first might be considered an insult or disrespect, so she would wait, silently, to be spoken to. She was in the queen’s court; her (Isabella’s) title, rank, and experiences did not matter in this moment.

And perhaps, they never would ever again.^^

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 5klL6Dz.png]
08-11-2021, 02:04 AM
Attitude, so Célnes saw it. She raised a brow at such a mans words, not understanding what had brought such behavior. She could no longer truly trust him, even around her children ; would he say scornful words against the innocent? Such hypocrisy that came from a Déorwine! Though many were innocent, judged immediately upon birth, just as she had done to her own children. Slow adjustment, gaining used to the spots of white that became a usual.. A steady, but cold laughter - she was not having fun.

"My, a Queen you say?" She sat down as Flynn introduced someone who was a Queen! Was it a visitor of another nation? One she yet to know about - for there was The Pantheon within the east, and Nightwalkers within the north, where was this woman? One who brought such a strange present, she of course couldn't help but bend down and take a whiff, feline like that they were, she had never seen one so.. Spotted, and round-eared. An usual gift she would say! But a pleased one. They were blessed, as so, riches in browns and creams.. A beauty, to the eye, no man would dare look away, and even some woman would turn their heels.

"I am Célnes Déorwine, Queen of Elkshire, how may I have the pleasure, Queen Isabbella," someone who was brought in midst of their territory. She gave a steady, look at Flynn, a shake toward him at such foolishness, before a smile at the other. At least they did not seem someone who would attack randomly, or words like that of a savage. Was she a true queen, or one like the golden girl in the other forest?

the staff team luvs u
08-12-2021, 03:31 PM

The male had done his deed here, no longer wanting to be involved with either of them. Not that he didn't like the new Queen. She was baffling in beauty, stood tall and powerful at the face of uncertainty, but held a tender glow to her untamed flame that reminded even him to be humble.

It was a lot to gather merely off a few meetings, but he had faith he wasn't too far off.

The conversation they had was nothing of him, though, thus he sat idle and waited for their exchange in hopes that maybe this would make up for a small section of his errors.

( short post, as flynn is a bystander now. <3 )

the staff team luvs u
08-14-2021, 12:31 AM
^^
Célnes Déorwine was a woman that was held together by the deadliest of chocolates, and the finest of wines. Her eyes shimmered orange, which reminded Isabella of her most favorite thing ever: pumpkins, and the fall.

She wondered if, in that moment, if she were to press forward and smell her, would Célnes Déorwine also smell of the fall? And perhaps these were inappropriate thoughts for a queen such as Isabella to have for another of her own stature, but alas, it was a fleeting thought.

She was not thanked for the gift. Instead, the darker queen of more sinister hues jumped straight to the point, and Isabella wondered why that was. Her left ear flickered in sync with the tip of her tail as Isabella smiled and nodded respectfully.

“Thank you for taking the time out of your business schedule to see me, Queen Célnes. I come from the Kingdom of Edgewood. I have only just arrived here, I’m afraid, and in the middle of your territory, if I am to understand things correctly. I wanted you to be aware of my presence here; I would have hated you to find out about another queen within your kingdom from any other source.” Because that alone would have sent the message that Isabella was suspicious, with a hidden agenda, when all she really wanted to do was to return to Edgewood.

She did not quite understand how she was in another reality; how her pack was missing - or was it she who had gone missing - or how it was that anyone, let alone the one who had led her here, had recognized her. Ah, she supposed she’d either learn of these things later, or never at all.

“ I do not wish to impose on you or of Elkshire. If there is not a way to return to Edgewood safely… then I will do what I can to assist you - should you require it - in the time that I chose to remain within Elkshire’s territory.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
[Image: 5klL6Dz.png]
08-15-2021, 04:59 PM
She understood ; the Queen of Edgewood was a plain walker. Though blessed in a kingdom of her own, she had been parted forcibly and ended up within another realm of a Kingdom, a shame, as Célnes gave a pitied smile at the same thought. Her own was in a shamble of sorts, and she took the death and rebirth was a gift moreso, and a revujination of what currently stood ; Elkshire. A proud standing, even if at the moment a slight civil issue stood amongst herself and the guards that honed their skills. When the slight thought came she nearly looked at Flynn, but maintained a focused upon the other.

"Thank you for your gift and introduction - it would surely be surprising to find another Queen in the territory. Though I do understand that many.. Lost their home and ended up in these forests, for better or for worst." She could hold it against the other, not finding them a loon of sorts and only nodded. The Déorwine respected Isabella in that sense, rather a disarray and attempt of a take over, she rather introduce herself in that fit of chaos, losing it all for so.

"You can stay as long as you need to to reclaim your footing within the new lands. We only have a rule though, we do not hunt elk or deer."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top